Is the Anti-Christ the devil incarnate?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Claire Evans
Guru

Is the Anti-Christ the devil incarnate?

Post #1

Post by Claire Evans »

Is the Anti-Christ the devil in the flesh or is he just a man appointed by the devil to rule the world?

Also, who do you believe the Anti-Christ is?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #31

Post by onewithhim »

Claire Evans wrote:
2timothy316 wrote: The Greek term has a twofold meaning. It refers to that which is anti, or opposed to, Christ. It may also refer to a false Christ, one in the place of Christ. All people, organizations, or groups that falsely claim to represent Christ or claim to be the Messiah or that oppose Christ and his disciples can properly be called antichrists.

1Jo 2:22 says, "Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son."

According to 1 John 2:22, anyone can be an antichrist. An antichrist supports the exact opposite of what Jesus stood for. Jesus stood for love, the antichrist stands for hate, Jesus leads people to salvation, the antichrist leads people to destruction. Jesus stands for life and the antichrist stands for death. Jesus stood for obeying his Father, the antichrist promotes disobedience to Jesus' Father. Think of anything that is the opposite of Jesus and that is the way of an antichrist.

Some might think that Hitler was the antichrist or perhaps Jim Jones. Actually, they are correct. Both men could be considered antichrists according to the Biblical definition. Antichrists were around in John's day. Satan's attitude has been infiltrating the minds of men since Adam and Eve. One doesn't have to be famous to be an antichrist. Anyone or anything that replaces Jesus as the savior or embraces Satan's attitude is an antichrist. Jesus says that he can save us and anyone that tells us 'no he can't' is an antichrist.
I agree that anyone can be an anti-Christ. There are many of them.

However, prophecy says that there will be a man or perdition.

2 Thessalonians 2

Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.
He will oppose and exalt himself above every so-called god or object of worship. So he will seat himself in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.…

The Third Temple has yet to be built.
"The man of perdition" is a conglomeration of various self-proclaimed Christian sources, not an individual. It is as we view the nation of Israel as God's "chosen one." The nation of millions of people was referred to as His "chosen one."

"I shall have given water in the wilderness, rivers in the desert, to cause my people, MY CHOSEN ONE, to drink." (Isaiah 43:20)

Therefore we can see that something that is referred to as singular, like a man, or a chosen one, can be in reality made up of many members. The "man of perdition" is a COMPOSITE "man." He is made up of all the factions of Christendom, this many-fold "man" thinking it is too high in position to ever fall. This composite "man" has set itself up in the place of God (2 Thessalonians 2:4).

So, don't be misled....the "man of perdition" is the part of the Babylonian Whore that claims to be Christian but is not. He is a composite man. There is no single "anti-christ" or man of perdition. And there will never again be a temple built to the true God.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #32

Post by onewithhim »

dio9 wrote: I must have missed , we all must have missed the rapture because in these time we are in it surely look like the antichrist has come in the burnt orange colored Coppertone flesh.
Presidents are surely anti-christ, but the real meaning of the term in Scripture has a religious, spiritual tone. It can be seen as more of an attitude---a sick spirituality, if you will---which false churches exude. They claim to be doing God's will but they are not, in reality. They claim to be representing Christ but they are not. Jesus said of the religious leaders of his day:

"All the things they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but do not perform." (Matt.23:3)

The same with religions today who claim to be serving God. Their deeds show them up for what they are. A composite "man of perdition."

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Re: Is the Anti-Christ the devil incarnate?

Post #33

Post by JJ50 »

[Replying to post 1 by Claire Evans]

The god featured in the Bible is evil, Satan could be no worse.

Wootah
Savant

Post #34

Post by Wootah »

JJ50 wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Claire Evans]

The god featured in the Bible is evil, Satan could be no worse.
Moderator Comment
This is a one-liner and we usually just remove them. However, I want to please add that this is a debate site and not for commentary. Please reason towards your conclusions.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Post #35

Post by JJ50 »

[Replying to post 34 by Wootah]

If people have actually read the Bible without wearing rose coloured spectacles, they would see that the deeds attributed to the god character make it look like a crazed psycho!

Monta
Guru

Post #36

Post by Monta »

JJ50 wrote: [Replying to post 34 by Wootah]

If people have actually read the Bible without wearing rose coloured spectacles, they would see that the deeds attributed to the god character make it look like a crazed psycho!
Usually people who think like this do not waste their time
reading stuff they don't like.

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Post #37

Post by JJ50 »

[Replying to post 36 by Monta]

I was a Christian as a young person, until I lost my faith, thank goodness. Even in my old age I still read that not so good book, trying to make sense of why some people can possibly describe the god therein as good, Hitler could not have been any worse. For instance, only an evil entity would supposedly flood a whole planet killing most of the humans and other animals species.

dio9
Under Probation

Post #38

Post by dio9 »

onewithhim wrote:
dio9 wrote: I must have missed , we all must have missed the rapture because in these time we are in it surely look like the antichrist has come in the burnt orange colored Coppertone flesh.
Presidents are surely anti-christ, but the real meaning of the term in Scripture has a religious, spiritual tone. It can be seen as more of an attitude---a sick spirituality, if you will---which false churches exude. They claim to be doing God's will but they are not, in reality. They claim to be representing Christ but they are not. Jesus said of the religious leaders of his day:

"All the things they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but do not perform." (Matt.23:3)

The same with religions today who claim to be serving God. Their deeds show them up for what they are. A composite "man of perdition."
Is there any difference of religious hypocrite and political hypocrisy? A hypocrite is a hypocrite . Same thing.

Monta
Guru

Post #39

Post by Monta »

JJ50 wrote: [Replying to post 36 by Monta]

I was a Christian as a young person, until I lost my faith, thank goodness. Even in my old age I still read that not so good book, trying to make sense of why some people can possibly describe the god therein as good, Hitler could not have been any worse. For instance, only an evil entity would supposedly flood a whole planet killing most of the humans and other animals species.
I think you are talking about Old testament not the New.
OT is for another age another people who disobeyed God sent into slavery etc.
Christianity started with the birth of Jesus.

Hope I did not cross the line.

dio9
Under Probation

Post #40

Post by dio9 »

onewithhim wrote:
Claire Evans wrote:
2timothy316 wrote: The Greek term has a twofold meaning. It refers to that which is anti, or opposed to, Christ. It may also refer to a false Christ, one in the place of Christ. All people, organizations, or groups that falsely claim to represent Christ or claim to be the Messiah or that oppose Christ and his disciples can properly be called antichrists.

1Jo 2:22 says, "Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son."

According to 1 John 2:22, anyone can be an antichrist. An antichrist supports the exact opposite of what Jesus stood for. Jesus stood for love, the antichrist stands for hate, Jesus leads people to salvation, the antichrist leads people to destruction. Jesus stands for life and the antichrist stands for death. Jesus stood for obeying his Father, the antichrist promotes disobedience to Jesus' Father. Think of anything that is the opposite of Jesus and that is the way of an antichrist.

Some might think that Hitler was the antichrist or perhaps Jim Jones. Actually, they are correct. Both men could be considered antichrists according to the Biblical definition. Antichrists were around in John's day. Satan's attitude has been infiltrating the minds of men since Adam and Eve. One doesn't have to be famous to be an antichrist. Anyone or anything that replaces Jesus as the savior or embraces Satan's attitude is an antichrist. Jesus says that he can save us and anyone that tells us 'no he can't' is an antichrist.
I agree that anyone can be an anti-Christ. There are many of them.

However, prophecy says that there will be a man or perdition.

2 Thessalonians 2

Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.
He will oppose and exalt himself above every so-called god or object of worship. So he will seat himself in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.…

The Third Temple has yet to be built.
"The man of perdition" is a conglomeration of various self-proclaimed Christian sources, not an individual. It is as we view the nation of Israel as God's "chosen one." The nation of millions of people was referred to as His "chosen one."

"I shall have given water in the wilderness, rivers in the desert, to cause my people, MY CHOSEN ONE, to drink." (Isaiah 43:20)

Therefore we can see that something that is referred to as singular, like a man, or a chosen one, can be in reality made up of many members. The "man of perdition" is a COMPOSITE "man." He is made up of all the factions of Christendom, this many-fold "man" thinking it is too high in position to ever fall. This composite "man" has set itself up in the place of God (2 Thessalonians 2:4).

So, don't be misled....the "man of perdition" is the part of the Babylonian Whore that claims to be Christian but is not. He is a composite man. There is no single "anti-christ" or man of perdition. And there will never again be a temple built to the true God.
in this sense , as a group of people, could today's , invisible 30 % , republican base the president caters to be thought of as today's antichrist.