Why would God create inequalities?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

marco
Savant

Why would God create inequalities?

Post #1

Post by marco »

People like Rousseau felt that man is born free. However, man is born with inherited powers or disabilities, courtesy of God, if we believe he is the artisan. Jesus tried to rectify some of these design flaws: making a few blind people see and some deaf people hear rather than make a general proclamation that ALL blind and deaf people would be healed forthwith. Lepers, also, he might have added.

In his lecture tour, Jesus addressed everyone as though they all had the same capacity to understand his sometimes complex phraseology. We see on this forum how simple sentences take on a perplexing variety of meanings, depending on one's religious persuasion.

Why would God give people powerful gifts of understanding and deprive others of the basics? Is it Adam's fault, once again, that there are people who are unable to do the simplest things, thanks to how they were born?

Or can we deduce that this vast variety in humankind's abilities shows chance, not God, busily at work?

Tiberius47
Apprentice

Re: Why would God create inequalities?

Post #11

Post by Tiberius47 »

marco wrote: People like Rousseau felt that man is born free. However, man is born with inherited powers or disabilities, courtesy of God, if we believe he is the artisan. Jesus tried to rectify some of these design flaws: making a few blind people see and some deaf people hear rather than make a general proclamation that ALL blind and deaf people would be healed forthwith. Lepers, also, he might have added.

In his lecture tour, Jesus addressed everyone as though they all had the same capacity to understand his sometimes complex phraseology. We see on this forum how simple sentences take on a perplexing variety of meanings, depending on one's religious persuasion.

Why would God give people powerful gifts of understanding and deprive others of the basics? Is it Adam's fault, once again, that there are people who are unable to do the simplest things, thanks to how they were born?

Or can we deduce that this vast variety in humankind's abilities shows chance, not God, busily at work?
[Moderator removed one-line, non-contributing post. Kindly refrain from making posts that contribute nothing to debate and/or simply express agreement / disagreement or make other frivolous remarks.

For complementing or agreeing use the "Like" function or the MGP button. For anything else use PM.

imhereforyou
Scholar

Post #12

Post by imhereforyou »

[Replying to post 11 by Tiberius47]

That would solve a lot of issues in the world and most in here. But I wonder what other issues it would create?

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #13

Post by ttruscott »

marco wrote:Why would God give people powerful gifts of understanding and deprive others of the basics? Is it Adam's fault, once again, that there are people who are unable to do the simplest things, thanks to how they were born?
Why would God create inequalities? HE would not. IF we start with that then we arrive at a much different place in our thoughts than if we presume that because we can see inequalities, HE must have created them.

A lovingly righteous GOD would never create inequalities especially if these inequalities result in the suffering, maybe eternal suffering, of some people. Therefore it is a must to contend that any inequalities we can see were created some other way than by HIS creative decree at their creation. So, we must ask, was there any other mechanism in place by which the inequalities you mention may have been imposed upon people who were created equally ingenuously innocent?

OF course we find that there is - our free will. WE destroyed our equality by choosing to be evil in HIS sight which had attenuating natural and legal consequences that separated us into a descending hierarchy of foolishness and suffering. IF sin causes all the differences between humans and the holy angels and between humans themselves and IF all sin was by our own free will then choosing to be evil by our free will solves all the moral dilemma of the obvious inequalities of our existence with no need to reject GOD.

Those who accept that GOD does indeed create some people evil in Adam or by any reason at all are accepting a blasphemy which doesn't describe the GOD who is lovingly righteous in the least. Therefore it may be proper to ask orthodoxy these questions but the answer I provide gives an answer proper to Biblical ideology and therefore supports GOD's possible existence...at least it doesn't force a conclusion that such a GOD cannot exist because we see inequalities in our world. All your suggestion does is take people off the hook for choosing to be what they are by shifting the blame to another especially when considering that their sinful lives of suffering perfectly match the evil they chose against HIM.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Savant

Post #14

Post by 1213 »

rikuoamero wrote: 1213, one of the reasons I am no longer a Christian is because I did just what you suggested. I know I have told you this before, and I probably will again.
I asked God for answers, for understanding and God was completely silent,
Sorry, I don’t remember if you have already said, but please tell once more:
If you asked understanding, what is the matter you still don’t understand?
And what is the question that you didn’t get an answer?

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #15

Post by rikuoamero »

1213 wrote:
rikuoamero wrote: 1213, one of the reasons I am no longer a Christian is because I did just what you suggested. I know I have told you this before, and I probably will again.
I asked God for answers, for understanding and God was completely silent,
Sorry, I don’t remember if you have already said, but please tell once more:
If you asked understanding, what is the matter you still don’t understand?
And what is the question that you didn’t get an answer?
Here is what I expected you to do. In your initial response to this, where you claim that help is available [from God], you did not put any qualifications on what exactly the help would be i.e. that God would only answer specific questions.
Now that you are asking me what question I asked of God, this would be a case of you moving the goalposts.
Before, you claimed that help is available, that all one need do is ask for it, and that the reason us atheists say they don't hear anything is because
some people just don’t want to hear the truth. They shut their eyes and ears so that they could not hear or see and then I think it is not God’s fault but people’s own choice.

This is not true about me. I was once a very devouted Christian. I asked God for understanding, and God was silent.
I wanted to hear God, to serve God. When I asked God, and God did not answer me, I was not what you said up there in red.
I wanted to hear truth. I had my eyes and ears open.

I asked you a question before, and you did not answer that one. If I give you a phone number for a relative, only for you to try it and it doesn't work, the phone says it's an invalid number, would it make sense for me to blame you, to say "1213 does not want to contact his relative"?

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

Willum
Savant

Post #16

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 15 by rikuoamero]

Perhaps 1213 believes that if you ask him the question, God will have sent him to you to give you the answer.

God works in mysterious ways, no?

Anything to avoid the omnipotent creature that isn't in the room.

Savant

Post #17

Post by 1213 »

rikuoamero wrote: Here is what I expected you to do. In your initial response to this, where you claim that help is available [from God], you did not put any qualifications on what exactly the help would be i.e. that God would only answer specific questions.
Bible tells the specific help would be wisdom:

But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach; and it will be given to him.
James 1:5

It is not direct answer to some question, but wisdom that can help person to understand things.
rikuoamero wrote:This is not true about me. I was once a very devouted Christian. I asked God for understanding, and God was silent.
What did you think the answer should be?

I don’t think giving understanding means that God says something. The wisdom and understanding can come in many ways.
rikuoamero wrote:I wanted to hear God, to serve God. When I asked God, and God did not answer me, I was not what you said up there in red.
That is interesting. I think God has told all important things in the Bible. Person who wants to really hear God, can read the Bible.
rikuoamero wrote:I asked you a question before, and you did not answer that one. If I give you a phone number for a relative, only for you to try it and it doesn't work, the phone says it's an invalid number, would it make sense for me to blame you, to say "1213 does not want to contact his relative"?
I think that is poor parable, has nothing to do with how God acts. But anyway, if I would be in that situation, I would try later again, because there may be good reasons why the expected answer didn’t come as I thought it should come. And if it wouldn’t work, then I would ask, why didn’t it work, did you give right number and so on. If the problem is really not in me, or you, then there is nothing to blame in me or you.

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #18

Post by rikuoamero »

[Replying to post 17 by 1213]
I think that is poor parable, has nothing to do with how God acts.
No, it is a good parable, in that it has with what you did. You suggest that people ask God for understanding, and when I report back to you that I did that in the past and yet nothing happened, your response was to blame me as if I had not really wanted to do it at all, just like in my parable where I blame you and say that you didn't really want to contact your relative.
But anyway, if I would be in that situation, I would try later again, because there may be good reasons why the expected answer didn’t come as I thought it should come.
So...you would ignore completely the part where I blame you? Where I say that 1213 does not really want to contact his relative? You don't respond to what I'm saying about you?
And if it wouldn’t work, then I would ask, why didn’t it work, did you give right number and so on.
Just like I have responded to you and others in the past. You say to ask God for understanding and when I report back that I didn't get it, I ask why didn't it work, etc.
If the problem is really not in me, or you, then there is nothing to blame in me or you.
So why is it that in Post 6 you said
So, if someone thinks he has problems with understanding, the help is available. But it seems to me that the real problem is that some people just don’t want to hear the truth. They shut their eyes and ears so that they could not hear or see
Does your statement from Post 6 still stand, or are you going to admit it is wrong, an error, a mistake to say that, and that you now repudiate it?

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

Savant

Post #19

Post by 1213 »

rikuoamero wrote: So why is it that in Post 6 you said
So, if someone thinks he has problems with understanding, the help is available. But it seems to me that the real problem is that some people just don’t want to hear the truth. They shut their eyes and ears so that they could not hear or see
Does your statement from Post 6 still stand, or are you going to admit it is wrong, an error, a mistake to say that, and that you now repudiate it?
I don't think it is wrong and I still must remain in that thought, because you didn’t give a proper answer to the question “what didn’t you get�. You report that you asked understanding and claim you didn’t get understanding. Please tell, what did you expect when you asked understanding? If there is no matter that you don’t understand, doesn’t it mean that you got the understanding? If you still have a matter that you don’t understand, please tell what it is and I believe you will get the help? If you don’t want to answer to that question, I have to assume you don’t really want to hear and receive what you claim you asked.

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #20

Post by rikuoamero »

1213 wrote:
rikuoamero wrote: So why is it that in Post 6 you said
I don't think it is wrong and I still must remain in that thought, because you didn’t give a proper answer to the question “what didn’t you get�. You report that you asked understanding and claim you didn’t get understanding. Please tell, what did you expect when you asked understanding? If there is no matter that you don’t understand, doesn’t it mean that you got the understanding? If you still have a matter that you don’t understand, please tell what it is and I believe you will get the help? If you don’t want to answer to that question, I have to assume you don’t really want to hear and receive what you claim you asked.
It seems that you don't understand what I am talking about. Reread the part in red. It describes people who ask for God as not really wanting to hear the truth.

I did (and still do) want to hear the truth. When I was younger, when I was a Christian, I asked God for understanding, for wisdom. I wanted truth.
This means that what you said (the part in red) is false. You are saying things about people that is clearly false.
Just like in my parable where I say that 1213 doesn't really want to contact his relative. In my parable, that is false.