Is this world out of CONTROL

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Is this world out of CONTROL

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

I thought this months Awake was really on the ball - sometimes listening to the News I feel that this world has gone completely mad.

Just sayin'

source: https://www.jw.org/en/publications/maga ... bible-say/
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Tcg
Savant

Post #31

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
This forum is called random ramblings, I point this out because this is where posts with no clear point of debate belong. I chose to post here because I did not come here to debate.
That's fine, it doesn't however preclude others from adding their random ramblings in response to yours.
If you don't want to talk to me about my faith that's just fine.
Your offer to talk about your faith in response to my observation that you didn't provide any evidence to support your claim is rather puzzling. I can't imagine any endeavor other than pushing religious propaganda where one would respond in such a manner.

If I were to express interest in buying a used car and the owner assured me they own the car outright, I'd ask to see the title. If their response was something like, "let me tell you about my faith in my ownership", I'd keep a close eye on my wallet. A similar response is appropriate whenever a set up line like that is used.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #32

[Replying to post 31 by Tcg]

Feel free.

I believe people should be free to do as they please as long as it does not cause harm or incite to violence.

As I was saying many feel this world is out of control...

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Tcg
Savant

Post #33

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Feel free.

I do and I am.
As I was saying many feel this world is out of control...
All I saw was you avoiding providing evidence of any kind and an attempt to convince me to change the subject to a discussion of your faith. Yours was nothing but an attempt to set up gullible people to accept your unsupported "feelings" to con them into thinking you have a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

That is the domain of all religion. Providing solutions to problems that don't exist.

Thankfully, I am not gullible enough to fall for your set up. Sadly, many will be.

Neatras
Guru

Post #34

Post by Neatras »

[Replying to post 33 by Tcg]

But didn't you hear him? Many people feel like the world's out of control. What if some of those people are scientists? Or experts? *gasp* There's no way of knowing for sure just how bad things are. If people feel like the world is out of control, that's obviously because it is, otherwise they wouldn't feel that way, right?!

The above is, of course, an absurdist charade to highlight the kind of reaction JW is attempting to draw out of gullible people. Understanding the principle of his manipulative rhetoric is key in pointing out its flaws. We've already demonstrated the world's standard of living is globally increasing (with some local decreases). Any more on his part amounts to, you guessed it, rhetoric. If he simply says "some people feel this way," he's not pushing an argument, therefore it's our fault for trying to criticize him. Why criticize him when he's just making a statement about peoples' feelings?

The answer to that is quite simple. Because fearmongering should be called out, and those who use it ought to feel ashamed.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #35

Neatras wrote:Why criticize him when he's just making a statement about peoples' feelings?
Thank you! People's feelings should not be dismissed and if there is reason to believe the world is NOT out of control, then that's fine too.

JW

Neatras
Guru

Post #36

Post by Neatras »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Neatras wrote:Why criticize him when he's just making a statement about peoples' feelings?
Thank you! People's feelings should not be dismissed and if there is reason to believe the world is NOT out of control, then that's fine too.

JW
Mate, I was being sarcastic. You evidently read my post and pushed your own interpretation of my tone into the text, discarded all the pieces you didn't like, and then assumed I was saying something positive to you.

I wasn't. You are fear-mongering, and it's disgusting. Someone's feelings are not justification to avoid criticism. I will criticize you, I will tear apart your fallacious reasoning, and I will do so with a smile on my face because people who hide behind "innocent speculation" to preach fear and destruction deserve to be ridiculed; but on this forum a sound logical argument will do to put your "musings" in their place: the garbage bin.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #37

Neatras wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:

JW
Mate, I was being sarcastic. .

Oh I see. I'm sorry sarcasm is difficult to pick up in writing, my mistake.

No offense intended,

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS