Isn't Muhammad the "Paraclete"/ "Comforter?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Isn't Muhammad the "Paraclete"/ "Comforter?

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Isn't Muhammad the "Paraclete"/"Comforter"/"Spirit of truth*" Jesus foretold?

Anybody or everybody in the forum, please

Regards

______
Just to quote for easy reference, please:

JP Cusick wrote: Thread "No-MiddleMan Movement"
"Discussion around the traces of middlemen in each religion"
Debating Christianity and Religion Forum Index -> Theology, Doctrine, and Dogma

Post 9:
marco wrote:

But not doctored to the extent that it debars some Muslims from claiming that it predicts Muhammad. When John says that Jesus will send " allon paraklēton," another Paraclete from heaven, some construe this as meaning, seven centuries later, an Arab trader will be that very messenger. So John has his uses.
JP Cusick wrote:
Thank you Marco as I never knew about that interpretation and I like that.

John 14:
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
-

So Muhammad and the Qur'an would be that other "comforter" that "allon paraklēton" and by happening in the year 632 CE, which is the end of 600 years which marks the beginning of a 700th century Sabbath, and God does seem to embrace numbers as significant markers.

The "*spirit of truth" is what matters, and the Qur'an does make correction where Christianity had already gone astray.

Marco got it right in this case - cheers to this.

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Re: Isn't Muhammad the "Paraclete"/ "Comforte

Post #2

Post by Checkpoint »

[Replying to post 1 by paarsurrey1]
Isn't Muhammad the "Paraclete"/"Comforter"/"Spirit of truth*" Jesus foretold?

Regards
No, he isn't.

The Comforter is not any human person, but is the Holy Spirit.

Wootah
Savant

Post #3

Post by Wootah »

Paarsurrey1 who sent Mohammad?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #4

Post by JP Cusick »

Checkpoint wrote: The Comforter is not any human person, but is the Holy Spirit.
Christianity has been claiming for 1500 years that it just meant the "Holy Spirit" but that makes no sense when that "Holy Spirit" has no real power or any message or any thing of realistic value.

Christians claim the Holy Spirit makes them to feel better and they feel the Spirit - but that is nothing.
Christianity claims that the Holy Spirit is a person - but they do not know whom is the person.

It makes far more sense that Jesus was prophesying about a real coming messenger of truth.

The religion of Islam fulfills that prophesy.

John 15:
26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

It is referring to "whom" as a person who has the spirit of truth.
SIGNATURE:

bjs
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by bjs »

Jesus explicitly stated that when talking about the paraclete (better translated as “counselor� than “comforter�) he was referring to the Holy Spirit.

In John 14:26 Jesus said, “But the Counselor (paraclete), the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.�

So no, Muhammad was no the Paraclete.
Understand that you might believe. Believe that you might understand. –Augustine of Hippo

JP Cusick
Guru

> Isn't Muhammad the "Paraclete"/ "Comfort

Post #6

Post by JP Cusick »

bjs wrote: Jesus explicitly stated that when talking about the paraclete (better translated as “counselor� than “comforter�) he was referring to the Holy Spirit.

In John 14:26 Jesus said, “But the Counselor (paraclete), the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.�

So no, Muhammad was no the Paraclete.
Translate that word as Counselor or as Comforter or as Advocate or some other synonym is significant because the old Greek language was crude and primitive, as the Greek did not have any commas either, so that sentence could be translated or interpreted in many different ways.

As like this = The Counselor from the Holy Spirit or by the Holy Spirit - who the Father will send in Jesus name ...

And it is important to know that the Holy Qur'an does indeed come preaching Jesus as the Messiah and it has the Spirit of Truth.

Muhammad and the Qur'an are real significant parts of historical record, while the Christian claim of some mystical Holy Spirit has no claim to any reality.

The true Counselor was to be a real person - it was not to be a part of the Babylonian mystery religion of Revelation 17:5-6.
SIGNATURE:

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #7

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Wootah wrote: Paarsurrey1 who sent Mohammad?
Muhammad was born to Abdullah and Amna in Mecca:

"Muhammad[n 1] (Arabic: محمد‎; pronounced [muħammad];[n 2] c. 570 CE – 8 June 632 CE)[1] is the prophet and founder of Islam.[2][3] According to Islamic doctrine, he was God's Messenger, sent to confirm the essential teachings of monotheism preached previously by Adam, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and other prophets.[3][4][5][6] "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad
* final or last in status

Regards

Wootah
Savant

Post #8

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 7 by paarsurrey1]

Allah sent Mohammad- correct?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Prince
Scholar

Post #9

Post by Prince »

No, Muhammad was not the Holy Spirit because He did not glorify the son of man by declaring what is His.

The Holy Spirit takes from what belongs to God and declares it.

John 16:13,14

"When he comes, the spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on his own but will speak what He hears and declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me because he will take from what is mine and declare it to you."

phlegmnoire
Student

Post #10

Post by phlegmnoire »

paarsurrey1 wrote: Isn't Muhammad the "Paraclete"/"Comforter"/"Spirit of truth*" Jesus foretold?

Regards
Joh 14:17 says "The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you."

Those 2 criteria, 1) invisible to non-believers and, 2) dwells within the believer, are criteria that Muhammad as John's paraclete fails. In a slightly broader context, Joh 14:15-27 explains what he means by invisibility to the world: that the world will not see Jesus after his death but believers will see him. He also explains what he means by "in you" when he quotes Jesus as saying that "that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you."