When the Bible does not promote or condone, then what?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

micatala
Site Supporter

Post #1

Post by micatala »

This thread is prompted by the often-made statement.
I have asked you to provide any evidence "from the Bible" (since you have offered that you are a priest), where sodomy/perderasty-homosexuality-Gay, is celebrated, supported, condoned, promoted, or preached as acceptable, anywhere in the New Testament
The implication is that, since the Bible nowhere promotes, condones, or 'celebrates' homosexuality, this is further indication it should be condemned.

Question for debate:

Is this a valid conclusion?

Are there other examples of behaviors, views, etc. that are not promoted, condoned, or celebrated in the Bible, but that Christians typically do not condemn?

1John2_26
Guru

Post #171

Post by 1John2_26 »

***We can all learn a lot from listening.***

From "listening" to what and whom?
All sides of an issue. Even that horrific reliigious pastor in Kansas screaming at people about the wrath of God has a perspective to at least listen to. Duscard his anger and hatred and sift out what he is saying.

I do this with homosexual political and social activists. I listen and sift through their words and actions. "I" have come to the conclusion that both the guy in Kansas and what the aims and goals are of gay avtivists stand in direct opposition to the Gospel of Christ Jesus.

I get to my decision by listening and reading, and seeing what is and what isn't anti-Christian. It is clearly anti-Christian to force Christians submit to only homosexuals deciding sexuality issues. They oppose the Bible. It clear that Christ Jesus would not scream at homosexuals and people burying their relatives. Both issues can be decided by listening and researching both and matching up their statments and actions to what the New Testament (in the case of Christianity) has spoken out on.
There seem to be a majority of believers, that think they should coerce and influence or pressure others into believing the same things they do.

Jesus was more than forceful to present His theology onto mankind. There is no other option offered by Christ Jesus and any follower whose writings are in the New Testament, but that of Christ Jesus.

One must discard the New Testament and of course the Old Testament, to arrive at the goals of homosexuals and intolerant and mean preachers.
I'm not going to "listen" to a person that proves that's what they intend to do. I don't want to become like them, and I see not reason to BE like them.

It is better to live the way Christ Jesus advises us to live in the Gospels. For homosexuals this does not include same-gender marriages, and many aspects of what they want to force on the world by secular laws. I wouldn't think any Christian would want to be like that Kansas preacher.
If we zoom OUT, just a little, it's not hard to see how much some people PLAY GOD;
Not zoom out, but better to examine closely. That is Biblical advice. The Bible does not condone children being raised by two daddies living as a representation of "parents." As a matter of nature, it is impossible for two males to create a family with offsring. Same goes for the lesbian faction of the Gay Agenda. One would think that if a person is being honest about standing firm that they were born same-gender sex attracted, that it would follow that the exclusive desires to bear offspring would "inherntly" be only present in the heterosexual "mind."

Once they make a Biblical stand, they can be challenged and shown in error. There is no need to go any further than to ask politley that they either change and deal with the Bible accurately, or go there seperate way. The Bible, in the New Testament presentation of a working society, makes that clear. There are many spin-offs of the true Gospel community. We are to let them exist until the end of time. Defending constantly against their cunning and insidious desire to persuade our ranks to abandon the Faith presented by Christ Jesus, and allowing God and His Angels, to protect the believers from evil, and seperate these heretical people from influencing Christians at the end of the age.
. . . they believe that their biblical view gives them power and authority to mold the lives of others; it doesn't (but it's hard to convince them of that).

It is imossible for a believer to alter the Truth of God whenever the Bible calls for confession, repentance and change. This might be easy for the heretic to change anytime they want to, but it is not advised that followers of Christ Jesus alter His words to allow for wrongdoing to be equated with a contrite and beautiful person to always be forgiven if they ask to be forgiven.
If I don't see someone as a decent person, why would I listen to or trust in them? (Get real.)
You must try to see that Satan can masquerade as an angel of light.

Every Christian must hold firm the hope that any person can join in the labor and become a laborer for Christ Jesus at anytime. Hope must never be discarded that any person at any time can come into the body of Christ. But that cannot happen if people choose their own selfishness takes precedent over others. The parable of the workers in Matthew 20 makes it clear that anyone can decide at any moment, to work for Christ Jesus. Everyone is equal that joins in whenever they do. Let's hope that the last will indeed join us. What a hope there is in Christ, that anyone can leave their sloth, apathy and selfish motives and work for the Gospel.

But there are deceivers that snaek in as well.

Matthew 24 makes it all too clear that many that will be among us will be our biggest threat.
9"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

45"Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47I tell you the truth, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, 'My master is staying away a long time,' 49and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
As the anti-Christian world turns its support for homosexual political power to actions against Christians, they are always condemning Christians for "keeping" the faith. Matthew 5:
11"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Salt and Light
13"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.
14"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
Are Christians to hate "anyone?" Does the fact that the Gay Community hates us mean we hate back? We are to keep the faith. Love is showing those in darkness the way out the only way it can be achieved. With light.
43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
The writer of John's epistles lived in eerily similar situations that face the Christians now. We see now that licentiousness is not opposed, and indeed supported by many that claim an enlightened mind. And that purity of the Gospel life is thought of as hateful and intolerant.

The Bible does not condone believers joining together with anti-Christians. Believers must help one another when attacks ravage our ranks and deceivers cunningly take our brothers and sisters into a life lived for things other than the Gospel.
4It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us.

5And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. 6And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

7Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. 8Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. 9Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. 11Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work.
To Titus:
15To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.
The Roman and Greek societies that the early Christians came out of is once again the order of the world today. As Islam slaughters Christians in African nations, western secularists have desires to eliminate Christian life as well.

Paul urged Titus to teach the truth anyway, to a world that had little caring for or about Christians:
11For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. 12It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

15These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.
Are we Christians to become political players trying to influence the ungodly in their world, with their tactics? Let the anti-Christians have their world and take our place with Christ Jesus for our entire lives. The best we can in an age that taers at us in every imaginable way.

The Bible does not condone us to become like the world, but only to respect authorities when forced to do so. Their evil ways cannot effect and infect us unless we let it by letting the evil influences a place in our Churches and congregations. That is advised against. The world may indeed hate us Christians, but it must not come from us being like them.
Titus 3
Doing What is Good
1Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, 2to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men.

3At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another.

4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.

9But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless.

10Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him. 11You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

Realize that the Bible has dealt with what to promte and condone and that the question itself can be seen as an attempt to deceive the elect. Of course that is not possible. We have been told this "ahead of time." What we need to deal with is protecting the Church body worldwide and love each other enough to preach the truth no matter the cost.

Mark was told this and his love for us is still alive and well today.
22For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive the elect—if that were possible. 23So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time.[/quote]

No Christian should be surprised with the world. And certainly how the world deals with us.

melikio
Guru

It's all a matter of time.

Post #172

Post by melikio »

1John,

Be EVERYTHING as it may; I'm to the point where discussing and arguing things here as it has been, is not very fruitful.

Nothing I've seen here has shown me how to FIX or CHANGE anything about being homosexual. The most you've done, is show how un-Christian or wrong you believe it is...etc.

I don't think there is anything left to discuss, except what people should do (or not do) when they are in a hands-on situation concerning homosexuals. For the fact remains, that we aren't merely going to disappear from the planet, or likely be converted to a heterosexual-orientation. Even the groups which claim to CHANGE people, don't have much proof that is a viable thing to even try, and the well-founded APA amongst other groups dealing with mental health have shown that homosexuality isn't something the vast majority of people can change.

Another fact, that I think you find disturbing, is that even peole who are "Christian", interpret differently and place differnt emphases upon things than you yourself do. That also is inescapable, and likely impossible to come to any perfect resolution.

Most of this must be left to individual consciences and the weight of law, as defined under America's Constitution (for those living here). So, the arguments at that level will continue, until such time there is no America or no Constitution. And whether it takes 1 year or 1000 years for that to happen, I think it's evident that is where most of these arguments lead (in the most practical sense).

Homosexual people will never stop fighting for their basic human rights, and many who are "Christian" will continue to question homosexuality, in large part because religion isn't particularly logical and it is extremely resistant to change (even ideas that are "wrong" take a long time to turn around). I believe that human nature splices itself onto religion, as much as experiences tend to splice things onto our lives.

If God exists (and only by faith do I believe He does), I can't see how He is like you or the things you describe; I CAN'T believe in a God like that, and to put it simply, there are many ex-Christians who are now atheists, who also realize such a God is HIGHLY questionable (for good, solid reasons which take another set of threads to discuss).

I believe there are some GOOD (even Godly) things in the Bible, but there are many subtle or nuanced meanings to fathom overall. Some of those things belong to sessions between God and the INDIVIDUAL alone; not mobs of so-called "believers" hunting down sinners like they are "Frankenstein" with holy torches and pitchforks in their hands (cruelty, force, coercion) demanding that people "change".

No, this really isn't worth discussin anymore at this level; and I have learned from it (not necessarily the things you would want me to. Even so, it IS time (for me and others who are homosexual) to make sure that things happen politically and legally; it's best to take things to the next level. No, it's not the imagined gay-agenda that you have so often frothed at the brain about, it's just a matter of reasonable civil rights for those who happen to be "homosexual". And that is not something that we can just sit around waiting and hoping that heterosexual people will just hand over to us.

So, while I don't advocate for anyone to be/become homosexual, I believe that homosexual people have been mistreated (I know it first hand), and that laws must be put in place to ensure things don't get worse over time. The Bible can/will always be argued between people (nothing new about that), but that book will not always be a relevant as it seems to be today... that will come about by necessity, slowly but surely.

-Mel-
"It is better to BE more like Jesus and assume to speak less for God." -MA-

Suzanne
Scholar

Post #173

Post by Suzanne »

IJohn WROTE;

****No Christian should be surprised with the world. And certainly how the world deals with us.*****

I have gotten to where I am not surprised at anything the WORLD can dish out anymore. YET IF WE AS CHRISTIANS ever get to where we SEPERATE OURSELVES COMPLETELY??? AND THE LOVE LIGHT OF what is within us CANNOT be shown then WHO AND WHAT EARTHLY GOOD ARE ANY OF US?????? THAT ARE CALLED CHRISTIANS believers of OUR LORD AND SAVIOR IF WE ARE NOT ANY MORE EARTHLY GOOD then THE EARTHEN VESSELS I suppose are NOT WORTH KEEPING ALIVE ANY MORE either ARE THEY???????? ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE THIS..... FOR LIFE AND DEATH GOD HOLDS IN HIS HAND LIKE IT OR NOT.. YET BY FAITH IN HIS WORD OF TRUTH I AM STILL HERE. HAVING BEEN GIVEN LIFE BY THE SAME GOD THAT HAS GIVEN YOU YOURS..

1John2_26 wrote:
***We can all learn a lot from listening.***

From "listening" to what and whom?
All sides of an issue. Even that horrific reliigious pastor in Kansas screaming at people about the wrath of God has a perspective to at least listen to. Duscard his anger and hatred and sift out what he is saying.

I do this with homosexual political and social activists. I listen and sift through their words and actions. "I" have come to the conclusion that both the guy in Kansas and what the aims and goals are of gay avtivists stand in direct opposition to the Gospel of Christ Jesus.

I get to my decision by listening and reading, and seeing what is and what isn't anti-Christian. It is clearly anti-Christian to force Christians submit to only homosexuals deciding sexuality issues. They oppose the Bible. It clear that Christ Jesus would not scream at homosexuals and people burying their relatives. Both issues can be decided by listening and researching both and matching up their statments and actions to what the New Testament (in the case of Christianity) has spoken out on.
There seem to be a majority of believers, that think they should coerce and influence or pressure others into believing the same things they do.

Jesus was more than forceful to present His theology onto mankind. There is no other option offered by Christ Jesus and any follower whose writings are in the New Testament, but that of Christ Jesus.

One must discard the New Testament and of course the Old Testament, to arrive at the goals of homosexuals and intolerant and mean preachers.
I'm not going to "listen" to a person that proves that's what they intend to do. I don't want to become like them, and I see not reason to BE like them.

It is better to live the way Christ Jesus advises us to live in the Gospels. For homosexuals this does not include same-gender marriages, and many aspects of what they want to force on the world by secular laws. I wouldn't think any Christian would want to be like that Kansas preacher.
If we zoom OUT, just a little, it's not hard to see how much some people PLAY GOD;
Not zoom out, but better to examine closely. That is Biblical advice. The Bible does not condone children being raised by two daddies living as a representation of "parents." As a matter of nature, it is impossible for two males to create a family with offsring. Same goes for the lesbian faction of the Gay Agenda. One would think that if a person is being honest about standing firm that they were born same-gender sex attracted, that it would follow that the exclusive desires to bear offspring would "inherntly" be only present in the heterosexual "mind."

Once they make a Biblical stand, they can be challenged and shown in error. There is no need to go any further than to ask politley that they either change and deal with the Bible accurately, or go there seperate way. The Bible, in the New Testament presentation of a working society, makes that clear. There are many spin-offs of the true Gospel community. We are to let them exist until the end of time. Defending constantly against their cunning and insidious desire to persuade our ranks to abandon the Faith presented by Christ Jesus, and allowing God and His Angels, to protect the believers from evil, and seperate these heretical people from influencing Christians at the end of the age.
. . . they believe that their biblical view gives them power and authority to mold the lives of others; it doesn't (but it's hard to convince them of that).

It is imossible for a believer to alter the Truth of God whenever the Bible calls for confession, repentance and change. This might be easy for the heretic to change anytime they want to, but it is not advised that followers of Christ Jesus alter His words to allow for wrongdoing to be equated with a contrite and beautiful person to always be forgiven if they ask to be forgiven.
If I don't see someone as a decent person, why would I listen to or trust in them? (Get real.)
You must try to see that Satan can masquerade as an angel of light.

Every Christian must hold firm the hope that any person can join in the labor and become a laborer for Christ Jesus at anytime. Hope must never be discarded that any person at any time can come into the body of Christ. But that cannot happen if people choose their own selfishness takes precedent over others. The parable of the workers in Matthew 20 makes it clear that anyone can decide at any moment, to work for Christ Jesus. Everyone is equal that joins in whenever they do. Let's hope that the last will indeed join us. What a hope there is in Christ, that anyone can leave their sloth, apathy and selfish motives and work for the Gospel.

But there are deceivers that snaek in as well.

Matthew 24 makes it all too clear that many that will be among us will be our biggest threat.
9"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

45"Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47I tell you the truth, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, 'My master is staying away a long time,' 49and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
As the anti-Christian world turns its support for homosexual political power to actions against Christians, they are always condemning Christians for "keeping" the faith. Matthew 5:
11"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Salt and Light
13"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.
14"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
Are Christians to hate "anyone?" Does the fact that the Gay Community hates us mean we hate back? We are to keep the faith. Love is showing those in darkness the way out the only way it can be achieved. With light.
43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
The writer of John's epistles lived in eerily similar situations that face the Christians now. We see now that licentiousness is not opposed, and indeed supported by many that claim an enlightened mind. And that purity of the Gospel life is thought of as hateful and intolerant.

The Bible does not condone believers joining together with anti-Christians. Believers must help one another when attacks ravage our ranks and deceivers cunningly take our brothers and sisters into a life lived for things other than the Gospel.
4It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us.

5And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. 6And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

7Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. 8Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. 9Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. 11Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work.
To Titus:
15To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.
The Roman and Greek societies that the early Christians came out of is once again the order of the world today. As Islam slaughters Christians in African nations, western secularists have desires to eliminate Christian life as well.

Paul urged Titus to teach the truth anyway, to a world that had little caring for or about Christians:
11For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. 12It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

15These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.
Are we Christians to become political players trying to influence the ungodly in their world, with their tactics? Let the anti-Christians have their world and take our place with Christ Jesus for our entire lives. The best we can in an age that taers at us in every imaginable way.

The Bible does not condone us to become like the world, but only to respect authorities when forced to do so. Their evil ways cannot effect and infect us unless we let it by letting the evil influences a place in our Churches and congregations. That is advised against. The world may indeed hate us Christians, but it must not come from us being like them.
Titus 3
Doing What is Good
1Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, 2to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men.

3At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another.

4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.

9But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless.

10Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him. 11You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

Realize that the Bible has dealt with what to promte and condone and that the question itself can be seen as an attempt to deceive the elect. Of course that is not possible. We have been told this "ahead of time." What we need to deal with is protecting the Church body worldwide and love each other enough to preach the truth no matter the cost.

Mark was told this and his love for us is still alive and well today.
22For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive the elect—if that were possible. 23So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time.[/quote]

No Christian should be surprised with the world. And certainly how the world deals with us.

Suzanne
Scholar

Re: It's all a matter of time.

Post #174

Post by Suzanne »

Mel;
I am sorry that you cannot understand what the SCRIPTURES SAY. For it is afte all THE LORD GODS WORD that has been written and said . NO MATTER whether I as a CHRISTIAN LIKE IT or not or whether YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. GOD HAS HAD IT ALL written for US TO benifit by that THAT HE HAS said and done for us all.

GRANTED the HOMOSEXUAL COMMUNITY will never give up their right to be FREE TO be AGAINST GOD and HIS WAY of doing SEX.

THAT HOWEVER will never change the TRUTH of what HE HAS MADE CREATED SAID AND DONE ABOUT THE SIN of SODOMY which is what the SODOMITES OF OLD PRACTICED. and DID. which was no more then having IMMORAL SINFUL ACTS OF SEXUAL RELATIONS with THE SAME SEX .. this is WRITTEN ABOUT and shown to be SIN in the OLD TESTAMENT, with the Writting of LOT, THE ANGELS that were sent to destroy the CITY.. and so it was.. BY FIRE!!! LOT and his daughters were saved yet his wife was not. She was turned into a pillar of salt because of DISOBEDIENCE. YOU see disobedience to the LORD GOD always brings DISTRUCTION . and Lots wife was DESTROYED if you want to consider a pillar of salt People envision this as a STONE PILLAR. well a PILLAR of salt can very well be a stone pillar. I will not even get into that with you.. For HOMOSEXUALITY is the SUBJECT right??

anyway.. MANY people that have been in that situation have TURNED from it and gone on to marry and have children and been very happy family men and woman. YET THEY HAAVE NOT done it just by their own VOLITION.. IT TOOK FAITH IN the LORD .. and belief in HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON WE AS believers Christians CALL JESUS the RISEN CHRIST JESUS . that the GOSPEL, THE HOLY BIBLE, OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT and THE BOOK OF REVELATION is all about..

IF you have not agreed with THIS BOOK OF BOOKS and THE LORD THAT HAS HAD IT written for us then HOW can you even begin to understand or believe what any CHRISTIAN would have to say to you about the PROBLEM OF SODOMY..... and THE life you are admitting to??? You did not say you were a PRACTICING ACTIVE HOMOSEXUAL .. IF not then MORE POWER TO YOU AND MAY GOD GIVE YOU A LOVING WIFE (FEMALE) TO HAVE AND IF you desire a CHILD OF YOUR OWN. may you be GRANTED THAT ALSO.

You should not ever deny the power of the LORD GOD.. AND WHAT GOD CAN DO .. HE GAVE YOU FAITH ALSO.. and THE WORD OF HIS TRUTH is as much for you as it is for ME.. READ WHAT the LORD HAS ALREADY SAID and done. THE TRUTH OF THE LORD will make you FREE. IN MORE WAYS then ONE..

melikio wrote:1John,

Be EVERYTHING as it may; I'm to the point where discussing and arguing things here as it has been, is not very fruitful.

Nothing I've seen here has shown me how to FIX or CHANGE anything about being homosexual. The most you've done, is show how un-Christian or wrong you believe it is...etc.

I don't think there is anything left to discuss, except what people should do (or not do) when they are in a hands-on situation concerning homosexuals. For the fact remains, that we aren't merely going to disappear from the planet, or likely be converted to a heterosexual-orientation. Even the groups which claim to CHANGE people, don't have much proof that is a viable thing to even try, and the well-founded APA amongst other groups dealing with mental health have shown that homosexuality isn't something the vast majority of people can change.

Another fact, that I think you find disturbing, is that even peole who are "Christian", interpret differently and place differnt emphases upon things than you yourself do. That also is inescapable, and likely impossible to come to any perfect resolution.

Most of this must be left to individual consciences and the weight of law, as defined under America's Constitution (for those living here). So, the arguments at that level will continue, until such time there is no America or no Constitution. And whether it takes 1 year or 1000 years for that to happen, I think it's evident that is where most of these arguments lead (in the most practical sense).

Homosexual people will never stop fighting for their basic human rights, and many who are "Christian" will continue to question homosexuality, in large part because religion isn't particularly logical and it is extremely resistant to change (even ideas that are "wrong" take a long time to turn around). I believe that human nature splices itself onto religion, as much as experiences tend to splice things onto our lives.

If God exists (and only by faith do I believe He does), I can't see how He is like you or the things you describe; I CAN'T believe in a God like that, and to put it simply, there are many ex-Christians who are now atheists, who also realize such a God is HIGHLY questionable (for good, solid reasons which take another set of threads to discuss).

I believe there are some GOOD (even Godly) things in the Bible, but there are many subtle or nuanced meanings to fathom overall. Some of those things belong to sessions between God and the INDIVIDUAL alone; not mobs of so-called "believers" hunting down sinners like they are "Frankenstein" with holy torches and pitchforks in their hands (cruelty, force, coercion) demanding that people "change".

No, this really isn't worth discussin anymore at this level; and I have learned from it (not necessarily the things you would want me to. Even so, it IS time (for me and others who are homosexual) to make sure that things happen politically and legally; it's best to take things to the next level. No, it's not the imagined gay-agenda that you have so often frothed at the brain about, it's just a matter of reasonable civil rights for those who happen to be "homosexual". And that is not something that we can just sit around waiting and hoping that heterosexual people will just hand over to us.

So, while I don't advocate for anyone to be/become homosexual, I believe that homosexual people have been mistreated (I know it first hand), and that laws must be put in place to ensure things don't get worse over time. The Bible can/will always be argued between people (nothing new about that), but that book will not always be a relevant as it seems to be today... that will come about by necessity, slowly but surely.

-Mel-

melikio
Guru

Sorry? (Ok.)

Post #175

Post by melikio »

Mel;
I am sorry that you cannot understand what the SCRIPTURES SAY. For it is afte all THE LORD GODS WORD that has been written and said . NO MATTER whether I as a CHRISTIAN LIKE IT or not or whether YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. GOD HAS HAD IT ALL written for US TO benifit by that THAT HE HAS said and done for us all.
Like it or not, you don't get to control the lives of others, by what you truths you THINK you believe.

There is a limit to the power you have over another human being; that is mainly what I'm saying.

I feel far more "sorry" for others, who can't understand that they aren't placed here to control others, than you (likely) feel sorry for me.

-Mel-

micatala
Site Supporter

Post #176

Post by micatala »

Suzanne wrote:I am sorry that you cannot understand what the SCRIPTURES SAY. For it is afte all THE LORD GODS WORD that has been written and said .
But you see, Suzanne, this is just the problem. Mel does understand scripture. I understand scripture. You and 1John understand scripture.

But our understanding is inherently imperfect, and as a result, we have come to different understandings.

I accept that this is the case, and though I might argue for the correctness of some of my positions, for others I simply acknowledge I don't know for sure if I am right, and even when I think I am right, I know that that may not be the case.

You and 1John seem not willing to acknowledge this, at least when it comes to this issue.

It is an error to believe that all homosexuals are being willfully disobedient to God. Many have tried to change, and have found that it is not possible. Those of us who are not homosexual should not presume to understand their struggle better than they do, and judge them as being 'aberrations' or 'disordered' or 'diseased.' There is no justification for such labels or judgments.

1John2_26
Guru

Post #177

Post by 1John2_26 »

Melikio wrote:
The Bible can/will always be argued between people (nothing new about that),

but that book will not always be a relevant as it seems to be today... that will come about by necessity, slowly but surely.
The Gay Agenda.

Finally after so many posts from you Mel, we get to see an important part of it from your own words.
Melikio wrote:
I don't think there is anything left to discuss, except what people should do (or not do) when they are in a hands-on situation concerning homosexuals.
There is nothing further to discuss in a Christian context.

It is clear that secular laws are sought and will be used to force Christians submit to the Gay Agenda:
Melikio wrote:
Even so, it IS time (for me and others who are homosexual) to make sure that things happen politically and legally;

. . . it's best to take things to the next level.
No, it's not the imagined gay-agenda that you have so often frothed at the brain about, it's just a matter of reasonable civil rights for those who happen to be "homosexual".
Though imposed upon Christians by homosexuals. Now seeing "it is time" to make it happen by secular laws. No need to froth over an actual reality.
Homosexuals involved with social/Christian issues, are demanding too much. They are demanding to alter and indeed abolish Christianity. You have just written as much. I have never once in any post since you and I began our debating, have ever called you a non-Christian. You are not a homosexual to me or any Christian I know. You are a person. Only a person. Your physical actions are your own. But what you and every other homosexual demand is too much. The Bible is clear on what is and what isn't allowable to alter. You do not want to "be" what we are; Repentant and submissive people to the Gospel of salvation. You opinion does appear to not tolerate the New Testament and it does want it "changed."

That is not allowed. It goes too far. In fact celebrating homosexuality and forcing same-gender marriage be accepted by Christians "or they will have to face legal sanctions," is evil. I have the writings in the New Testament to make that connection. If anyone brings that on Christians they do it with the sanction of something other than decency or justice or God. Evil is the motivating factor to force this secular evil onto Christians. I have every writer in the New Testament to back that up. Melikio, you have made your statement on the worth of the Bible. Though notice; I have never accused you of not being a Christian.

All I can hope for is for you to see the error of what you stated. Whatever causes a person to desire sexual interactions with a person of the same gender, that cannot alter the word of God. That desire goes too far. Not one writer in the New Testament or the consistent history of the actions of Christians since the inception of the Church, agrees with your opinion on the Bible waning in importance in any age.
Micatala wrote:
But you see, Suzanne, this is just the problem. Mel does understand scripture. I understand scripture. You and 1John understand scripture.

But our understanding is inherently imperfect, and as a result, we have come to different understandings.
In some cases innocent, and in some cases evil. Yoking ourselves with unbelievers or anti-Christ's, is not a good thing to do. Would any Biblical writer disagree with that?

John?
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.
Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. 8Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully.

Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work.
And we have arrived at different places to worship.

Too bad not equally.

It appears that in The Gay Agenda, that laws will be passed to only attack Christians that disagree with homosexual interpretations and religious and secular freedoms.

The Bible does not promote or condone Christians joining our adversaries.

It is time to see the writing on the wall, and what is being weighed and what is being found wanting. Altering or expunging the New Testament is pure attack and hatred towards Christians. Whatever fate is in store for people who engage in homosexuality, changing and altering the Bible is not sanctioned in anyone's future.

As for me and my house we will serve the Lord, unedited and unaltered.

Like Paul's advice to Timothy:
In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Melikio wrote:
The Bible can/will always be argued between people (nothing new about that),

but that book will not always be a relevant as it seems to be today... that will come about by necessity, slowly but surely.
It is clear that the writers of the New Testament advising believers in Christ Jesus (called Christians first at Antioch) didn't see doctrine as some day not being relevant.

We Christians cannot claim ignorance or excuses. That is not in keeping with the advice and warnings written so well in the letters from Paul (and others):
But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth—men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected.

But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.
Whatever fate awaits Christians in this rapidly changing world and its moral decay, the word of God remains.

Luke reported what Jesus said to His followers:
"It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

And what was said to the followers about Jesus:
They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."
I'm done here. All I can do on the subject of this thread, is pray that God will heal those that hate Christians (for submitting their lives to Christ Jesus). To bless those that trust the living word of God, and live their lives realizing that sin and rebellion is not to be celebrated, condoned or promoted, in their own lives, or ignored in those that hate Christians.

The Gospel is to be preached unaltered - no matter what - until the end of time.

melikio
Guru

More to Consider

Post #178

Post by melikio »

Melikio wrote:
The Bible can/will always be argued between people (nothing new about that), but that book will not always be a[s] relevant as it seems to be today... that will come about by necessity, slowly but surely.
1John replied: The Gay Agenda.

No, not the "Gay Agenda"; you misunderstand what I say, yet again. Oh well.
Finally after so many posts from you Mel, we get to see an important part of it from your own words.
Am I particularly wrong to point that out? I mean, "Christianity" is NOT the first and ONLY "religion", that other "knowledge" has caused an adjustment to over time. As I've said many many times: God may not change, but that which people understand and interpret about Him (even from the Bible) absolutely changes over time.
Melikio wrote:
I don't think there is anything left to discuss, except what people should do (or not do) when they are in a hands-on situation concerning homosexuals.
There is nothing further to discuss in a Christian context.
Sure there is; perhaps there is nothing to discuss from the "Christian context" you prefer (or find acceptable), but there is certainly more to discuss. (Don't be delusional about that.)
It is clear that secular laws are sought and will be used to force Christians submit to the Gay Agenda:

Here comes the anti-gay "hype".

Melikio wrote:
Even so, it IS time (for me and others who are homosexual) to make sure that things happen politically and legally; . . . it's best to take things to the next level.
Yep. The discussions can continue at THIS level, but to have better resolution, I don't think we can approach all of it from a biblical perspective. The Bible can certainly be considered by all who have a view of things, but it does not offer the only realistic or practical view of an issue which it is sometimes very vague about.
Mel wrote:
No, it's not the imagined gay-agenda that you have so often frothed at the brain about, it's just a matter of reasonable civil rights for those who happen to be "homosexual".
Yep. It sure is.
Though imposed upon Christians by homosexuals. Now seeing "it is time" to make it happen by secular laws. No need to froth over an actual reality.

1John, what you call "actual reality", is often a matter of what you perceive. You DO NOT get to define "reality" for every darned person. (When are you going to accept that man?!!)
Mel wrote:
1John wrote: Homosexuals involved with social/Christian issues, are demanding too much.

YOU read and dig for the most EXTREME and CRAZY crap, then you comment on it, as if every homosexual is walking lock-step with that radical stuff you are so obsessed with. I've been around gay and straight people ALL OF MY LIFE; and I've never heard that whacky thinking come from anyone. I've only seen it on the NET, and you seem to buy into it hook, line and sinker.

Many gay people DO have an agenda, but not anything like the Twilight-Zone-esque ideas you illuminate in this forum. I just isn't like you say; and you can't accept that. Oh well.
They are demanding to alter and indeed abolish Christianity.
You have just written as much.
You are LYING, or you misunderstand what I have said. And more than that, you prove that you know so very little about me at all. THen again, this is the internet, and it isn't likely you could really know me.
I have never once in any post since you and I began our debating, have ever called you a non-Christian.
Y
It really doesn't matter what you call me; I kind of wonder what you mean by "Christian" anyway.
You are not a homosexual to me or any Christian I know. You are a person. Only a person.

1John, I am a "person" with a homosexual-orientation. It is not a non-issue in this world, and you really need to understand that. I used to DREAM of it being a NON-ISSUE. You and many like you, are the very people who make things so freaking hard, for even a celibate gay man/woman, to live in peace in this world. I spent my ENTIRE YOUTH, quietly waiting for the kind of acceptance you imply. I was/am very self-controlled with my sexuality (not perfect); but it is sure COMMON to hear the most cruel BS ever, coming from even "Christians", who haven't really learned how to LOVE a "sinner". So, don't imply that I can just be a "person"; it doesn't work that way (as much as most gay people would like for it to); GET REAL... or find yourself (and even certain portions of your beliefs) relegated to irrelevance.
Your physical actions are your own.
Of course. But there is little doubt that some would attempt to control others, even using "Christianty" as justification.
But what you and every other homosexual demand is too much.

If you think that I and every other homosexual, ascribes to that STUPID imaginary "agenda" you've convinced yourself exists, then yes... the demands would be too much. But with ALL of my posts taken in their proper context, there is no real proof that I would ascribe to any such foolish agenda. (GET REAL.)
The Bible is clear on what is and what isn't allowable to alter.

Who altered anything? We all interpret that book. YOu have no more proof that YOUR approach is anymore "right" (in the absolute sense), as most other people posting here. You've been told that is the case by many, but now it seems near impossible to convince you of that basic truth. You DO NOT have the truth "cornered", 1John.
You do not want to "be" what we are; Repentant and submissive people to the Gospel of salvation. You opinion does appear to not tolerate the New Testament and it does want it "changed."
Wrong on all counts. (Shall I proceed to make unauthorized judgements about YOU? I won't, because it breaks the rules of this forum.) YOU don't know a thing, about what is in my heart. I don't know if you are the biggest sinner, or the biggest saint on the planet... I can't prove that about YOU, and you can't do that about ME. (Get REAL.)
That is not allowed. It goes too far.

You are so in line with "truth", that no grace need be applied to your perceptions and biblical interpretations? (Think it over.)
In fact celebrating homosexuality and forcing same-gender marriage be accepted by Christians "or they will have to face legal sanctions," is evil.

This could be a separate thread. I wouldn't condone any such "forcing", just as I despise "Christians" overstepping their authority, to force a "CHANGE" upon homosexual people.
I have the writings in the New Testament to make that connection.

You interpretation of biblical writings, helps you to rationalize any such "connection". And I'm not saying that others haven't done the same, but it's as if you seem to think you have the MOST EXCELLENT interpretation of ALL. (Get OVER YOURSELF.)
If anyone brings that on Christians they do it with the sanction of something other than decency or justice or God.

The way most homosexual people have been treated throughout the centuries, is certainly awaiting a review by God Himself (IMV).
Evil is the motivating factor to force this secular evil onto Christians.

Is it that you think/believe "Christians" cannot force "religious evil" onto other human beings? (Think it over.)
I have every writer in the New Testament to back that up.
No, you have YOUR interpretations of every writer in the New Testament, to help you rationalize your opinions and positions. And you need to understand that every Christian IS subject to doing the same exact thing (albeit in varying degrees).
Melikio, you have made your statement on the worth of the Bible. Though notice; I have never accused you of not being a Christian.

And I think you have misinterpreted the things I have said. I don't know your intentions, but I am guarded about what you say (as usual).
All I can hope for is for you to see the error of what you stated.

1John, I trust God so much (really), that I would ask you to pray about it in whatever way you see fit. That would be far better than trying to get me to trust what you say here.
Whatever causes a person to desire sexual interactions with a person of the same gender, that cannot alter the word of God.
LOL! No ne has claimed that anyone's sexual-orientation does any such thing. Where did you get that kind of "convolution" from?
That desire goes too far.

If that imaginary and extreme "gay agenda" (that you seem obsessed with) is what you are talking about (again), then I might just agree with you. Otherwise, ALL gay people (not even "many"), are demanding or desiring what you say.
Not one writer in the New Testament or the consistent history of the actions of Christians since the inception of the Church, agrees with your opinion on the Bible waning in importance in any age.
I was implying that beliefs and practices surrounding any "religion" certainly DO change. "Christianity" will likely change, and in 1000 years, (especially from your perspective) it might not even be recognized.

I believe that the truest and most important essence of it will remain intact; and agape is that essence.
In some cases innocent, and in some cases evil. Yoking ourselves with unbelievers or anti-Christ's, is not a good thing to do. Would any Biblical writer disagree with that?

1John, do you think that your interpretations and proclamations don't show that you need as much "grace" as anyone you have been talking about? You've been told, your views aren't necessarily immutable.
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

Excellent. But only by God's grace can anyone be in the "light". And quoting Bible verses, does not mean that you or anyone else is somehow in the "light" and not in the "darkness". One who shows others the kind of love Jesus showed the world (full of "sinners"), is proving a lot more than a religious person spewing their own concepts of rules and regulations.
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.
Oh GOD! Who here has claimed to be sinless, or not in need of grace? From where do you get this ATTITUDE, 1John??!! FROM WHERE?
Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. 8Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully.

Yep. Understood.
Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work.
Again, 1John... you need the same grace (that keeps you from being consummed where you sit), as anyone else seeking "truth".
And we have arrived at different places to worship.
How many "denominations" are there in the "Christian" family?
Too bad not equally.
All who are in Christ, are indeed equals. And I think Jesus opened the doors WIDE, to all human beings.
It appears that in The Gay Agenda, that laws will be passed to only attack Christians that disagree with homosexual interpretations and religious and secular freedoms.

Paranoia and abject stereotyping of homosexual people, are what's represented in that statement.
The Bible does not promote or condone Christians joining our adversaries.
1John, the Bible actually says more about LOVING one's enemies, than you have consistently related within this forum.
It is time to see the writing on the wall, and what is being weighed and what is being found wanting. Altering or expunging the New Testament is pure attack and hatred towards Christians. Whatever fate is in store for people who engage in homosexuality, changing and altering the Bible is not sanctioned in anyone's future.
Again, the same grace afforded everyone, is the same grace you enjoy. YOU don't necessarily get to define "truth" for everyone.
As for me and my house we will serve the Lord, unedited and unaltered.
Sometimes, I don't think we are talking about the same "Lord". God will have to sort that out; I just don't know.
In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
Do you mean homosexuals? Or is it not yet clear to you, that even the most clean-looking religious folks could be absolutely ROTTEN inside?
But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

What do you believe you "know" of what God has told the millions of homosexual people; many who have struggled in ways you cannot come close to fathoming? Do you think you know? (I'm practically certain that you don't really know as much, as you wish people would believe you do.)
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
That is a far more "spiritual" fucntion, than I believe you've illustrated within this forum. You aren't put here, to be God's personal anti-gay morals ENFORCINATOR. You were put here to be excellent within YOURSELF (by God's grace), and subsequently pass that goodness on to others, via LOVE. You don't get to PUSH your religious views, then try to SELL IT as "love"; it just doesn't work that way.
Melikio wrote:
The Bible can/will always be argued between people (nothing new about that), but that book will not always be a relevant as it seems to be today... that will come about by necessity, slowly but surely.

Of course this is likely going to happen. But as I said before, the essence of the message of Christ need not be LOST, as a result of people looking at and interpreting things "differently". I think what Jesus did for mankind, was/is far more resilient than any disagreements or differences we all might have.
It is clear that the writers of the New Testament advising believers in Christ Jesus (called Christians first at Antioch) didn't see doctrine as some day not being relevant.
People change (in many ways), and so does the religion they embrace. What is spiritual may not be "altered", but views of those who adhere to what is "faith" based, most certainly changes with time. History and even the Bible shows that is true enough.
We Christians cannot claim ignorance or excuses.
Many can, and often omit themselves from doing what is right/just, out of regard for mere human traditions. History show that happened more than a few times, as well.
But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

And without God's grace, WHO WOULD NOT be included in that very list of "characteristics"?
They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth—men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected.
I've seen some nice-looking, well dressed wolves in my lifetime. I've seen so-called "Chrsitans" say the most cruel and dehumanizing things I've ever heard (at close range). They think what they are doing is loving others, when they are nothing more than assassins of freewill and grace. They mean to control that which they do not understand or fear, rather than be as excellent as they might be, by the very grace of God (afforded ALL in Christ Jesus). They are MEAN, ANGRY and HARSH people.

Why don't I confuse them with Jesus? (Think about it.)
But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.
Likely very true, in most cases.
Whatever fate awaits Christians in this rapidly changing world and its moral decay, the word of God remains.
If those who are poised to promote solutions are not people of LOVE (1Cor13), then they have NOTHING of real value to offer this world period.
"It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
And that could be ANYONE, ANYTIME. We don't choose who that will be or when it will happen.
They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."
And that hope is for ALL who "believe".
The Gospel is to be preached unaltered - no matter what - until the end of time.
The meaning of the Gospel must ultimately be communicated through love (spiritually); people will ALWAYS interpret "words" in unique ways. God's love is the real glue that ultimately holds things together (for His purposes).

-Mel-

Suzanne
Scholar

Re: Sorry? (Ok.)

Post #179

Post by Suzanne »

melikio wrote:
Mel;
Like it or not, you don't get to control the lives of others, by what you truths you THINK you believe.

There is a limit to the power you have over another human being; that is mainly what I'm saying.

I feel far more "sorry" for others, who can't understand that they aren't placed here to control others, than you (likely) feel sorry for me.

-Mel-
You miss the truth. I do not want to control you or anyone else thanks for even saying I just might want to :):):) BUT I DO NOT> I DO NOT HAVE TO .and It is not what I think I know it is what I know because of the Proof I have within and what I have had happen that ONLY GOD COULD be the answer. according to the SCRIPTURES. THE EVIDENCE IS ALL AROUND me and also within . so THAT is all the PROOF I NEED TO believe that GODS WORD is TRUTH.

AS FOR YOU .. someday YOU TOO shall BOW YOUR KNEE TO the LORD GOD AND YOU SHALL ALSO KNOW HE and HE ALONE IS LORD!!! JUST AS the SCRIPTURE HAS ALREADY TOLD US AND the FATHERS BEFORE US.

I have said time and time again I do not come in here to argue GOD , THE WORD or HIS REALITY and TRUTH. I come to tell of His REALITY and TRUTH and WHAT HE HAS already said and done for the WORLD and MANKIND. IF I AM NT BELIEVED so be it JESUS CHRIST WAS NOT believed BY MANY EITHER. was HE. and STILL is NOT THIS DAY. THE WORD OF GOD , THE SCRIPTURES have been debated by mankind all because of DENIAL OF HIS TRUTH, WORD, AND REALITY. that is TOLD OF AND HE HAS ALREADY HAD WRITTEN for us to LEARN OF LIVE BY AND BE BLESSED and YES HAVE KNOWLEDGE AND wisdom TO FEW ACTUALLY BELIEVE IN what THEY DO NOT SEE when HE is EVIDENT within and all around us and THE PAST THE NOW and THE FUTURE ALL TESTIFY TO HIS REALITY IN MANKINDS LIVES.AS SOON AS peter TOOK HIS EYES OFF JESUS and DOUBTED IN HIS HEART BECAUSE of what HE SAW THE WATER UNDER HIS FEET?? HE BEGAN TO SINK.A doubter of THE FATHER, THE SON, and THE HOLY SPIRIT RECIEVES NOTHING FROM GOD!!!! and then people blame GOD because of the bad times and their PRAYERS NOT being answered.

DOUBT IS THE ENEMY THAT KEEPS OUR FAITH IN HIM HAPPENING. YET ONCE GOD MANIFESTS HIMSELF BY FULFILLING HIS TRUTH IN ONES LIFE!!!! well that pretty much takes care of DOUBT.

melikio
Guru

No GUESSING please.

Post #180

Post by melikio »

DOUBT IS THE ENEMY THAT KEEPS OUR FAITH IN HIM HAPPENING. YET ONCE GOD MANIFESTS HIMSELF BY FULFILLING HIS TRUTH IN ONES LIFE!!!! well that pretty much takes care of DOUBT.
Suzanne, all I can offer here are "words".

I cannot give you a perfect reflection of how the measure of "faith" which resides inside of me rests.

You do not, and cannot care about all the things I (personally) have to face in this world; including the my concerns for others around me. I don't try to imagine I know your story either, about what makes your faith so strong or absolute.

But make no mistake about it: I DO UNDERSTAND what you are saying. And I absolutely reject the idea, notion or philosophy that I must always, for ALL of my life express ZERO DOUBT about what I "believe". There are some things which I have believed just as you say, and have then lost faith in. Real faith is "sometimes" fragile, and the same is sometimes true of what we are certain we know.

A friend just sent me this: http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e14258.htm

I hope you have broadband internet, so you can consider that there is far more to what I care about, than what I so with what's between my legs or anywhere else on my body. My life is NOT about being a homosexual, but you won't catch me avoiding that truth, where I can safely reveal it to another person.

People like you believe, and accept the Bible. Some of us do the same, but we come up with some different conclusions about reality. Ultimately, things must be sifted and winnowed, understood by us where "words" don't explain a damned thing.
AS FOR YOU .. someday YOU TOO shall BOW YOUR KNEE TO the LORD GOD AND YOU SHALL ALSO KNOW HE and HE ALONE IS LORD!!! JUST AS the SCRIPTURE HAS ALREADY TOLD US AND the FATHERS BEFORE US.
Suzanne, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I BEEN THERE BEFORE? YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

You don't know one word of my pleas to God; I don't share my prayers here verbatim; but the essence of them you have experienced (as well as others). I read what you say, and the WAY you write it, and honestly I'm not really sure of all you say. The CAPS, the poor punctuations of your statements, sometimes leaves me guessing.

Even so, I realize that you advocate believing, without having "DOUBT". I don't see how you could get there and stay there, unless you ignore things. I don't know about you, I really don't; but as for me, I just won't find value in believing what I truly cannot, deep into the center of my being. And I'm not the only person like that. YOU and a lot of other people really need to understand why so many ex-Christians (who are now atheists) would tell you the same exact thing, in "words" far stronger than I would ever unleash upon you. As you imply above, God can and does teach others, where none of us can truly reach.

There ARE real questions in this LIFE, and to ME... LOVE IS THE ONLY THING THAT CONSISTENTLY MAKES SENSE. Sorry if you think/believe there should be something else, but that's just not the way it is.

Pray for me, and weep for me, please. But don't think that you can shape MY "faith", I've seen a different life than you have, and that should be as obvious as the images in the link I gave you above. Don't try to tell me what FAITH really is, when I had to struggle in ways you cannot imagine or fully understand. Only God knows, and that is the truth.