Savant

Which is it?

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

Matthew 15.24
He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."
or

Matthew 28.19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
What was Jesus mission, his intended audience?

How does one reconcile the two seemingly contradictory statements?

Is the "Risen Christ" on the same page as the pre-Easter, "historical Jesus"?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Provoker
Scholar

Re: Which is it?

Post #61

Post by Provoker »

Monta wrote: Admire your passion and dedication but it seems your religious faith has been undermined by what appears to be Christian Zionism as it is all politically based.
Jesus never based his teaching on Genesis or 'that great everlasting...'

He did say 'behold i make everything new'. He also said that His Kingdom is not of this world and never said that one day it will be.
Hi Monta:
I'm happy that you admire something about me:-)
Did you ever wonder why Jesus preached the gospel of the coming kingdom to backslidden Jews? Can you see that it is the same as the gospel of the coming great nation which God preached first to Abraham? Israel became a kingdom, and God promised David that his kingdom will be established forever. Even though Israel fell without achieving everlasting life, God's promise remains everlasting. The first century Jews were backslidden from the gospel of the coming kingdom/great nation.
Also, while "world" can be used to mean "the earth", it more accurately refers to a time and place defined by the context in which it is used. In His everlasting gospel promise, God defined the place where the kingdom will be resurrected, but no one knows the time. When Jesus realized that he was not going to be able to resurrect the kingdom, he said the kingdom is not for this time.
Now consider that a strategist like Constantine, wanted to put an end, once and for all, to the threat posed by a group of Christians which was committed to the resurrection of David's kingdom on Roman land. Would it not be logical for Constantine to take over the apostolic assembly and remove the threatening doctrine?
Remember that Paul got the gospel from Jesus, and he said it was the gospel which God preached first to Abraham saying; In thee shall all nations be blessed.
A great nation of Abraham's children will bless all the families of all the nations on the earth. That is the gospel which God, Abraham, Jesus, and Paul, all preached. Do you know any church which preaches it?

Monta
Guru

Post #62

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 60 by Provoker]

"Remember that Paul got the gospel from Jesus, and he said it was the gospel which God preached first to Abraham saying; In thee shall all nations be blessed.
A great nation of Abraham's children will bless all the families of all the nations on the earth. That is the gospel which God, Abraham, Jesus, and Paul, all preached. Do you know any church which preaches it?"

'In thee shall all the nations be blessed' this is a prophecy re Abraham who inwardly perceived the existence of God.
Who/what is this great nation of Abraham's children who will bless all families of other nations? It can't be Israel as you insinuated for Jesus said He can easily make Abrham's children out of stones.

Provoker
Scholar

Post #63

Post by Provoker »

Monta wrote: Who/what is this great nation of Abraham's children who will bless all families of other nations? It can't be Israel as you insinuated for Jesus said He can easily make Abrham's children out of stones.
Hi Monta:
You have answered your own question. Those in the great everlasting nation which will bless all nations, will be Abraham's "spiritual" children, by virtue of having the faith of Abraham. Abraham was the first to hear, believe, and be justified by faith in God's gospel, so he is called the "father" of all after him who share his faith.
Those who identify themselves as Jews today, assume that their ethnicity and/or genealogy, makes them the "Abraham's children" of God's gospel promise, and therefore "Israel". However, Abraham's "spiritual" children are simply those who are faithful to the God of Abraham, because they believe God's everlasting gospel promise, that a great everlasting nation of Abraham's "spiritual" children, will bless all the families, of all the nations on the earth, with peace on earth.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #64

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Monta wrote: [Replying to post 60 by Provoker]

"Remember that Paul got the gospel from Jesus, and he said it was the gospel which God preached first to Abraham saying; In thee shall all nations be blessed.
A great nation of Abraham's children will bless all the families of all the nations on the earth. That is the gospel which God, Abraham, Jesus, and Paul, all preached. Do you know any church which preaches it?"

'In thee shall all the nations be blessed' this is a prophecy re Abraham who inwardly perceived the existence of God.
Who/what is this great nation of Abraham's children who will bless all families of other nations? It can't be Israel as you insinuated for Jesus said He can easily make Abrham's children out of stones.
Remember that Paul got the gospel from Jesus
Sorry, it is a wrong expression. Paul never met Jesus personally, so he got no Gospel from Jesus. Right, please?
It is either Paul's fabrication or of the Church.

Regards

Provoker
Scholar

Post #65

Post by Provoker »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
Remember that Paul got the gospel from Jesus
Sorry, it is a wrong expression. Paul never met Jesus personally, so he got no Gospel from Jesus. Right, please?
It is either Paul's fabrication or of the Church.

Regards
Hi paarsurrey1:
With all due respect parrsurrey1, you cannot understand this because the priesthood has kept you from understanding God's gospel promise, and the continuous logical story which flows through the bible from God's revelation of the gospel. Because Constantine removed God's gospel from church doctrines, he made the bible story illogical. Rome had to preach it's gospel as a mystery because scripture made no sense without God's gospel promise. However, if you read and believe God's everlasting gospel promise, you will be justified by faith just as Abraham was. It is the only faith found in the bible, by which anyone was ever justified by faith. You will then have the contextual understanding needed to see the logical secular, bible story. A religious person would say this understanding came by the holy spirit, and I guess it does. However, one gets that spirit from reading and believing God's gospel promise.
In the context of God's everlasting gospel promise; while Paul was killing and imprisoning Christians for the high priest and Rome, he probably heard Jesus' gospel many times. One day, on the road to Damascus, Paul suddenly compared Jesus' gospel to his own Pharisaic teaching, and realized that Jesus' gospel was Pharisee doctrine. Paul repented and became an apostle for Jesus.
You see, the Pharisees were originally the faithful Jews who opposed the high priest and the Sadducees. However, in Jesus, and Paul's day the Pharisees had become hippocrits. They taught the gospel of the coming kingdom, as they had been taught, but they did it ritually and without zeal. The Jews learned it the same way; ritually and without zeal. Jesus told the Jews to do what the Pharisees said(believe their teaching), but don't do as they do because they are hippocrits.
There is a lot of talk among churchmen these days, about Paul fabricating a false religion. However, I finally discovered God's everlasting gospel promise, and the continuous logical story running through the bible from it. Then I realized that Jesus and Paul were both on exactly the same page, and Paul may have actually understood God's gospel better than Jesus.
Jesus preached the gospel within Jewish culture, which was probably quite hard. You see, there is nothing wrong with laws and rituals, but Jesus had to convince the Jews that laws and rituals were not part of the faith of Abraham. On the other hand, Paul preached exactly the same gospel to gentiles, but he purposely did not teach the gentiles any Jewish religious practices because they had nothing to do with the gospel/faith of Abraham. James, and his Jerusalem apostles were zealous for the law, so they did not understand the faith of Abraham. They insisted that works of the law, and rituals, must accompany the faith in the gentiles. Paul was very angry with them, and said they were only somewhat in the church, and anyone who preached a different gospel than the Abrahamic gospel, should be cursed. It was Paul who said that practices do not make one a Jew. One is a Jew because he has a circumcised heart. That means a heartfelt faith in God's everlasting gospel promise, because circumcision of the flesh was a covenant between God and Abraham, because Abraham believed God's gospel.
The Jews of first century Judea were backslidden, but still practiced circumcision of the flesh, so it no longer meant they believed. It is what is in one's heart that counts, not his practices.
Do you see the story yet?

Monta
Guru

Post #66

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 64 by Provoker]

"Then I realized that Jesus and Paul were both on exactly the same page, and Paul may have actually understood God's gospel better than Jesus. "

Not knowing what religion you are it is hard to understand your thinking.

Jesus IS the Gospel. He is the Way the Truth and the Life.
Paul is brilliant (spiritually) but he is only a servant of Jesus Christ.

Without Him you'd still be stoning women for prostitution among many other things.

Provoker
Scholar

Post #67

Post by Provoker »

Monta wrote:
Not knowing what religion you are it is hard to understand your thinking.

Jesus IS the Gospel. He is the Way the Truth and the Life.
Paul is brilliant (spiritually) but he is only a servant of Jesus Christ.

Without Him you'd still be stoning women for prostitution among many other things.
Hello Monta:
I have no religion. The faith of Abraham is not a religion.
I have read the bible, recognized the continuous logical story which flows through the bible, and formed logical opinions based on that story.
Churchmen believe the doctrines of their denominations, and there are thousands of doctrinally disagreeing denominations. Surely this is not evidence that churchmen know how to interpret scripture properly.
The only thing which ties all the denominations together, is the Nicene Creed, which is a universal set of doctrines established by democratic vote between leaders of all the doctrinally disagreeing churches of the empire. The creed became the basis of a new universal state church, which all the churches of the Roman Empire were forced to join. IOW, the post-Nicene church is the result of the forced ecumenical union of doctrinally disagreeing churches.
Constantine was a worshipper of Sol Invictus, the sun god. So why would Constantine convert to Christianity, and then turn right around and change the very doctrines which convinced him to become a Christian?
We have to look for some reason why Constantine would do such a thing, and all we have to do is read God's everlasting gospel promise to Abraham, which is clearly the gospel preached by Jesus and Paul, and Constantine's reasoning becomes clear.
In God's everlasting gospel promise, He defined a piece of land which a great nation of believers will have everlasting possession of: all the land between the Euphrates and the river of Egypt. Since the fall of covenant Israel(David's kingdom), those who remained faithful to God's gospel promise, were committed to the resurrection of David's kingdom, so that it can fulfill God's everlasting promise. They began to watch and wait for the anointed one(messiah/christ) who will lead them to the resurrection, be given the resurrected kingdom of David, and bring peace on earth, good will toward men.
In Jesus' day, and in Constantine's day, Rome was in possession of the land defined in God's gospel promise. The assembly of Jesus' followers was driven underground by Rome, in 70AD, and for the next 250 years the underground church was plotting to conquer the land of God's promise, and resurrect David's kingdom.
Jesus had been killed, by Rome, because he was preaching the gospel of the coming resurrection of David's kingdom, which was clearly a threat to the national security of the Roman Empire. When Constantine became sole ruler of the Roman Empire, he became aware that there was an underground assembly which was committed to resurrecting David's kingdom on Roman Empire land.
IMO, Constantine strategically pretended to agree with the underground apostolic church. He brought the apostolic church into the open, and then called an ecumenical council to unite the apostolic church with the church of Sol Invictus, as will as all the other churches in the empire.
The thing that I find significant about the doctrines of the post-Nicene church, is that God's everlasting gospel promise is conspicuous by it's absence from the universal church doctrines. God's everlasting gospel promise was no longer at threat to the national security of the Roman Empire, and the Roman priests kept churchmen from noticing God's everlasting gospel promise, even though Jesus and Paul clearly preached it.
Based on the context of God's gospel, the story of the bible can easily be followed in the history recorded in the bible. Moses tried to fulfill God's promise with the children of Israel, but after Moses died, they reverted to pagan religion. They had lived for 400 years in pagan Egypt, before Moses led them out. Aaron had built a golden calf for the children of Israel to worship while Moses was up on the mountain, so he was inclined toward paganism. After Moses died, Aaron established a pagan priesthood, and that is the religion we find running through the bible. The faith of Abraham runs through the bible as well, but since it has no laws, no rituals, no priests, and no sins, it does not get much press:-)
The gospel which Jesus preached is the gospel of the coming kingdom. Compare that to the gospel which God preached to Abraham: the gospel of the coming great nation. And remember that Paul said; God preached the gospel first to Abraham saying, in thee shall all nations be blessed.
Now do you understand my thinking?

Monta
Guru

Post #68

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 66 by Provoker]

"The gospel which Jesus preached is the gospel of the coming kingdom. Compare that to the gospel which God preached to Abraham: the gospel of the coming great nation. And remember that Paul said; God preached the gospel first to Abraham saying, in thee shall all nations be blessed.
Now do you understand my thinking."

I think I do you are are missing an important point.

Million Abrahams could not save the world from darkness in its soul.
Jesus the Christ descended and gave mankind a new beginning:
from law to love.
He alone had Words of Life by which man can regenerate and have a new life.

Provoker
Scholar

Post #69

Post by Provoker »

Monta wrote:
I think I do you are are missing an important point.

Million Abrahams could not save the world from darkness in its soul.
Jesus the Christ descended and gave mankind a new beginning:
from law to love.
He alone had Words of Life by which man can regenerate and have a new life.
Hi Monta:
I'm probably missing many important points...LOL
However, you may be missing an important point as well.
The point you think I am missing is church doctrine which is taught by men. The point I think you are missing is God's everlasting gospel promise. There are thousands of doctrinally disagreeing denominations, all based on the same bible, so
God's words, not church doctrine, must be the standard for understanding the bible. If God made an everlasting gospel promise to Abraham, and 2000 years later Jesus and Paul were still preaching that same everlasting gospel, then the standard has to be God's everlasting gospel promise, which begins with; a great nation.
Moses established a great nation.
God's everlasting gospel promise said that the great nation will be made up of Abraham's children.
Abraham's children are defined as believers in the gospel promise God made to Abraham.
God's everlasting gospel promise says that the great nation will have everlasting possession of a specific piece of land.
Moses' great nation conquered that specific piece of land, but the great nation fell, and the land was lost.
The first thing that should jump out at us at this point, is that Israel could not be, and therefore was not, the great everlasting nation defined by God in His everlasting gospel promise.
The religion of the priesthood only appeared in Israel after Moses' death, and after Israel's fall it simply carried on as if nothing had happened.
At what point do we begin to believe God? Do we simply ignore His everlasting gospel promise and carry on with the priest defined religion as if it was God's religion?
Priesthoods were always in charge of all pagan religions, and the priesthood defined religion only made it's appearance in Israel after the death of Moses. Aaron was the one who built the golden calf for the children of Israel to worship while Moses was up the mountain. Aaron established a priesthood, with himself as the high priest. We have to ask ourselves; Does this pass the smell test??? Can we believe the priesthood when it makes God, Abraham, Jesus, and Paul, all liars, and it turns the priesthood into God in the flesh?
Can you see my point now?

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #70

Post by ttruscott »

I contend that the nation from Abraham, the religious nation of Israel, and the Church, are all the same people culminating in the coming kingdom and the heavenly Marriage state.

The nation from Abraham, the religious nation of Israel and the Church were HIS sinful elect, the sinful good seed, who became sinful by their rebellion to the necessity of the judgement against the non-elect. They had to be taught that if left alone, evil would always overpower them; if left to harden as in "a little leaven leavens the whole lump!" evil always seduces the sinful elect and keeps them in sin. By allowing the various congregations of the faithful to experience this in their lives and to give their witness to the inevitability of corruption, the last sinful holdout to their redemption will repent, the last sinful good seed will turn to righteousness and accept the absolute necessity of of the judgement and become holy.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.