Predestination Questions

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

imhereforyou
Scholar

Predestination Questions

Post #1

Post by imhereforyou »

Reading through some of Guru's thread I wanted to ask but, so as not to hijack their thread I started a new one as I'm curious about predestination for those that believe in it:

Is predestination 100% or simply the end result?
Meaning, is it only predestination when it comes to the end of your life (or whatever point you wish to choose for sake of discussion), or is every single iota of life also predestined (you were predestined to choose that blueberry muffin and not this one)?

Also, if we're predestined (for hell, for example) is that truly fair to the individuals that go to hell?

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #11

Post by ttruscott »

brianbbs67 wrote: I would say no to predestination. God may know what we will, ultimately choose, but doesn't force us to do that. He is good. I think people use predestination as a crutch to relieve them of guilt(in their minds).
But predestination of our actions is 100% against us choosing our actions by free will...you need to rethink this methinks.
Last edited by ttruscott on Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: Predestination Questions

Post #12

Post by ttruscott »

imhereforyou wrote: [Replying to post 5 by ttruscott]

Apologies if I missed it, but where (at what time) do people make this decision?
Is it during their lives or before?
It was before the creation of the physical universe (which we all saw, Job 38:7 and Rom 2:20) in Sheol, the world of the Spirits made in HIS image.

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #13

Post by ttruscott »

imhereforyou wrote: It is safe to understand that, IYO, our lives and our life have different time frames?
I have no idea what this means...sorry...

Monta
Guru

Post #14

Post by Monta »

ttruscott wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote: I would say no to predestination. God may know what we will, ultimately choose, but doesn't force us to do that. He is good. I think people use predestination as a crutch to relieve them of guilt(in their minds).
But predestination of our actions is 100% against us choosing our actions by free will...you need to rethink this methinks.
I can say that God has predestined me not to commit murder
but this on the basis that God knows my inmost nature
that under any circumstance i would not be capable of doing it.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #15

Post by ttruscott »

Monta wrote:I can say that God has predestined me not to commit murder but this on the basis that God knows my inmost nature that under any circumstance i would not be capable of doing it.
I too think that our predestined lives are a reflection of the relationship we chose with YHWH pre-human life, designed to sanctify HIS sinful elect.

But Adam and Eve were self fooled, not believing they could ever break a command of GOD because they did not accept that their friendship with the serpent (and his people) could be evil and make them sinners so they were not ashamed of their friendship with him at all. From such humble beginnings, religious murder was only one generation away.

imhereforyou
Scholar

Post #16

Post by imhereforyou »

ttruscott wrote:
imhereforyou wrote: It is safe to understand that, IYO, our lives and our life have different time frames?

No worries - you answered it to my satisfaction in the post before this one :P

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Post #17

Post by TripleZ »

so where in the Bible/Scriptures is this topic mentioned ?
Why does so many want to second guess God and then believe their own guesswork ?

Isa 46:10 At the beginning I announce the end, proclaim in advance things not yet done; and I say that my plan will hold, I will do everything I please to do.

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Post #18

Post by TripleZ »

ttruscott wrote:
you this is YOUR supposition and not Gods word, right ?

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #19

Post by ttruscott »

TripleZ wrote:
ttruscott wrote:
you this is YOUR supposition and not Gods word, right ?
I'll assume that you are referring to my post #15:

I was led to my theology by the Spirit. It is a logical exegesis of what is written and does not support the two blasphemies that orthodoxy rests on at present so I think it is superior.

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Post #20

Post by TripleZ »

imhereforyou wrote: [Replying to post 5 by ttruscott]

Apologies if I missed it, but where (at what time) do people make this decision?
Is it during their lives or before?
I do believe that you are correct about " religion/s " as you state above..