Tell me, what is "The Good News?"

Peace be to all.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Re: What is "The Good News?"

Post #231

Post by Checkpoint »

onewithhim wrote: [Replying to post 228 by Checkpoint]

It is ruling, but only over Jesus' own Church as of yet, preparing them for the end of this age, which will occur after the preaching work has been done to Jehovah's satisfaction. (Matt.24:14) Jesus' people are doing this preaching about the Kingdom, to bring hope to all the nations. Then the full manifestation of the Kingdom will occur. I think I explained this before. (Daniel 2:44)
Which JW's say has been the case since Pentecost.

Same ruling, same preaching work today, isn't it?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #232

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Checkpoint wrote:

It is ruling, but only over Jesus' own Church as of yet, preparing them for the end of this age, which will occur after the preaching work has been done to Jehovah's satisfaction. (Matt.24:14) Jesus' people are doing this preaching about the Kingdom, to bring hope to all the nations. Then the full manifestation of the Kingdom will occur. I think I explained this before. (Daniel 2:44)
Are you suggesting Jesus ruled over the Christian congregation before there WAS a Christian congregation? Is that like painting a wall before you build it?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #233

Post by Checkpoint »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:

Are you suggesting Jesus ruled over the Christian congregation before there WAS a Christian congregation? Is that like painting a wall before you build it?
No.

What was your point?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #234

[Replying to post 232 by Checkpoint]

The point is that in view of the above I presume you agree with the Jehovah's witness view that Jesus started ruling over the congregation in 33 and not before. So that is at least one kingdom that did not exist from the beginning of time.

The expression "God's kingdom has existed, is existing and will always exist" is just so much verbiage unless one identifies WHICH kingdom is being spoken of, because there is at least one that did not EXIST 3000 years ago.

So since we know one kingdom didn't even exist 3000 years ago, which one existed before Jesus came to earth?

So since we know one kingdom didn't even exist 3000 years ago, which one did Jesus teach his followers to pray for when he (Jesus) was on earth?

So since we know one kingdom didn't even exist 3000 years ago, which one did Jesus tell his Aposles his father was going (future) to give him?

Which one did James and John want prominent places in?

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #235

Post by Checkpoint »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 232 by Checkpoint]

The point is that in view of the above I presume you agree with the Jehovah's witness view that Jesus started ruling over the congregation in 33 and not before. So that is at least one kingdom that did not exist from the beginning of time.

The expression "God's kingdom has existed, is existing and will always exist" is just so much verbiage unless one identifies WHICH kingdom is being spoken of, because there is at least one that did not EXIST 3000 years ago.

So since we know one kingdom didn't even exist 3000 years ago, which one existed before Jesus came to earth?

So since we know one kingdom didn't even exist 3000 years ago, which one did Jesus teach his followers to pray for when he (Jesus) was on earth?

So since we know one kingdom didn't even exist 3000 years ago, which one did Jesus tell his Aposles his father was going (future) to give him?

Which one did James and John want prominent places in?
Identifying "which kingdom" is not a problem.

Our problem has been reaching a consensus about which the good news includes.

The recent posts from you and onewithhim suggest we are much closer than had earlier been evident.

Tcg
Savant

Post #236

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to post 1 by EBA]

The "Good News" is that there is a solution to the imaginary problem Christianity has created in order to con people into following Christianity.

The "Best News" is that the problem Christianity has created in order to con people into following Christianity is imaginary and therefore needs no solution.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #237

Post by onewithhim »

Checkpoint wrote:

Have you dismissed the JW understanding of "the kingdom of the Son of his love"?

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #238

Post by Checkpoint »

onewithhim wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:

Have you dismissed the JW understanding of "the kingdom of the Son of his love"?
No, at least not in principle.

The kingdom present, partly manifested, ruling, governing.

Is that not what we have today, and will have until its full manifestation?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #239

[Replying to post 237 by Checkpoint]

If you mean we must wait until God's government takes control of this our planet earth destroying all human governments so that there is one world government in the hands of Jesus ruling from heaven... then yes, I can agree with that.

Biblically the "good news" is the information regarding God's purpose to bring and end to human suffering, vindicate his name and establish universal and eternal peace.

JEHOVAHS WITNESS

- click on picture to enlarge -
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/book ... good-news/

RELATED POSTS

[quote]
What is God's Kingdom and what will it do?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 402#865402

What is God's Kingdom? [Q&A]
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 714#885714

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #240

Post by ttruscott »

To cut thru all the JW verbiage:
ttruscott wrote: The good news? People are sinners but can be saved from their addiction to sin and the legal consequences of that sin by faith, an unproven hope, in Christ as their Saviour.
Really folks, it is no more complicated than this.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.