Matthew 28:19

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Petrameansrock
Student

Matthew 28:19

Post #1

Post by Petrameansrock »

So this scripture is the reason almost every major denomination baptizes in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This is also a major argument for the Trinity. But as we have seen in the past with 1 John, there are instances where scripture has been touched by man to promote Trinitarian doctrine. My question is do you think this scripture is valid or invalid? I know we have a lot of people who aren't Trinitarians on here, so that's why I ask.
Acts 2:38 - Repent, and be Baptized in the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST for the forgiveness of your sins, and you WILL RECEIVE the gift of the Holy Spirit.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Matthew 28:19

Post #81

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 78 by myth-one.com]
myth-one.com wrote:Likewise, the four sequential words "The Church will succeed" are not found anywhere in the Bible.
Yes, that is true. Which is why I have never made that statement or suggested it is in the bible. I have simply stated that Jesus commanded Christians to preach gospel worldwide and explained the verifiable fact that Jehovah's Witness are preaching the gospel worldwide (ie we have (or have had) an active presence preaching the gospel in every nation on planet earth) ; this is not an opinion this is a verfiable fact.

Have I said anything wrong? Are we doing anything wrong? Have I said anything with which you cannot agree?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #82

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 78 by myth-one.com]
myth-one.com wrote:Likewise, the four sequential words "The Church will succeed" are not found anywhere in the Bible.
Yes, that is true. Which is why I have never made that statement or suggested it is in the bible. I have simply stated that Jesus commanded Christians to preach gospel worldwide and explained the verifiable fact that Jehovah's Witness are preaching the gospel worldwide (ie we have (or have had) an active presence preaching the gospel in every nation on planet earth) ; this is not an opinion this is a verfiable fact.

Have I said anything wrong? Are we doing anything wrong? Have I said anything with which you cannot agree?
So there should not be one person on the earth who has not been preached the good news of the scriptures by the Jehovah Witnesses.

And the Great Commission has been accomplished completely.

So what do you do now?

Shut down?

Await God's next assignment for the Church?

====================================================================

Anyways, the Bible still says when that commission will be completed.

When do you think the Jehovah Witnesses finished their assignment? That is, when was the date on which everyone on earth knew about the gospel of Jesus Christ?

====================================================================

Also, the Bible is sealed from mankind's understanding:
Isaiah 29:11-12 wrote:And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:

And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
Daniel 12:4 wrote:But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. (Daniel 12:4)
Isaiah 29:18 wrote:And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.
How did the Jehovah Witnesses unseal the scriptures from their understanding -- so that they could preach the gospel?

How can one teach what they do not know?

There is an actual procedure that works.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #83

[Replying to post 81 by myth-one.com]

Did I say the work has been completed? Did I say every individual has been spoken to? Have I said that I believe that every individual WILL be contacted?

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #84

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 81 by myth-one.com]

Did I say the work has been completed? Did I say every individual has been spoken to? Have I said that I believe that every individual WILL be contacted?
What you said was the following:
JehovahsWitness wrote:I have simply stated that Jesus commanded Christians to preach gospel worldwide and explained the verifiable fact that Jehovah's Witness are preaching the gospel worldwide (ie we have (or have had) an active presence preaching the gospel in every nation on planet earth) ; this is not an opinion this is a verfiable fact.
And here is what Jesus said:
Matthew 28:19 wrote:Go ye therefore, and teach all nations . . .
Nation: a large aggregate of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory.

The nation of France (for example) consists of all French citizens.

=====================================================================

Also, the Bible is sealed from mankind's understanding:
Isaiah 29:11-12 wrote:And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:

And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
Daniel 12:4 wrote:But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. (Daniel 12:4)
Isaiah 29:18 wrote:And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.
How did the Jehovah Witnesses unseal the scriptures from their understanding -- so that they could preach the gospel?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #85

myth-one.com wrote:

JehovahsWitness wrote:I have simply stated that Jesus commanded Christians to preach gospel worldwide and explained the verifiable fact that Jehovah's Witness are preaching the gospel worldwide (ie we have (or have had) an active presence preaching the gospel in every nation on planet earth) ; this is not an opinion this is a verfiable fact.

Yes, I know what I said, do YOU know the answer to my questions?

Did I say the work has been completed?
Did I say every individual has been spoken to?
Have I said that I believe that every individual WILL be contacted?

JW

There is no shame is saying if you don't understand the questions.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #86

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
myth-one.com wrote:

Yes, I know what I said, do YOU know the answer to my questions?

JW

There is no shame is saying if you don't understand the questions.
You said Jehovah's Witness are preaching the gospel worldwide and have been active in every nation.

But why can't you keep up with what you say?

Since the scriptures are sealed from mankind's understanding, how do the Jehovah Witnesses (or anyone else) know they are preaching the true gospel message?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #87

[Replying to post 85 by myth-one.com]

That is correct. Now, do you feel inclined to answer any of the questions below?
JehovahsWitness wrote:

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #88

Post by brianbbs67 »

I don;t know either of you. Lets just deal with the facts at hand.

The end isn't here yet. i know you JW's think it started in 1914. But, that is a fallacy, as even the heavenly host knows that not.

Yehoshau/Jesus/insert name here is coming back, but he is not the archangel Mikael.

No one knows what Christ truly said. There was much revision and misleading(asChrist said) that it all has to be taken with a grain of salt. The more I learn, the more I realize how faith based our religion is. It truly is mystery. Some of it, I believe , is mystery Babylon.

Does that mean I throw it out? No, i learn and try to gain knowledge. that can come from any source. God uses people who accept Him to help us. Paraphrase.,"make your body so that God can inhabit it"

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #89

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote:Did I say the work has been completed?

Probably not.

And that's correct because mankind will never fulfill the Great Commission.
JehovahsWitness wrote:Did I say every individual has been spoken to?
Probably not.

And that's the correct answer because mankind will never fulfill the Great Commission.
JehovahsWitness wrote:Have I said that I believe that every individual WILL be contacted?
Probably not.

And that's the correct answer because mankind will never fulfill the Great Commission.

=====================================================================

Mankind needs two items to facilitate his fulfilling of the Great Commission:

1) He must actually know the good news.

2) And He must have the means of distributing the good news.

We have radio, the Internet, books, and missionaries -- so item 2 should not be a problem.

Item 1 remains the problem.

Mankind does not know the good news because the good news is in the scriptures, which have been sealed from mankind's understanding:

The scriptures will be unsealed at the end of time when knowledge is increased.

At that time, an angel will fulfill the Great Commission:
And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people. (Revelation 14:6)

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #90

myth-one.com wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:Did I say the work has been completed?

Probably not.
The correct answer would be "No you did not". Same for the other questions.

Was there anything else you wanted to say?

JW