Ideas for The Token System

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

jgh7

Ideas for The Token System

Post #1

Post by jgh7 »

I like that we simply have the "agree" button and the token system. But I feel like the token system needs to be reworked in some way to give people more motivation to donate. I think the overwhelming majority of us just ignore the system altogether as tokens keep accumulating in our inventory.

It is pretty exciting to see that golden medal or whatever it is appear on a post that has recieved a donation. Makes you feel really special!

But overall I think the token system needs to be reworked and overhauled. How? I'm not sure, but I just wanted to put this thread in for spitballing ideas.

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Ideas for The Token System

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

jgh7 wrote: But overall I think the token system needs to be reworked and overhauled. How? I'm not sure, but I just wanted to put this thread in for spitballing ideas.
On a serious note I have the following suggestions:

1. It would be nice if more than one gold seal could show up. In other words, if two or more people donate an MPG award to a post, then two or more Gold Seals will appear.

2. I also thought it might be nice to have a choice between at least two different icons. Either the Gold Seal, or an icon of a Light Bulb burning. The second icon would be for indicating that you not only like the post but see it as an innovative idea or information you never thought of before.

3. A combination of the above. (i.e. having the choice of either a Gold Seal or the Light Bulb, and also allowing multiple MPG donations from multiple people to show up as multiple icons at the top of the post)

On a semi-serious note (which would most likely be rejected on this forum) we could also add a Spitball Icon to the list so people could make an MPG donation to indicate that they disapprove of the content of post. I imagine this would be rejected because it could start an ugly spitball war and turn an already uncivil forum into a slimy spitball mess. :shock:
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

jgh7

Re: Ideas for The Token System

Post #3

Post by jgh7 »

Divine Insight wrote:
jgh7 wrote: But overall I think the token system needs to be reworked and overhauled. How? I'm not sure, but I just wanted to put this thread in for spitballing ideas.
On a serious note I have the following suggestions:

1. It would be nice if more than one gold seal could show up. In other words, if two or more people donate an MPG award to a post, then two or more Gold Seals will appear.

2. I also thought it might be nice to have a choice between at least two different icons. Either the Gold Seal, or an icon of a Light Bulb burning. The second icon would be for indicating that you not only like the post but see it as an innovative idea or information you never thought of before.

3. A combination of the above. (i.e. having the choice of either a Gold Seal or the Light Bulb, and also allowing multiple MPG donations from multiple people to show up as multiple icons at the top of the post)

On a semi-serious note (which would most likely be rejected on this forum) we could also add a Spitball Icon to the list so people could make an MPG donation to indicate that they disapprove of the content of post. I imagine this would be rejected because it could start an ugly spitball war and turn an already uncivil forum into a slimy spitball mess. :shock:
Haha, I was thinking of a similar idea. My idea is that there are different medal pictures (maybe bronze to gold), depending on the total amount of tokens donated to the post.

As far as the "spitball" idea, it sounds similar to a "dislike" or "disagree" button. I think your worry about that is well-founded. On other forums I've been on they've had to remove those buttons because it basically caused way too much animosity and made the focus of debate to be more about a popularity contest.