When did a 2nd 70 years/weeks of Daniel 9:24 begin?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

showme
Sage

When did a 2nd 70 years/weeks of Daniel 9:24 begin?

Post #1

Post by showme »

When did a 2nd 70 years of Daniel 9:24 begin paralleling the first 70 weeks of years?

As there is nothing new under the sun, and “that which has been is that which will be� (Ecc 1:9), when was the start of the 70 weeks before there is an “end of sin�, atonement has been made for iniquity (Hosea 5:11), and the most holy place is anointed (Dan 9:24)? As the “wicked� still thrive, and Ephraim and Judah have yet to acknowledge their guilt (Hosea 5:15), when did the 70 weeks begin, and when will it end? Apparently there are two answers; One starting with the decree of Cyrus, and time, times and half a time later (Daniel 7:25), after 69 1/2 weeks, another start. Apparently, Judah started coming out of the nations starting at the Balfour declaration after WWI, which allowed the Zionist to start coming to Judea around 1918. 50 years later, on the Jubilee of that event, 1948, 70 years ago, the nation of Israel was born, giving a new formal decree for their new home. Using the Holy days as a reference, as to the coming “awesome day of the LORD�, when the son of man was given dominion over “all the peoples, nations , and men of every language� (Daniel 7:13-14). First Daniel 2:35 & 44 must be met, which is to crush all the kingdoms of Daniel 2:35, which would be done in Zechariah 14. The start would be with the Passover Feast of Unleavened Bread, the passing over of the angel of death, when those in Jerusalem and on Zion can escape (Joel 2:32). The end would be the after the feast of trumpets, the repentance of Judah and Ephraim (Hosea 5:15) and the feast of atonement, which is for the forgiveness of sins, and the feast of Booths, whereas, Israel/Ephraim, which is scattered among the nations (Ez 36:24), and after being doubly repaid for their iniquity (Jer 16:18) will be hunted down (Jer 16:16), reunited with the "stick of Judah" (Ez 37:15-25) and brought back to the land of Jacob (Ze 37:1-25), and have one shepherd/king (Ez 37:24) & (Ez 34:23-24).

New American Standard Bible Daniel 9:24
"Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.

New American Standard Bible Ecclesiastes 1:9
That which has been is that which will be, And that which has been done is that which will be done. So there is nothing new under the sun.

showme
Sage

Post #21

Post by showme »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 18 by TripleZ]

Daniel 9:24-27 makes no mention of the temple.

It alludes to the Messiah.
Not to say the JW bible doesn't agree with you, but the regular bibles do not. Well, it has been seven weeks of years since Jerusalem was "restored" to Judah (1948), and I expect the "LORD" soon (Zechariah 14:1-3), but will have to wait until the nations try and crush the nation of Israel.

Daniel 9:25 "issuing a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks."
Last edited by showme on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #22

Post by JehovahsWitness »

showme wrote: Daniel 9:25 "issuing a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks."
Can you see the word "Temple" in the scripture? Is there a mention of the word "Temple" in the scripture?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

showme
Sage

Post #23

Post by showme »

JehovahsWitness wrote:

showme wrote: Daniel 9:25 "issuing a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks."
Can you see the word "Temple" in the scripture? Is there a mention of the word "Temple" in the scripture?
If you could tell me what bible you use, I could check. My bible reads "Sanctuary", which would be the temple of God (Daniel 9:26) As with regards to today, the "sanctuary" ("My sanctuary") will be "Israel" (Ezekiel 37:15-28). Which is to say, "My sanctuary", will be the people of God, the combined stick of Judah and the stick of the house of Israel (Ez 37:16).

New American Standard Bible Daniel 9:26
"Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.

New American Standard Bible Ezekiel 37:28
"And the nations will know that I am the LORD who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forever."'"

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #24

showme wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:
If you could tell me what bible you use...?

I was refering to Daniel 9:25. Is there a reference to the temple in this verse? In any translation.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

showme
Sage

Post #25

Post by showme »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
showme wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:
If you could tell me what bible you use...?

I was refering to Daniel 9:25. Is there a reference to the temple in this verse? In any translation.
Both are in reference to to sixty two weeks. And the "sanctuary" is included in the discourse. The new "My sanctuary" will be " Israel" (Ez 37:28). Daniel 9:25 also refers to seven weeks, in which there has been a Jubilee of 7 weeks of years since the "restoration" of east "Jerusalem" and the Temple site in 1967. What that points to is a planned attack by Hamas and their allies to "capture" "Jerusalem" (Zech 14:1-3), with Israel getting all their land back, including all of Syria. A good reason to get our troops out of Syria before the ground begins to glow.

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Re: When did a 2nd 70 years/weeks of Daniel 9:24 begin?

Post #26

Post by TripleZ »

showme wrote: When did a 2nd 70 years of Daniel 9:24 begin paralleling the first 70 weeks of years?

As there is nothing new under the sun, and “that which has been is that which will be� (Ecc 1:9), when was the start of the 70 weeks before there is an “end of sin�, atonement has been made for iniquity (Hosea 5:11), and the most holy place is anointed (Dan 9:24)? As the “wicked� still thrive, and Ephraim and Judah have yet to acknowledge their guilt (Hosea 5:15), when did the 70 weeks begin, and when will it end? Apparently there are two answers; One starting with the decree of Cyrus, and time, times and half a time later (Daniel 7:25), after 69 1/2 weeks, another start. Apparently, Judah started coming out of the nations starting at the Balfour declaration after WWI, which allowed the Zionist to start coming to Judea around 1918. 50 years later, on the Jubilee of that event, 1948, 70 years ago, the nation of Israel was born, giving a new formal decree for their new home. Using the Holy days as a reference, as to the coming “awesome day of the LORD�, when the son of man was given dominion over “all the peoples, nations , and men of every language� (Daniel 7:13-14). First Daniel 2:35 & 44 must be met, which is to crush all the kingdoms of Daniel 2:35, which would be done in Zechariah 14. The start would be with the Passover Feast of Unleavened Bread, the passing over of the angel of death, when those in Jerusalem and on Zion can escape (Joel 2:32). The end would be the after the feast of trumpets, the repentance of Judah and Ephraim (Hosea 5:15) and the feast of atonement, which is for the forgiveness of sins, and the feast of Booths, whereas, Israel/Ephraim, which is scattered among the nations (Ez 36:24), and after being doubly repaid for their iniquity (Jer 16:18) will be hunted down (Jer 16:16), reunited with the "stick of Judah" (Ez 37:15-25) and brought back to the land of Jacob (Ze 37:1-25), and have one shepherd/king (Ez 37:24) & (Ez 34:23-24).

"Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.

That which has been is that which will be, And that which has been done is that which will be done. So there is nothing new under the sun.
yes this is what I would like to know, ie; about this 2nd 70 weeks of Daniel ?

Dan 9:23 At the beginning of your prayers, an answer was given; and I have come to say what it is; because you are greatly loved. Therefore look into this answer, and understand the vision.
Dan 9:24 "Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and for your holy city for putting an end to the transgression, for making an end of sin, for forgiving iniquity, for bringing in everlasting justice, for setting the seal on vision and prophet, and for anointing the Especially Holy Place.
Dan 9:25 Know, therefore, and discern that seven weeks [of years] will elapse between the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Yerushalayim until an anointed prince comes. It will remain built for sixty-two weeks [of years], with open spaces and moats; but these will be troubled times.

showme
Sage

Re: When did a 2nd 70 years/weeks of Daniel 9:24 begin?

Post #27

Post by showme »

TripleZ wrote:
showme wrote: When did a 2nd 70 years of Daniel 9:24 begin paralleling the first 70 weeks of years?

yes this is what I would like to know, ie; about this 2nd 70 weeks of Daniel ?

Dan 9:23 At the beginning of your prayers, an answer was given; and I have come to say what it is; because you are greatly loved. Therefore look into this answer, and understand the vision.
Dan 9:24 "Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and for your holy city for putting an end to the transgression, for making an end of sin, for forgiving iniquity, for bringing in everlasting justice, for setting the seal on vision and prophet, and for anointing the Especially Holy Place.
Dan 9:25 Know, therefore, and discern that seven weeks [of years] will elapse between the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Yerushalayim until an anointed prince comes. It will remain built for sixty-two weeks [of years], with open spaces and moats; but these will be troubled times.
There is nothing new under the heavens. What was, will be again. (Ecc 1:9) "Seven weeks" (of years), has occurred since "Jerusalem" again has been "restored". (Daniel 9:25) & (Joel 3:1) in 1967. The nation of Israel, born in 1948, has been under the foot of the nations for 70 years. After 70 years, Judah came out of Babylon. The "nations" of Daniel 2:35 & 44, will be "crushed", "all at the same time".

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #28

[Replying to post 24 by showme]

Thank you for posting, however I cannot see the answer to my question. It was regarding Daniel 9 verse 25.
JehovahsWitness wrote:I was refering to Daniel 9:25. Is there a reference to the temple in this verse? In any translation.

showme
Sage

Post #29

Post by showme »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 24 by showme]

Thank you for posting, however I cannot see the answer to my question. It was regarding Daniel 9 verse 25.
JehovahsWitness wrote:I was refering to Daniel 9:25. Is there a reference to the temple in this verse? In any translation.
The approximate 18th word of Daniel 9:25 is "Jerusalem". The "most holy place" of Daniel 9:24 refers to the "sanctuary" of Daniel 9:26" which refers to "My sanctuary" of (Ezekiel 37:28), which refers to the "sanctuary"/temple of God, which will be "Israel" (Ez 37:28), which in Revelation 21:2, is "Jerusalem", made up of men and angels of the "tribes of the sons of Israel" (Rev 21:12), built on the "twelve foundation stones" made of men (Revelation 21:14), with the "Lamb" as its temple (Rev 21:22), and no liars will come into it (Rev 21:27). With respect to the present day time line, there is no common stone temple, there is to be a sanctuary of flesh, referred to as the "new Jerusalem" (Rev 21:2).

As for your term "temple" and your Gentiles/nations, they will be "outside the temple" (Revelation 11:2).

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #30

showme wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 24 by showme]

The approximate 18th word of Daniel 9:25 is "Jerusalem".
Thank you, so we've establish the word "jerusalem" is in the verse. Now is the word "temple" in the verse?