Scientific search for what is God.

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Scientific search for what is God.

Post #1

Post by McCulloch »

JP Cusick wrote:I agree that the Big-Bang gives us very little insight into what is God, and the creation event is only a physical reality with very little to teach about the spiritual side.

It would be better if modern science would search to discover what is God but the people are so intimidated by the reality of God that science can not even talk about it let alone do the research.

The science of the "parallel universe" tells us so much more about our Creator, because if we each do exist in different parallel universes (and I accept that as true) then that does explain how God does gives truth and justices to every person whoever lived.
What would the search to discover what is God if it were to be carried out by modern science?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

H.sapiens
Guru

Re: Scientific search for what is God.

Post #41

Post by H.sapiens »

JP Cusick wrote:
Peter wrote: No thinking person can claim absolutely that "gods don't exist" only that the current crop of man invented gods don't exist.
The above sentence is not written very well, but it makes a valid point for science.

The - man invented Gods - do not exist.

So we need to look for whatever is the real Creator, search for the real version of God.

--------------------------------------------------------

McCulloch wrote:
JP Cusick wrote: The science of the "parallel universe" tells us so much more about our Creator, because if we each do exist in different parallel universes (and I accept that as true) then that does explain how God does gives truth and justices to every person whoever lived.
You have completely lost me here. How does the theory of parallel universes show anything about God? Why would you accept that someone very much like you in a parallel universe is identical to being you?
We do not know all of the particulars yet, but some aspects are easier to comprehend.

As like the theory of Parallel Universes includes that we go through other universes without easily noticing the switch, and so every parallel universe is directly connected to each other and so we can be inside of hundreds of parallel universes at the same time until each time one separates from another and we can identify those events in our own life, and the most easy to identify is where a death or severe event happens because those times are where the parallels divide.

In example: A car crash, so in one universe we die and another we survive and another we have severe injuries and another of the same crash some other person dies or the other has the severe injuries, and so every part of that parallel universe would all be connected and divided at the car crash and those we can identify. Anytime death is involved then a parallel universe divides, as like an abortion in this evil universe has that same baby being born alive in a parallel universe and thus the same person is always the one who lives and so every person lives to the very end in their own last parallel.

I say that only a God of extreme love and justice could have created such a phenomenon.
This is a great example of a ridiculous hypothesis being advanced to theory status with no evidence whatsoever.

Monta
Guru

Post #42

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 39 by JP Cusick]

"As like the theory of Parallel Universes includes that we go through other universes without easily noticing the switch, and so every parallel universe is directly connected to each other and so we can be inside of hundreds of parallel universes at the same time until .."

There's too many unknowns but Swedenborg 1688-1772 talks a bit about it.

He said when people mediate they are seen walking pristinly and calmly
but as soon as they realize they are meditating they disappear.

He was witnessing this in the spiritual dimension he was in.
Scientists would agree to parallel universe but perhaps not call it spiritual.
As they don't know anything about them should not be closed-minded.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #43

Post by McCulloch »

JP Cusick wrote:
McCulloch wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:The science of the "parallel universe" tells us so much more about our Creator, because if we each do exist in different parallel universes (and I accept that as true) then that does explain how God does gives truth and justices to every person whoever lived.
You have completely lost me here. How does the theory of parallel universes show anything about God? Why would you accept that someone very much like you in a parallel universe is identical to being you?
We do not know all of the particulars yet, but some aspects are easier to comprehend.

As like the theory of Parallel Universes includes that we go through other universes without easily noticing the switch, and so every parallel universe is directly connected to each other and so we can be inside of hundreds of parallel universes at the same time until each time one separates from another and we can identify those events in our own life, and the most easy to identify is where a death or severe event happens because those times are where the parallels divide.
I suspect that I have a reading comprehension problem. I have read the link you provided about parallel universes and I have read an well recommended book by a prominent mathematician about the same. I must have missed the bit about us switching universes.
JP Cusick wrote:In example: A car crash, so in one universe we die and another we survive and another we have severe injuries and another of the same crash some other person dies or the other has the severe injuries, and so every part of that parallel universe would all be connected and divided at the car crash and those we can identify. Anytime death is involved then a parallel universe divides, as like an abortion in this evil universe has that same baby being born alive in a parallel universe and thus the same person is always the one who lives and so every person lives to the very end in their own last parallel.
I would really like to know where you got this example. I looks suspiciously like the famous thought experiment whereby you could prove the multiple universes interpretation of quantum physics. The difference being that, in physics, all classical events like car crashed and babies being born are determined; only quantum events cause parallel universes to be created.
JP Cusick wrote:I say that only a God of extreme love and justice could have created such a phenomenon.
Why would you say that? In the parallel universe model, there is no room for divine intervention. Everything that could happen, does happen in at least one universe.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

H.sapiens
Guru

Post #44

Post by H.sapiens »

Monta wrote: [Replying to post 39 by JP Cusick]

"As like the theory of Parallel Universes includes that we go through other universes without easily noticing the switch, and so every parallel universe is directly connected to each other and so we can be inside of hundreds of parallel universes at the same time until .."

There's too many unknowns but Swedenborg 1688-1772 talks a bit about it.

He said when people mediate they are seen walking pristinly and calmly
but as soon as they realize they are meditating they disappear.

He was witnessing this in the spiritual dimension he was in.
Scientists would agree to parallel universe but perhaps not call it spiritual.
As they don't know anything about them should not be closed-minded.
No. Most scientists say that there is no tangible evidence of parallel universes, but it remains an intriguing, but unknown probability, possibility.

wannabe
Apprentice

Post #45

Post by wannabe »

[Replying to post 1 by McCulloch]

Yes because intelligence doesn't come from science , science comes from intelligence.

Intimidated people of science are looking towards the wrong direction for their answers.
Because for the sake of man's intelligence it may also be his demise.
See : science - "under nuclear".

The event of a saviour tells a lot about a God, whose ideals delve into righteousness on a forever basis.

so
Study the 'steps of man' to discover where he came from and retrace them upwards to see where he is going. ( I think man should be afraid to look in both directions.)
However the upward steps haven't been built yet!

I don't think any of "us" and even God would like to be analytically analyzed for scientific research.
It is really a searching of God's personality. Otherwise god is just a " thing that creates".

wannabe
Apprentice

Post #46

Post by wannabe »

[Replying to post 45 by wannabe]

Yes because intelligence doesn't come from science, science comes from intelligence .

Intimidated people of science are looking towards the wrong god for their answers.
For the god that loves sends his son as a saviour .

Because for the sake of man's intelligence it may also be his demise.
See : science - "under nuclear ".

The event of a saviour tells a lot about a god , whose ideals delve into righteousness on a forever basis.

Study the steps of man to discover where he came from and retrace them upwards to see where he is going. ( I think man should be afraid to look in both directions. )

I don't think any of " us " and even God would like to be analytically analyzed for scientific research.
It is really a searching of God's personality otherwise god is just a thing that creates.
:
:

Live to give , Give to live ( love Jesus )

: I believe a mans spirit is more than just his imagination.

I believe in forever. That's true even without religion.(or man)

: Live to give, give to life, Forgive to live.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #47

Post by Danmark »

wannabe wrote: [Replying to post 45 by wannabe]

Intimidated people of science are looking towards the wrong god for their answers.
For the god that loves sends his son as a saviour .
In the OP there is a quote from JP Cusick. He supports none of his presuppositions in the quote. Now you repeat this unsupported, vague claim about 'intimidated people of science.' I'm not sure what you mean. I do know one thing at least; people who study science and have no belief in god are not intimidated in the least by 'god' or any other imaginary being or other thing they don't believe exists.

H.sapiens
Guru

Post #48

Post by H.sapiens »

Yes because intelligence doesn't come from science, science comes from intelligence .
Science is a method, not a thing or a place.
wannabe wrote: Intimidated people of science are looking towards the wrong god for their answers.
Science has never intimidated me in any way. I have no god thus I no wrong god.
wannabe wrote: For the god that loves sends his son as a saviour. That construct is an abysmal waste of time and energy suitable only for the congenitally guilt ridden.
I am not in need of a saviour.
wannabe wrote: Because for the sake of man's intelligence it may also be his demise.
Fire and Ice
BY ROBERT FROST
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
wannabe wrote: The event of a saviour tells a lot about a god , whose ideals delve into righteousness on a forever basis.
Fairy tales.
wannabe wrote:
Study the steps of man to discover where he came from and retrace them upwards to see where he is going. ( I think man should be afraid to look in both directions. )

I don't think any of " us " and even God would like to be analytically analyzed for scientific research.
It is really a searching of God's personality otherwise god is just a thing that creates.
One of the first things you learn in science classes is to not take seriously extrapolations that are outside of your data set.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #49

Post by JP Cusick »

H.sapiens wrote: One of the first things you learn in science classes is to not take seriously extrapolations that are outside of your data set.
I have often said this and it is just so true - that science class in every school level teaches the students to avoid and shun the existence of God and thereby the students are brainwashed into the lame and shallow version of science which can never find the truth because they are taught to be afraid of the truth.

Any new challenging discovery simply has to come from outside of the restricted and limited data sheet.

Science without religion is lame.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #50

Post by paarsurrey1 »

H.sapiens wrote:

wannabe wrote: Intimidated people of science are looking towards the wrong god for their answers.
wannabe wrote: For the god that loves sends his son as a saviour. That construct is an abysmal waste of time and energy suitable only for the congenitally guilt ridden.
I am not in need of a saviour.
wannabe wrote: Because for the sake of man's intelligence it may also be his demise.
Fire and Ice
BY ROBERT FROST
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
wannabe wrote: The event of a saviour tells a lot about a god , whose ideals delve into righteousness on a forever basis.
Fairy tales.
wannabe wrote:

One of the first things you learn in science classes is to not take seriously extrapolations that are outside of your data set.
OK,please
OK, please
Science has never intimidated me. I believe in God, so why be afraid of anything?!
For the god that loves sends his son as a saviour.
Jesus was not a son of god more than other Jews mentioned in the OT.
Jesus is no more a savior than Moses and before him Abraham and before him Adam. Right, please?
Regards