Moderator: Moderators

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

What is the 1000 Years Millennium?

Post #1

Post by Pipiripi »

The Thousand Years Millennium

The word 'Millennium' doesn't appear in the Bible, although it is used throughout the world to describe the 1000 year millennial reign after the SECOND coming of Christ which we find in Revelation 20:2-7.
( Read it)
So there is no mistaking that this time period is going to be a 1000 years. But when does it start? The popular mainstream teaching is after the church is "rapture," the saints spent 7 years in heaven with Jesus while the great tribulation happens on earth. Then after the 7 years, they believe the church comes back to earth with Jesus where He will reign from Israel for a 1000 years. The rapture teaching is false. The seven years tribulation teaching is false and of course, this teaching of Jesus reigning on earth for 1000 years while the wicked continue to live is also false. So what is the truth? Let's find out.

STARTING POINT FOR THE 1000 YEAR MILLENNIUM.
From here the friendly debate begin.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #21

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Pipiripi wrote: Starting Point for the 1000 years Millennium

Revelation 20:6 (read it)

So first of all, we need to find the starting point of the thousand year millennium. Can we get a starting from the above verses? Yes! We can see from this verse that the FIRST RESURRECTION START THE THOUSAND YEAR MILLENNIUM. Let's have a look at a couple more verses from the Bible with regards to the first resurrection.
Matthew 24;30-31
1Thess 4:16-17
So we have the second coming of Christ Jesus in the above scripture, where He send out His angels to gather the saved. The dead in Christ rise first then those who are in Christ's and still alive at His coming, they are 'caught up' with those who have been ressurected and they meet Christ in the air. A vital point to remember about the second coming of Christ, is that He does not toughed the ground when he return, we meet Him in the air. So we can clearly see THIS IN THE FIRST RESURRECTION ABOVE, and is the starting point of the 1000 year millennium.
From here if it is not clear, I will write some BIBLICAL more verses for a better understanding.

That's fine, take your time. I enjoy that you too are passonate about what you believe and take the time to try and write intelligent scriptural responses. With so many on this forum that just flip quips without respect for the time and effort I put into my posts or review scriptural content, your posts are a wecome change.

The point of my post # 14 (Christ 2nd coming and the START of the first resurrection) are two seperate but related events.

Be well,

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Re: What is the 1000 Years Millennium?

Post #22

Post by Pipiripi »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Pipiripi wrote:Okay, I get your believing,what about mine believing so far? Is it Biblical or not?
Ten out of ten for effort but unfortunately you have an incorrect understanding of the verses you are posting. If you are humble and ready to study more this can be remedied.

MATTEHW 24:30-31 (NKJV)
Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
While Matthew is indeed referring to spirit anointed Christians that take part in the "first resurrection" (to go to heaven and rule for 1000 years with Jesus), that resurrected does not START when the last remaining ones are taken to heaven.

THE "FIRST RESURRECTION" BEGINS BEFORE CHRIST'S SECOND COMING NOBODY CAN RESURRECTBEFORE JESUS RETURN.
1 THESSOLONIANS 4:16-17 (KJV)
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Paul speaks about two "groups". He calls one group "we" and identifies them as the spirit anointed Christians that are as he said remaining, and "them" those already with Christ in heaven.
To illustrate: Image that all your family were going on holiday on the train. Some got their early and settled, some arrived at the last minute. Everyone had to be on the train before it left the station. All of Christ's brothers will be with him in heaven when the time comes to execute the wicked. Some had died earlier and were already settled in heaven some died and arrived later and some will be caught up just before the train leaves so no one is left behind.
In a similar way, "those that remain on earth" will be caught to meet the the others "them". So the "first resurrection" begins before Christ's second coming.

AGAIN NOBODY CAN RESURRECTED BEFORE JESUS APPEARS IN THE HEAVEN.

JW

RELATED POSTS

Who will be caught in the clouds and when?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 214#752214
BY HIS SECOND COMING THE ONE WHO HAS DIED IN HIM FIRST THEN WE WHO STILL ALIVE WILL BE CAUGHT UP.

I think English is not your native language - if you will tell me the language your mother spoke to you as a child, I will post links in your language, it may be easier.

FURTHER READING (Available in all languages)
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/110 ... &p=par#h=6
MY FRIEND I WILL WRITE A LITTLE MORE FOR YOU.

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #23

Post by Pipiripi »

Checkpoint wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 18 by Checkpoint]

We know Satan is set free after 1000 years because that is what the scripture say.

The bible doesn't explicitly state why it happens but it must happen for a reason (compare Gen 2:17, 22, Genesis 3:15; Gen 1: 31; Romans 5:12, 1 Cor 15:45; Heb 4:15; 11:39-40; 1 John 3:8; Ps 62:12; Rev 22:3a).

Do you think God does things for no reason? You can try to prove Satan is set free for no reason but I don't think you can succeed.
Thus you have confirmed the claim I made in post 18.

Thank you.
I will write some more for you my friend. Your teaching is literally, my teaching is spiritually. Only person with an open mind can understand what the Bible teached. Because the Bible is written by person, who was onder control of a spiritual being. And that was the Holy Spirit.

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #24

Post by Pipiripi »

Part 3.
PLEASE NOTE: In Revelation 20;5 it say that "the rest of the dead live not again until the 1000 years has finished.' The rest of the dead are those who are lost (the wicked) that were either killed at the second coming, or were already dead at Christ's coming. And just to back up with scripture that the list living at the second coming ARE killed. Take a look at the following verses:
Luke 17:26-30. (Read)
As you can clearly see, when Jesus Christ returns, the lost will be destroyed. Just like in the flood and the fire judgment in Sodom, ALL the lost was destroyed and only the righteous was left alive. And when does Revelation say
The lost was resurrected? AFTER the 1000 years.

HOW MANY RESURRECTION ARE THERE?

There will be two resurrections. It says in verse 6 of Revelation 20 that they are blessed who have part in the FIRST RESURRECTION. So if there is a first resurrection, then there must also be a second resurrection, as it says in Rev.20:5....' But the rest of the dead, LIVED NOT AGAIN until the 1000 years was finished.' The lost was destroyed or already dead at the second coming, and it says above that they lived not again until the 1000 years were finished. Now logically, they need to be ressurected to live again. So this will be the second resurrection at the end of the 1000 years millennium. Notice what it says in the following scripture:
Rev.20:7-8 (read)
For Satan to be loosed out of his prison and deceive the nations of the earth, the rest of the dead (the lost) must been resurrected. This is the second resurrection at the end of the thousand years.

I will leave it till here, only open minder can understand the scriptures. And one thing more, just for you my friend. I can speak 4 language, I can defend myself with three. Try if you can understand my language: " Mi ta un jui di Korsow, anto mi idioma ta papiamentu. Yo soy un Curasoleño y mi idioma es papiamentu. Ik ben van Curaçao en mijn moeder taal is papiaments. Go search and tell me what I have say there. God bless.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #25

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Pipiripi wrote: I can speak 4 language, I can defend myself with three. Try if you can understand my language: " Mi ta un jui di Korsow, anto mi idioma ta papiamentu. Yo soy un Curasoleño y mi idioma es papiamentu. Ik ben van Curaçao en mijn moeder taal is papiaments. Go search and tell me what I have say there. God bless.
Well you speak Papiamentu, you're from Curaçao (beautiful part of the world) so you probably also speak Dutch and Spanish. Jehovah's Witnesses have a long history over there in the ABC Islands
  • Testigunan di Yehova ta tene reunionnan di adorashon dos bes pa siman. (Hebreonan 10:24, 25) Na e reunionnan ei, ku ta habrí pa públiko, nos ta analisá loke Beibel ta bisa i kon nos por apliká su siñansanan den nos bida.
    https://www.jw.org/pap/testigunan-di-yehova/reunion/
Pregunta Ku Beibel Ta Kontestá
Kiko Beibel ta siña realmente? Skohe un pregunta aki bou ku ta interesá bo.
https://www.jw.org/pap/si%C3%B1ansa-di-beibel/pregunta/

History of Jehovah's Witnesses in ABC Islands
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/302002011

FURTHER READING
https://www.jw.org/pap/

Buska e Lugá Mas Serka di Bo
https://apps.jw.org/ui/PA/meeting-searc ... -68.99002/
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #26

Post by Pipiripi »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Pipiripi wrote: Starting Point for the 1000 years Millennium

So first of all, we need to find the starting point of the thousand year millennium. Can we get a starting from the above verses? Yes! We can see from this verse that the FIRST RESURRECTION START THE THOUSAND YEAR MILLENNIUM. Let's have a look at a couple more verses from the Bible with regards to the first resurrection.
Matthew 24;30-31
1Thess 4:16-17
So we have the second coming of Christ Jesus in the above scripture, where He send out His angels to gather the saved. The dead in Christ rise first then those who are in Christ's and still alive at His coming, they are 'caught up' with those who have been ressurected and they meet Christ in the air. A vital point to remember about the second coming of Christ, is that He does not toughed the ground when he return, we meet Him in the air. So we can clearly see THIS IN THE FIRST RESURRECTION ABOVE, and is the starting point of the 1000 year millennium.
From here if it is not clear, I will write some BIBLICAL more verses for a better understanding.

That's fine, take your time. I enjoy that you too are passonate about what you believe and take the time to try and write intelligent scriptural responses. With so many on this forum that just flip quips without respect for the time and effort I put into my posts or review scriptural content, your posts are a wecome change.

The point of my post # 14 (Christ 2nd coming and the START of the first resurrection) are two seperate but related events.

Be well,

JW
You must remember that we are ddifferently in believe. So we are in a debating, not BIBLE studying you are the theacher and I the students. I am using a Mobil, otherwise I also can placed all my knowledge here. I am writing my study over here. When I have my computer you will see much more OF my beliefs.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #27

Post by Checkpoint »

[Replying to post 12 by Pipiripi]
Starting Point for the 1000 years Millennium

So first of all, we need to find the starting point of the thousand year millennium. Can we get a starting from the above verses? Yes! We can see from this verse that the FIRST RESURRECTION START THE THOUSAND YEAR MILLENNIUM.
Wh respect, verse 5 is not the starting point, verse 1 is.

The first resurrection is not the starting point, the binding of Satan is.

So the question to begin with is, just what is the binding of Satan?

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #28

Post by Checkpoint »

Checkpoint wrote: [Replying to post 12 by Pipiripi]
Starting Point for the 1000 years Millennium

So first of all, we need to find the starting point of the thousand year millennium. Can we get a starting from the above verses? Yes! We can see from this verse that the FIRST RESURRECTION START THE THOUSAND YEAR MILLENNIUM.
Wh respect, verse 5 is not the starting point, verse 1 is.

The first resurrection is not the starting point, the binding of Satan is.

So the question to begin with is, just what is the binding of Satan?
Briefly, this is how I see it; scriptures will follow today or tomorrow.

The binding of Satan is the taking away of his hitherto success in deceiving the world.

It is already a spiritual reality, having been brought about by the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The devil is now on a chain, and Jesus holds the keys, and the authority to open and to shut, to bind and to loose.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #29

Post by brianbbs67 »

[Replying to post 28 by Checkpoint]

An aside, but, wasn't Peter given this authority too?

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #30

Post by brianbbs67 »

Pipiripi wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 18 by Checkpoint]

We know Satan is set free after 1000 years because that is what the scripture say.

The bible doesn't explicitly state why it happens but it must happen for a reason (compare Gen 2:17, 22, Genesis 3:15; Gen 1: 31; Romans 5:12, 1 Cor 15:45; Heb 4:15; 11:39-40; 1 John 3:8; Ps 62:12; Rev 22:3a).

Do you think God does things for no reason? You can try to prove Satan is set free for no reason but I don't think you can succeed.
Thus you have confirmed the claim I made in post 18.

Thank you.
I will write some more for you my friend. Your teaching is literally, my teaching is spiritually. Only person with an open mind can understand what the Bible teached. Because the Bible is written by person, who was onder control of a spiritual being. And that was the Holy Spirit.
Their minds in general are not open. i have tried also. I like some of them(as they believe in the Christ) but they refuse to examine their beliefs. I think that is short sighted, but what do I know. My beliefs evolve to God. As I learn I adapt. This appears untenable for Jehovah's witnesses in general. I hold that no one knows the true path to God, except the son and God. There are many paths, but one gate. Christ is the gate keeper. Not any church, person or denomination. So, i don't cast out anyone who believes in God but disagrees with my beliefs. The part i fail to compretend is never questioning anything. Or leting it be questioned.