Scientific search for what is God.

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Scientific search for what is God.

Post #1

Post by McCulloch »

JP Cusick wrote:I agree that the Big-Bang gives us very little insight into what is God, and the creation event is only a physical reality with very little to teach about the spiritual side.

It would be better if modern science would search to discover what is God but the people are so intimidated by the reality of God that science can not even talk about it let alone do the research.

The science of the "parallel universe" tells us so much more about our Creator, because if we each do exist in different parallel universes (and I accept that as true) then that does explain how God does gives truth and justices to every person whoever lived.
What would the search to discover what is God if it were to be carried out by modern science?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

H.sapiens
Guru

Re: Scientific search for what is God.

Post #51

Post by H.sapiens »

JP Cusick wrote:
H.sapiens wrote: One of the first things you learn in science classes is to not take seriously extrapolations that are outside of your data set.
I have often said this and it is just so true - that science class in every school level teaches the students to avoid and shun the existence of God and thereby the students are brainwashed into the lame and shallow version of science which can never find the truth because they are taught to be afraid of the truth.

Any new challenging discovery simply has to come from outside of the restricted and limited data sheet.

Science without religion is lame.
You just don't get it. New discoveries are not made outside your data set, you take additional data so that what you want to know is brought inside your data set rather than just being a wild and unsubstantiated claim.

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #52

Post by Kenisaw »

JP Cusick wrote:
McCulloch wrote:
JP Cusick wrote: It would be better if modern science would search to discover what is God but the people are so intimidated by the reality of God that science can not even talk about it let alone do the research.
What would the search to discover what is God if it were to be carried out by modern science?
It would need to be done as are other science projects.

As like they search for life on other planets - because that search comes before there is any proof or evidence.
I know I am 5 pages late into this thread, but this post deserves some attention.

You are incorrect in your statement, JP. We know life exists (you and I are proof enough of that). We know life can be found on a planet orbiting a star. We know lots of planets orbit lots of stars. So we already have evidence and data as a starting point for the search. We are not assuming anything. The search for life on other planets is a result OF the evidence and proof that we have so far...
Science searched for the 9th planet of Pluto before there was any 9th planet because if it were already found then there is nothing more to search.
No, they searched for Pluto because something was affecting the orbit of Neptune, so there had to be something with that mass out there. That's why they looked for Pluto, and that's how they figured out about where to look too. Once again, evidence came first.
It might even be that the search needs to be done along with the science of Psychology, because the study of God is very much about the strange phenomenon of humanity.
First we need evidence. You know, like everything else that is researched by science...

Got any evidence? No, I didn't think so...

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #53

Post by McCulloch »

JP Cusick wrote:I have often said this and it is just so true - that science class in every school level teaches the students to avoid and shun the existence of God and thereby the students are brainwashed into the lame and shallow version of science which can never find the truth because they are taught to be afraid of the truth.
This much is true, you have repeated this quite often. However, your repetition of this falsehood does not make it true. Science does not teach one to fear truth; science teaches one to test truth claims. I have seen the science curriculum and I personally know a few science teachers. They would find amusing and insulting your accusation that science teaches students to shun and avoid the existence of God. They teach the sciences as they teach mathematics, reading or carpentry. When science has nothing to say about the existence, it says nothing. Neither for or against.
JP Cusick wrote:Any new challenging discovery simply has to come from outside of the restricted and limited data sheet.
Really, what new challenging discoveries would your brand of godly science investigate?
JP Cusick wrote:Science without religion is lame.
I believe that you misunderstand Einstein's intent and that Einstein was wrong in this.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #54

Post by JP Cusick »

McCulloch wrote: Really, what new challenging discoveries would your brand of godly science investigate?
It does seem to me that secular science is simply incompetent to the task of searching for the Creator and of reporting on the existence of God.

Any person working within secular (Atheist - Heathen) science would be punished by the scientific community for any comment regarding the reality of God.

That is what happened to Einstein when he kept putting God into his science because the backlash was fierce until he had to stop referencing God, and so too with Stephen Hawking who after pressure he came out against there being a God because secular science is purposely anti religion.

We really need a new kind of open minded science which has the courage to stand up against those Heathens and Atheist who are so anti religion.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #55

Post by paarsurrey1 »

McCulloch wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:I have often said this and it is just so true - that science class in every school level teaches the students to avoid and shun the existence of God and thereby the students are brainwashed into the lame and shallow version of science which can never find the truth because they are taught to be afraid of the truth.
This much is true, you have repeated this quite often. However, your repetition of this falsehood does not make it true. Science does not teach one to fear truth; science teaches one to test truth claims. I have seen the science curriculum and I personally know a few science teachers. They would find amusing and insulting your accusation that science teaches students to shun and avoid the existence of God. They teach the sciences as they teach mathematics, reading or carpentry. When science has nothing to say about the existence, it says nothing. Neither for or against.
JP Cusick wrote:Any new challenging discovery simply has to come from outside of the restricted and limited data sheet.
Really, what new challenging discoveries would your brand of godly science investigate?
JP Cusick wrote:Science without religion is lame.
I believe that you misunderstand Einstein's intent and that Einstein was wrong in this.
science teaches students to shun and avoid the existence of God
It is not the science that does it, it is the atheist science teachers or atheist scientists among the scientists' community who are unfairly doing it, please.
Regards

Peter
Guru

Post #56

Post by Peter »

JP Cusick wrote:
McCulloch wrote: Really, what new challenging discoveries would your brand of godly science investigate?
It does seem to me that secular science is simply incompetent to the task of searching for the Creator and of reporting on the existence of God.

Any person working within secular (Atheist - Heathen) science would be punished by the scientific community for any comment regarding the reality of God.

That is what happened to Einstein when he kept putting God into his science because the backlash was fierce until he had to stop referencing God, and so too with Stephen Hawking who after pressure he came out against there being a God because secular science is purposely anti religion.

We really need a new kind of open minded science which has the courage to stand up against those Heathens and Atheist who are so anti religion.
Perhaps you can be the founder of a Science of Magic since our current crop of scientists are far too closed minded. If a god or it's effects exist in the natural world, Science will find it.
Religion is poison because it asks us to give up our most precious faculty, which is that of reason, and to believe things without evidence. It then asks us to respect this, which it calls faith. - Christopher Hitchens

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #57

Post by JP Cusick »

Peter wrote: Perhaps you can be the founder of a Science of Magic since our current crop of scientists are far too closed minded.
I say J.K. Rowling already did that very well in her "Harry Potter" stories.

Link = DC&R thread - Religion in Harry Potter stories:
Peter wrote: If a god or it's effects exist in the natural world, Science will find it.
I say you make a mistake there by limiting it to the so called "natural" world, because nature is just a fancy name for a God without calling it as a God.

We need to look at the spiritual world, but you and science shuts that out with those "natural" restrictions.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

William
Savant

Post #58

Post by William »

[Replying to post 55 by Peter]
If a god or it's effects exist in the natural world, Science will find it.
Scientists generally are not looking for GOD in the effects which exist in the natural world. Some interpret the handiwork of GOD therein, others see no reason to do so.

Mostly scientists are hired to focus on using science as a means of making money for those invested in this productivity.

The productivity is not always helpful in relation to the bigger picture. Often it is harmful.

Peter
Guru

Post #59

Post by Peter »

JP Cusick wrote:
Peter wrote: Perhaps you can be the founder of a Science of Magic since our current crop of scientists are far too closed minded.
I say J.K. Rowling already did that very well in her "Harry Potter" stories.

Link = DC&R thread - Religion in Harry Potter stories:
Peter wrote: If a god or it's effects exist in the natural world, Science will find it.
I say you make a mistake there by limiting it to the so called "natural" world, because nature is just a fancy name for a God without calling it as a God.

We need to look at the spiritual world, but you and science shuts that out with those "natural" restrictions.
I'm unfamiliar with scientific investigation of the supernatural. Is it similar to the numerous "ghost hunter" shows on television? They frequently use flashy, beepy devices that alert them to a supernatural presence. On what principle do those devices operate? Wishful thinking maybe?

Seriously, since Science is, by definition, limited to the natural world how on earth do you propose a science of the super natural?
Religion is poison because it asks us to give up our most precious faculty, which is that of reason, and to believe things without evidence. It then asks us to respect this, which it calls faith. - Christopher Hitchens

wannabe
Apprentice

Post #60

Post by wannabe »

[Replying to McCulloch]

The topic question : "what would the search to discover what is God if it were to be carried out by
modern science"?

If you want proof of or evidence of God for the sake of a starting point for your search?

Give him the benefit of the doubt and in all earnestness ask him to reveal his presence to you.
But don't expect miracles, just expect an understanding,
Given by God.

Because God can make his presence felt.

Feelings run deep in the soul

And God loves.
:
:

Live to give , Give to live ( love Jesus )

: I believe a mans spirit is more than just his imagination.

I believe in forever. That's true even without religion.(or man)

: Live to give, give to life, Forgive to live.