Flood "Science"

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Peter
Guru

Flood "Science"

Post #1

Post by Peter »

Why do Christians insist that the flood story of the Bible have a natural explanation when God Magic is a ready answer.
Religion is poison because it asks us to give up our most precious faculty, which is that of reason, and to believe things without evidence. It then asks us to respect this, which it calls faith. - Christopher Hitchens

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #21

Post by DanieltheDragon »

Moderator Comment

Instead of commenting on the personal nature of what people identify as please stick to the topic at hand. Lest this gives rise to an unfortunate dialogue between posters that could be both uncivil and offensive.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: Flood "Science"

Post #22

Post by JP Cusick »

Peter wrote: Why do Christians insist that the flood story of the Bible have a natural explanation when God Magic is a ready answer.
Having a natural explanation is giving it a Godly explanation, because nature is another name for God.

A true miracle is natural and is not magic.

See = Deism has the God of Nature.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

Peter
Guru

Post #23

Post by Peter »

JP Cusick wrote:
Peter wrote: Why do Christians insist that the flood story of the Bible have a natural explanation when God Magic is a ready answer.
Having a natural explanation is giving it a Godly explanation, because nature is another name for God.

A true miracle is natural and is not magic.

See = Deism has the God of Nature.
So you're a Deist JP? I was under the impression you're a Christian.
Religion is poison because it asks us to give up our most precious faculty, which is that of reason, and to believe things without evidence. It then asks us to respect this, which it calls faith. - Christopher Hitchens

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #24

Post by JP Cusick »

Peter wrote: So you're a Deist JP? I was under the impression you're a Christian.
I embrace all religions and philosophies, and I distinguish whatever each one has that is right and embrace what is right and reject whatever they have which is wrong.

As such based on every religion then I always find myself as preaching Christ at the summit of truth, and so that makes me as foremost being a Christian - even though Christianity rejects me.

In example the Deist view of God as Nature has lots of merit and truth to it and so I embrace that too, but the Deist do not accept Jesus as the Christ which I do, and so the Deist do not embrace me.

I find this same problem in every religion - that I like their faith but they do not like mine.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #25

Post by Kenisaw »

Peter wrote: Another big problem with the flood myth is that the entire human genome had to descend from a handful of humans (mostly related genetically). We know that's quite impossible without god magic. So please, stop trying to convince us that the flood myth was totally possible without magic.
I've often wondered who in Noah's family got to bring measles, mumps, rubella, gonorrhea, syphilis, HPV, hepatitis (all of em), herpes, etc to the post-flood world. Now that's someone who was truly loved by their god...

Rufus21
Scholar

Post #26

Post by Rufus21 »

[Replying to post 24 by Kenisaw]

Must have been the nephilim. Nothing ruins a good incest party like an infected sasquatch.