Is this world out of CONTROL

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Is this world out of CONTROL

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

I thought this months Awake was really on the ball - sometimes listening to the News I feel that this world has gone completely mad.

Just sayin'

source: https://www.jw.org/en/publications/maga ... bible-say/
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Tcg
Savant

Post #21

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Line TWO We need to look to God's kingdom, the only solution to mankind's problems. Nothing will go beyond what He can repair.
You've yet to provide any evidence to conclude that there is such a thing as "God's kingdom". Given that you haven't done that, there is no reason to accept that this thing you haven't provided evidence for is the solution for "mankind's problems" which is another thing you haven't provided evidence for.

Your last sentence is simply an assertion based on that which you've provided no evidence for. In other words, this post is nothing more than a string of unsupported assertions which are based on other unsupported assertions.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #22

Post by Divine Insight »

brianbbs67 wrote: I would say to your question, No. Its all under God's control. He has slackened the reins for a while. But, once it's His chosen time, all will be revealed and He will be in control.
Where is there any credible evidence that the ancient myths that make these claims have any validity?

You may as well be repeating fairy lore that claims that the fairy Godmother will eventually come and save us.

There is simply no evidence to support these claims. In fact, to the contrary there is quite a bit of evidence that these ancient stories are false. Jesus preached that those who believe in him would be able to do greater works than he including healing the sick by simply laying their hands on the sick.

That is clearly a fallacy. Those who claim to believe in Jesus cannot do what Jesus proclaim would be a SIGN that would reveal who they are.

If you can heal the sick by laying your hands on them, then either Jesus doesn't exist, or you don't actually believe in him, because according to the Gospel legends Jesus himself claimed that you should be able to heal the sick.

So unless you can demonstrate this power that Jesus himself has proclaimed you should have, why should anyone believe in your Jesus anymore than they should believe in the Fairy Godmother?

Not only do you not have any evidence for your claims, but you can't even do what Jesus said you should be able to do.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #23

[Replying to post 21 by Tcg]

Line ONE: I acknowledge that you have made a comment. My understanding is that that forum is called random ramblings.

Line TWO: I refer to you my earlier post on this topic.
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 430#896430

(This is not a one line post)

JW

If you would like to talk to me about my faith feel free to post elsewhere, I might possibly consider answering you.

FURTHER READING
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 498#896498

Just sayin'

source: https://www.jw.org/en/publications/maga ... bible-say/

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #24

Post by brianbbs67 »

[Replying to post 22 by Divine Insight]

I can and have cast out demons. I think I will try healing next. My best friend has cancer. So, unless its God's will or his, that he go, I should be ok to go forward.;) I will let you know if it works. There is truly nothing left to lose, there. All avenues must be explored.

Neatras
Guru

Post #25

Post by Neatras »

brianbbs67 wrote: [Replying to post 22 by Divine Insight]

I can and have cast out demons. I think I will try healing next. My best friend has cancer. So, unless its God's will or his, that he go, I should be ok to go forward.;) I will let you know if it works. There is truly nothing left to lose, there. All avenues must be explored.
I sure can't wait for you to take credit for:
A. The doctors successfully treating the cancer.
B. "Helping him pass" so that he gets to heaven "as per God's will."

Either way, you win.

A sickening game you play, other peoples' lives merely props.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #26

Post by brianbbs67 »

Neatras wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote: [Replying to post 22 by Divine Insight]

I sure can't wait for you to take credit for:
A. The doctors successfully treating the cancer.
B. "Helping him pass" so that he gets to heaven "as per God's will."

Either way, you win.

A sickening game you play, other peoples' lives merely props.
it can't be done then? I don't brag. These were given to us. If, we believe.

As to my friend, he is either at his end or close. Only God knows that. But, I will try.

Tcg
Savant

Post #27

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
My understanding is that that forum is called random ramblings.
Your understanding about this forum matches mine. I'm not sure what that has to do with the facts I presented however.
If you would like to talk to me about my faith feel free to post elsewhere, I might possibly consider answering you.
Why would I want to talk to you about your faith? It is clearly on display here. What isn't is any evidence to support your claims. If there were clear evidence, faith wouldn't be needed.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #28

Post by Divine Insight »

JehovahsWitness wrote: If you would like to talk to me about my faith feel free to post elsewhere, I might possibly consider answering you.
Why would we need to talk to you about your faith? We already know precisely what you believe. All we need to do is read the Jehovah's Witnesses Watchtower and we'll know precisely what you believe.

Clearly you have no thoughts of your own since all you ever do is point to the Watchtower.

Not only that, but if you disagree with the Watchtower then you have abandoned the Jehovah Witnesses clan. You can no longer lay claim to their label.

So you can have nothing independent to offer. All you can do is pass out JW's propaganda like an obedient robot. If you dare to start offering a different opinion from what's in the JW literature, then you instantly commit apostasy against the Jehovah's Witnesses religious cult.

So if you and I sat down, you wouldn't need to tell me what you think you believe. Instead, I could just sit there and read from the JW's Watchtower and dictate to you what you necessarily must believe. Because if you disagree with the JW's Watchtower, then you can no longer claim to be a Jehovah's Witness.

JW's are a very specific religious cult where they are taught precisely what they must believe. There is no freedom on your part to have an alternative opinion. That would be apostasy against the JW cult.

So no one needs to ask you what you believe. All we need to do is read the Watchtower and we'll know precisely what you have been told that you MUST BELIEVE.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #29

Post by Bust Nak »

Divine Insight wrote: All you can do is pass out JW's propaganda like an obedient robot.
:warning: Moderator Warning

Please refrain from personal remarks. The usual rules still apply in Random Ramblings.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #30

[Replying to post 27 by Tcg]

This forum is called random ramblings, I point this out because this is where posts with no clear point of debate belong. I chose to post here because I did not come here to debate.

If you don't want to talk to me about my faith that's just fine. Have a most excellent weekend,

Goodbye,

JW