Atheist "Taliban"!!!???

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Atheist "Taliban"!!!???

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

There are Atheism people who want Islam should be wiped off the face of the planet.
And how the atheists would like to implement it?
Is it a peaceful approach?
Are such Atheism people “atheist Taliban�?

What do they imagine to do to finish so much of population spread in almost all the countries in the whole world?

It is a nonsensical approach, for sure. Right, please?

Regards

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Atheist "Taliban"!!!???

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

Most Atheists that I've seen who advocate the eradication of Islam have offered peaceful means for doing so. They suggest that this can be done via nothing more than education.

I totally agree that this is the only rational approach. I even go a step further and suggest that Christianity should be eradicated first. I suggest this because I like to think that many people who believe in Christianity would be more easily educated. However, I have since discovered that many Christians are as immune to rational thinking as many Muslims.

What I have come to realize that we as humans truly are nothing more than "highly-evolved" apes. I have to put "highly-evolved" in quotes because, to be quite honest, many humans do not appear to be much more highly evolved than wild apes.

It may simply be that, as a species, the masses just aren't prepared to embrace rational thinking yet.

Christianity and Islam are totally irrational religious paradigms. There is nothing rational about them, yet countless humans continue to defend these religions, even against opposing sects of the very same religions.

They can't even see the folly of their own religions.

So yes, it would be nice to see a day when humans can become intelligent enough to realize that these Abrahamic religions have no more merit than Greek mythology.

Unfortunately we're not there yet.

I even suggest that we try to convince religious people to move over to a more intelligent religion first. Something like Buddhism. That would at least be a step in a more positive direction. Many humans simply cannot embrace the idea that there is no God. So I can understand where moving them over to something like Buddhism would be a useful path.

At least it would get them out of the rut of these horribly immoral Abrahamic religions.

Keep in mind that both Christianity and Islam are based on an imaginary "Jealous God", and that is the main cause of their immorality. This then incites them to hate each other in the name of their "Jealous Gods".

At least if we got them to all move over to Buddhism we'd be much further along toward peace and sanity.

~~~~~~~

I do understand the argument made by many atheists. To try to convert these people to another religion requires a continued support in irrational beliefs. Buddhism may be on far higher moral ground than either Christianity or Islam, but it's still ultimately an irrational belief that has no evidence to support it.

So many atheists don't want to contribute to the continued belief in nonsense of any kind. So their approach is to just try to educate people to the fallacy of religious beliefs in general, no matter how moral they might be.

I see the point. And I actually agree that this would be the ideal solution. None the less, I still understand that many people simply aren't prepared to embrace the idea that there is no God at all. And this is why I think that, at the very least, atheists shouldn't shun a religion like Buddhism. I would much rather see people move over to Buddhism than to continue to remain in the immorality of Christianity or Islam.

At least that way we would have moral success, if not rational success. :D
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #3

Post by Bust Nak »

paarsurrey1 wrote: There are Atheism people who want Islam should be wiped off the face of the planet.
And how the atheists would like to implement it?
Education. There is an inverse relationship between education level and religiosity.
Is it a peaceful approach?
Yes.
Are such Atheism people “atheist Taliban�?
No.
What do they imagine to do to finish so much of population spread in almost all the countries in the whole world?
By throwing tonnes of resources at it.
No, it's the only sensible approach.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #4

Post by DanieltheDragon »

[Replying to post 1 by paarsurrey1]

The Talibanan seeks to mentally imprison it's subjects. Atheists that want to eradicate Islam seek to educate and illuminate theists. So please tell me how they are the same?
let me know when an Atheist shoots a girl with an ak-47 for attempting to go to school.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Tcg
Savant

Post #5

Post by Tcg »

paarsurrey1 wrote: Are such Atheism people “atheist Taliban�?
All I can say is that if someone approached an atheist with a promise of some number of virgins in the afterlife if they blew themselves up for the cause, the response would very likely be something like, "The afterlife? You must be joking, right?"
Yes, to attempt to convince an atheist to sacrifice their life for some irrational and unsupportable promise of some future "paradise" is not likely to motivate them in any way.

Wootah
Savant

Post #6

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 1 by paarsurrey1]

Well for one thing we could stop importing Islam.

Second, yes, the horrors of the 20th century was caused by the atheist taliban. I was reading about the French revolution recently and was surprised how many Christians and priests were murdered.

Someone will cry out education. Perhaps they mean that they need more education on how beautiful Islam is. Well Europe is getting that lesson all over again.

But yes i can't see how we avoid war at some point over this.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #7

Post by DanieltheDragon »

Wootah wrote: [Replying to post 1 by paarsurrey1]

Well for one thing we could stop importing Islam.

Second, yes, the horrors of the 20th century was caused by the atheist taliban. I was reading about the French revolution recently and was surprised how many Christians and priests were murdered.

Someone will cry out education. Perhaps they mean that they need more education on how beautiful Islam is. Well Europe is getting that lesson all over again.

But yes i can't see how we avoid war at some point over this.

Really the horrors of the 20th century were caused by the atheist Taliban?

As for the French Revolution you do realize that it was diests and Protestants overturning the Catholic Church not atheists. A Catholic Church that was highly corrupt that helped propel the French population into extreme poverty which ignited the revolution in the first place.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.