Predestination Questions

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

imhereforyou
Scholar

Predestination Questions

Post #1

Post by imhereforyou »

Reading through some of Guru's thread I wanted to ask but, so as not to hijack their thread I started a new one as I'm curious about predestination for those that believe in it:

Is predestination 100% or simply the end result?
Meaning, is it only predestination when it comes to the end of your life (or whatever point you wish to choose for sake of discussion), or is every single iota of life also predestined (you were predestined to choose that blueberry muffin and not this one)?

Also, if we're predestined (for hell, for example) is that truly fair to the individuals that go to hell?

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Re: Predestination Questions

Post #21

Post by For_The_Kingdom »

imhereforyou wrote: Reading through some of Guru's thread I wanted to ask but, so as not to hijack their thread I started a new one as I'm curious about predestination for those that believe in it:

Meaning, is it only predestination when it comes to the end of your life (or whatever point you wish to choose for sake of discussion), or is every single iota of life also predestined (you were predestined to choose that blueberry muffin and not this one)?

Also, if we're predestined (for hell, for example) is that truly fair to the individuals that go to hell?
In my humble opinion..the predestination doctrine is the most difficult doctrine and/or concept as it relates to Christian theology. So far, I've yet to see an answer that is able to adequately harmonize free will & predestination.

It remains the most difficult challenge to my faith.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #22

Post by ttruscott »

For_The_Kingdom wrote:In my humble opinion..the predestination doctrine is the most difficult doctrine and/or concept as it relates to Christian theology. So far, I've yet to see an answer that is able to adequately harmonize free will & predestination.

I'm curious, do you reject my description of predestination in post #5 or just the fact is is based on our pre-earth existence? I'll repeat it here so no need to scramble:
ttruscott wrote:PCE Christianity contends that every person created in GOD's image chose their own FATE (their end result) by their free will but to ensure the most perfect redemption of HIS elect who chose to end in of heaven yet also chose to be sinful, GOD has predetermined all LIVES here on earth in conformity to their choices... This also insures that no one suffers any more than their sins deserve while most get some rain and sun (blessings) in their lives.

Predestination is merely a prophecy describing the inevitable fulfillment of HIS promise of election (chosen to end in heaven) to those to be saved from any and all sin. Our free will causes our end fate; HIS predestination of our lives is the result of our choice, corroborating and fulfilling our choice of fates, not the cause of our fate.
I'll gladly answer questions about this...

If you start a new thread in Questions for a Specific User, I can provide a full apology for my belief in PCE.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Post #23

ttruscott wrote:
For_The_Kingdom wrote:In my humble opinion..the predestination doctrine is the most difficult doctrine and/or concept as it relates to Christian theology. So far, I've yet to see an answer that is able to adequately harmonize free will & predestination.

I'm curious, do you reject my description of predestination in post #5 or just the fact is is based on our pre-earth existence? I'll repeat it here so no need to scramble:
ttruscott wrote:PCE Christianity contends that every person created in GOD's image chose their own FATE (their end result) by their free will but to ensure the most perfect redemption of HIS elect who chose to end in of heaven yet also chose to be sinful, GOD has predetermined all LIVES here on earth in conformity to their choices... This also insures that no one suffers any more than their sins deserve while most get some rain and sun (blessings) in their lives.

Predestination is merely a prophecy describing the inevitable fulfillment of HIS promise of election (chosen to end in heaven) to those to be saved from any and all sin. Our free will causes our end fate; HIS predestination of our lives is the result of our choice, corroborating and fulfilling our choice of fates, not the cause of our fate.
I'll gladly answer questions about this...

If you start a new thread in Questions for a Specific User, I can provide a full apology for my belief in PCE.
:cool: Expect a new thread there, soon.

Monta
Guru

Post #24

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 21 by For_The_Kingdom]

"In my humble opinion..the predestination doctrine is the most difficult doctrine and/or concept as it relates to Christian theology. So far, I've yet to see an answer that is able to adequately harmonize free will & predestination.

It remains the most difficult challenge to my faith."

Don't know who started it but predestination is the most
wicked doctrine ever to came out of Christendom.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #25

Post by brianbbs67 »

Monta wrote: [Replying to post 21 by For_The_Kingdom]

"In my humble opinion..the predestination doctrine is the most difficult doctrine and/or concept as it relates to Christian theology. So far, I've yet to see an answer that is able to adequately harmonize free will & predestination.

It remains the most difficult challenge to my faith."

I am guessing the Presbers. Presbertatians have absorbed this doctrine. You are either in the book of life or not. No evangelism necessassary.

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Post #26

Post by TripleZ »

imhereforyou wrote: Reading through some of Guru's thread I wanted to ask but, so as not to hijack their thread I started a new one as I'm curious about predestination for those that believe in it:

,, if I may, what on earth do you base your suppositions on/from about " predestination " ? Ok then, you tell us what it was about Adam the woman in the Garden that God planted for them ?
Who made Adam rebel and disobey God ?

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Post #27

Monta wrote:
How so?

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Post #28

Post by TripleZ »

so which question do we reply to, the " end of life " question or the " other " question ?

Here, this may help..

Isa 46:8 Remember this, and stand firm. Keep it in mind, you rebels.
Isa 46:9 "Remember things that happened at the beginning, long ago — that I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.
Isa 46:10 At the beginning I announce the end, proclaim in advance things not yet done; and I say that my plan will hold, I will do everything I please to do.
Isa 46:11 I call a bird of prey from the east, the man I intended, from a distant country. I have spoken and will bring it about; I have made a plan, and I will fulfill it.
Isa 46:12 Listen to me, you stubborn people, so far from righteousness:
Isa 46:13 I am bringing my justice nearer, it is not far away; my salvation will not be delayed, I will place my salvation in Tziyon for Isra'el my glory.

Gods word prevails...but not many even hear, let alone, listen and follow..

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #29

Post by ttruscott »

Monta wrote:Don't know who started it but predestination is the most wicked doctrine ever to came out of Christendom.
IF our predestined fates are self chosen by our free will decison to reject YHWH as a false god and a liar (by faith, not proof) and as the first liar in all of creation he must be the worst person in all of creation...then where is the wickedness? It is on us, not HIM! This definition of predestination comes out of Christianity too, eh?

The sect that depends most upon predestination is Calvinism and their doctrine goes against scripture and the revealed nature of GOD so it is blasphemous and, yes, it came out of Christian doctrine but obviously it is not from the Christian Spirit who claims GOD can do no evil.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Post #30

Post by TripleZ »

brianbbs67 wrote: I would say no to predestination. God may know what we will, ultimately choose, but doesn't force us to do that. He is good. I think people use predestination as a crutch to relieve them of guilt(in their minds).
I agree with you how ever ( there is always an H" how ever " ) I do not know why people say and or talk about god forcing us too do things, or anything ? How is this nay part of anything..
The point is that Adam had free will and he proved mankind fault/s without being forced into sin/error.
Bless you.........