Matthew 28:19

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Petrameansrock
Student

Matthew 28:19

Post #1

Post by Petrameansrock »

So this scripture is the reason almost every major denomination baptizes in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This is also a major argument for the Trinity. But as we have seen in the past with 1 John, there are instances where scripture has been touched by man to promote Trinitarian doctrine. My question is do you think this scripture is valid or invalid? I know we have a lot of people who aren't Trinitarians on here, so that's why I ask.
Acts 2:38 - Repent, and be Baptized in the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST for the forgiveness of your sins, and you WILL RECEIVE the gift of the Holy Spirit.

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: Matthew 28:19

Post #91

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
myth-one.com wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:Did I say the work has been completed?

Probably not.
The correct answer would be "No you did not". Same for the other questions.

Was there anything else you wanted to say?

JW
If you know the answers, why do you ask the questions?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #92

Post by JehovahsWitness »

myth-one.com wrote: If you know the answers, why do you ask the questions?
I wanted to hear what you had to say. Was there anything else you wanted to add?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #93

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
I wanted to hear what you had to say. Was there anything else you wanted to add?
How did the Jehovah Witnesses unseal the scriptures from their understanding -- so that they could preach the gospel?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #94

myth-one.com wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:
How did the Jehovah Witnesses unseal the scriptures from their understanding -- so that they could preach the gospel?

I don't know what you mean by "unseal scriptures" ?

Can you explain what that means?

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #95

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
myth-one.com wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:

I don't know what you mean by "unseal scriptures" ?

Can you explain what that means?
Sure.

The Bible is sealed until the time of the end:
Daniel 12:4 wrote:But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. (Daniel 12:4)

"Sealed" means that no man can understand it:
Isaiah 29:11-12 wrote:And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
It will be unsealed so that man can understand it at the end of time:
Isaiah 29:18 wrote:And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.
The end of time is also when the angel sent from Heaven will spread the unsealed gospel to all the nations:
Revelation 14:6 wrote:And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #96

[Replying to post 94 by myth-one.com]

Okay so how is the "time of the end" identified? Is it the same as Christ presence (parousia), "great tribulation", "Armageddon", the "last days"? "The Lord's day", "Judgement day"? If there is any distinction to be made between these terms could you explaini them so I can see biblically you are refering to .

And do you take Isaiah 29:11-12 literally or figuratively?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #97

myth-one.com wrote:"Sealed" means that no man can understand it
So are you suggesting that not a single line in the 66 books of the entire bible canon has ever been understood by any of God's human worshippers that have ever existed on earth throughout the thousands of years holy scriptures have existed?

If not, what specifically in the bible has been sealed?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #98

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
myth-one.com wrote:"Sealed" means that no man can understand it
So are you suggesting that not a single line in the 66 books of the entire bible canon has ever been understood by any of God's human worshippers that have ever existed on earth throughout the thousands of years holy scriptures have existed?

Here are the verses -- you read them:
Daniel 12:4 wrote:But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. (Daniel 12:4)
Isaiah 29:11-12 wrote:And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
Isaiah 29:18 wrote:And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.
Revelation 14:6 wrote:And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #99

[Replying to post 97 by myth-one.com]

Thanks I read them. So what do you think those verses are saying?
JehovahsWitness wrote:
So are you suggesting we conclude that not a single line in the 66 books of the entire bible canon has ever been understood by any of God's human worshippers that have ever existed on earth throughout the thousands of years holy scriptures have existed?

There are only 66 books feel free to say: "Nothing in any of the 66 books can be understood because they are all "sealed"" ... if that is your understanding.

You ask me if I believe scripture is "sealed" at "the time of the end"? I am simply asking for clarification for what you mean by

"scripture": Do you mean very line in all 66 books?

"sealed": you explained you that means ununderstandable by any human.

"time of the end": You haven't explained what you are refering to so I can't answer.

JW

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #100

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote:There are only 66 books feel free to say: "Nothing in any of the 66 books can be understood because they are all "sealed"" ... if that is your understanding.

The scriptures were inspired by God. Therefore, they contained no errors.
JehovahsWitness wrote:You ask me if I believe scripture is "sealed" at "the time of the end"? I am simply asking for clarification for what you mean by "scripture": Do you mean very line in all 66 books?
The original scriptures as inspired by God.

Our Bibles are translations of the original scriptures -- and may contain errors.
JehovahsWitness wrote:"sealed": you explained that means ununderstandable by any human.
Correct -- the gospel message of salvation specifically, is what is sealed from our understanding.

Mankind fears death.

The Bible defines how mortal man may gain salvation from death.

This is the "good news" which believers are commanded to spread throughout the world. It's the good news of salvation from the second death.

The scriptures define the eventual fate of mankind, and how one can be saved from that event.

Here it is in a single verse:
John 3:16 wrote:For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
The most common false good news spread by most Christians is as follows:

Mankind is born with an immortal soul living within a physical body. At the resurrection, the soul will be reunited with an incorruptible physical body which will live eternally in heavenly bliss or everlasting torture in hellfire.

This is not the good news of the scriptures. It is why the Church will never succeed in fulfilling the Great Commission. One cannot preach what is sealed from their understanding.
JehovahsWitness wrote:"time of the end": You haven't explained what you are refering to so I can't answer.
That is the time around the second coming, resurrections, millennium, judgment, and second death.

It will be the end of the age of man -- God's rule will return to the earth.