Post by EBA »

Tell me, what is "The Good News?"

Peace be to all.

Tcg
Savant

Post #21

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
So are YOU claiming cancer is not a bad thing? That it's a good thing? Are you claiming that that no problems exist?
No, you have falsely edited what Divine Insight actually said. Here is DI's actual statement:

'Therefore since cancer exists, and you claim your God created this world, and that cancer is obviously a "bad thing", then clearly your God is indeed the "bad news".'

Can you explain your motivation to misrepresent what DI actually said?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #22

Post by Divine Insight »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Divine Insight wrote:you claim ... that cancer is obviously a "bad thing
So are YOU claiming cancer is not a bad thing? That it's a good thing? Are you claiming that that no problems exist?

Is that your position?

JW
No, I'm claiming the humans did not invent or design cancer. Therefore if cancer is a bad thing (and I agree that it is), then the creator of cancer would be the "bad creator".

And that would be your God.

You can't blame humans for cancer.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #23

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Divine Insight wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:

Is that your position?

JW
No...
Okay so would it be fair to say you consder to such things as "problems" and/or "bad", as in not welcomed pleasant and agreable things?
Divine Insight wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: I don't think we need anyone to "prove" the bad new:
Sure you do. Everything you have listed sounds like nothing more than extreme paranoia to me.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #24

Post by Divine Insight »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Divine Insight wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:

Is that your position?

JW
No...
Okay so would it be fair to say you consder to such things as "problems" and/or "bad", as in not welcomed pleasant and agreable things?
Divine Insight wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: I don't think we need anyone to "prove" the bad new:
Sure you do. Everything you have listed sounds like nothing more than extreme paranoia to me.

JW

It is extreme paranoia if you are under the belief that you as a human are somehow to blame for these things.

This religion that you continually preach via your links to WatchTower propaganda ads apparently has convinced you that you are to blame for all the ills of the world.

The religion can easily be shown to be false, especially if you believe in Jesus.

How so? Well, consider the following Biblical Scripture:

Mark 16:
[15] And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
[16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
[17]
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
[18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them;
they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

So according to Jesus if you believe in him then you should be able to lay your hands on the sick, and they shall recover. And we should even be able to watch you do this since this is supposed to be a "sign" that follows those that believe.

I think it's fair to say that you cannot do this. Therefore only one of two things can be true:

1. Words attributed to Jesus are false.

OR

2. You don't truly believe in Jesus. Because after all, according to Jesus himself if you believe in him you should be able to do these things he said that you would be able to do.

So either the Jesus tales are fake, or you don't truly believe in Jesus.

Take your choice.

Unless, of course, you actually can lay your hands on the sick and they will recover. But I think we all know that's not the case.
[center]Image
[/center]

Prince
Scholar

Post #25

Post by Prince »

Divine Insight wrote:

This religion that you continually preach via your links to WatchTower propaganda ads apparently has convinced you that you are to blame for all the ills of the world.

The religion can easily be shown to be false, especially if you believe in Jesus.

How so? Well, consider the following Biblical Scripture:

Mark 16:
[15] And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
[16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
[17]
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
[18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them;

So according to Jesus if you believe in him then you should be able to lay your hands on the sick, and they shall recover. And we should even be able to watch you do this since this is supposed to be a "sign" that follows those that believe.

I think it's fair to say that you cannot do this. Therefore only one of two things can be true:

OR

2. You don't truly believe in Jesus. Because after all, according to Jesus himself if you believe in him you should be able to do these things he said that you would be able to do.

Take your choice.

Unless, of course, you actually can lay your hands on the sick and they will recover. But I think we all know that's not the case.

Not that JW's believe but the meaning you get is incorrect. Jesus was speaking in a spiritual sense not in a physical sense.

One cannot comprehend the deeper thoughts of God with a carnal mind.

"The Lord guides the humble to righteousness and He teaches the meek His way."

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #26

Post by Divine Insight »

Prince wrote:
Not that JW's believe but the meaning you get is incorrect. Jesus was speaking in a spiritual sense not in a physical sense.
The problem is Prince that this doesn't work either. Even if you claim that Jesus was talking about "spiritual sickness" the Christians can't even do that. All the Christians do is use Jesus to accuse each other of being spiritually sick.

Christians hate each other in Jesus' name. Just look at how they argue with each other about what they think Jesus supposedly meant. They argue with each other even more than they argue with non-Christians. They are also constantly complaining that the world is out of control and everyone is evil. So much for the idea that they could lay their hands on anyone and heal them from their "spiritual sickness".

So that excuse for this clearly failed prophesy doesn't work either. You'll need to come up with something better than that.
[center]Image
[/center]

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #27

Post by myth-one.com »

Divine Insight wrote:So that excuse for this clearly failed prophesy doesn't work either. You'll need to come up with something better than that.
Previously, Divine Insight wrote:Mark 16:
[17]

OR

Take your choice.

Actually, there is a third possibility.

Believers are to go into all the world and preach the gospel.

He that believeth (the gospel) and is baptized shall be saved, but he that believeth not (the gospel) shall be damned.

And these signs shall follow them that believe (the gospel); In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

If that is the meaning of these verses, one would have to actually know the gospel to preach the gospel.

Do you know of any organized Christian denomination which actually understands what the good news of the gospel is? The widely taught eternal torture in the lake of fire, for example, is good news to no one!

If none of the afore mentioned signs follow any of the believers, that simply proves that they are not teaching the true gospel message.

The signs will not follow those who believe and teach their own gospel.

And this is to be expected as the scriptures are sealed from mankind's understanding.

===================================================================
EBA wrote:Tell me, what is "The Good News?"
The Good News is that mortal mankind can individually choose between everlasting life or everlasting death.
John 3:16 wrote:For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
Believers shall have (future tense) everlasting life.

Nonbelievers opt out of life by perishing, never to live again. "Annihilation" if you prefer that word.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #28

Post by Divine Insight »

myth-one.com wrote: Do you know of any organized Christian denomination which actually understands what the good news of the gospel is? The widely taught eternal torture in the lake of fire, for example, is good news to no one!
Jesus is the one who taught that the unrighteous shall go the way of everlasting punishment.

And besides, Christian themselves cannot agree on what the Gospels teach. They argue with each other on this topic constantly.

Of course, the standard apology for this is that only ONE Christian denomination or interpretation is correct and all the rest are wrong. However, that apology itself fails miserably, because if it were true, the one denomination that got it right should stick out like a sore thumb, but that's not happening.

So the most likely scenario is that they are all wrong.

In fact, if there was one denomination that got it right they should be able to produce a theology that is not self-contradictory. Currently I am unaware of any such denomination of Christianity. In fact, I can't even see how that could be possible because the self-contradictions in the overall Bible are indefensible.

Keep in mind that many people who have rejected Christianity were at one time believers who tried to make the Bible work. So they are well aware of why that's not possible.
[center]Image
[/center]

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #29

Post by myth-one.com »

Divine Insight wrote:
myth-one.com wrote: Do you know of any organized Christian denomination which actually understands what the good news of the gospel is? The widely taught eternal torture in the lake of fire, for example, is good news to no one!
Jesus is the one who taught that the unrighteous shall go the way of everlasting punishment.
I agree with Jesus.

Yes, the punishment for sinning is an everlasting punishment.

Why do you believe that I claimed otherwise?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #30

Post by Divine Insight »

myth-one.com wrote:
Divine Insight wrote:
I agree with Jesus.

Yes, the punishment for sinning is an everlasting punishment.

Why do you believe that I claimed otherwise?
I don't. But do you think everlasting punishment is good news to anyone?

Also I should add: Do you think it's "Good News" that you are a sinner who deserves everlasting punishment and the only way you can be pardoned from this horrible predicament is to believe in Jesus?

As I often point out, it's only "good news" if you first believe the "bad news" (i.e. you deserve everlasting punishment)
[center]Image
[/center]