Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he?

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he, please?
Regards

liamconnor
Prodigy

Re: Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he

Post #51

Post by liamconnor »

paarsurrey1 wrote: Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he, please?
Regards
As much as people may applaud your signature courtesies of, "please" and "regards", perhaps a bit more substance would help readers understand where you are coming from.

Do you have a specific verse in mind? Or was there a prior conversation which prompted this question that you could cut and paste (if from this site) or quote (if from a reading or conversation elsewhere)?

The tone communicated by your posts suggests a person who is not here to debate, but rather of a young novice who knows nothing about religion or the bible or logic and has just reached that age when Philosophy starts to bloom: i.e., the age of questions.

It is a great age, don't get me wrong. But it would be helpful if you announced that that is your current stage of philosophical inquiry.

(oh, and of course the words "Paul, you are a trustworthy person" never came out of Jesus' mouth; Jesus spoke Aramaic; he didn't know English).

liamconnor
Prodigy

Post #52

Post by liamconnor »

paarsurrey1 wrote: Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he, please?
Regards
As much as people may applaud your signature courtesies of, "please" and "regards", perhaps a bit more substance would help readers understand where you are coming from.

Do you have a specific verse in mind? Or was there a prior conversation which prompted this question that you could cut and paste (if from this site) or quote (if from a reading or conversation elsewhere)?

The tone communicated by your posts suggests a person who is not here to debate, but rather of a young novice who knows nothing about religion or the bible or logic and has just reached that age when Philosophy starts to bloom: i.e., the age of questions.

It is a great age, don't get me wrong. But it would be helpful if you announced that that is your current stage of philosophical inquiry.

(oh, and of course the words "Paul, you are a trustworthy person" never came out of Jesus' mouth; Jesus spoke Aramaic; he didn't know English).

FWI
Sage

Post #53

Post by FWI »

[Replying to post 1 by paarsurrey1]

Yes, I can agree with you that the Christ "did not" (initially) declare Paul as being a trustworthy person. The first hint of this would be the statement: Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? Even, Ananias and some others seemed to suggest that Saul couldn't be trusted. But, this attitude changed. The Christ was well aware that anyone who did not have "the power of God" upon them could not be considered trustworthy. Yet, the Christ seemed to have instructed Ananias to visit Saul, who was praying that he would receive his sight back. However, there was a bonus for Saul! Not only did he receive his sight back, but he also received the power of God upon himself. Since, Saul was now being guided by the power of God, he became trustworthy to the Christ and the others.