Is hell like a rehab for treatment of sin addicts?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Quran gives a clue to it:

It is for a long time but not eternal as God is. There will come a time when all inhabitants of hell will be delivered from it:

[101:9] But as for him whose scales are light,
[101:10] Hell will be his nursing mother.
[101:11] And what should make thee know what that is?
[101:12] It is a burning Fire.
https://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/s ... 01&verse=9

Hell is like rehab where the addicts of sins will be treated when one gets cured one will come out of it. God's mercy will release one from it. Right, please?

Regards

marco
Savant

Re: Is hell like a rehab for treatment of sin addicts?

Post #61

Post by marco »

JP Cusick wrote:

Both the Qur'an and the Bible send fear into sinners, but when a person stops their sins then so too the fear goes away.
I see. The Quran sends fear into those who don't believe a word of it, people who may lead decent lives (though you probably see this as a contradiction.) The Quran threatens those who don't believe in Allah.

The OT does likewise with Yahweh but most folk today ignore the OT threats and concentrate on their modern lives or accept Jesus had a different approach. Unfortunately Muslims are still under the influence of the OT, thanks to Muhammad's confusion.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #62

Post by JP Cusick »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 58 by JP Cusick]
Jp I can't remember are you someone that believes that when a person's physical heart stops beating and his body decomposes, he continues alive in another form because he (the person, his personality and all consciouse thought) continues after that moment?
I understand that when a person dies then they are dead, and their thoughts stop and death means dead.

But we can know that there are Ghosts that linger after the person dies, and I do not know much about those Ghosts.

I do know that we can experience Demons and Angels and Spirits (and experience God) from the spirit world but those spirits and Demons do have thoughts and they can speak and think and they can do things which people experience, but the Ghosts are different as the Ghosts appear to be some kind of non-living spirit.

From my earliest days of studying the scriptures then I always knew that we must apply the knowledge of scripture to real life, and since Ghosts are real then this reality must be applied.

------------------------------------------------

marco wrote:
JP Cusick wrote: Both the Qur'an and the Bible send fear into sinners, but when a person stops their sins then so too the fear goes away.
I see. The Quran sends fear into those who don't believe a word of it, people who may lead decent lives (though you probably see this as a contradiction.) The Quran threatens those who don't believe in Allah.

The OT does likewise with Yahweh but most folk today ignore the OT threats and concentrate on their modern lives or accept Jesus had a different approach. Unfortunately Muslims are still under the influence of the OT, thanks to Muhammad's confusion.
I am happy that you note that contradiction, because yes = the so called "decent" life has nothing to do with living right or with being righteous.

The Holy Qur'an does not send any fear into me, as I find the Qur'an to give strength and inspiration and a better understanding of both humanity and of God (Allah).

Sinning itself is based on weakness, so the fears of a sinner is self contained and self generated.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #63

Post by JehovahsWitness »

JP Cusick wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 58 by JP Cusick]
Jp I can't remember are you someone that believes that when a person's physical heart stops beating and his body decomposes, he continues alive in another form because he (the person, his personality and all consciouse thought) continues after that moment?
I understand that when a person dies then they are dead, and their thoughts stop and death means dead.

So a person dies then they are dead, and their thoughts stop and death means dead.... except when it doesn't. Is that about right?

Is that like being "a tad" pregnant? Or 'slightly' dead?
JP Cusick wrote:Ghosts appear to be some kind of non-living spirit
er... wouldn't "non-living" be ... dead? As in not alive (not living) ? Or do you mean "non-living" as in "non living matter" like rocks, are ghosts a type of rock?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

marco
Savant

Post #64

Post by marco »

JP Cusick wrote:

I am happy that you note that contradiction, because yes = the so called "decent" life has nothing to do with living right or with being righteous.
Well I'm relieved I'm on the orthodox side of the definition. People who are decent and righteous appear to oppose Allah. That's useful to know. I don't disagree.
JP Cusick wrote:
The Holy Qur'an does not send any fear into me, as I find the Qur'an to give strength and inspiration and a better understanding of both humanity and of God (Allah)
That is perfectly consistent with the views you express. Muhammad's missive is not unlike Caesar's war commentaries, with its talk of punishment, though Caesar does show a human side.
JP Cusick wrote:
Sinning itself is based on weakness, so the fears of a sinner is self contained and self generated.
I suppose there is meaning in this sentence. I gather you've given up sinning, then, and become impeccable, as they tell me Christ was. Remarkable.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #65

Post by JP Cusick »

JehovahsWitness wrote: So a person dies then they are dead, and their thoughts stop and death means dead.... except when it doesn't. Is that about right?

Is that like being "a tad" pregnant? Or 'slightly' dead?
JP Cusick wrote:Ghosts appear to be some kind of non-living spirit
er... wouldn't "non-living" be ... dead? As in not alive (not living) ? Or do you mean "non-living" as in "non living matter" like rocks, are ghosts a type of rock?
We just do not know very much about the spirit world, and so I reject jumping to conclusions which are contrary to real life experiences.

The Ghosts could be like animals in that they are alive but not conscious - and yes I see animals as conscious but the point is that Ghosts could be just less than human while physically dead.

Not like a rock - but maybe like an embryo or a life-form without a brain or consciousness.

The Bible itself declares the second death as death-to-sin so it did not mean literal death in that case.

Matthew 27:
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

So dead people rose out of their graves long after their dead bodies had turned to dust.

It just means that there are other possibilities which we do not know yet.
SIGNATURE:

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #66

[Replying to post 65 by JP Cusick]

So basically you don't know what a "ghost" is but you believe they exist. Does that about sum up your position.

Is the scripture in Matthew where you got the idea about ghosts or did it come from watching a video on Youtube? Are there other scriptures or is your ghost belief based on just one scripture in the bible?

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #67

Post by JP Cusick »

JehovahsWitness wrote: So basically you don't know what a "ghost" is but you believe they exist. Does that about sum up your position.

Is the scripture in Matthew where you got the idea about ghosts or did it come from watching a video on Youtube? Are there other scriptures or is your ghost belief based on just one scripture in the bible?
I say that we (anyone) can see and experience real Ghosts in real life, and it stops being a matter of belief when we know that they are real.

And you have been given other scripture references in this thread, as like surrounding this comment = HERE.

There are reports of Ghosts in every corner and every area on the entire planet earth, and my finding is that every person has had experiences with Ghosts of some sorts, and so it is just a matter of their own honesty as to who admits their own experience and those who denies their own experiences.
SIGNATURE:

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #68

[Replying to post 67 by JP Cusick]

So biblically the answer to what you base your "ghost theory" on one incident when the disciples first saw Jesus. Fair enough, at least you made no mention of india.

Be well,

JW

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #69

Post by 2timothy316 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 67 by JP Cusick]

So biblically the answer to what you base your "ghost theory" on one incident when the disciples first saw Jesus. Fair enough, at least you made no mention of india.

Be well,

JW
I could see how the disciples might have wondered if Jesus was just a vision. Some of them had been mistaken before. In Matthew chapter 17, Peter had mistaken Moses and Elijah as being real. Yet these visions are not 'ghost' as the meaning we know of today. Perhaps these would be closer to holograms. Not the holograms we know of today but more like the ones from Star Trek. They would be no more alive than the rendering of a 3D person in a video game.

Tcg
Savant

Post #70

Post by Tcg »

JP Cusick wrote:
There are reports of Ghosts in every corner and every area on the entire planet earth, and my finding is that every person has had experiences with Ghosts of some sorts...
What research is your "finding" the result of. Please detail how this research could be extensive enough to support your universal conclusion that, "every person has had experiences with Ghosts of some sorts..."