Biblical LIteralists

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Petrameansrock
Student

Biblical LIteralists

Post #1

Post by Petrameansrock »

I am a Biblical Literalist and I would love to hear from people who are as well. I would also like to hear from people who aren't. Do you think it is a tenable position? Do you believe you can still be a Christian without being a Biblical literalist?

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: Biblical LIteralists

Post #41

Post by JP Cusick »

Divine Insight wrote: This is all interesting. Leaves us to wonder who was right. Paul or Jesus?
I say that most people just confuse the point that there are two (2) kinds of salvation.

1) There is the one physical salvation from the evils of this world here and now in this life.

2) Then there is the second kind of salvation after death into the Kingdom of God.

Jesus primarily preached the 1st kind of salvation in this world - which is the hardest and most demanding kind.

Paul preached the second kind of salvation after death - which is the much easier kind.

As such most people fail at what Jesus instructed, while every person passes the 2nd kind after death.

Most (if not all) people fail in this lifetime - but every person gets saved into the next life.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian: