When did a 2nd 70 years/weeks of Daniel 9:24 begin?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

showme
Sage

When did a 2nd 70 years/weeks of Daniel 9:24 begin?

Post #1

Post by showme »

When did a 2nd 70 years of Daniel 9:24 begin paralleling the first 70 weeks of years?

As there is nothing new under the sun, and “that which has been is that which will be� (Ecc 1:9), when was the start of the 70 weeks before there is an “end of sin�, atonement has been made for iniquity (Hosea 5:11), and the most holy place is anointed (Dan 9:24)? As the “wicked� still thrive, and Ephraim and Judah have yet to acknowledge their guilt (Hosea 5:15), when did the 70 weeks begin, and when will it end? Apparently there are two answers; One starting with the decree of Cyrus, and time, times and half a time later (Daniel 7:25), after 69 1/2 weeks, another start. Apparently, Judah started coming out of the nations starting at the Balfour declaration after WWI, which allowed the Zionist to start coming to Judea around 1918. 50 years later, on the Jubilee of that event, 1948, 70 years ago, the nation of Israel was born, giving a new formal decree for their new home. Using the Holy days as a reference, as to the coming “awesome day of the LORD�, when the son of man was given dominion over “all the peoples, nations , and men of every language� (Daniel 7:13-14). First Daniel 2:35 & 44 must be met, which is to crush all the kingdoms of Daniel 2:35, which would be done in Zechariah 14. The start would be with the Passover Feast of Unleavened Bread, the passing over of the angel of death, when those in Jerusalem and on Zion can escape (Joel 2:32). The end would be the after the feast of trumpets, the repentance of Judah and Ephraim (Hosea 5:15) and the feast of atonement, which is for the forgiveness of sins, and the feast of Booths, whereas, Israel/Ephraim, which is scattered among the nations (Ez 36:24), and after being doubly repaid for their iniquity (Jer 16:18) will be hunted down (Jer 16:16), reunited with the "stick of Judah" (Ez 37:15-25) and brought back to the land of Jacob (Ze 37:1-25), and have one shepherd/king (Ez 37:24) & (Ez 34:23-24).

New American Standard Bible Daniel 9:24
"Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.

New American Standard Bible Ecclesiastes 1:9
That which has been is that which will be, And that which has been done is that which will be done. So there is nothing new under the sun.

showme
Sage

Re: When did a 2nd 70 years/weeks of Daniel 9:24 begin?

Post #2

Post by showme »

showme wrote: When did a 2nd 70 years of Daniel 9:24 begin paralleling the first 70 weeks of years?

As there is nothing new under the sun, and “that which has been is that which will be� (Ecc 1:9), when was the start of the 70 weeks before there is an “end of sin�, atonement has been made for iniquity (Hosea 5:11), and the most holy place is anointed (Dan 9:24)? As the “wicked� still thrive, and Ephraim and Judah have yet to acknowledge their guilt (Hosea 5:15), when did the 70 weeks begin, and when will it end? Apparently there are two answers; One starting with the decree of Cyrus, and time, times and half a time later (Daniel 7:25), after 69 1/2 weeks, another start. Apparently, Judah started coming out of the nations starting at the Balfour declaration after WWI, which allowed the Zionist to start coming to Judea around 1918. 50 years later, on the Jubilee of that event, 1948, 70 years ago, the nation of Israel was born, giving a new formal decree for their new home. Using the Holy days as a reference, as to the coming “awesome day of the LORD�, when the son of man was given dominion over “all the peoples, nations , and men of every language� (Daniel 7:13-14). First Daniel 2:35 & 44 must be met, which is to crush all the kingdoms of Daniel 2:35, which would be done in Zechariah 14. The start would be with the Passover Feast of Unleavened Bread, the passing over of the angel of death, when those in Jerusalem and on Zion can escape (Joel 2:32). The end would be the after the feast of trumpets, the repentance of Judah and Ephraim (Hosea 5:15) and the feast of atonement, which is for the forgiveness of sins, and the feast of Booths, whereas, Israel/Ephraim, which is scattered among the nations (Ez 36:24), and after being doubly repaid for their iniquity (Jer 16:18) will be hunted down (Jer 16:16), reunited with the "stick of Judah" (Ez 37:15-25) and brought back to the land of Jacob (Ze 37:1-25), and have one shepherd/king (Ez 37:24) & (Ez 34:23-24).

New American Standard Bible Daniel 9:24
"Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.

New American Standard Bible Ecclesiastes 1:9
That which has been is that which will be, And that which has been done is that which will be done. So there is nothing new under the sun.
The 70 years of Jeremiah 29:10-14 which were, are again. Judah, as the nation of Israel, has been living among the nations for 70 years. Now the "son of man" will crush all the nations, and rule them (Daniel 7:13-14). Now it is time for Ephraim/the house of Israel to return (Ez 36:22-24).

Jeremiah 29:10“For thus says the LORD, ‘When seventy years have been completed for Babylon, I will visit you and fulfill My good word to you, to bring you back to this place. 11‘For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 12‘Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13‘You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. 14‘I will be found by you,’ declares the LORD, ‘and I will restore your fortunes and will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you,’ declares the LORD, ‘and I will bring you back to the place from where I sent you into exile.’

onewithhim
Savant

Post #3

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 1 by showme]

It hasn't begun, and it won't. That is a fulfilled prophecy over 2,000 years old. I guess that's where people get the idea that the Great Tribulation will last 7 years, but that is pure conjecture, imagination, and just plain false.

showme
Sage

Post #4

Post by showme »

onewithhim wrote: [Replying to post 1 by showme]

It hasn't begun, and it won't. That is a fulfilled prophecy over 2,000 years old. I guess that's where people get the idea that the Great Tribulation will last 7 years, but that is pure conjecture, imagination, and just plain false.
Your problem is that the "son of man" has not come and now rules "all the peoples, nations, and men of every language" (Daniel 7:13-14) & (Mt 24:30). He has yet to "smite the nations" and rule the nations with a "rod of iron" (Revelation 19:15).

onewithhim
Savant

Post #5

Post by onewithhim »

showme wrote:

Your problem is that the "son of man" has not come and now rules "all the peoples, nations, and men of every language" (Daniel 7:13-14) & (Mt 24:30). He has yet to "smite the nations" and rule the nations with a "rod of iron" (Revelation 19:15).
Why is that a problem for me? I know Jesus hasn't come again to execute judgment. He will "smite the nations" at Armageddon, still in the future.

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Pipiripi »

The 70 years of prophecy in Daniel begin at 457 BC - Ezra 7-13,20 and ended at 27 AD When JESUS baptized. Only spiritual mind can understand it.

showme
Sage

Post #7

Post by showme »

onewithhim wrote:
showme wrote:

Why is that a problem for me? I know Jesus hasn't come again to execute judgment. He will "smite the nations" at Armageddon, still in the future.
Your problem is that the "wicked", the lawless (Mt 13:41), who think they are wheat, but are really only "tares", which look like wheat, but do not produce any fruit. The nations/Gentiles, "in the day of distress", will confess, "our fathers have inherited nothing but falsehood" (Jeremiah 16:19).

There is no 7 years of tribulation, there has been over 2000 years of tribulation of Judah and Ephraim (Hosea 6:2), and the 70 weeks of years still has time, times and half a time left in limbo (Daniel 7:25), as the son of man did not take control of the nations (Daniel 7:13-14). According to Jeremiah 29:10-14, there will be a 70 year waiting period while the people of the God of Israel, are among the nations/Babylon, before they are returned, and their fortunes are restored, which in this era would include Ephraim/the house of Israel (Ez 37:15-25). The nation of Israel, home of Judah, born in 1948, has been among the Gentiles/Babylon/Egypt, for the last 70 years. It is now time for Ephraim to return.

The "great tribulation" was "cut short" for the sake of the "elect". According to Revelation 9:5, that period of time would be apparently 5 months. That would be approximately the time between the end of the feast of unleavened bread, until the feast of Trumpets, when Israel will repent. As for manking, the nations/Gentiles, apparently 1/3 are killed by fire, smoke and brimstone (Rev 9:18).

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #8

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Pipiripi wrote: The 70 years of prophecy in Daniel begin at 457 BC - Ezra 7-13,20 and ended at 27 AD When JESUS baptized.
Close, but not quite. Ezra 7:13, 20 is regarding Cyrus' decree to rebuild the TEMPLE (Jehovah's "house") not Jerusalem and that was in any case in 537 BCE.

The order to {quote} "restore and rebuild Jerusalem" would happen in the days of Nehemiah (see Neh 2:1, 5).

1 "week" = 7 years
7 weeks (7 x 7) = 49 years
70 "weeks" (7 x 70) = 490 years

FURTHER READING
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200003915#h=8
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by Pipiripi »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Pipiripi wrote: The 70 years of prophecy in Daniel begin at 457 BC - Ezra 7-13,20 and ended at 27 AD When JESUS baptized.
Close, but not quite. Ezra 7:13, 20 is regarding Cyrus' decree to rebuild the TEMPLE (Jehovah's "house") not Jerusalem and that was in any case in 537 BCE.

The order to {quote} "restore and rebuild Jerusalem" would happen in the days of Nehemiah (see Neh 2:1, 5).

1 "week" = 7 years

FURTHER READING
If you choose the first command by Cyrus in 539 BC and take away 483 years away, we come to 56 BC.
If we choose the second command by Artaxexes in 457 BC and take away the 483 years, we come to 27 AD.
WHAT HAPPENED IN 56 BC? NOTHING THAT CONCERN JESUS.
WHAT HAPPENED IN 27 AD? JESUS' BAPTISM! HE IS REVEALED AS MESSIAH.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #10

Post by onewithhim »

Pipiripi wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:

1 "week" = 7 years

FURTHER READING
If you choose the first command by Cyrus in 539 BC and take away 483 years away, we come to 56 BC.
If we choose the second command by Artaxexes in 457 BC and take away the 483 years, we come to 27 AD.
WHAT HAPPENED IN 56 BC? NOTHING THAT CONCERN JESUS.
WHAT HAPPENED IN 27 AD? JESUS' BAPTISM! HE IS REVEALED AS MESSIAH.
You are understanding it better than the majority of people. Kudos to you. Keep searching and digging. There's always something to learn.