Is the Anti-Christ the devil incarnate?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Claire Evans
Guru

Is the Anti-Christ the devil incarnate?

Post #1

Post by Claire Evans »

Is the Anti-Christ the devil in the flesh or is he just a man appointed by the devil to rule the world?

Also, who do you believe the Anti-Christ is?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #51

Post by 2timothy316 »

OnceConvinced wrote:
I am seeing Christianity very slowly dying. But that's due to education, not any plot to destroy it.
Well Bibically speaking not a human plot, yet there is a plot. (Rev 17:15-17)

'Christianity' as the world knows it, is dooming itself by it's corruption, hatefulness, violence and straight up lies. Islam, is no different. These are the wreaking balls bringing down religions.

It is interesting that you say "People have already tried that. They failed miserably. Even non-Christians would not tolerate such a ridiculous law." We need only go back to the 20th century and see where in some countries they were successful at rooting out organized religion. North Korea is one. China is one that is doing a really good job at suppressing religion. Hard to believe but people at one time thought exterminating Jews was a good idea. being a Jew was unlawful. So perhaps saying 'would not tolerate such a ridiculous law' should be said with caution. The Bible uses the city of Babylon as a symbol for a good reason. It is because it was once thought at the height of it's power the city was too great to be destroyed. It fell in one night and people could hardly believe it.

The Bible also says that 'the false prophet' who also known as Babylon the Great and the Harlot are thrown into the burning lake alive. This means that the people that make up false religion, nothing is going to happen to them. But the organizations will be done away with. This makes us think that people will be able to worship but their churches will be shut down and their leadership disbanded. (Rev 17:15-18) How can this happen? Lack of support. Babylon is described as 'sitting on many waters'. Yet these waters will dry up. (Revelation 16:12) What does the water represent? Rev 17:15 tells us "The waters that you saw, where the prostitute is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues."

So in short, false religion will go due to yes, education in a way. In that people will learn of the lies and it will lose support of the people. The Bible says she (false religion) will be made 'naked' which means it will be exposed for what it is. However, you said it would be slow yet really the lack of support for churches has sped up in the past 20 years. In my own city there have been two huge churches just shut down due to lack of funds and attendance. So it's not really as slow as we think. Things can happen faster than we realize.

Monta
Guru

Post #52

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 51 by 2timothy316]

" 'Christianity' as the world knows it, is dooming itself by it's corruption, hatefulness, violence and straight up lies. Islam, is no different. These are the wreaking balls bringing down religions. "

And that is how it should be.
Perversion of truth 'making the word of God of no effect'.

Christianity lives in the hearts of people. No amount of any 'education'
can take away the depth of Jesus' words.

Claire Evans
Guru

Post #53

Post by Claire Evans »

OnceConvinced wrote:
Claire Evans wrote:
Christianity will be made illegal worldwide.
People have already tried that. They failed miserably. Even non-Christians would not tolerate such a ridiculous law.

The only way to get rid of Christianity is through education, which the Internet is currently aiding with, but that takes a long time.

Just look at how long it's taken to get the world to accept homosexuality. That still has a long way to go.

Just look at how long it's taken for cigarettes to become illegal. In fact it's still in the process. Years and years of social conditioning and we're still not there yet.

Just look at how long it's taken to get people to accept people of other races and colours. It's still a work in progress, but hey there's even been a black president! That would have only been a fantasy 30 years ago.

As it has been proven throughout history, dictators coming along and trying to force laws on people doesn't work. We just won't tolerate it. It has to be done covertly, ie through social conditioning. For Christianity to be made illegal it would need generations of social conditioning and I'm not even seeing anything to suggest that is happening. In fact a lot of Christians still hold power in governments. They would need to be weeded out first.

I am seeing Christianity very slowly dying. But that's due to education, not any plot to destroy it.
It will succeed if Christianity is made punishable by the death penalty. The New World Order will be such a thing that no one can stand up to it. Accept it or die. For example, Christianity is illegal in Iran punishable by death.

Let's see the new law in Russia:

esterday, Russia’s new anti-terrorism laws, which restrict Christians from evangelizing outside of their churches, went into effect.

The “Yarovaya package� requires missionaries to have permits, makes house churches illegal, and limits religious activity to registered church buildings, among other restrictions. Individuals who disobey could be fined up to $780, while organizations could be fined more than $15,000.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2 ... ffect.html

The new laws will “create conditions for the repression of all Christians,� wrote Russia’s Baptist Council of Churches in an open letter. “Any person who mentions their religious view or reflections out loud or puts them in writing, without the relevant documents, could be accused of ‘illegal missionary activity.’�

If I was Russian, I would be breaking the law right now.

So you see, making Christianity completely is just around the corner.

Monta
Guru

Post #54

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 53 by Claire Evans]

"The “Yarovaya package� requires missionaries to have permits, makes house churches illegal, and limits religious activity to registered church buildings, among other restrictions. Individuals who disobey could be fined up to $780, while organizations could be fined more than $15,000."

**'Limits religious activity to registered Church buildings' - what is wrong with that?
I live in Australia and we have Churches and of course they are registered.
One thing Russia does not need is Western Christianity.

"The new laws will “create conditions for the repression of all Christians,� wrote Russia’s Baptist Council of Churches in an open letter. “Any person who mentions their religious view or reflections out loud or puts them in writing, without the relevant documents, could be accused of ‘illegal missionary activity."

**Unless you can provide something more reliable this amounts to propaganda.

"If I was Russian, I would be breaking the law right now."

**If you were Russian Christian you'd support its laws?

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #55

Post by OnceConvinced »

Claire Evans wrote:

The rest of the world does not normally follow Russia's example. Even if it did, we're not talking about something that is going to happen any time soon. It would be a long drawn out process. Gradualism can take decades and generations.

The Western world has completely different culture and expectations. We do not tolerate what Russians would tolerate. Russia is still not far out of communism and as such still has remnants of it there (in fact what you are describing seems to be more like regression). What goes on there is not typical of what goes on elsewhere. Now if it were the US issuing such policies then you might be onto something, but even then you're not going to see Christianity being made illegal in our lifetimes.

So no it's definitely not "just around the corner." Far from it.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Monta
Guru

Post #56

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 55 by OnceConvinced]

"The Western world has completely different culture and expectations. We do not tolerate what Russians would tolerate. Russia is still not far out of communism and as such still has remnants of it there (in fact what you are describing seems to be more like regression)."

Russians do not tolerate many things but they have freedom of religion. That does not mean you can shout off the street corners- they used to it here years ago, now disallowed.

Religion in Russia Today:
With nearly 5,000 religious associations, the Russian Orthodox Church accounts for over a half of the total number registered in Russia. Next in numbers come Moslem associations, about 3,000, Baptists 450, Seventh Day Adventists 120, Evangelicals 120, Old Believers over 200, Roman Catholics 200, Krishnaites 68, Buddhists 80, Judaists 50, and Unified Evangelical Lutherans 39.
Russia had 150 Roman Catholic parishes, two theological seminaries and an academy before the revolution of 1917. All were suppressed in the Soviet years, and the believers -- ethnic Lithuanians, Poles and Germans -- were banished and scattered about Siberia and Central Asia. 83 communities have reappeared by now, and Apostolic Administrations linked to the Vatican have been established in Moscow for European Russia, and in Novosibirsk for Siberia. There are four bishops and 165 priests working among the approximately 1,300,000 Catholics in the country. The theological seminary, Mary Oueen of the Apostles, opened in Moscow in 1993 and was transferred to St. Petersburg in 1995.

The two million Protestants have 1,150 communities."

Claire Evans
Guru

Post #57

Post by Claire Evans »

Monta wrote: [Replying to post 53 by Claire Evans]

"The “Yarovaya package� requires missionaries to have permits, makes house churches illegal, and limits religious activity to registered church buildings, among other restrictions. Individuals who disobey could be fined up to $780, while organizations could be fined more than $15,000."

**'Limits religious activity to registered Church buildings' - what is wrong with that?
I live in Australia and we have Churches and of course they are registered.
One thing Russia does not need is Western Christianity.

You think it is acceptable to make illegal Bible studies at home?

The United States is also cracking down on home Bible studies.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/california-fam ... d=14582868

"The new laws will “create conditions for the repression of all Christians,� wrote Russia’s Baptist Council of Churches in an open letter. “Any person who mentions their religious view or reflections out loud or puts them in writing, without the relevant documents, could be accused of ‘illegal missionary activity."
Monta wrote:**Unless you can provide something more reliable this amounts to propaganda.
He is referring to the Act not giving his own opinion.
"If I was Russian, I would be breaking the law right now."
Monta wrote:**If you were Russian Christian you'd support its laws?
Absolutely not!

Claire Evans
Guru

Post #58

Post by Claire Evans »

OnceConvinced wrote:
Claire Evans wrote:

The rest of the world does not normally follow Russia's example. Even if it did, we're not talking about something that is going to happen any time soon. It would be a long drawn out process. Gradualism can take decades and generations.

The Western world has completely different culture and expectations. We do not tolerate what Russians would tolerate. Russia is still not far out of communism and as such still has remnants of it there (in fact what you are describing seems to be more like regression). What goes on there is not typical of what goes on elsewhere. Now if it were the US issuing such policies then you might be onto something, but even then you're not going to see Christianity being made illegal in our lifetimes.

So no it's definitely not "just around the corner." Far from it.
No, it wouldn't be a long drawn out process. Have a world dictatorship and they can do anything. The United States is also cracking down on evangelists.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/california-fam ... d=14582868

Monta
Guru

Post #59

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 57 by Claire Evans]

I remember when this was said about homosexuality, that it is not to be discussed if there are children about, not be advertised. Teachers not to talk about at schools.

I wonder if Baptist Council of Churches isn't talking about public preaching as in shopping centers etc.
'Any person who mentions their religious views.. out loud' - so you are having coffee with a friend and you are not permitted to talk about your religion? Hard to believe when Muslims pray on public squares and Orthodox Christians have ceremonies out in the open.
I have not been able to find anything on the net.

It is very tricky with house churches as people get togather and plan terror attacks.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #60

Post by Tart »

The only time the "antichrist" is mentioned in the Bible is in the 3 epistles of John, and John talks about the "antichrist" as a spirit that people can embed within them... Not one single person... It is talking about people who deny Jesus Christ...

However, some people have identified the antichrist in the book of Revelations, but the word "antichrist" is not used...