God has a god.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Checkpoint
Prodigy

God has a god.

Post #1

Post by Checkpoint »

Scriptures tell us that God the Father is the God of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Anyone who has a god is not, by definition, God.

Therefore, Jesus Christ is not the one true God.

God the Father has no god.

He is therefore, by definition, God Himself, the only true God.

What say you?

Relevant scriptures
Psalm 45:7;Hebrews 1:9

You love righteousness and hate wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy.

John 17:3

Now this is eternal life: that they know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Mark 15:34

And at three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lema
sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

John 20:17

Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

2 Corinthians 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,

Ephesians 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms.

Colossians 1:3

We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you,

1 Peter 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! By His great mercy, He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #2

Post by Pipiripi »

Jesus is God, Why? Because His Father is God. Just like you and me are human, and or child also is human. Jesus is not THE GOD, HE IS THE GOD SON. The book of John also confirms that Jesus is God. John 1:1......

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: God has a god.

Post #3

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1 by Checkpoint]

God (Almighty God the Creator YHWH) has no God, as he is supreme ruler of the universe.

Jesus (who identified himself as the SON of God) does if scriptures are to be believed have a God.

JW

INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

bluethread
Savant

Post #4

Post by bluethread »

It is an anthropomorphism. That part of Adonai that was manifest in human form is Yeshua and was restricted to human capabilities. Before and after that, Yeshua is spoken of in a father/son relationship to provide us with a way having a limited understanding of the nature of Adonai, which is beyond our understanding.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by Checkpoint »

Pipiripi wrote: Jesus is God, Why? Because His Father is God. Just like you and me are human, and or child also is human. Jesus is not THE GOD, HE IS THE GOD SON. The book of John also confirms that Jesus is God. John 1:1......
John 1:1 does not say Jesus is God.

It says the logos WAS God.

William
Savant

Post #6

Post by William »

[Replying to post 1 by Checkpoint]
The First Source is GOD in that all that is, derives from The First Source.

No consciousness within form is GOD, but can represent The First Source as an aspect of The First Source consciousness within form.

The further into density aspects of The First Source consciousness divests itself, the more likely it is that those aspects of The First Source consciousness lose sight of the true nature of The First Source.

We are extremely deep within the density and thus have lost sight of the true nature of The First Source and are confused by duality.

Individuals such as Yeshua - through willful determination - come to understand the true nature of The First Source, and pass this information on.

Those who - through willful determination - apply themselves to this quest also come to understand the true nature of The First Source, and pass this information on.

Essentially, we are all aspects of The First Source, and some of us are remembering that and aligning ourselves with that realization.

That in itself is the true idea of 'Worship.' Worship has nothing to do with coin or ritual or sacred spaces, thrones, idols, symbols, books, et al.

Worship - in truth - has to do with aligning ourselves through willful determination with the realization that we are all aspects of The First Source Consciousness and learning to understand the true nature of The First Source, and passing this information on through everything we externalize into the physical universe.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by Checkpoint »

[Replying to post 6 by William]
Individuals such as Yeshua - through willful determination - come to understand the true nature of The First Source, and pass this information on.
Yeshua was and is a unique individual, who passed on a unique message, the good news of the kingdom of God.

He would call your information that of the voice of a stranger, and says his sheep do not listen to the voice of strangers.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #8

Post by onewithhim »

Checkpoint wrote: Scriptures tell us that God the Father is the God of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Therefore, Jesus Christ is not the one true God.

God the Father has no god.

He is therefore, by definition, God Himself, the only true God.

What say you?

Relevant scriptures
Psalm 45:7;Hebrews 1:9

You love righteousness and hate wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy.

John 17:3

Now this is eternal life: that they know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Mark 15:34

And at three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lema
sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

John 20:17

Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

2 Corinthians 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,

Ephesians 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms.

Colossians 1:3

We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you,

1 Peter 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! By His great mercy, He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
Excellent, Checkpoint, and irrefutable. I think that if anyone objects to these Scriptures they are grasping at straws, petrified of going against family traditions, friends' displeasure, etc., and certainly no concrete reasons. These are clear, understandable statements, where no "mystery" need be referred to.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #9

Post by onewithhim »

Pipiripi wrote: Jesus is God, Why? Because His Father is God. Just like you and me are human, and or child also is human. Jesus is not THE GOD, HE IS THE GOD SON. The book of John also confirms that Jesus is God. John 1:1......
John 1:1 is translated differently than any other Scripture that has a noun without a definite article, which this verse also has. Do some research on John 1:1. A good place to start might be Professor Jason BeDuhn's book Truth in Translation, pp.113-133.

You also might refer to these websites:

http://nwtandcoptic.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... s-ago.html

www.jw.org

"The Coptic Gospel of John 1:1-14," translated by Lance Jenott, according to the Coptic text in G. Horner, The Coptic Version of the New Testament in the Southern Dialect, vol.III (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1911-1924) pp.2-4.

In the beginning existed the Word, and the Word existed with the God, and the Word was a god.

[/u]

onewithhim
Savant

Post #10

Post by onewithhim »

Jesus is not God, except in some twisted versions of the scriptures. In addition to my post above, which I trust you carefully regarded, I would like to post the website for some excellent information on John 1:1:

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/maga ... t_index]=0

:)