Is Jesus the "Truth"

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Is Jesus the "Truth"

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

When questioned by Pilate, Jesus told him that bearing witness to the Truth was the reason he was born. (John 18.37)

When Pilate asked Jesus "What is truth"? Jesus made no reply.

For debate, why do you suppose that Jesus did not answer with John 14.6 where he says that he himself is the "way, the TRUTH" and the life".?

If indeed Jesus ever actually uttered the words recorded in John 14.6, that is.

Also, Is Jesus "the Truth"? (what does that even mean?)

Or was he born to "bear witness to the truth". If so, does he bear witness to himself?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

psychoslice
Student

Post #11

Post by psychoslice »

brianbbs67 wrote:
psychoslice wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote: Haven't any of you seen something that defies the "laws of nature"? Especially, Physics? Our reality is not as real as it appears. If God made it, couldn't he manipulate it as well? Reading the Bible, He likes to use the Earth against itself. And does.
Could you please give me an example of some you have seen that defies the law of nature.
The most common is the weather. Storms and weather do things that defy logic and science. We can generally predict it. But , never accurately. The word Anomaly was created to cover things that make no sense.
No, that's not a miracle at all, many things can make the weather what it is, especially sun. The Sun is the source of most of the energy that drives the biological and physical processes in the world around us—in oceans and on land it fuels plant growth that forms the base of the food chain, and in the atmosphere it warms air which drives our weather. So no, its nothing to do with a miracle, its science.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: Is Jesus the "Truth"

Post #12

Post by ttruscott »

Elijah John wrote: When questioned by Pilate, Jesus told him that bearing witness to the Truth was the reason he was born. (John 18.37)

When Pilate asked Jesus "What is truth"? Jesus made no reply.

For debate, why do you suppose that Jesus did not answer with John 14.6 where he says that he himself is the "way, the TRUTH" and the life".?
The Truth is never offered to the Satanic who cannot repent - it is a colossal waste of time and teaches the wrong impression. People who do not know who is elect or doomed must answer everyone though, sigh.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

JP Cusick
Guru

> Is Jesus the "Truth"

Post #13

Post by JP Cusick »

psychoslice wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
psychoslice wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote: Haven't any of you seen something that defies the "laws of nature"? Especially, Physics? Our reality is not as real as it appears. If God made it, couldn't he manipulate it as well? Reading the Bible, He likes to use the Earth against itself. And does.
Could you please give me an example of some you have seen that defies the law of nature.
The most common is the weather. Storms and weather do things that defy logic and science. We can generally predict it. But , never accurately. The word Anomaly was created to cover things that make no sense.
No, that's not a miracle at all, many things can make the weather what it is, especially sun.
The person did not say it was to be a "miracle" and that interjects a word which diverts the point made, and that person "brianbbs67" made an excellent point indeed.

One of the dictionary Gods to define the word = Anomaly

I myself saw a strange sight on the Gulf of Mexico where on a calm pleasant day there were three (3) water spouts, LINK, and we could see that the "spout" was sucking up water and filling up the rain clouds which were moving fast inland, and as time progressed each of the 3 water spouts slowly moved upward and disappeared into the clouds which then moved inland and we on the Gulf had sunny skies again.

To call that as normal and natural is indeed true only when that includes an intelligence at work in the process.

See in the picture LINK, and my group did not have a camera so it is not my picture, so it shows the water spouts connected to the clouds filling the clouds with water, and yet the rain does not have salt in the rain as it is salty in the ocean waters - another anomaly - they suck up water for rain and yet some how remove the salt from the salt water.

And another "non-miracle" phenomenon is the entire planet earth spinning around at high speed in empty space being held perfectly by invisible powers - and again = to call that as normal and natural is indeed true only when that includes a normal and natural intelligence at work in the process.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

Peds nurse
Site Supporter

Re: Is Jesus the "Truth"

Post #14

Post by Peds nurse »

[Replying to post 1 by Elijah John]

Hey EJ!

Notice before hand, in vs. 36, Jesus says that His Kingdom is not of this world. He said, that if it were His servants would be there to justify Him. Suppose Jesus, who knew the outcome of events, knew it would matter very little at that point, to justify to a Roman that He was the way, the truth, and the light? He said He came to testify to the truth, and those who know the truth, listen to Him. What truth did He have that all men would listen to Him?

psychoslice
Student

Re: > Is Jesus the "Truth"

Post #15

Post by psychoslice »

JP Cusick wrote:
psychoslice wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
psychoslice wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
Haven't any of you seen something that defies the "laws of nature"? Especially, Physics? Our reality is not as real as it appears. If God made it, couldn't he manipulate it as well? Reading the Bible, He likes to use the Earth against itself. And does.

No, that's not a miracle at all, many things can make the weather what it is, especially sun.

The person did not say it was to be a "miracle" and that interjects a word which diverts the point made, and that person "brianbbs67" made an excellent point indeed.

I myself saw a strange sight on the Gulf of Mexico where on a calm pleasant day there were three (3) water spouts, LINK, and we could see that the "spout" was sucking up water and filling up the rain clouds which were moving fast inland, and as time progressed each of the 3 water spouts slowly moved upward and disappeared into the clouds which then moved inland and we on the Gulf had sunny skies again.

To call that as normal and natural is indeed true only when that includes an intelligence at work in the process.

See in the picture LINK, and my group did not have a camera so it is not my picture, so it shows the water spouts connected to the clouds filling the clouds with water, and yet the rain does not have salt in the rain as it is salty in the ocean waters - another anomaly - they suck up water for rain and yet some how remove the salt from the salt water.

And another "non-miracle" phenomenon is the entire planet earth spinning around at high speed in empty space being held perfectly by invisible powers - and again = to call that as normal and natural is indeed true only when that includes a normal and natural intelligence at work in the process.

But why do we have to think this intelligence is a god, the whole cosmos is one, all working together, it doesn't need a god.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #16

Post by brianbbs67 »

psychoslice wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:
psychoslice wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
psychoslice wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
Haven't any of you seen something that defies the "laws of nature"? Especially, Physics? Our reality is not as real as it appears. If God made it, couldn't he manipulate it as well? Reading the Bible, He likes to use the Earth against itself. And does.

But why do we have to think this intelligence is a god, the whole cosmos is one, all working together, it doesn't need a god.
I would say that, it is directed because it all works and always has. And no one knows for sure , why. Except it does. Ignorance didn't make this. Or we wouldn't arguing the point now.

psychoslice
Student

Post #17

Post by psychoslice »

brianbbs67 wrote:
psychoslice wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:
psychoslice wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
psychoslice wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:

I would say that, it is directed because it all works and always has. And no one knows for sure , why. Except it does. Ignorance didn't make this. Or we wouldn't arguing the point now.

What I cannot agree with when people believe a man in the sky is doing all the work, the label God to me is the cosmos in its entirety all working as one, again no god is needed.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #18

Post by brianbbs67 »

psychoslice wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
psychoslice wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:
psychoslice wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
psychoslice wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:

What I cannot agree with when people believe a man in the sky is doing all the work, the label God to me is the cosmos in its entirety all working as one, again no god is needed.
And that Cosmos working as One, Would be, Intelligent. Something has to make it work as one. As many times as I place ingredients for a recipe close together, they don't assemble themselves into a cake without my input. Do I know exactly what God is> NO, I just know He exists.

psychoslice
Student

Post #19

Post by psychoslice »

brianbbs67 wrote:
psychoslice wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
psychoslice wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:
psychoslice wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
psychoslice wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:

And that Cosmos working as One, Would be, Intelligent. Something has to make it work as one. As many times as I place ingredients for a recipe close together, they don't assemble themselves into a cake without my input. Do I know exactly what God is> NO, I just know He exists.
Yes but what do you mean by god, how do you imagine this god, and why call it he ?.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #20

Post by brianbbs67 »

[Replying to post 19 by psychoslice]

He is the creator of all things we know, see and don't see. I would describe Him as Patient, forgiving and tolerant. But, He seems to have His limits. I believe His basic message is, Love. The simplest view I have of the Bible and other writings is be good, do good, forgive others and try with all your might to be as righteous as He is described. Why do I assume male? That is the way He is depicted and seems to describe Himself. Wouldn't matter to me if He was neither or both.