Concept of Trinity

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Concept of Trinity

Post #1

Post by TheTruth101 »

Many mainstream Christianity theology nowdays have forgotten all about the original concept of Trininty. This forum and the members here are prabably the only ones that know the original concept of it, since I am about to provide it for you.

The original concept of Trinity relies on 1 Body, 1 Soul, 1 Spirit.

This heavily realies on ONENESS.
This is the original philosphy of Jesus Christ.

It simply means, 1 Body (YOU) that we are given in our first life carries our 1 Soul (YOU) that goes onto eternity and that soul is judged by 1 Spirit (God) which is also within you thorughout your whole entire life.

This works in divine ways, however, nowaday Christians have forgotten all about the original concept (heavilly due to Constantine) and have considered the TRINITY as only a symbol of divine nature. Father, Begotten Son, and the Holy Spirit concluding to Trininty.

The truth of the matter is, only the old school and pretenitous scholars know of the concept, and many keep it to themselves due to the push from the Vatican.

Again, the original concept of Trininty preaches ONENESS.

The spiritual philosphy of Christ which the core was of Trinity was not only in praise of the divine nature, it was a spiritual philophy of the mankind, meaning it was geared towards us human beings as well.

Refer to 0:12 of the Video, Christ is not drawing a line across the sand to keep the pharicees from crossing over. (lol)

Again, he preached ONENESS.

[youtube][/youtube][/b]

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Concept of Trinity

Post #2

Post by McCulloch »

TheTruth101 wrote: Many mainstream Christianity theology nowdays have forgotten all about the original concept of Trininty.
All mainstream Christian theologians have studied the history and the biblical basis for the concept of Trinity. Historically, this concept has been a very important one to Christianity. It would be impossible to study Christian theology and avoid this topic.
TheTruth101 wrote: This forum and the members here are prabably the only ones that know the original concept of it, since I am about to provide it for you.
The concept of Trinity dates back to at least the second century. Are you indicating that this doctrine has been distorted and forgotten these several centuries and that you, perhaps an inspired prophet of God, have been sent to reveal His Truth to the ignorant?
TheTruth101 wrote: The original concept of Trinity relies on 1 Body, 1 Soul, 1 Spirit.
This forum is entitled "Bible Study". Please provide a biblical basis for this statement.
TheTruth101 wrote: This heavily realies on ONENESS.
There is nothing in the recorded teachings of Jesus of Nazareth that indicate that he had any working knowledge of the concept of trinity, as it was taught by the Church Fathers. Except for a few, albeit ambiguous passages, where he is said to have claimed to be God. Trinity is the theological and philosophical attempt to answer the paradox, unique to Christianity, of there being one God but three identifiable persons of God: Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by TheTruth101 »

McCulloch wrote:
TheTruth101 wrote: Many mainstream Christianity theology nowdays have forgotten all about the original concept of Trininty.
All mainstream Christian theologians have studied the history and the biblical basis for the concept of Trinity. Historically, this concept has been a very important one to Christianity. It would be impossible to study Christian theology and avoid this topic.
TheTruth101 wrote: This forum and the members here are prabably the only ones that know the original concept of it, since I am about to provide it for you.
The concept of Trinity dates back to at least the second century. Are you indicating that this doctrine has been distorted and forgotten these several centuries and that you, perhaps an inspired prophet of God, have been sent to reveal His Truth to the ignorant?
TheTruth101 wrote: The original concept of Trinity relies on 1 Body, 1 Soul, 1 Spirit.
This forum is entitled "Bible Study". Please provide a biblical basis for this statement.
There is nothing in the recorded teachings of Jesus of Nazareth that indicate that he had any working knowledge of the concept of trinity, as it was taught by the Church Fathers. Except for a few, albeit ambiguous passages, where he is said to have claimed to be God. Trinity is the theological and philosophical attempt to answer the paradox, unique to Christianity, of there being one God but three identifiable persons of God: Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

Hello Muccollach,

Under Genesis,

God (Spirit) created man out of dust. Here establishes Body.

Then God (Spirit) blew into Man nostrils to give him a sense of "being". Here establishes Soul.

The God (Spirit) was doing the works. Here establishes Spirit.

The final, " I am Alpha and Omega, the beggining and the end."

Alpha and Omega means "everything" meaning God is YOU as well. Here establishes Spirit (God) witihn your or/ in your body with you.

Trinity, 1 Body, 1 Soul, 1 Spirit (God).

I am not a prophet, Prophets were in literal communion is God. (They exchanged words literally etc).

The Tongue
Under Probation

Post #4

Post by The Tongue »

McCulloch wrote:
[McCulloch wrote]........The concept of Trinity dates back to at least the second century.

When and by whom, was the concept of the Hindu Triad God first conceived? Brahma, who was born from the navel of Vishnu while lying on the serpent in the Milky Ocean, being the first member of the Triad. Vishnu the saviour, being the second member, and Shiva the destroyer and co-creator of the cosmos, who is also represented in the form of a serpent, being the third member.

Brahma, is the divine reality of the universe, the eternal spirit from which all being originates and to which all must return at the close of each period of visible manifestation or each period of universal activity.

Brahma eternally evolves, in that the universal mind that develops in each period of activity, or each generation of the universe, enters into Brahma when all being is returned to him. According to their belief, Krishna, who is the eighth manifestation of Vishnu, from whom Brahma was born, at the close of this period of universal activity, (When the cosmic serpent disappears by swallowing his tail) enters into Brahma as the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

My interpolation bracketed in blue.

Jacob Simonsky
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by Jacob Simonsky »

[Replying to post 1 by TheTruth101]

The concept of trinity long predates any of the Abrahamic belief systems.

There exists as a "cause" the Will of God (the creator)
There exists those annointed spirits which administer this Will (Christ)
There exists the greater group of human souls externalized on Earth (Humanity)

There it is kids... Cause, means and justification

Shalom
Please do not ask me to provide evidence of what I claim. I have no interest in persuading anyone to believe as I do.

Jew, Christian and Muslim... all equal in G-d's eye.

Platypus
Student

Post #6

Post by Platypus »

[Replying to TheTruth101]

The Trinity from my understanding is the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit as being one God.

The Two witnesses or the two messiahs, are the Father and the son.

The son has already come as Jesus, who fulfilled many aspects of the law and prophets by being a substitute for the sacrificial lamb.

The second messiah is the Father who brings the wrath of God upon humanity for rejecting the law and the prophets.

When Jesus speaks of his second coming he is referring both of his Father as they are one and also of his appearance with all his power.

Just as Jesus was born to a woman, so will the second messiah the Father be born to a woman near the end of time.

The anti-Christ will rise up and establish his empire upon the Earth. His empire is overthrown by the Second messiah who will rule all nations with a rod of iron as referred to in Revelations, then Jesus Christ returns for the thousand year reign establishing peace and Love for all humanity. After the thousand year reign, Satan is loosed for a little while and is overcome and placed in perpetual torment for rejecting all that God has done.

Robert H
Student

Post #7

Post by Robert H »

Well, you cannot quote anything from the Bible about the Trinity because the Bible doesn't mention it. The Old Testament has none of it and the Jesus certainly never taught any such thing. Use your fancy computer search software and search the word "trinity" and you will get back a big 0!

The concept didn't come around until 2nd century, into the 3rd and ratified in the 4th by Constantine's reformed Christianity. The problem arises from trying to change a plural God Christianity to a singular god. They try to use Jesus' teachings of oneness to convince people that he speaks of the corporeal nature of the Father and the Son. So, you are right my friend, His oneness is of goal and unity, just like he wanted his apostles to be one with them.

So to sum up, the trinity concept is not biblical. A Christian who subscribes to such doctrine needs to read the text again, this time dispelling any man-made ideas given to them. That is hard to do though, normally such concepts are taught by parents and are hard to give up.

Overcomer
Guru

Post #8

Post by Overcomer »

God presents himself as a Trinity right from the beginning and throughout the Bible. It starts in Genesis when the plural Elohim is used with a singular verb. We are talking about one God who exists in three persons, all of whom are identical in essence, in eternality, and in ability, not just in purpose.

The word "essence" is the key here. God the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are part and parcel of the same being, making them a Trinity or a Triune God. I am, talking about their ontology, that is, what makes them who they are.

The Bible states clearly that there is only one God.

Deuteronomy 6:4:
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

Isaiah 43:10-11:
10 “You are my witnesses,� declares the LORD,
“and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.
11 I, even I, am the LORD,
and apart from me there is no savior.

Isaiah 44:6-8:
6 “This is what the LORD says—
Israel’s King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty:
I am the first and I am the last;
apart from me there is no God.
7 Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it.
Let him declare and lay out before me
what has happened since I established my ancient people,
and what is yet to come—
yes, let them foretell what will come.
8 Do not tremble, do not be afraid.
Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago?
You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me?
No, there is no other Rock
; I know not one.�

1 Corinthians 8:6:
Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

Isaiah 45:5:
I am the Lord, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I equip you, though you do not know me.

These passages show clearly that there is only ONE God, not multiple gods. The Bible states clearly that Yahweh is God. I think we can agree on that. But the Bible also states that Jesus Christ is God. In Phil. 2:5-11, we read:

"In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

The first phrase refers to Christ’s pre-existence. The word translated as ‘being’ is a participle rather than a finite verb which implies that Christ has always existed. The word “nature� refers to Christ’s very being – his essence, his ontology -- and those qualities which make him God, without which he would not and could not be God. Therefore, this statement clearly asserts that Christ is and has always been God.

There are other verses in which Christ is called God. For example, Titus 2:13 states that "we……wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ."

The apostle Peter similarly addresses his second epistle (2 Peter 1:1) to…. those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours.

John calls him God in 1 John 5:20 which reads, "And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know shim who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life."

A further example is the “I AM� title which Jesus ascribes to Himself in John 8:58 (“before Abraham was born, I am!�). The Greek (ego eimi) uses the very same phraseology used in the Septuagint in reference to Yahweh (e.g. Exodus 3:14; Isaiah 43:10).

There are many more verses I could have quoted, but I think these make my point.
There are also numerous verses that make the deity and personhood of the Holy Spirit clear. One of the most blatant occurs in Acts 5:1-10, in which Ananias and Sapphira are charged with lying to the Holy Spirit and struck down dead as a consequence. Peter rebukes Ananias, saying, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit…You have not lied just to human beings but to God.�

And he shares eternality with God and Jesus as Heb. 9:14 states that the Holy Spirit is eternal (“Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God�).

It is immaterial that the word "trinity" does not appear in the Bible. The concept does. The label "trinity" was applied to what the Bible reveals about God -- and it reveals that God is Triune.

If Jesus were not God, he could not have saved us. The sacrifice to atone for our sins had to be sin-free himself. Since all humans are born with sin natures that we cannot change, we could not save ourselves. Christ could be the sacrifice because he was 100 per cent man AND 100 per cent God which meant that he was sin-free.

The Trinity was always understood right from the start in the first century. The word itself was coined by Tertullian in 215 A.D. We have Athanasius to thank for maintaining the doctrine of the Trinity in the face of threats from heretics such as Arius.

I recommend Putting Jesus in His Place by Robert Bowman and J. Ed Komoszewski. It explains the Trinity in great detail. The argument can also be found online here, albeit in a much briefer form:

http://irr.org/biblical-basis-of-doctrine-of-trinity

Bowman quotes some 300 verses which support the doctrine of the Trinity.

These articles also explain it well:

https://bible.org/seriespage/session-8- ... al-defense

https://bible.org/article/trinity-triunity-god

http://www.reclaimingthemind.org/blog/2 ... scripture/

Eliyahu
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by Eliyahu »

Bs'd

Debate about the trinity does not belong in "Bible study" for the simple reason that the trinity is nowhere to be found in the Bible.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by ttruscott »

I think Trinitarianism follows directly from GOD IS LOVE.

For love to be real, it must have an object for its love. Love without a beloved is highly suspect...(I mean, think about it. Who is the single god loving? Himself?) A relationship of caring and attention is a necessary part of love.

I know we are getting innured to believing in a void full of formless love from Eastern religions but even they, in the end, admit that love retards the person on his path to nirvanah, one reason I turned against them.

So three members of the trinity in a loving relationship fulfills GOD IS LOVE for me just fine. The fact that Satan got his religions in place with fake triunes first is immaterial.

Now, how do I describe this THREE are ONE, knowing all such descriptions fall short and thus open us to all kinds of accusations...

We have no problem identifying a human as part of humanity because we all share the same human attributes.

What is so strange about identifying the Divine Persons from (some of) their Divine attributes?

God the Father is an intelligent, self aware Person capable of pure love and true free will and who is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent.

God the Son is an intelligent, self aware Person capable of pure love and true free will and who is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent.

God the Holy Spirit is an intelligent, self aware Person capable of pure love and true free will and who is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent.

The Divine attributes of these three people form a complete unity called The ONE TRUE LIVING GOD, such that when speaking of them in their unity, the word ONE is the perfect word to use.

This GOD is considered by Christians to be our Creator and the sum goodness of all life. God the Son is also the one we know as God incarnate, the man Jesus.

Peace, Ted
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.