Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he?

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he, please?
Regards

Prince
Scholar

Post #21

Post by Prince »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
Prince wrote: Jesus words recorded in the Gospels prove Paul is an impostor.
Will one quote them here, please?
Regards
Jesus said to continue in His word. Paul did not Quote Jesus except for one time with a quote from the last supper.

Jesus said He gave His words to those the Father gave Him out of the world. Paul didn't quote Jesus because he never bothered to get the words from the disciples

Clearly Paul made up his own theology.

Reference; "If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple" John 8:31

"I have given them the words you gave me and they have accepted them"John 17:8

onewithhim
Savant

Post #22

Post by onewithhim »

Prince wrote: Jesus words recorded in the Gospels prove Paul is an impostor.
So you reject the rest of the New Testament? You accept only the Gospels? Not that they contradict what Acts 9:1-16 tells us (I don't believe that they do), but you seem to want to disregard what is written in Acts.

And I fail to see how you can make such a statement as you did that Paul never quoted Jesus. He referred to Him all the time and quoted Him often. (I Corinthians 11:23-26; I Corinth.5:6,7, 9-13; Romans 15:5) Really, I just started to find references to Jesus in Paul's writing, and there are SO MANY that it is ridiculous for me to try and cite them all. It is indicative of an individuals' spiritual quality, whether or not that person can see the teachings of Jesus in Paul's writing. That Paul honored Jesus throughout his writings is glaringly obvious.

Paul clearly is referencing Matthew 16:6,11 when he says what he does at I Corinthians 5:6,7.....or at least he is referencing what Jesus said according to Matthew. Paul also is clearly teaching Jesus' view of unrepentant sinners (Matthew 18:15-17) at I Corinthians 5:9-13. Further, Paul sets forth the name of Jesus as the one who is worth imitating, when he says what he does at Romans 15:5,6. I could go on and on. Your accusation against Paul is unfounded.

Prince
Scholar

Post #23

Post by Prince »

Show me where Paul quoted Jesus not just teaching based on Jesus ideas. Jesus said to use His words to abide in His words. Paul failed as did the apostles.

He's waiting. Can you believe?

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #24

Post by brianbbs67 »

The word of God comes in many forms. To say the Quran is the only form is denying the history of Abram. Most at that time worshiped the creator. Who knows what their words and agreements were. Then their is later Balak and Balaam. The Moabites worshiped God just as the Hebrew. It was not until well into Moses' time of Exodus, that one law was established for the stranger(goyim) and the Hebrew.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #25

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Prince wrote: Show me where Paul quoted Jesus not just teaching based on Jesus ideas. Jesus said to use His words to abide in His words. Paul failed as did the apostles.

Please elaborate your viewpoint.
Regards

Prince
Scholar

Post #26

Post by Prince »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
Prince wrote: Show me where Paul quoted Jesus not just teaching based on Jesus ideas. Jesus said to use His words to abide in His words. Paul failed as did the apostles.

Regards
The point I am making is that Jesus said to use His words but Paul did not do so. He made up His own theology then claimed Jesus sent him which is preposterous. Jesus would not have sent others as He was sent with the same words and then send Paul in a different way.

I know that Peter supposedly accepted Paul but the Disciples did not do what Jesus intended either.

Jesus wanted His followers to spread God's word as He did with His words and the word of God from the scriptures.

The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #27

Post by brianbbs67 »

Prince wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote:

Regards
The point I am making is that Jesus said to use His words but Paul did not do so. He made up His own theology then claimed Jesus sent him which is preposterous. Jesus would not have sent others as He was sent with the same words and then send Paul in a different way.

I know that Peter supposedly accepted Paul but the Disciples did not do what Jesus intended either.

Jesus wanted His followers to spread God's word as He did with His words and the word of God from the scriptures.

I hear you here. I , too, had doubts. Then I remembered , Peter being given the Latitude to declare things. God or the christ must have known what he would do.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #28

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Prince wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote:

Regards

I agree with you. Paul took revenge from Jesus and very cleverly changed the message of One-True-God to Jesus.

Regards

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Re: Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he

Post #29

Post by Justin108 »

Elijah John wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he, please?
Regards
He didn't declare him trustworthy or untrustworthy.

However, he did say this:

Acts 9:

15 But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man [Paul] is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.
16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.�
That is completely a matter of faith. Something uttered by the "risen Christ" in a vision, and not by the flesh and blood (whom Paul never met) historical, "pre-Easter" Jesus.
Is it a bad thing that it's a matter of faith?

paarsurrey1
Sage

Re: Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he

Post #30

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Checkpoint wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he, please?
Regards
He didn't declare him (Paul) trustworthy or untrustworthy.

However, he did say this:

Acts 9:

15 But the Lord said to Ananias
The above is again narration from Paul. Did Ananias write any Gospel, please?
Regards