Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses?

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses, please?

1 Corinthians

12But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God* that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.
http://biblehub.com/niv/1_corinthians/15.htm

Jesus did not die on the Cross, he survived, so as per Paul's own argument Pauline-Christianity's "faith is futile". Right, please?
Please correct me if I am wrong with reasonable arguments.
________
*Jehovah

This entails that the Jehovah-Witnesses' people who believe in Paul and the Pauline-Christianity, are false witnesses as long as, and if they have no concrete evidence/s of Jesus, not dying on the Cross.Right, please?

Regards

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #81

Post by brianbbs67 »

Tam, only John went into these details. I do not think I am eating Christ or drinking his blood, when I observe this. He said to do this in remembrance of him. Gather, eat and drink. Break bread and share wine. I do not believe in a "transfiguration", as to truly eat human flesh and drink blood is forbidden. I beleive it is symbolic and his reminder. He gave us something to gather ourselves by and remember him. As often as you do this,remember me. I apologize in advance if this was not your intent.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #82

Post by JehovahsWitness »

brianbbs67 wrote: Tam, only John went into these details. I do not think I am eating Christ or drinking his blood, when I observe this. He said to do this in remembrance of him. Gather, eat and drink. Break bread and share wine. I do not believe in a "transfiguration", as to truly eat human flesh and drink blood is forbidden. I beleive it is symbolic and his reminder. He gave us something to gather ourselves by and remember him. As often as you do this,remember me. I apologize in advance if this was not your intent.
I think (I could be wrong) that its only Catholics that believe the wine and bread literally change into human flesh and blood. In any case we (Jehovah's Witnesses) believe that the emblems (bread/wine) are SYMBOLIC of Jesus' body and blood.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

tam
Savant

Post #83

Post by tam »

brianbbs67 wrote: Tam, only John went into these details. I do not think I am eating Christ or drinking his blood, when I observe this. He said to do this in remembrance of him. Gather, eat and drink. Break bread and share wine. I do not believe in a "transfiguration", as to truly eat human flesh and drink blood is forbidden. I beleive it is symbolic and his reminder. He gave us something to gather ourselves by and remember him. As often as you do this,remember me. I apologize in advance if this was not your intent.

No need to apologize, brian.

The bread and the wine mean (represent) His body and His blood. The bread and wine do not turn into actual human flesh and blood.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses?

Post #84

Post by onewithhim »

paarsurrey1 wrote: Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses, please?

1 Corinthians

12But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God* that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

Jesus did not die on the Cross, he survived, so as per Paul's own argument Pauline-Christianity's "faith is futile". Right, please?
________
*Jehovah

This entails that the Jehovah-Witnesses' people who believe in Paul and the Pauline-Christianity, are false witnesses as long as, and if they have no concrete evidence/s of Jesus, not dying on the Cross.Right, please?

Regards
Not quite sure what you are saying, but I think it is that if JWs believe the Scriptures then we are not truthful. Well, contrary to your line of thinking, we follow Christ's words and those of his disciples in the Scriptures and they all point to the fact that he rose from the dead---actual death---and ascended back to heaven some 40 or so days later. How can we be condemned for following the Bible? Doesn't your Quran say that ALL of the Scriptures were given to men by Allah?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #85

Post by onewithhim »

For_The_Kingdom wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses, please?

1 Corinthians

________
*Jehovah

Regards
Truthful witnesses don't give or support organizations who have a history of giving false prophecies.
That is true. Jehovah's Witnesses do not have a history of giving false prophecies. A "prophecy" is something given to a person directly by God Himself. The brothers that have taken the lead in the WTS have never claimed that any of them received something directly from the mouth of God, other than what is in the Scriptures. Having said that, the WTS has only presented their best educated guess as to what the Scriptures might mean. Every religious leader that has existed has done the same, so why pick on Jehovah's Witnesses?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #86

Post by onewithhim »

Thia wrote: The Watchtower organisation call themselves the 'Truth'. There's the first fallacy. Christ is the "TRUTH, the way and the life". They have 'pieces' of truth but not the whole picture. Only Christ has that. And there is no way to Jahveh EXCEPT through Christ. A token mention of Him at the end of a prayer to a man-constructed 'Jehovah' won't cut it.

Peace
Your servant and slave of Christ
Thia x
What "token mention" of Christ are you referring to? Apparently you haven't ever been to one of their meetings or read any of their literature. Christ is the main focus of JWs, next to his Father and God, Jehovah. (John 20:17)

"Man-constructed" Jehovah? Where did you get that? "Jehovah" was translated from the Hebrew Tetragrammaton (YHWH) by the King James translators, as well as others. It is the most common pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton, but it can be pronounced in other ways. The Tetragrammaton appears in the Hebrew Scriptures 7,000 times. How do you figure that it's "man-constructed"?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #87

Post by onewithhim »

brianbbs67 wrote:
polonius.advice wrote:
But like so many of the JW prophecies, it never happened.
YEs, they say we are inthe 1000 years tribulation and God's kingdom is established but know one knows it???? Also, Christ is the Angel Micheal. Craziness to me. It all comes from the Times, time and half a time scripture which even the Hebrews admit no one knows how to interpret.
Yes, the "times of the Gentiles" had come to an end---that means the time when God did not interfere with the rule of men---and in 1914 God re-entered the works on the earthly scene to prepare His people for what is going to come at Armageddon. But we do NOT say that the Thousand-Year Reign has begun, nor do we say that the Great Tribulation has happened.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #88

Post by onewithhim »

2timothy316 wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:

1 Corinthians

________
*Jehovah

Regards
I do not see why any group has to be completely accurate and flawless and perfect, because no group or person can ever live up to that extreme.

I know that many people and virtually every group claims to have it all - and it is just vain nonsense.
It's not the mistakes that a religion makes that I personally look at. Religions are made up of people and since there are no perfect people there are no perfect religions. However, what that group of people do when they have been proven to make a mistake is highly important to me. Even when it comes to my personal friendships, what a person does after they make a mistake is also very important to me.

So when a religion is still trying to push Hellfire even though it has been shown to be unsupported by the Bible, to me this is way more unacceptable than people getting a date for the Day of Jehovah wrong. People that follow the creature rather than the Creator will fall away from following truth. That is why religion must be put in it's proper place. Doctrine can't be placed above the Almighty and not above His Word the Bible. If a religion or people in general are not patient for God to reveal His plans and are not paying attention to the Bible then mistakes are made. We are imperfect people, mistakes are going to happen. Again, what a person or a people do after that mistake is what is important.

Also, how others treat others after they have made and admitted to that mistake is also important. Those that hold grudges or keep throwing mistakes into another person's face is not a Christ-like attitude. God says of sins that we have corrected, "Once again you will have compassion on us. You will trample our sins under your feet and throw them into the depths of the sea." Micah 7:19. The Bible says to "Be imitators of God, therefore, as beloved children." Ep 5:1. Those that have sinned in the past and turned from their course we should follow God's example and toss their sins into the depths of the sea. Do you know why the Bible said the depths of the sea? Because anything there can't be retrieved. Only we can resurrect our own sin by returning to doing that sin. Yet if we don't keep doing that particular sin then that sin is gone. Never to be remembered or held against us.

So those that keep digging up the past mistakes a throwing them into peoples then they will be treated the same way they have treated others only, not by men but by someone else much more powerful. "For with the same judgment you pronounce, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Matthew 7:2. What if Jesus was like those that hold grudges? No one would live. I wish people that do hold grudges would think about that.

"Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity." Colossians 3:14. That is where perfection is, not in throwing people mistakes back into their faces.
Beautifully said! The WTS has recognized their mistakes and apologized for them, correcting those mistakes, unlike the churches of Christendom who keep teaching hell-fire and the "mystical" trinity.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #89

Post by brianbbs67 »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
I think (I could be wrong) that its only Catholics that believe the wine and bread literally change into human flesh and blood. In any case we (Jehovah's Witnesses) believe that the emblems (bread/wine) are SYMBOLIC of Jesus' body and blood.

JW
I also used the wrong term. Transubstantiation is the RCC thing. My wife is from a Catholic background and maintains even they view it as symbolic. Eating of the tree of life is where this comes from. Many think Jesus is the human incarnation of that tree. Thus Eucharist and transubstantiation.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #90

Post by onewithhim »

brianbbs67 wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:

JW
I also used the wrong term. Transubstantiation is the RCC thing. My wife is from a Catholic background and maintains even they view it as symbolic. Eating of the tree of life is where this comes from. Many think Jesus is the human incarnation of that tree. Thus Eucharist and transubstantiation.
I have never heard what Catholics think about the Transfiguration, though I've been in innumerable conversations with Catholics. They have plenty to say about Transubstantiation, however. Every Catholic I've ever talked to---even on these threads---says that they believe that the hosts actually transform into the body and blood of Jesus.