Would you have a chip on your shoulder?

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Would you be willing to take a chip under the skin?

I am a Christian and would not want to take such a chip
No votes
I am not a Christian and would not want to take such a chip
50%
I am a Christian and would take such a chip
No votes
I am not a Christian and would take such a chip
25%
I am a Christian and am not sure whether I would take a chip
No votes
I am not a Christian and am not sure whether I would take a chip
25%

Total votes: 4

OnceConvinced
Savant

Would you have a chip on your shoulder?

Post #1

Post by OnceConvinced »

If the government were to tell you, that you had to take some kind of micro or nano chip and have it implanted in the back of your hand or on your forehead, would you be willing to take it without duress?

What if they threatened to kill you if you didn't?

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

They are pretty close to that already. :D

People don't realize just how intrusive technology already is.

For example, I know quite a few people who refuse to do their banking online because they think it would be too risky. What they don't realize is that their bank accounts are already online whether they are using them or not.

Our information is accessible to the government far more than people realize. And it's not just the government who has the information. Clearly the banks have it. :D And many commercial industries have it as well.

In fact, this was all exposed to me quite vividly just recently. I've always had a computer and I've purchased quiet a bit from Amazon.com over the years as well as other online vendors. I knew they had a record of all my information, etc. But the scope of their knowledge really didn't hit me until just last week when my sister bought me an Amazon Fire Tablet.

When I got the tablet I started looking through it. The first thing I noticed right off the bat is that they were offering me a lot of books on witchcraft and physics. Then I noticed they were offering me a lot of music and jazz related stuff. I immediately thought, "How in the world do they know what I am interested in? Surely they aren't offering these specific things to everyone who buys a new tablet. The items were too out of the mainstream and were clearly associated with my personal life. Right down to offering me parts for my specific cars. :D

Then when I clicked on the map app it came up with my house and address highlighted. At first I thought to myself, "How in the world could they know where I live? I only just opened up this tablet the day I got it. They don't yet have enough information about me.

But then of course I realized. When I fired up the tablet they asked for my amazon account name. Well duh? #-o

No wonder they know everything about me. They have my entire Amazon.com history to go by. :D

The web browser does the same sort of thing. It follows you around on the web and knows when you've been sleeping and knows when you're awake, it knows if you've been bad or good, it's knowledge isn't fake.

So they hardly even need to put a chip under your skin. They already have their hooks into you quite deeply. In fact, if you are carrying around a smart phone, or any other Internet active device you're already carrying the GPS spy for them. :D

No need to implant it under your skin.

I've even heard that they can capture images from the cameras on your phone or internet devices. They don't even need to be directly connected. They can have software running on the device that takes the video, and then when you're online they upload the images that were taken when you were offline.

So you may as well submit to an under the skin chip. They already have you covered anyway.

I also heard a rumor that car license plates are going to start coming with GPS tracking devices built right in. It will just look like a normal license plate, but they will be able to track your car at any moment and you won't even know about it.

I don't think there's going to be any way to avoid "Big Brother" in the future.

Also, if they start with under-the-skin implants they will probably start putting them in newborn babies. They probably won't bother trying to retrofit everyone with one. It would just be something that a new generation will become used to being born with.

I suspect that this will indeed become the norm at some future point.

Big Brother is definitely coming down the pike. No doubt about it. It's actually already here in the smart phones and other electronic devices we already use.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Bust Nak
Savant

Re: Would you have a chip on your shoulder?

Post #3

Post by Bust Nak »

[Replying to post 1 by OnceConvinced]

They can offer it optionally and I'd still take it, I want the latest techs, and the less things I have to carry around in my wallet the better. But just not in the forehead. It would be extremely awkward to present your forehead for scanning. Having said that I think technology is heading towards biometric instead of chips.

I have to ask, why does the title say shoulder but in your post it says hand or forehead? Or am I just reading too much into a word play?

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #4

Post by OnceConvinced »

Bust Nak wrote: [Replying to post 1 by OnceConvinced]

They can offer it optionally and I'd still take it, I want the latest techs, and the less things I have to carry around in my wallet the better. But just not in the forehead. It would be extremely awkward to present your forehead for scanning. Having said that I think technology is heading towards biometric instead of chips.
I work in a security company that provides security software and solutions. We have a software package that pretty much combines any type of security feature you could possibly want to add. Biometrics is something that is a big thing at the moment. There is not even any suggestion that chipping is going to be used any time in the near future. There is nothing catering for that possibility. Eyeball recognition is something that has been considered, but for some reason we haven't even gone there yet, but our company is at the forefront of its game and becoming a world leader. No microchipping of hands and foreheads even being considered.

Bust Nak wrote: I have to ask, why does the title say shoulder but in your post it says hand or forehead? Or am I just reading too much into a word play?

Just meant as word play. A humorous heading for the topic. :)

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #5

Post by OnceConvinced »

[Replying to post 2 by Divine Insight]

It is true that we are already being well tracked. In fact now almost everyone has a cell phone on them and more and more things are being done through cell phones. There's hardly a need for microchipping anyone.

I work for a security company that is leading the way when it comes to modern technology and security. The government even pays us research and development grants.

There has never been any talk that I'm aware of, of security that involves microchipping people and they let us know about all the new stuff coming. That tells me that we are still a long way away from that being used widespread. If it was close, our company would be jumping on the band wagon ready to make millions from it.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #6

Post by Divine Insight »

OnceConvinced wrote: There has never been any talk that I'm aware of, of security that involves microchipping people and they let us know about all the new stuff coming. That tells me that we are still a long way away from that being used widespread. If it was close, our company would be jumping on the band wagon ready to make millions from it.
This doesn't sound right to me OC. I've watched documentaries about people having chips placed in their babies already. This is for the purpose of being able to track their child should their child become lost or abducted. So there already exist people who want to willingly do this purely for security purposes. Of course, the technology could also be abused by the parents when the parents start using the tracking device to keep tabs on where their children go. In fact, that was a major topic of the documentary. The documentary was addressing the ethics involved.

I can't recall where I saw this documentary. I'm thinking it was on PBS, but I can't even be sure about that. It was some time ago that I had seen it. But they were clearly talking about this being currently employed by some people already.

In fact, there were discussions about whether or not it is ethical for the doctors to comply when the babies clearly cannot give their consent. Legally the parents are in full legal custody of their baby, so whatever they so goes. I do recall that they were questioning whether congress should address this to make a legal decision on whether or not parents should be able to have a tracking chip placed in a baby. And whether or not it should be legal for parents to track their child's activities until they become legal adults.

These new technologies bring up new legislative issues.

In any case, they were also saying in this documentary that currently this technology is only available for rich people. Not sure why that is necessarily. But clearly as technologies continue to become more commonplace the prices will also drop to where anyone will be able to afford it.

This is why I'm not understanding why your security company isn't aware of this "bandwagon". Maybe because it's not yet economically feasible for the masses? But that's just about guaranteed to be changing real quick. So I can't understand how a security company could not be aware of this.

Are you sure the people who run your security company are actually paying attention?

Seriously. Having a tracking chip placed in their baby can be extremely attractive to any parents who have any fear at all that their child could potentially become lost or abducted. And it wouldn't just be for the baby, it would be throughout the child's entire life. At any time their child came up missing they could instantly discover precisely where the child is, even if it's already been harmed or killed. They would at least be able to find the body instantly and be that much further along to discovering what happened.

So placing a chip in a newborn baby can be extremely attractive to a lot of people.

The baby might not appreciate it. But does the baby have any say? Once again, we need to get congress involved on that question.

Should it be legal to place a tracking device in a baby? Is so, then what is your security company waiting for? The technology is already here. And it's only going to become more affordable with every passing day.

If your security company thinks this is something far off into the future they need to start hiring better people in their planning department. Seriously. Somebody isn't paying attention. They'll quickly discover that they missed the boat on this one.

Some people are already doing this. Hopefully their intentions are good (i.e. strictly for the safety of the child). But the potential for spying on the child is necessarily also there. That's an unavoidable side-effect. It just like with knives, they can be used to make a delicious meal, or used to stab someone in the back. This is true about almost everything.
[center]Image
[/center]

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #7

Post by OnceConvinced »

[Replying to post 6 by Divine Insight]

I don't think what you are describing there relates to our industry. Our industry is more related to keeping people out of places they shouldn't be. Or keeping people in places where they shouldn't leave. We develop software for places like hospitals, prisons, hotels, mines, universities. We even have our software and hardware at Buckingham Palace.

If we are all going to be fitted with chips to allow us in or out of places, then our company will be onto it. So far I have not heard anything discussed, although I am not a manager.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #8

Post by Divine Insight »

[Replying to post 7 by OnceConvinced]

Ok, well maybe your company wouldn't have anything to do with microchipping the general public then.

Actually if the government were going to start microchipping people I would think the best place for them to start would be with prisoners. That would be a place where the general public wouldn't be likely to object. And Donald Trump and Jeff Sessions could argue that this is necessary to "keep America safe". :D

Then after they have all the prisoners microchipped they could start microchipping everyone who gets arrested for anything. They would treat it like fingerprinting.

It wouldn't be long after that before they have everyone fingerprinted (er I mean, microchipped).

Actually with the way technology is going I can't imagine a future where everyone isn't ultimately microchipped in one way or another. Either voluntarily or mandatory. I don't expect to see it in my lifetime, but I won't be around much longer. :D

I'm going to heaven pretty soon. O:)
[center]Image
[/center]

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #9

Post by OnceConvinced »

[Replying to post 8 by Divine Insight]

Agreed (and also agree about you going to Heaven). This stuff may indeed be on its way and some time down the track most of us may be microchipped, but it's definitely something a long way off yet. We first have to get rid of cash and that will surely be around for a long time yet.

It's going to take a few generations of social conditioning before people will be willing to submit and Christians will be averse to it, so that will make it even tougher to enforce. You may even have to erase Christianity first. That would take generations and generations.

I can't see anyone being forced to take such a chip at the threat of death though. We, as a society are moving away from the death penalty, not closer to it. And if we were given the threat of death, I very much doubt the method of execution would be by beheading as the bible says it will be.

William
Savant

Post #10

Post by William »

[Replying to post 1 by OnceConvinced]
If the government were to tell you, that you had to take some kind of micro or nano chip and have it implanted in the back of your hand or on your forehead, would you be willing to take it without duress?

What if they threatened to kill you if you didn't?

This subject has always intrigued me.

My understanding of it in relation to symbolism is that the 'Mark of the Beast' represents ones willingness to support systems of disparity and accept the consequences of doing so.

The forehead is representative of the thoughts and the right hand is representative of the actions.

I first became aware of this subject in my late teens, and it occurred to me before I hit 20 that the symbolism related to thought and action a 'mark' and the fact that one cannot get food clothing shelter and health without that 'mark' was a system already in place.

A persons signature is that which allows for the person to participate in and receive the necessities for standard living.

The signature is part of the self identification process. We all have at least two 'names' - most have three - but we are one individual so one name should be enough - logically - but it isn't because of the nature of the systems which control us, and we cannot get what we need without our signature.

"Put your mark here."

:)

So in relation to the poll questions, I would argue that practically every Christian on the planet is already partaking in the systems of disparity [Antichrist], so it is highly unlikely that will change or for that matter that any governing body would have to force people to do what they currently quite happily are doing.

If anything, the 'forcing' is achieved through the way the systems are set up to begin with. One requires the basic necessities of life and the systems provide these at a cost and a personal signature is required.

Once slaves were branded. Now they are simply transferring that brand through signature.

To test my theory, in my mid 20s I changed my signature to 666 and with that I was still able to purchase a house, have a car license, enter other contracts etc...anything which requires signature.

The signature itself may well be evolving through technology and a personal chip embedded into the body seems a natural enough step in that direction. As far as being useful for security, it can assist in helping to prevent identity theft, or track loved ones through GPS or replace physical money etc, but nothing short of ditching the systems of disparity and replacing these with one of parity will prevent criminal intent (or immoral /ethical intent if it isn't a matter of law) from doing business as usual.