Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses?

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses, please?

1 Corinthians

12But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God* that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.
http://biblehub.com/niv/1_corinthians/15.htm

Jesus did not die on the Cross, he survived, so as per Paul's own argument Pauline-Christianity's "faith is futile". Right, please?
Please correct me if I am wrong with reasonable arguments.
________
*Jehovah

This entails that the Jehovah-Witnesses' people who believe in Paul and the Pauline-Christianity, are false witnesses as long as, and if they have no concrete evidence/s of Jesus, not dying on the Cross.Right, please?

Regards

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses people truthful witnesses?

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1 by paarsurrey1]

Yes, we try to be. We (JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES) base our beliefs on the entire bible Canon (66 books) the official statement from our website is as follows:

Jehovah's Witnesses do believe Jesus died to save mankind, it is one of our fundamental beliefs.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

Vidoe : Why did Jesus die?
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/book ... t_index]=0
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by Checkpoint »

[Replying to post 1 by paarsurrey1]

Jesus did not die on the Cross, he survived, so as per Paul's own argument Pauline-Christianity's "faith is futile". Right, please?
He did not survive, but died and rose again.

Your correction is clearly spelled out throughout the New Testament.

Your claims are false and appear to be designed to sow doubts and bring confusion.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #4

[Replying to post 3 by Checkpoint]

I agree with you although this kind of non-biblical claim doesn't cause me any confusion and certainly doesn't bring me to doubt my own faith.

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #5

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Checkpoint wrote: [Replying to post 1 by paarsurrey1]

Your claims are false and appear to be designed to sow doubts and bring confusion.
but died and rose again
Those who die medically, physically and literally never become alive again in this world. Will one give ones' medical, physical and literal evidences to prove that :
~Jesus died on the Cross
~Jesus became alive from medical, physical and literal dead?

It is one's weird claim. Isn't it, please?
Anybody, please

Regards

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #6

[Replying to post 5 by paarsurrey1]

While the death of Jesus at the hands of the Roman authority is reported in secular history, Jehovah's Witnesses (and many other Christians) refer to the bible as the only truthful record we have of events; the bible narrative is very clear that Jesus actually died and was raised.

JW

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #7

Post by paarsurrey1 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 5 by paarsurrey1]

While the death of Jesus at the hands of the Roman authority is reported in secular history, Jehovah's Witnesses (and many other Christians) refer to the bible as the only truthful record we have of events; the bible narrative is very clear that Jesus actually died and was raised.

JW
refer to the bible
That one does even that one knows:

~Jesus did not write anything for the posterity
~Jesus did not dictate anything to any person, disciple or no-disciple
~Jesus did not authorize anybody to write on his behalf, so everything that has been mentioned in the Gospels has been written and ascribed to Jesus is unauthorized.

Right, please?
Is it one's blind-faith, please?

Regards

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #8

Post by 2timothy316 »

paarsurrey1 wrote:

~Jesus did not write anything for the posterity
~Jesus did not dictate anything to any person, disciple or no-disciple
~Jesus did not authorize anybody to write on his behalf, so everything that has been mentioned in the Gospels has been written and ascribed to Jesus is unauthorized.
The Bible is the word of God not the word of His Son, Jesus. Thus Jesus didn't have to authorize anything. Jehovah God is the one who authorizes who writes and who doesn't. So it's not that Jesus authorized anyone, yet apparently Jesus was not authorized to write any part of the Bible. Otherwise, we would have books written by Jesus. The word of God can come from anyone Jehovah so sees fit, even from imperfect men He can get exactly what he wants to tell the world.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #9

paarsurrey1 wrote:Is it one's blind-faith, please?
No, that is NOT "blind faith" or gullibility, it is confidence in the inspirted word of God. All of Jehovah's Witnesses (including former Muslims) have studied the bible, analysed its trustworthness and come to an informed decision based on facts that the bible is indeed the inspired word of God.

Not blind faith at all,

JW

[youtube][/youtube]

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by Justin108 »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
Checkpoint wrote: [Replying to post 1 by paarsurrey1]

but died and rose again
Those who die medically, physically and literally never become alive again in this world. Will one give ones' medical, physical and literal evidences to prove that :
~Jesus died on the Cross
~Jesus became alive from medical, physical and literal dead?

It is one's weird claim. Isn't it, please?
Anybody, please

Regards
I'm a bit foggy on what Muslims believe, but don't Muslims believe in miracles? Don't they believe in things like Moses parting the Red Sea? Jesus being born of a virgin? Stuff like that? Don't they, please? Is this true, please? Please. Please? Thank you please