Satan asks God for forgiveness, now what?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Willum
Savant

Post #1

Post by Willum »

So we have moved beyond rationalizations that Satan can't do that, he has free-will, and is supposedly smarter than you.

So Satan asks God for forgiveness.
What happens?

Does all that prophesy go away?
Are those people in Hell forgiven?
Would Satan be forgiven?

So many questions.

Willum
Savant

Re: Satan asks God for forgiveness, now what?

Post #41

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 40 by Justin108]

1. So?
God, an omnipotent being, does not need to have sex in order to produce offspring. God, an omnipotent spiritual being, does not need genes to produce offspring.
So, propose an omnipotent mechanism of reproduction.
Divine turkey baster?
Abiogenisis?

It may be one thing to propose a miracle birth, but it had to get started somehow, and no mechanism I see puts Jesus in line with Biblical requirements for a saviour.

Willum
Savant

Post #42

Post by Willum »

So we have moved beyond rationalizations that Satan can't do that, he has free-will, and is supposedly smarter than you.

So Satan asks God for forgiveness.
What happens?

Does all that prophesy go away?
Are those people in Hell forgiven?
Would Satan be forgiven?

So many questions.

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #43

Post by Justin108 »

So you bringing up the Davidic line is a Red Herring because you've realized that your argument that God had sex with Mary is falling flat. If your point from the beginning was that Jesus is not part of the Davidic line, you could have started with "Jesus is not part of the Davidic line"
Willum wrote: So, propose an omnipotent mechanism of reproduction.
Divine turkey baster?
Abiogenisis?

It may be one thing to propose a miracle birth, but it had to get started somehow, and no mechanism I see puts Jesus in line with Biblical requirements for a saviour.
The exact method would be speculation, but as we're dealing with God, a simple "he willed it" would be enough. God wanted Mary pregnant, then suddenly she was pregnant. "Magic" for lack of a better word.

Willum
Savant

Post #44

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 43 by Justin108]

So, sex as I understand it, is that act of reproduction.
Just what is falling flat here?

God, according to the Bible must've had some kind of sex with Mary. You don't need a phallus to have sex, if that is what you are having trouble wrapping your head around.
When bacteria have "sex" they modify each other's mitosis via protein exchange.
When slugs have sex they get each other pregnant with membranes.
Many creatures spray.
Lots of them have their eggs float free and their sperm float free.

When God's have sex with humans, particularly omnipotent Gods have sex, or reproduce with humans... you completely fail to demonstrate anything but an obsession with a tangent on a OP whose topic is:

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #45

Post by Justin108 »

Justin108 wrote: Moderator removed one-line, non-contributing post. Kindly refrain from making posts that contribute nothing to debate and/or simply express agreement / disagreement or make other frivolous remarks.

For complimenting or agreeing use the "Like" function or the MGP button. For anything else use PM.
What exactly was my one liner?

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #46

Post by Justin108 »

Willum wrote: So, sex as I understand it, is that act of reproduction.
Ok according to this definition
- If you have sex with a woman while wearing a condom and she does not fall pregnant... then you have just... reproduced
- If a woman artificially inseminates herself with sperm from an anonymous sperm donor, she just had sex with this man
- If a man donates sperm that is later used in artificial insemination resulting in pregnancy, then this mad had sex

Are you going to stick to this definition or would you like to make a few adjustments?
Willum wrote:God, according to the Bible must've had some kind of sex with Mary.
Please quote the verse stating that God must've had some kind of sex with Mary
Willum wrote: You don't need a phallus to have sex, if that is what you are having trouble wrapping your head around
You don't need to have sex in order to reproduce, if that is what you are having trouble wrapping your head around. If I masturbate and donate my sperm, I did not have sex. If a woman artificially inseminates herself with donor sperm, she did not have sex. You are so hellbent on twisting the narrative to God having sex with Mary that you are actively changing the definition of sex to your own liking.

Willum
Savant

Post #47

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 46 by Justin108]

OK, Justin, this conversation is just getting weird and "false dichotomous," and making me uncomfortable. For example, not every act of reproduction is successful, even sans prophylactics. Also, for example, when people act like fish - anonymous donors, it IS still sex.

You want to zig-zag around definitions, with whatever point you are trying to make, open another OP. Or tell me the point I need to make, and I will close it out to your satisfaction -if you can keep it on the uncreepy side.
Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30So the angel told her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31Behold, you will conceive and give birth to a son, and you shall give Him the name Jesus.…
I wouldn't expect the Bible to give you the adult version. But how do you conceive without sex?

So, the topic, which you are avoiding, is:

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #48

Post by Bust Nak »

[Replying to post 45 by Justin108]

Moderator Comment

Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #49

Post by Justin108 »

Willum wrote: OK, Justin, this conversation is just getting weird and "false dichotomous," and making me uncomfortable.
As far as excuses go to get out of debates you can't win.
Willum wrote: For example, not every act of reproduction is successful
Especially when the person is not trying to reproduce. Is anal sex also "reproduction" according to your definition?
Willum wrote: Also, for example, when people act like fish - anonymous donors, it IS still sex.
You are literally the only one who would define masturbating as "sex". The fact that you go this far to force the definition just for the sake of being able to make the claim that "God had sex with Mary" is very desperate.

If we hold to your definition, then
- masturbating is sex
- women who get artificially inseminated because their husbands are sterile are having sex with other men

If masturbating is sex, does that mean that virtually everyone lost their virginity at 12?
Willum wrote:You want to zig-zag around definitions, with whatever point you are trying to make, open another OP.
Actually you already made an OP on God "seducing" Mary. This is why this frustrates me. We already had this discussion. I already debunked your claim that God had sex with Mary, yet here you are - spewing the same bs, demonstrating that any and all debate is utterly pointless because whatever conclusion we reach will just be dismissed as though the discussion never happened.
Willum wrote:
Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30So the angel told her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31Behold, you will conceive and give birth to a son, and you shall give Him the name Jesus.…
I wouldn't expect the Bible to give you the adult version.
Oh you wouldn't?

Ezekiel 23:20
There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

Regardless of what you would expect, the Bible did not claim that God had sex with Mary. Filling in any blanks you may perceive as you see fit is a fallacy.
Willum wrote: But how do you conceive without sex?
By being omnipotent...

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #50

Post by Justin108 »

ttruscott wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Willum wrote:When God seduced Mary, they had a child, so too is our blood the same.
Are you suggesting that God had sex with Mary? And because God's blood (apparently God has blood) is the same as Mary's, this resulted in them having a child together?
What a great leap of faith - this hasn't been said or implied anywhere that I can see.
I see my comment was removed for some unknown reason, so I'll just repeat myself.

Ted, you're describing your entire theology.

If this is too much of a "one-liner". Ted, what you have thus said is rather inconsistent, hypocritical, and at odds with the fact that your own religion is also a great leap of faith involving beliefs about scripture that has neither been said nor implied anywhere in holy Christian doctrine, such as the notion that all life has existed since before the earth was created in a place where we all rejected God, thereby becoming sinners and being sent to earth as some sort of prison sentence. This is not found or implied anywhere in scripture and requires a great leap of faith. Ergo, Ted you're describing your entire theology.