If there was life elsewhere...

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

SaulToPaul
Student

If there was life elsewhere...

Post #1

Post by SaulToPaul »

Then the Sovereignty of Jehovah should not be an issue... But it is.

If life existed elsewhere, then Jehovah would have no point to prove. His sovereignty would already have been vindicated, and there would be no need to keep up with allowing suffering to continue. He could simply destroy the rebels, and move on.

Adam and Eve and Satan all rebelled at the same time. He could have simply destroyed them and started fresh, but it's not like there was only those 3 involved. There were hundreds of millions of angels paying attention to how Jehovah handled this situation. If Jehovah would have destroyed Satan, Adam and Eve, then no point would have been proven. Jehovah would have just been a tyrant. Instead, he allowed all to partake in this scenario that has been underway for over 6,000 years. He has given us every opportunity to rule ourselves to show that we can not rule ourselves. Have we done a good job? He has allowed Satan chance after chance to attempt to do what only Jehovah can do, which is, create peace and serenity. Paradise. Has he been able to?

Do you know that Satan won the first round? When Jehovah allowed Satan to live, Satan and his demons (simply bad angels) had fun, instead of doing what Jehovah allowed Satan to do (create peace). The world was so bad in round one, that Jehovah had to flood the world to remove the wicked. And unfortunately, Satan had to be given another chance. This time though, he and his demons were confined to heaven, able to travel only in spirit form. No more physical form. No more mating with human women.

So, in round two (the current round), Satan still has dominion over the world, but there are clearly defined rules. Jehovah has known that Satan is going to fail. There are so many prophecies about it. But that has not stopped Satan from trying. Nor mankind.

After it's all said and done, after the resurrection, when Satan is destroyed, and all of the wicked are once again destroyed, once and for all, then the earth will be returned to it's paradise state, as was originally intended. At that point, if an angel were to stand up and do what Satan did, or an human were to stand up and do what Adam and Eve did, saying "I or we think we can do Jehovah's job better than Him", then Jehovah would have no cause to let the new rebels live. The point has been proven. All of intelligent creation will be able to stand up in union, and say with a loud voice "NO YOU CAN'T!", and peace and security can reign for eternity. History will have been written. He gave us and Satan ample opportunity to create peace. He and we have failed.

When you start to look at things like this, everything starts to make sense. It's logical.

All life has free will. Only humans and angels truly understand what that means. There is no such thing as "it was God's will". The only "will" he has, is that all come to repentance and come back to him as willing slaves. But, that is still the problem. No one wants to give up their life to do Jehovah's will.

Give it up. You are fighting a losing battle. Here is something very important: Everyone who dies before the resurrection will be given a second chance at the resurrection. But those who do not make the correct choice and die at Armageddon, they die for eternity. That time will probably happen very shortly. Fortunately for you, you won't go to Hell, because it doesn't exist. Romans 6:23 "the wages of sin is death", not "the wages of sin is Hell". When you die, you. Are. Dead. Period. No soul. You ARE the soul, as referred to in the Bible. One other scripture to prove that you don't go to Hell; Jeremiah 7:31 "They have built the high places of To'pheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hin'nom, in order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, something that I had not commanded and that had never even come into my heart." These are Jehovah's words.

These are things that the Word says. If you want to know a lot more logical reasoning, I would love to teach you what is known to Jehovah's Witnesses as "The Truth".

God is love. He is only allowing things to happen because he has to. If he intervenes, then the point won't be proven. Come to him while you can. There are almost 9 million of us, and we are most definitely not a cult, lol. Type "define: cult" into Google. We worship Jehovah, not a man, and we are not sinister. We are true Christians. Do you know what the word Christian means? "Christ-like". If you claim Christianity, then you are REQUIRED to walk as that one did. To the very best of your ability.

I hope to hear from you. I can answer your questions, and if I can't, I can get the answer. The Holy Spirit is amazing.

Best regards,

-Paul

Monta
Guru

Post #61

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 56 by tam]

"One can even listen if one asks Christ to read to them what is written, and He does so. Then one is listening to His voice, and allowing Him to read to you, even as you read along. He read his prayer to the Father to me once, in His voice, as I read along. I heard (understood and saw) things I had never understood before listening to His words in His voice. I heard His great love in His voice. That is not an experience that leaves you. That is not a love that you forget. "

As the Lord's Prayer are His direct words, I am sure there is a lot of meaning in it.
With couple of friends we are studying the Lord's Prayer at the moment.
Can you share some insights from your understanding of it.

tam
Savant

Post #62

Post by tam »

Peace to you Monta,
Monta wrote: [Replying to post 56 by tam]

"One can even listen if one asks Christ to read to them what is written, and He does so. Then one is listening to His voice, and allowing Him to read to you, even as you read along. He read his prayer to the Father to me once, in His voice, as I read along. I heard (understood and saw) things I had never understood before listening to His words in His voice. I heard His great love in His voice. That is not an experience that leaves you. That is not a love that you forget. "

As the Lord's Prayer are His direct words, I am sure there is a lot of meaning in it.
With couple of friends we are studying the Lord's Prayer at the moment.
Can you share some insights from your understanding of it.

It was not the "Our Father" prayer. That was a teaching prayer. It was His prayer to His Father at John 17.

Someone had just said to me that this was not a public prayer, and I had never considered that before. (even though He was overheard, but this was not a teaching prayer, this was between Him and His Father)

So I decided to read it again with that in mind. I discovered as I was reading along, that I was hearing His words as well, and that I could hear the LOVE IN His words... and how very much He truly wanted for us what He was asking His Father about.

I did not truly or completely understand that before.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy