Isn't Muhammad the "Paraclete"/ "Comforter?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Isn't Muhammad the "Paraclete"/ "Comforter?

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Isn't Muhammad the "Paraclete"/"Comforter"/"Spirit of truth*" Jesus foretold?

Anybody or everybody in the forum, please

Regards

______
Just to quote for easy reference, please:

JP Cusick wrote: Thread "No-MiddleMan Movement"
"Discussion around the traces of middlemen in each religion"
Debating Christianity and Religion Forum Index -> Theology, Doctrine, and Dogma

Post 9:
marco wrote:

But not doctored to the extent that it debars some Muslims from claiming that it predicts Muhammad. When John says that Jesus will send " allon paraklēton," another Paraclete from heaven, some construe this as meaning, seven centuries later, an Arab trader will be that very messenger. So John has his uses.
JP Cusick wrote:
Thank you Marco as I never knew about that interpretation and I like that.

John 14:
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
-

So Muhammad and the Qur'an would be that other "comforter" that "allon paraklēton" and by happening in the year 632 CE, which is the end of 600 years which marks the beginning of a 700th century Sabbath, and God does seem to embrace numbers as significant markers.

The "*spirit of truth" is what matters, and the Qur'an does make correction where Christianity had already gone astray.

Marco got it right in this case - cheers to this.

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

paarsurrey1
Sage

Re: > Isn't Muhammad the "Paraclete"/ "Com

Post #21

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Prince wrote: [Replying to post 18 by JP Cusick]

No. Muhammad said to remember what the prophets and saints said but did not quote them.

To quote is to remind.

As it is written;

"Walk in my presence and be blameless", says the Lord

That is how to remind and keep the ways of the Lord.

" Keep the ways of the Lord by doing what is right and just. "
No. Muhammad said to remember what the prophets and saints said but did not quote them.
Quran/Recitation primarily is phonetic, when does not give "inverted commas" when one speaks. Even in writing languages started this practice much later.

Then Quran does not plagiarize from Jesus and Moses, Quran only corrects the other religious books and brings out the most important Truth. Right, please?

Regards

Prince
Scholar

Post #22

Post by Prince »

[Replying to post 21 by paarsurrey1]

No, no ,no.

One does not need quotation marks to quote.

If Muhammad did what God wanted he would have quoted the prophets.

Muhammad was like Paul. He made up His own theology.

So,

Anyone who drinks the water I give him shall never become thirsty the water I give him shall be like a well inside him springing up to provide eternal life.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #23

Post by JP Cusick »

Prince wrote: If Muhammad did what God wanted he would have quoted the prophets.
And you are going to declare what God requires of a Prophet - not hardly.

The Qur'an does acknowledge Jesus as the Messiah, and Abraham as the Patriarch, and it is not there to quote what has already been said in the other scriptures.

The Qur'an acknowledges both the old and the new testaments so there is no need to directly quote either.

The religion of Islam is not a different religion - it is a continuation of the same religion of Abraham through Jesus unto Muhammad.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

Prince
Scholar

Post #24

Post by Prince »

JP Cusick wrote:
Scripture shows what God requires of everyone and that is to speak the truth, God's word.

Muhammad failed the test just as Paul and the Disciples failed.

As it is written;

"Speak the truth to one another, judge righteously, and let honesty and peace be at your gates."

" Walk in the light while you have it or darkness will come over you. "

"Genuine worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth for God is spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth."

" Whoever comes to me hears my words and uses them"

"If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple"

"Blessed is he who hears the word of the Lord and keeps it. "

I know Him and I keep His word.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #25

Post by paarsurrey1 »

JP Cusick wrote:
Prince wrote: If Muhammad did what God wanted he would have quoted the prophets.

The Qur'an does acknowledge Jesus as the Messiah, and Abraham as the Patriarch, and it is not there to quote what has already been said in the other scriptures.

The Qur'an acknowledges both the old and the new testaments so there is no need to directly quote either.

The religion of Islam is not a different religion - it is a continuation of the same religion of Abraham through Jesus unto Muhammad.
It is true.
The Truthful Religion has always been the same. Muhammad only reformed and refreshed the Message of God. It is for this that a Muslim has to believe in every truthful Messenger/Prophet of God sent by Him in any part of the world.
Regards

Overcomer
Guru

Holy Spirit

Post #26

Post by Overcomer »

The Bible tells us when the Holy Spirit came:

Acts 2:2-4:

When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

The Holy Spirit is third person of the Triune Godhead. As such he is identical in essence with God the Father and God the Son.

Gen. 1:2 tells us he was there at the creation of the world. Therefore, he has always existed.

In Acts 5:3,4, Peter confronts Ananias, asking him why he lied to the Holy Spirit, stating clearly that lying to the Holy Spirit is lying to God because the Holy Spirit IS God.

Then in 1 Corinthians 2:10-11, we read the following:

But God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man’s spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

The Holy Spirit fills each person who accepts Christ as Lord and Saviour as outlined here:

The apostle Paul clearly taught that we receive the Holy Spirit the moment we receive Jesus Christ as our Savior. First Corinthians 12:13 declares, “For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.� Romans 8:9 tells us that if a person does not possess the Holy Spirit, he or she does not belong to Christ: “You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.� Ephesians 1:13-14 teaches us that the Holy Spirit is the seal of salvation for all those who believe: “Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.�

https://www.gotquestions.org/receive-Holy-Spirit.html

So there is no way that any human being could be the Holy Spirit.