Can we hypothosize a scenario where pigs can fly?

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Could you imagine such a scenario and discuss it?

Yes, if I wanted to
75%
No
25%
Maybe
No votes

Total votes: 4

OnceConvinced
Savant

Can we hypothosize a scenario where pigs can fly?

Post #1

Post by OnceConvinced »

In another thread, a theist insisted that it is impossible to hypothesize an impossible scenario even though writers (even religious writers) have been doing it for centuries:
Can we hypothesize that one day pigs may fly with wings sprouting from their sides? Absolutely not because it is impossible for that to happen.
I would like to propose a scenario where some genetically engineered pigs are bred that grow wings and fly.

I now ask the following questions

What are the hazards of flying pigs and how would we deal with those hazards?
What laws might we have to put in place to govern the managing and breeding of flying pigs?
Would it be ok for people to have a pet flying pig? Would it be ok to have them in cities or near airports?
Last edited by OnceConvinced on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Rufus21
Scholar

Re: Can we hypothosize a scenario where pigs can fly?

Post #2

Post by Rufus21 »

...it is impossible to hypothesize an impossible scenario
"Dear Penthouse..."

Q.E.D.
Last edited by Rufus21 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #3

Post by Bust Nak »

If one define impossible as logically impossible, i.e. necessrily false, as opposed to physically impossible, then the theist is correct on one point, it is impossible to hypothesize an impossible scenario, the problem is with the example: flying pigs are not impossible.

Wootah
Savant

Post #4

Post by Wootah »

What movie number is sharknado up to?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."