Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses?

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses, please?

1 Corinthians

12But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God* that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.
http://biblehub.com/niv/1_corinthians/15.htm

Jesus did not die on the Cross, he survived, so as per Paul's own argument Pauline-Christianity's "faith is futile". Right, please?
Please correct me if I am wrong with reasonable arguments.
________
*Jehovah

This entails that the Jehovah-Witnesses' people who believe in Paul and the Pauline-Christianity, are false witnesses as long as, and if they have no concrete evidence/s of Jesus, not dying on the Cross.Right, please?

Regards

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses?

Post #41

Post by JP Cusick »

tam wrote: Israel (from the ten tribes) maintained a presence in the land after being conquered by Assyria; and they were the Samaritans at the time Christ walked in the flesh. (today they are among the Palestinians)
I know that many people want to believe that, but it is just not accurate.

My point is not that Assyria did this, but that God ordered the Assyrians to remove Israel because God had rejected the wayward Israel, and God did not leave some behind to start over again.

The Assyrians might have forgotten some people or missed taking some people - but God did not miss anyone, and God ordered Israel to be removed from that land, and so we must believe that God removed them all.

The Samaritans claimed to be the northern Israel and some people believed that to be true - but God is the one who banished the entire people known as Israel, and God's will does get done.
tam wrote: And we can know that the Samaritans were of Israel because of the woman at the well who called Jacob their father. Christ did not correct her. He did in fact preach to the Samaritans on numerous occasions; even though
By the 1st century then any person living in Samaria were called Samaritans - just like any person living in the USA are called Americans.

By that time the woman living in Samaria could have been a Jewish women, or she could have been from other tribes of Levite or Benjamin who were not one of the 10 lost tribes known as Israel.
tam wrote: He said He came for the lost sheep of Israel. The Samaritans, therefore, were some of these lost sheep of Israel.
The people called Israel were to become Priest and Shepherds to the rest of humanity, and so every lost person on the entire planet earth is a lost sheep of Israel, because Israel failed at being the Priest and Shepherd.

The lost sheep of Israel are not the people called Israel, it is the people who would have been the sheep whom Israel was to Shepherd.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

tam
Savant

Post #42

Post by tam »

Peace to you JP!
JP Cusick wrote:
tam wrote: Israel (from the ten tribes) maintained a presence in the land after being conquered by Assyria; and they were the Samaritans at the time Christ walked in the flesh. (today they are among the Palestinians)
I know that many people want to believe that, but it is just not accurate.
I cannot speak for anyone else, but it has nothing to do with what I want to believe. That is where the evidence leads us. Not just the evidence of the Assyrians methods (from two sites - one Jewish and one 'secular?'). That evidence is secondary. The actual evidence comes from Christ who did not correct the Samaritan woman at the well (who worshiped on the same mountain that the northern kingdom worshiped on before their fall to the Assyrians) when she claimed Jacob to be their father.

Nor could she have been a Jew; because both she and Christ made a distinct difference between her/the Samaritans and the Jews.

"Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews say that the place where one must worship is in Jerusalem.�

“Believe Me, woman", [Jesus] replied, “a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. You worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews."

tam wrote: And we can know that the Samaritans were of Israel because of the woman at the well who called Jacob their father. Christ did not correct her. He did in fact preach to the Samaritans on numerous occasions; even though
By the 1st century then any person living in Samaria were called Samaritans - just like any person living in the USA are called Americans.

By that time the woman living in Samaria could have been a Jewish women, or she could have been from other tribes of Levite or Benjamin who were not one of the 10 lost tribes known as Israel.
See above. She was not a Jew (which included anyone descended from Judah or Benjamin). Christ distinguished her from Jews, and she did this also herself.
tam wrote: He said He came for the lost sheep of Israel. The Samaritans, therefore, were some of these lost sheep of Israel.
The people called Israel were to become Priest and Shepherds to the rest of humanity, and so every lost person on the entire planet earth is a lost sheep of Israel, because Israel failed at being the Priest and Shepherd.

The lost sheep of Israel are not the people called Israel, it is the people who would have been the sheep whom Israel was to Shepherd.
This does not follow in the context of the time. Because Christ did not come at that time to preach to the Gentiles or to the rest of the nations. He came at that time to preach only to the lost sheep of Israel, and the people He preached to were the Jews and the Samaritans.

Samaritans were included in the lost sheep of Israel (as were Jews) because they were Israel (by blood).

The gentile woman who said even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from the table was rewarded for her great faith, but other than that, Christ FIRST came for the lost sheep of Israel. Once Israel rejected Him, the call and invitation opened up to the gentiles as well.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #43

Post by JP Cusick »

tam wrote: Peace to you JP!
The woman at the well can not be trusted because she told lies or partial truths, as Jesus knew her life more accurately then she said, and Jesus only acknowledged her as a Samaritan and nothing else.

She could have been Levite or Benjamin which are not Jewish from the tribe of Judah.

And in any way it might get twisted she and Samaria were not the lost tribes of Israel because the 10 tribes were rejected and sent away by order of God through the Assyrians over 700 years before that time in the 1st century.

The fact that the Samaritans claimed to be Israel which they were not means that the woman could have believed the lie and she telling what she believed to be true or accurate when it was not true.

Plus the fact that the lost 10 tribes have been identified, link HERE.
SIGNATURE:

tam
Savant

Post #44

Post by tam »

Peace to you JP!

Jews aren't just descended from the tribe of Judah. Jews are descended from the two-tribe southern Kingdom of Judah (also known as Judea). Those two tribes are Judah and Benjamin. The two tribes formed the southern Kingdom of Judah.

Paul declared himself a Jew, from the tribe of Benjamin.

"...circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin;" Philippians 3:5

But Paul answered, "I am a Jew from Tarsus in Cilicia, a citizen of no ordinary city. Now I beg you to allow me to speak to the people."
Acts 22:3

I am assuming (I think correctly) that you already know that Benjamin remained loyal to Judah back when the Kingdom of Israel split into two (after Solomon died). Benjamin and Judah formed the two tribe southern Kingdom of Judah.

Jews are the descendants of that two-tribe Kingdom.

The Samaritan woman was not from the tribe of Benjamin; because the tribe of Benjamin was united with the tribe of Judah, to form the Kingdom of Judah (also referred to as Judea; where Judea is separate from Samaria). If she were from the tribe of Benjamin, she would not have been on the outs with the Jews; she would have been known as a Jew, herself. Like Paul.

She is a Samaritan; and her father is Jacob.

Peace again to you,
tammy

JP Cusick
Guru

> Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses?

Post #45

Post by JP Cusick »

tam wrote: Paul declared himself a Jew, from the tribe of Benjamin.

The Samaritan woman was not from the tribe of Benjamin; because the tribe of Benjamin was united with the tribe of Judah,

I do not buy into your claim, and clearly you keep ignoring the fact that God Himself had the northern 10 tribes removed from the land, and so the 10 tribes were removed and remained removed - because it was a curse from God because of their sins.

You have a point that Paul said that he was a Jew, but the word Jew in English is not accurate, because Paul was Judean from the Country (or Roman Provence of Judea) but Paul made certain to name his tribe as Benjamin because Paul knew that calling himself as Jewish or as Judean was not being completely accurate.

The name of Judea and Judean means the Country or Province of Judea - it did not mean from the tribe of Judah.

And you are putting far too much weight on the woman at the well as if her words are Gospel which they are not, and she saying "Jacob" could have meant any person with that name instead of thinking that she knew exactly her own thousand (1000) year ancestry from the old Patriarch, and if she had really been of the 10 tribes then she would not have been called a Samaritan.
SIGNATURE:

tam
Savant

Re: > Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesse

Post #46

Post by tam »

Peace again to you JP,
JP Cusick wrote:
tam wrote: Paul declared himself a Jew, from the tribe of Benjamin.

The Samaritan woman was not from the tribe of Benjamin; because the tribe of Benjamin was united with the tribe of Judah,

I do not buy into your claim,

May I ask which specific claim you are disputing? I am just unsure what part of what I said that you think is untrue?
and clearly you keep ignoring the fact that God Himself had the northern 10 tribes removed from the land, and so the 10 tribes were removed and remained removed - because it was a curse from God because of their sins.
I'm not ignoring it. I don't think what you are claiming here (that no one from the ten tribes remained in or returned to the land, ever) is correct; based upon the reasons that I have already stated, and in particular, the weight that Christ adds to the Samaritans being Israel.

I will add that we know for sure that not every single member of the northern tribe went into exile and remained there; because we have the account of the priest from the northern tribe being sent back to the land due to the Assyrians needing to learn how to worship the God of that land. (2Kings 17:27)

You have a point that Paul said that he was a Jew, but the word Jew in English is not accurate, because Paul was Judean from the Country (or Roman Provence of Judea) but Paul made certain to name his tribe as Benjamin because Paul knew that calling himself as Jewish or as Judean was not being completely accurate.

The name of Judea and Judean means the Country or Province of Judea - it did not mean from the tribe of Judah.
Correct. Judea was the land of the KINGDOM of Judah (which Kingdom consisted of Judah and Benjamin).

Are you disputing that part at all? That Judah and Benjamin made up the two-tribe Kingdom of the south?

And you are putting far too much weight on the woman at the well as if her words are Gospel which they are not,
I'm not putting any weight on the woman at the well. I am putting all the weight on Christ. For all the reasons stated in my earlier post: He does not correct her claim and He said that He came only for the lost sheep of Israel (not the Gentiles just yet) and the Samaritans are among those He came and preached to.
and she saying "Jacob" could have meant any person with that name instead of thinking that she knew exactly her own thousand (1000) year ancestry from the old Patriarch,
She definitely meant Jacob, the patriarch.

Now He had to pass through Samaria. So He came to a town of Samaria called Sychar, near the plot of ground Jacob had given to his son Joseph. Since Jacob’s well was there, [Jesus], weary from His journey, sat down by the well. It was about the sixth hour. When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, [Jesus] said to her, “Give Me a drink.� (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.) “You are a Jew;� said the woman. “How can You ask for a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?� (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.)

[Jesus] answered, “If you knew the gift of God and who is asking you for a drink, you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.� “Sir, the woman replied, “You have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where then will You get this living water? Are You greater than our father Jacob, who gave us this well and drank from it himself, as did his sons and his livestock?�
John 4:4-12

She is speaking about Jacob the Patriarch; and the author of this gospel is also aware that this is the patriarch Jacob, and that this is Jacob's well; on the plot of land Jacob the patriarch gave to Joseph. Or he would not have written this.

and if she had really been of the 10 tribes then she would not have been called a Samaritan.
Why not?

Samaria was the capital city of the Northern Kingdom. The ten-tribe Northern Kingdom was referred to as Samaria. Read Ezekiel 23, because it refers to Samaria as Oholah, who fell to Assyria, exactly as the ten-tribe northern Kingdom fell to Assyria. Why wouldn't a descendant of Samaria, of the Northern Kingdom, be referred to as a Samaritan?

Peace again to you,
tammy

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: > Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesse

Post #47

Post by JP Cusick »

tam wrote: May I ask which specific claim you are disputing? I am just unsure what part of what I said that you think is untrue?
My point is that the Samaritans were imposters and in no way did any Samaritan represent any of the lost 10 tribes known as Israel.
tam wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:and clearly you keep ignoring the fact that God Himself had the northern 10 tribes removed from the land, and so the 10 tribes were removed and remained removed - because it was a curse from God because of their sins.
I'm not ignoring it. I don't think what you are claiming here (that no one from the ten tribes remained in or returned to the land, ever) is correct; based upon the reasons that I have already stated, and in particular, the weight that Christ adds to the Samaritans being Israel.
That means you doubt and you deny the power of God, because it was God that ordered the northern tribes be taken into captivity - and so they all went.

The Samaritans were lost sheep - just as are every person in humanity.

The notion that God was only trying to save Israel is not true - the idea was for God to use Israel to save all of humanity.
tam wrote: I will add that we know for sure that not every single member of the northern tribe went into exile and remained there; because we have the account of the priest from the northern tribe being sent back to the land due to the Assyrians needing to learn how to worship the God of that land. (2 Kings 17:27)
Some few being sent back - means that the entire population was removed.

And the Priest were all from the tribe of Levite, see Deuteronomy 18:1-2 , and so the Priest Levites were spread through the northern tribes and through Judea too, and so the Levites were intermixed with all but they are not one on the lost ten tribes.

And the Assyrians sent some few of the Levite Priest to teach the Israelite religion to the invaders because Samaria was created as a deception, and the Priest did not know the religion correctly which is why God threw out the 10 tribes in the first place.
tam wrote: Correct. Judea was the land of the KINGDOM of Judah (which Kingdom consisted of Judah and Benjamin).

Are you disputing that part at all? That Judah and Benjamin made up the two-tribe Kingdom of the south?
I agree with this that, but the Levite Priest were also a part of the southern Country too, see Deuteronomy 18:1-2

The tribe of Joseph was split into two (2) as Ephraim and Manasseh, see Joshua 14:4, and that made 13 tribes in total.
tam wrote: I'm not putting any weight on the woman at the well. I am putting all the weight on Christ. For all the reasons stated in my earlier post: He does not correct her claim and He said that He came only for the lost sheep of Israel (not the Gentiles just yet) and the Samaritans are among those He came and preached to.
The Samaritans and all gentiles were the lost sheep, because Israel was to be the Shepherd, so yes they were the lost sheep but they were not Israel.

And it is also reasonable that Jesus was using the title of Israel in a spiritual sense, in that Jesus would view any person as a part of the spiritual Israel.
tam wrote: She definitely meant Jacob, the patriarch.
She could say anything and it is not the Gospel.

The Samaritans were brainwashed with the false religion some 700 years before by the empire of Assyria.

Jesus had no reason to teach the woman about the history of the area, especially when in fact she was a lost sheep and Jesus came to save all of humanity.
SIGNATURE:

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Post #48

Post by For_The_Kingdom »

paarsurrey1 wrote: Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses, please?

1 Corinthians

12But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God* that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

Jesus did not die on the Cross, he survived, so as per Paul's own argument Pauline-Christianity's "faith is futile". Right, please?
________
*Jehovah

This entails that the Jehovah-Witnesses' people who believe in Paul and the Pauline-Christianity, are false witnesses as long as, and if they have no concrete evidence/s of Jesus, not dying on the Cross.Right, please?

Regards
Truthful witnesses don't give or support organizations who have a history of giving false prophecies.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #49

Post by paarsurrey1 »

For_The_Kingdom wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses, please?

1 Corinthians

________
*Jehovah

Regards
Truthful witnesses don't give or support organizations who have a history of giving false prophecies.
What organizations does one mean here, please?
Regards

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Post #50

Post by For_The_Kingdom »

paarsurrey1 wrote: What organizations does one mean here, please?
Regards
The Watchtower & Tract Society.