Atheist Devin P. Kelley massacres 26 religious people?

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Atheist Devin P. Kelley massacres 26 religious people?

Post #1

Post by Aetixintro »

Here we are. 26 churchgoers are now dead due to a crazy guy who liked Atheism on Facebook. Thus Devin (Devil?) P. Kelley has been an Atheist?

How much of an Atheist is he there in the Bible belt of USA? Why did they delete his Facebook profile?

And Atheism does indeed deny commonplace ethics/morality. Find your own, they say!

From media, some words on his person: https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/texas ... er-n817806
"He was very sick in the head," Katy Landry, a former girlfriend of Devin Patrick Kelley, told NBC News.
Now! Here we have a perpetrator! Here we have an Atheist! What should we believe about Atheism? This is my question. :shock:
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

How about when Christians kill abortion doctors in the name of Christ.

Should we then proclaim that this represents all of Christianity? :-k

Keep in mind, atheism isn't a religion. It's just a lack of a belief in a God.

Clearly this Kelley guy was an abusive person in general. He had already abused his wife and child.

Trying to pin this on atheism in general is nothing short of utterly absurd.

Religious zealots have done far worse. Look up the story of Jim Jones. A Christian who killed his own followers!
(909 people killed. 304 of them children)

Jim Jones

Should we renounce all Christians because of Jim Jones?
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 2 by Divine Insight]

So, lack of belief in God entails hate against those who do believe in God because they are "lunatics" or "unscientific" entails moral relativism as so often with Atheism entails church massacre by a crazy Atheist?

Not that I say Atheism hates religious people in general, just that, for some people, Atheism is one way to express hate against believers in God. Yes? Is it credible to say that haters of religious people group among the Atheists.

If we look at religious people, they are not meant to spread hate as such and are not a very useful "vehicle" for hate against other people. This seems different with Atheism...

I speculate, I speculate... Always the "evil" religious terrorists, but never are we supposed to accuse Atheism of anything... :-k [-X
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

OnceConvinced
Savant

Re: Atheist Devin P. Kelley massacres 26 religious people?

Post #4

Post by OnceConvinced »

Aetixintro wrote: Here we are. 26 churchgoers are now dead due to a crazy guy who liked Atheism on Facebook. Thus Devin (Devil?) P. Kelley has been an Atheist?
Devin was not an atheist, he was a Christian and a bible study teacher:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world-video/n ... _id=184305
http://hollywoodlife.com/2017/11/05/who ... s-shooter/
Aetixintro wrote:
Now! Here we have a perpetrator! Here we have an Atheist! What should we believe about Atheism? This is my question. :shock:
Even if he were an atheist it most likely tells us nothing about atheism. One would need to find out what motivated the attack to determine anything about anything.

Note that the attacks were determined not to be religiously motivated at all. In fact it is believed he was mentally ill.

Now what should we believe about Christianity when a bible study teacher goes bonkers?
Last edited by OnceConvinced on Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #5

Post by OnceConvinced »

Aetixintro wrote: If we look at religious people, they are not meant to spread hate as such and are not a very useful "vehicle" for hate against other people.
Then why does the bible insist that all witches should be killed and that those who worship foreign gods should be killed (and many other people should be killed)?
Aetixintro wrote: This seems different with Atheism...
Atheism has no holy book nor any doctrines. There are no rules or expectations in atheism apart from disbelieving in gods.
Aetixintro wrote:
I speculate, I speculate... Always the "evil" religious terrorists, but never are we supposed to accuse Atheism of anything... :-k [-X
There is nothing to accuse atheism of. It is simply a disbelief in gods. What needs to be investigated is the motives behind acts of terrorism. Once you get down to motives, then you might be able to blame something. Are the acts done due to hate? If so hate of what and why? With this guy Devin it has been determined his attacks were not religiously motivated, so thus it would appear to have nothing to do with any hate of Christians or god. And the fact he was a bible studies teacher, it makes no sense to try to link it to atheism, even if he put a like of it on his facebook.

Just because he put a like on facebook about atheism doesn't mean he's an atheist.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #6

Post by Bust Nak »

Aetixintro wrote: Now! Here we have a perpetrator! Here we have an Atheist! What should we believe about Atheism? This is my question. :shock:
Mao and Stalin killed many more than and they were atheists. That meant nothing for atheism so why would Kelley be relevant?
Why did they delete his Facebook profile?
That's standard procedure for facebook, least they bring unwanted scrutiny on themselves.
So, lack of belief in God entails hate against those who do believe in God because they are "lunatics" or "unscientific" entails moral relativism as so often with Atheism entails church massacre by a crazy Atheist?
No, of course not. Where exactly are you getting that form?
Not that I say Atheism hates religious people in general, just that, for some people, Atheism is one way to express hate against believers in God. Yes?
No. Atheism is not an expression of anything. There is nothing you can do as an atheist. You simply are an atheists.
Is it credible to say that haters of religious people group among the Atheists.
I guess. There are hateful people in all groups.
If we look at religious people, they are not meant to spread hate as such and are not a very useful "vehicle" for hate against other people.
I don't know how you came to that impression. Religion is the one most common vehicle for spreading hate against other people. Look no further than issue surrounding same sex marriage, and that's before actual terrorism in the name of religion.
I speculate, I speculate... Always the "evil" religious terrorists, but never are we supposed to accuse Atheism of anything...
That's right. Never. And don't you forget it.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #7

Post by Divine Insight »

Aetixintro wrote: Now! Here we have a perpetrator! Here we have an Atheist! What should we believe about Atheism? This is my question. :shock:
Whoops!

Turns out he was a Christian Bible Study Teacher.

Looks like we'll need to ban Bible Study now. O:)

Just LOOK at what Bible Study does to people! :shock:
[center]Image
[/center]

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #8

Post by JP Cusick »

That guy was a murderer, he was a monster, and there is no sense to blame any other belief of his.

He was angry at his mother-in-law and probably expected her to be at the Church - so it was not her fault either.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

bluethread
Savant

Post #9

Post by bluethread »

OnceConvinced wrote:

Now what should we believe about Christianity when a bible study teacher goes bonkers?
If your argument is consistent, nothing. We do not have enough information.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #10

Post by Divine Insight »

bluethread wrote:
OnceConvinced wrote:

If your argument is consistent, nothing. We do not have enough information.
We have Jim Jones?

He was a Bible Study Teacher too.

Maybe there's a trend here? 8-)

Edited to rethink:

Actually this entire event was truly horrific. We shouldn't even be joking about this. Or trying to use it to accuse larger groups of people.

Clearly this guy was seriously deranged. His personal history verifies this. His attack on an entire church congregation just because he was ticked off at his mother-in-law only shows that this guy was seriously mentally ill.

It's a horrible shame that so many decent innocent people where killed, harmed, or had lost loved ones or friends.

It's just an extremely horrible tragedy. Using this person's insane behavior to put down any larger groups is nothing short of ignorant. We shouldn't even be joking about this. And most definitely not trying to use it to seriously imply that someone else might be like this guy just because of their chosen worldview or religion.
[center]Image
[/center]