When the Bible does not promote or condone, then what?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

micatala
Site Supporter

When the Bible does not promote or condone, then what?

Post #1

Post by micatala »

This thread is prompted by the often-made statement.
I have asked you to provide any evidence "from the Bible" (since you have offered that you are a priest), where sodomy/perderasty-homosexuality-Gay, is celebrated, supported, condoned, promoted, or preached as acceptable, anywhere in the New Testament
The implication is that, since the Bible nowhere promotes, condones, or 'celebrates' homosexuality, this is further indication it should be condemned.

Question for debate:

Is this a valid conclusion?

Are there other examples of behaviors, views, etc. that are not promoted, condoned, or celebrated in the Bible, but that Christians typically do not condemn?

Suzanne
Scholar

Re: No GUESSING please.

Post #181

Post by Suzanne »

melikio wrote:
DOUBT IS THE ENEMY THAT KEEPS OUR FAITH IN HIM HAPPENING. YET ONCE GOD MANIFESTS HIMSELF BY FULFILLING HIS TRUTH IN ONES LIFE!!!! well that pretty much takes care of DOUBT.
Suzanne, all I can offer here are "words".

WORDS.... THAT ARE honest and as you honestly believe in your own heart is all I have ever asked for on the internet from anyone. OR FROM ANYONE OUT OF IT..

FOR I ALSO HAPPEN TO believe AS IT ONCE was .. SO!!! A MANS word was and should be HIS BOND!!! yet we have been REMOVED so far from this that IT no longer has any real meaning anymore for anyone at all. AND is it any wonder??? WHEN MAN CAN KILL and DESTROY EACH OTHER from TIME BEGINNING??????

I went to the url THANK YOU FOR IT I BOOKED IT.

THE IMAGES are HEARTWRENCHING for any that have any COMPASSION and LOVE FOR HUMANITY AT ALL.. YET WE MUST REALIZE and COME TO The KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT EVIL WICKED PEOPLE THAT HATE the JEW SO MUCH THAT IT is JUST AS IRAN and OTHERS HAVE SAID they should be TAKEN OFF the FACE OF THIS EARTH. well this is only because they DO NOT know the HISTORY OF MANKINDS ISRAELS AND AMERICAS BEGINNING. or theirs for that matter.

YET IT IS ALL IN THAT TORA, and THE BLACK BOOK THAT WE AS AMERICANS and OTHERS HAVE BELIEVED IN . being the INHERENT WORD OF GOD ALMIGHTY OR CREATOR LORD AND SAVIOR of US ALL..

NOW WILL the KILLING AND MURDERING OF THE HATED JEWS EVER CEASE????? I DO NOT believe it will ever CEASE UNTIL ANOTHER BOMB IS EXPLODES UPON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH to MAKE PEOPLE ALL OVER THIS EARTH REALIZE THAT HATRED IS NOT WORTH ALL THE PAIN SUFFERING AND DESTRUCTION AND SUCH CARNAGE AS WAS IN JAPAN. JAPAN KNOWS THE HARM A BOMB OF SUCH MAGNITUDE CAN DO and NOW WE AS MANKIND HAVE even MORE DEVESTATING POSSIBILITIES . and IF IRAN IS NOT STOPPED and HAZBALAH IS NOT STOPPED WHERE will it all LEAD> HATRED IS THE POWER AND FEED FOR THESE TERRORIST> HATRED FOR AMERICA BUT MORE FOR TYE JEWISH PEOPLE AND This HATRED is STRAIGHT FROM THE WORD OF GOD THE BIBLE THE TORA> IT is all WRITTEN AND we ARE NOW SEEING THIS coming to pass. SAD BUT A TRUTH THAT NONE SEE and do not want to see either. BUT TRUTH JUST the same. and NOT ANY MAN OR GOVERNMENT HAS ANY ASWERS for TAKING HATRED OUT of the HEARTS OF MAN THAT HATES THE BROTHER the JEWISH ISRAEL PEOPLE !!!! IT HAS ALREADY been written and said.. BLESS ISRAEL and YOU SHALL be BLESSED
PRAY for the PEACE OF JERUSALEM. how many do AMERICA AND ENGLAND ARE standing with ISRAEL AMERICAN ALWAYS HAVE AND we have been BLESSED because of it. WE ARE getting very near to SIDING AGAINST HER and when and if we do??? WRITE IT OFF and PEACE MAY COME for a short time BUT THEN ALL HELL will break loose. YOU BESTTER PRAY THAT OUR GOVERNMENT NEVER TURNS OUR BACK ON HER. yet i believe we will . I honestly believe we are looking at a war just over the horizen that will be a war none of us have ever known or had to s deal with before.. NOT AA GOOD THING TO SAY AT ALLM . yet I see it coming . and I BELIEVE IT IS IN GOD'S HANDS EVER since the FIRST BUSH ADMINISTRATION. I am not even going to get into that. It is water under the bridge done and past and over. with more yet to be done and finished. before He is out of office. I PRAY FOR OUR GOVERNMENT TO HAVE the WISDOM TO HEAR GOD in all this. BECAUSE BELIEVE ME IF WE HAVE ANY HOPE OF DIVERTING ANYTHING IT IS THRU OUR FAITH IN THIS GOD THATso many may not believe HAS POWER..

I have company and will try to get back to you , Because I really wanted to answr you more about YOU!!!
I cannot give you a perfect reflection of how the measure of "faith" which resides inside of me rests.

You do not, and cannot care about all the things I (personally) have to face in this world; including the my concerns for others around me. I don't try to imagine I know your story either, about what makes your faith so strong or absolute.

But make no mistake about it: I DO UNDERSTAND what you are saying. And I absolutely reject the idea, notion or philosophy that I must always, for ALL of my life express ZERO DOUBT about what I "believe". There are some things which I have believed just as you say, and have then lost faith in. Real faith is "sometimes" fragile, and the same is sometimes true of what we are certain we know.

A friend just sent me this: http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e14258.htm

I hope you have broadband internet, so you can consider that there is far more to what I care about, than what I so with what's between my legs or anywhere else on my body. My life is NOT about being a homosexual, but you won't catch me avoiding that truth, where I can safely reveal it to another person.

People like you believe, and accept the Bible. Some of us do the same, but we come up with some different conclusions about reality. Ultimately, things must be sifted and winnowed, understood by us where "words" don't explain a damned thing.
AS FOR YOU .. someday YOU TOO shall BOW YOUR KNEE TO the LORD GOD AND YOU SHALL ALSO KNOW HE and HE ALONE IS LORD!!! JUST AS the SCRIPTURE HAS ALREADY TOLD US AND the FATHERS BEFORE US.
Suzanne, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I BEEN THERE BEFORE? YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

You don't know one word of my pleas to God; I don't share my prayers here verbatim; but the essence of them you have experienced (as well as others). I read what you say, and the WAY you write it, and honestly I'm not really sure of all you say. The CAPS, the poor punctuations of your statements, sometimes leaves me guessing.

Even so, I realize that you advocate believing, without having "DOUBT". I don't see how you could get there and stay there, unless you ignore things. I don't know about you, I really don't; but as for me, I just won't find value in believing what I truly cannot, deep into the center of my being. And I'm not the only person like that. YOU and a lot of other people really need to understand why so many ex-Christians (who are now atheists) would tell you the same exact thing, in "words" far stronger than I would ever unleash upon you. As you imply above, God can and does teach others, where none of us can truly reach.

There ARE real questions in this LIFE, and to ME... LOVE IS THE ONLY THING THAT CONSISTENTLY MAKES SENSE. Sorry if you think/believe there should be something else, but that's just not the way it is.

Pray for me, and weep for me, please. But don't think that you can shape MY "faith", I've seen a different life than you have, and that should be as obvious as the images in the link I gave you above. Don't try to tell me what FAITH really is, when I had to struggle in ways you cannot imagine or fully understand. Only God knows, and that is the truth.

micatala
Site Supporter

Post #182

Post by micatala »

1John wrote:It is clearly anti-Christian to force Christians submit to only homosexuals deciding sexuality issues.
I have never advocated this. Neither has anyone on this site that I have seen.

What I have seen is that homosexuals wish to:
1. Not be persecuted because of their orientation, whether this persecution is in the name of religion or not.
2. Be allowed the same rights to practice their sexuality as heterosexuals have, at least within the civil 'secular' society. If I am not mistaken, you agree that this should be allowed.
3. SOme homosexuals who are Christians have attempted to persuade their brothers and sisters in Christ to take a different attitude toward homosexuals and homosexuality. The claim that this amounts to 'forcing Christians to submit to homosexuals deciding everything on sexuality' or 'not allowing any dissent' or 'outlawing Christianity' is quite over the top, and I have seen no evidence that anyone is attempting to force Christian believers to repudiate their views.

Yes, I know you feel you have presented proof, but I have looked at this proof repeatedly and it does not show what you claim it to show. The evidence I have seen you present shows:

1. There are some non-believers, who oppose views like yours on homosexuality, and who are anti-Christian. I think it is fair to say at least a few of these people would Christians who oppose homosexuality to be silent or go away. Fortunately, they have no power to make this happen.

2. There are some believers who would like to see Christians take a different view of homosexuality. Far from being anti-biblical or anti-CHristian, these people make a good Biblical case that the current traditional view on homosexuality is not the only one that is consistent with scripture. It is arguably as consistent with scripture as the traditional view. These people are not supporting hedonsim or licentiousness or Satanic beliefs. They are simply asking for homosexuals to be treated using the same standard as we use for heterosexuals. Again, these people have no power to 'force' anyone to believe anything, and I have seen little evidence that they would seek to do so even if they could.

3. Evidence has been presented of a few cases where Christian individuals, churches or organizations have run into legal consequences for their actions. Some of these were not in the U.S. and so are not relevant to the discussion in this country. In all these cases, the laws in questions were some form of anti-discrimination law which applies to everyone Christian or not and which were not enacted in any way to single out Christianity.

They oppose the Bible.
SOme do. Many do not. I certainly don't. I believe I have shown my position to be as consistent with the Bible as many other standard Christian teachings and positions. I don't see that this has been refuted.

One final comment in this post. It was stated that I have supported the idea that 'nothing is wrong' because I have suggested a change in the position some CHristians hold on homosexuality.

THis is pure and utter baloney. The idea that one must abolish all moral codes because one wishes to amend one small portion of that code is completely illogical.

If this were the case, then anyone who has ever suggested any change in what should or should not be moral, Biblically speaking, is for the total annihilation of all moral codes. Women who cut there hair, using the logic behind this claim, would be implicitly saying murder is OK. People who get divorced and remarried, using your logic, would be supporting serial rape as an acceptable Christian practice. Clearly this is ludicrous.

I can understand your wish to paint this as a 'slippery slope' arguement, but honestly, I can't understand how you can think this is a logical position.

Suzanne
Scholar

Re: No GUESSING please.

Post #183

Post by Suzanne »

melikio wrote:
DOUBT IS THE ENEMY THAT KEEPS OUR FAITH IN HIM HAPPENING. YET ONCE GOD MANIFESTS HIMSELF BY FULFILLING HIS TRUTH IN ONES LIFE!!!! well that pretty much takes care of DOUBT.
Suzanne, all I can offer here are "words".

I cannot give you a perfect reflection of how the measure of "faith" which resides inside of me rests.
Of course not Can anyone understand anothers faith? NO... yet one can discern where a person is in their Spiritual walk is the best way I can say it I guess. I TRULY SENSE the HONESTY IN this post you have posted. Does this mean You are being absolutely honest at this point and time with what you are saying within this posting? I CAN AND DO BELEVE YOU ARE being about as honest as you can be here and IN THIS POST. THAAT SHOULD ACCOUNT for something . YET ONLY YOU AND GOD KNOW the HONEST TRUTH OF what AND WHO YOU ARE IN YOUR HEART .
JUST AS GOD is the only one that knows MY HEART .. FAIR ENOUGH START I'D SAY.. now just to be able to HAVE DISCERNMENT And have no doubting about YOUR WORDS and YOU TO DISCERN ABOUT MINE. GOING BACK TO A MAN's WORD OR woman's for that matter being their BOND. I mean that BOND AS just trusting in another for who and what they say. I WAS TAUGHT HONESTY is always BETTER THEN A LIE. HONESTY BEST POLICY. TO BAD more people just cannot be UPFRONT AND HONEST.
YET FEW ARE>
LIES ARE A dime a dozen. WE ARE BURIED IN THOSE DOZENS AND TRUCKLOADS full of lies .
You do not, and cannot care about all the things I (personally) have to face in this world; including the my concerns for others around me. I don't try to imagine I know your story either, about what makes your faith so strong or absolute.
CARE???? YES I CARE.. about what other peoples hurts are. I CARE ABOUT the HURT THAT FAMILIES ARE suffering this day IN ALL THE WARS THAT ARE being FOUGHT. NOT ONLY GUNS and BULLETS WARS but FAMILY DISPUTES THAT I Know GO ON DAILY within FAMILIES of peoples that should LOVE ONE ANOTHER INSTEAD OF FIGHTING AND WARRING with each other. OVER STUFF THAT is REALLY MEANING NOTHING AT ALL in the GREAT SCHEME OF LIFE AND FAMILY AND how THERE should be CLOSENESS. and is not.. YET FOR all PEOPLE LIFE MUST go on UNLESS ONE wants to just end it all and commit suicide which this solves nothing at all. EXCEPT TO BRING PAIN and suffering upon all those that THAT person leaves behind . THAT USUALLY end up BLAMING themselves for the DEATH. AND MORE OFTEN then NOT the SUCIDEAL PERSON did not really mean to have it end up with DEATH BUT ONLY TO SCARE the one they want to get at for one reason or another. yet they END UP LITERALLY ending their life just for the SAKE of MAKING ANOTHER person LISTEN TO THEM. NOT The best way to get attention if ya ask me.. but then again who asked ??:):):):) this is just after all MY OPINION ON THAT subject,. and I have alot of opinions on many subjects and that is all they are MY OPINIONS. and we all HAVE THEM and are entitled to have OPINIONS!!! ABOUT ANYTHING AT ALL> INCLUDING what THE BIBLE IS , the TORA IS < and THE WORD OF GOD IS . and what THE LORD HAS HAD WRITTEN. for us all.THAT being THE OLD TESTAMENT and THE NEW TESTAMENT and ALSO the BOOK OF REVELATION.

WE HAVE TO remember that the OLD TESTAMENT COMES from the SCROLLS and RECORDS already found and recorded. and also the NEW testament also. I also believe that the BOOK OF REVELTION also comes from ARTIFACS found of writings.. just as the O and the N have been found.

there is more history in the Bible then anyone would like to understand or believe. BUT it is all there. WHAT I FIND so WONDERFUL AND gives me JOY and HOPE and ACTUALLY MAKES ME GLAD.. and worship MY LORD GOD>>> is the KNOWLEDGE THAT THIS EARTH . and all that HAS BEEN IS AND WILL BE will never COME TO AAN END. THIS IS ENOUGH TO MAKE me shout and BE VERY HAPPY AND GLAD. why??????? because I know that NO WAAR WILL LAST forever. and ALL WARS come to an end. and PEACE COMES AGAIN> IF ONLY for a SEASON.BUT THOSE SEASONS ARE what GOD ORDAINS and BRINGS ABOUT. just as HE BRINGS SPRING SUMMER FALL AND WINTER. and JUST AS sure as the SUN SHINES ON A NEW DAY EVEN if THERE ARE CLOUDS TO HIDE IT'S LIGHT from the PEOPLE. STARS FALL FROM the SKY AT cetain times . the EARTH I BELIEVE WITH ALL MY HEART AND EVERYTHING THAT IS WITHIN ME IS THE LORDS. BECAUSE I BELIEVE GOD IS GOD!!!!!! I HAVE NEVER YET EVER QUESTIONED THAT GOD IS!!!!! and there can not be any way I can DENY GOD EXISTS WAS IS AND WILL ALWAYS be.FAITH YES!!! this is the faith I have .. HAS MY FAITH been TESTED OH YA. it sure has many times. in my 66 years. yet MY FAITH IN GOD ALWAYS comes to the forefront and is yet there. I WILL COME TO MY END IN THIS PHYSICAL believing IN MY LORD GOD ALMIGHTY AND HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON WE AS CHRISTIANS CALL JESUS the CHRIST THAT HE ROSE from the dead. BECAUSE IN ANOTHER PLACE!! IT HAS been written. You shall call HIS NAME IMMANUEL.
Then there is much more. YET THIS I want to quote.

FROM JOHN 5; 39: You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life. and these are they which testify of Me. In My Bible these words are in red. because they are to be read as the WORD OF THE LORD. SO I DO.. TAKE THESE WORDS AS being the WORD OF MY LORD AND SAVIOR CREATOR OF ALL THAT WAS IS AND WILL EVER BE MADE THAT IS MADE.

I ALSO BELIEVE THAT THIS EARTH IS HIS. and IS HIS FOOTSTOOL. therefore I HAVE ACCESS TO MY LORD ANYTIME NIGHT OR DAY. NOT ONLY TO TALK TO BUT PRAY TO AND ASK OF AND BELIEVE BY FAITH IN > WHY???????? because I BELIEVE IN A GOD ALMIGHTY THAT IS THE CREATOR OF ALL THAT HAS LIFE..

AND IT IS ALREADY WRITTEN . LIFE IS IN THE BLOOD!!!

YET BLOOD IS SHED EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK and every HOUR AND MINUTE of the DAY somewhere on this lanet earth. SAD HUH??????? BUT A REALITY NONE OF US CAN DENY EVER . YET IT IS the BLOOD THAT GIVES US OUR SALVATION AND HAS SAVED US . NOT FROM A PHYSICAL DEATH BUT FROM A SPIRITUAL DEATH.

But make no mistake about it: I DO UNDERSTAND what you are saying. And I absolutely reject the idea, notion or philosophy that I must always, for ALL of my life express ZERO DOUBT about what I "believe". There are some things which I have believed just as you say, and have then lost faith in. Real faith is "sometimes" fragile, and the same is sometimes true of what we are certain we know.
DOUBT??? I Have NO DOUBT about GOD being THE CREATOR. THIS THEN I MUST believe IN THE BLOODTHAT WAS FIRST SHED FOR ME AND ONCE FOR ALL> THAT HAS ever been MADE . AND WE ALL HAD TO HAVE A BEGINNING FROM SOMETHING. YOU CANNOT GET SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING!! SO I AM NOT ABOUT TO GO INTO all the DETAILS IN THE BEGINNING GOD !!! BECAUSE IT IS MOSES A MAN NAMED MOSES THAT IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE WRITTEN THE FIRST FIVE BOOKS FROM GENESIS !1;1: _ DETERONOMY. and then CAME THE BOOK OF JOSHUA= HOSHEA (Jehovah is salvation) GOD'S NAME IS JEHOVAH. IF IT IS THE LORD whom IS THE ONE AND ONLY GOD . AND WE ARE TO HAVE NO OTHER gds before HIM.. THEN HOW DID A MAN NAMED MOSES write the FIRST BOOK CALLED GENESIS!! Now there is a question for anyone to ask any MINISTER. PASTOR, BE INTERESTING TO HEAR what answers one might get.

I HAVE NO ANSWER EXCEPT TO SAY I believe GOD WAS IS AND ALWAYS will be. FAITH> IF I DID NOT HAVE THAT then what could I say about anything being EVIL, WICKED, RIGHT, WRONG, TRUTH or LIE> YET NONE OF US CAN DEN that THESE ARE ALL EXISTING TODAY IN OUR WORLD ON THIS EARTH AND that MEANS WE ALL ARE sinners and we all NEED TO BE FORGIVEN FOR OUR SINS. well THE BLOOD HAS BEEN THAT WHICH HAS CLEANSED ME AND IF IT IS BY THE BLOOD THEN IS IT BLOOD OF BULLS GOATS AND RAMS?? OR WAS IT THAT FIRST BOOD THAT WAS SHED ONCE FOR ALL THAT IS A MUCH BETTER SACRIFICE THEN ANY ANIMAL BLOOD COULD HAVE EVER BEEN GIVEN> ???????????????

DO ANY HAVE ANY EXCUSE for not believing IN FIRST BLOOD ONCE FOR ALL... CAN we deny THE BOOK?? OF BOOKS??? I CANNOT .. I would not be very happpy to know that MY dad mother sister brother-in-law and frieinds I have known and have passed on before me. HAVE NOT inherited what HS ALREADY been promised in that BOOK. and NOT HAVE that hope of a LASTING HEAVENLY PEACE that is all that HAAS been TO BE GIVEN FOR MY SPIRIT when I AM NO LONGER HERE and ALL THOSE THAT HAVE GONE before me are not WAITING FOR ME.. and NO GOD HEAVENLY FATHER TO BE REDEEMED BACK TO.. NO I HAVE FAITH TO BELIEVE .. I HAVE NOT been BORN TO IVE THIS LIFE AND then NOT HAVE MORE TO BE AFTER THIS LIFE. because TRUTHFULLY THIS life can be a LIVING HELL FOR MANY OF US. AND IT IS NOT HEAVEN FOR ANY!!!!!!! IN OUR IDEA OF HEAVEN!!!!!! I DO believe in a REST. where there will be no more tears and no more pain. and A MANISION FOR THOSE THAT WANT ONE. I never liked big houses myself CALLED MANISIONS to many rooms and to much room to fill. I AM LOOKING FOR A small cottage with flowers birds cats dogs and butterflies. I HAVE MY ORDER IN ALREADY . :):):):)I EXPECT TO HAVE that when I am no longer here to be seen by anyone at all AND MY KYDS better not CREMATE ME EITHER. I ALREADY BEEN CLOSE ENOUGH TO BEING BURNED UP and that was enough for me. THAT DID something to my PHYSCY. that is for certain. I COULD CRY just thinking about CREMATION.

I would rather my body be on a slow decomposing rather then BURNED UP IN THE FLAMES OF A CREMATORIAM. JESUS WAS LAYED IN A TOMB... SO WAS LAZARUS,, EASTERN INDIANS BURN THEIR DEAD!!! AMERICAN INDIANS put the DEAD BODIES IN SOME TRIBES ON BEDS OF WOOD ON A RAISED PLATFORM , SOME WERE BURIED.
[quote}
A friend just sent me this: http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e14258.htm

WAR IS HELL!! NO MATTER WHO IS FIGHTING EACH OTHER. WHEN DEATH AND DESTRUCTION IS BEING DONE TO PEOPLE AND THEIR CITIES ARE BEING RUIENED AND DESTROYED whether it be ISRAEL, PALESTINIANS, OR AAMERICA CUBA RUSSIA JAPAN > DOES IT REALLY MATTER ??? IT IS STILL LIVES BEING LOST LIFE BEING TAKEN AND BLOOD RUNNING LIKE WATER ACROSS THE LAND.. OR MORE THEN ONE LAND AND peoples .. HAS ALWAYS been so EVER SINCE CAIN SLEW ABEL!!!!! REMEMBER FIRST BLOOD????????? THE YOUNGER SLAYING THE OLDER. AND ISHMAEL WAS the OLDER between ISAAC, and ESAU WAS the OLDER BETWEEN the TWIN JACOB. and TODAY EDOM IS STILL AFTER HIS BROTHER ISRAEL. ESAU against JACOB.. BUT YET two more.. MANESSAH (CAUSING FORGETFULNESS) and EPHRAIM (DOUBLY FRUITFUL) the GRANDCHILDREN OF ISRAEL. THE SONS OF JOSEPH THE SON OF JACOB=ISRAEL MANASSAH the OLDEST and EPHRAIM THE YOUNGEST RECIEVING the FIRSTBORNS blessing from HIS GRAANDFATHER ISRAEL.. SO FROM The FIRST OLDEST SON CAINS MURDERING HIS YOUNGER BROTHER ABEL!!! IT FOLLOWED THROUGH DOWN thru the ages . .

MEN FIGHT AND WAR because of JEALOUSIES, ENVIES, and HATREDS.
and DO NOT LEAVE WOMAN OUT OF THE FREY either. FOR WE CAN FIGHT AND WAR ALSO IF we have a VERY GOOD REASON for doing so.

I hope you have broadband internet, so you can consider that there is far more to what I care about, than what I so with what's between my legs or anywhere else on my body. My life is NOT about being a homosexual, but you won't catch me avoiding that truth, where I can safely reveal it to another person.
ADMITTING that YOU ARE A homosexual and ADMITTING TO YOURSELF THAT YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHO YOU REVEAL THIS TO SHOULD tell you there must be a reason for having to HIDE THIS FROM SOME.. PLEASE UNDERSTAND ME HERE.. I DO NOT CONDEMN YOU FOR YOUR SEXUAL PREFERANCE. HOWEVER I CANNOT AND WILL NEVER CONDONE IT AS ANYTHING BUT AN ABOMINATION TO OUR LORD GOD ALMIGHTY BECAUSE IF HE IS MY GOD THEN HE IS YOURS ALSO. and IT IS ALREADY BEEN SAID KNOWN AND WRITTEN AND TAUGHT THAT SODOMY SODOMITES HOMOSEXUAL UNNATURAL SEXUAL ACTS AS A MAN WITH A MAN. Will not enter the kingdom of God. Because I believe in this CAN YOU THEN SEE why I would be CONCERNED ABOUT AANY HOMOSEXUAL that was not willing to REPENT (TURN FROM THIS ACT) .. IF PRACTICED AT ALL??? CAN I MAKE A homosexual become a LOVER OF A WOMAN?? NO.. SOME MEN and some WOMAN CHOOSE TO NOT GET MARRIED AT ALL> FOR whatever REASONS. SOME just DECIDE THEY would rather not have the MARITAL SITUATION> AND HAVE NO DESIRE TO BE MARRIED .. SOME MARRIED COUPLES DECIDE they DO NOT WANT A FAMILY FOR THEIR OWN REASONS.
GRANTED THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS AND WAS EVIDENT TO BE PRESENT IN THE SCRIPTURES TIMES PAST. YET IT WAAS NOT ONLY HOMOSEXUALITY THAT WAS . IT WAS OTHER SEXUAL ACTIVITIES ALSO OR BEASTIALITY AND OTHER ABOMINATIONS WOULD HAVE BEEN EVEN MENTIONED OR WRITTEN OF .. IN THE SCRIPTURES. SIN IS SIN AND WE ALL HAVE SINNED. THAT DOES NOT MEAN WE CANNOT be CHANGED OR CHOOSE TO BELIEVE THAT GOD CAN CHANGE US IN HEART AND MINDS.
BUT THEN AGAIN THAT REQUIRES FAITH doesn't it in GOD HIS WORD AND HIS REALITY HUH??????

My daughter asked me one time what she should do about having someone in her car that was going to smoke marijuana. SHE already knowing that we did not allow any drug use such as ILLEGAL DRUGS IN THE HOUSE> LET ALONE HER RUN WITH ANYONE THAT DID DRUGS.

I SIMPLY SAID TO HER. "if you are afraid of us finding out about anything you are thinking about doing,,, MY ADVICE IS do not do it. IT MUST BE WRONG IF YOU HAVE TO worry about hiding from us of all people.." NOW DID THIS mean that My husband and I were angels and never did anything wrong or did stuff that we were ashamed of and would rather not have Our parents to know or maybe even others for that matter. NO!!!!! FOR WE ALL HAVE done things we know we should have not done but we did them anyway. PART OF THIS LIFE WE LIVE. BUT THAT does not mean we do not learn and make better choices as we grow and mature. ESPECIALLY IF WE HAVE been TAUGHT WHAT is ALLOWED AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU GET AWAY WITH DOING A REALLY BAD THING. YOU SHALL PAY AND HAVE PUNISHMENT PROMISED AND DUE. FOR ME DO NOT SASS YOUR MOTHER AND DAD. I DID TELL MY MOTHER TO SHUT UP ONCE. and that was the last time. I LIED TO HER ONCE and that was the LAST time for that also. DID THAT MEAN I DID NOT HIDE SOMETHINGS FROM HER UNTIL I GOT CAUGHT AND WAS ASKED ABOUT IT?? NO I DID HIDE THINGS but then when CONFRONTED AND ASKED I DID NOT LIE. about the question.

NOW> AND AS AN ADULT I DO NOT HAVE TO ANSWER ANYONE AS TO ANYTHING PERSONAL IF I DO NOT WANT TO. NOT ANYONES BUSINESS. IF I CHOOSE TO NOT ANSWER. I can either flat tell them NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, CHANGE THE SUBJECT OR ANSWER the QUESTION . and NOT ANSWERING IS NOT A CONFESSION OF GUILT BUT IF IT is not then WHY NOT JUST ANSWER the question :):):):) WITH A NO .. ACCEPT THAT IF IT is NOT ANSWERED THEN THE question is unanswered and who KNOWS BUT GOD.. RIGHT. and some things should be just between GOD AND ME ANYWAY> HE ALREADY knows all there is to know about me AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT YOU TOO.
People like you believe, and accept the Bible. Some of us do the same, but we come up with some different conclusions about reality.
OK SO WHAT IS YOUR REALITY THEN??????? IF YOU CANNOT KNOW FOR A CERTAINTY THAT IN THE BEGINNING GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH THE STARS, MOON AND THE SUN and ALL THAT HAS EVER BEEN MADE THAT IS MADE???????? IF YOU CANNOT BELIEVE THIS then what can you believe about anything???? JUST WHAT YOU CAN SEE with YOUR EYES???? anything that IS MATERIAL AND WILL ROT, RUST, DIE, OR TURN TO ASHES, OR DUST??? YOU CANNOT BELIEVE IN THAT SOUL THAT IS within YOU OR ME OR THE GUY NEXT DOOR??? YOU CANNOT THEN BELIEVE IN ANY WRONG DOING BECAUSE EVERYTHING AS FAR AS YOU ARE CONCERNED IS NOT ANYTHING BUT WHAT YOU CAN SEE HAER AND TOUCH... YET YOU ARE READING THIS POST FROM ME> AND IF YOU CANNOT HEAR THE TRUTH WITHIN THE POSTING AND WORDS BEING SAID THEN YOU CANNOT HAVE ANY DISCERNMENT OF THE SPIRIT OR SOUL THAT IS POSTING IT TO YOU FROM THAT WHICH IS WITHIN THE HEART I OF THIS FLESH AND BLOOD BODY PERSON> CAN YOU???????????? ALL BECAUSE YOU CANNOT SEE ME . HAVING ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA whether I am MALE OR FEMALE A TEENY BOPPER OR A 100 year old woman or man KNOWING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL JUST SITTING HERE WRITTING A BUNCH OF NOTHING NESS because after all GOD IS NOT AND THE BIBLE IS NOT TRUTH AND I AM A LIAR PERIOD > COMES DOWN TO NO FAITH , NO TRUST, and NO DISCERNMENT OF THE SPIRIT THAT is POSTING TO YOU HUH?? and GOD HAS HAD IT WRITTEN ABOUT THE GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT. THERE ARE NINE OF THEM. and ONE IS DISCERNMENT.another is PROPHECY. YET PAUL SAID and wrote that the GREATEST GIFT OF ALL WAS LOVE!!!!! WELL LOVE OF GOD IS the FIRST COMMANDMENT the SECOND IS LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR> AND AS FAR AS I KNOW THIS EARTH HAS MANY PEOPLE DWELLING ON IT> which means that we all are NEIGHBORS> TO BAD WE do not FOLLOW GODS LAW OF LOVE HUH???????????????? AND ESPECIALLY THE FIRST LAW> HAVE no other gods before HIM> AND THE ONE THAT JESUS GAVE. LOVE THY GOD WITH ALL THY HEART , WITH ALL THY MIND, and WITH ALL THY SOUL!!!!!! .
Ultimately, things must be sifted and winnowed, understood by us where "words" don't explain a damned thing. [/quoted]

NO WORDS EXPLAIN MUCH.. ESPECIALLY IF THE WORDS spoken are a TRUTH.. THE PROBLEM BEING some words are not a truth . RIGHT??? NOW one has to FIGURE OUT WHAT IS A TRUTH AND WHAT IS A LIE. again PROVING ONCE AGAIN THAT THERE IS TRUTH and LIE GOOD and EVIL AND THE THOU SHALT NOT BARE FALSE WITNESS is NOT TO BE DONE. WHAT THEN IS A FALSE witness.. WITNESSESING TO SOMETHING OR OF SOMEONE YOU HAVE NO PROOF OF IT'S TRUTH.

YET MANY TELL LIES ABOUT ANOTHER PERSON . THAT WOULD BE BAREING FALSE WITNESS would it not?? FIRST OF ALL THEY DID NOT WITNESS ANYTHING ABOUT what they SAY ABOUT THAT PERSON. THEY JUST FLAT OUT LIED. MAKING UP what they THOUGHT WAS GOING TO CREATE WHATEVER EFFECT THEY WANTED TO CREATE. FOR WHATEVER REASON. SOME people ARE LED TO BELIEVE something that is not a truth or is a partial truth. IN WHICH CASE. who would be the guilty one in this if the one that WAS LED TO BELIEVE THE TRUTH WAS such and such but it was not . and then they told another what they believed was a truth. THE ONE TELLING THE PARTIAL TRUTH OR LIE why . do it in the first place . GO BACK TO the FIRST ONE THAT SAID ANYTHING AT ALL HAVING TO DO with the lie IF YOU CAN TRACK IT.which most often cannot do. UNLESS someone IS HONEST enough to say the truth and who they heard the lie from . THIS DSCUSSION CAN GO ON FOREVER but yu get the point. I KNOW I HAVE NOT been HONST ABOUT THINGS EVEN OF LATE BUT I HAD every INTENTION OF NOT BEING A LIAR but IT TURNED OUT THAT WAY. NOT FUNNY SO QUIT LAUGHING!!! ya and you have never done that I guess. ya right :):):):) WILLFULLY DOING WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOWIS WRONG IS NOT GOOD THING TO F DO AND WE AALLM ARE GUILTY OF THIS ALSO!!! JUST CANNOT get away from the SINFUL ACTS CAN WE!!!! NO WONDER WE DIE!!at least once WE ALL DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AS FOR YOU .. someday YOU TOO shall BOW YOUR KNEE TO the LORD GOD AND YOU SHALL ALSO KNOW HE and HE ALONE IS LORD!!! JUST AS the SCRIPTURE HAS ALREADY TOLD US AND the FATHERS BEFORE US.
Suzanne, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I BEEN THERE BEFORE? YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.
You don't know one word of my pleas to God; I don't share my prayers here verbatim; but the essence of them you have experienced (as well as others). I read what you say, and the WAY you write it, and honestly I'm not really sure of all you say. The CAPS, the poor punctuations of your statements, sometimes leaves me guessing.
AGAIN JUST GOING BY LOOKS.. NOT WHAT IS BEING SAID. sorry that I have not got PERFECT PUNCUATION.. OR PERFECT SPELLING , GEE CAN YOU BELIEVE IT I JUST AM NOT A PERFECT PERSON HERE> BUT THEN NEITHER ARE YOU ARE YOU??? NO YOU ARE NOT . I have BEEN AROUND THOSE THAT THOUGHT THEY WERE> MY DAUGHTER IS ONE. BUT SHE TO IS BEGINNING TO KNOW THAT SHE is NOT PERFECT EITHER . GENES OF HER DAD> HE THOUGHT HE WAS PERFECT TOO ALTHOUGH HE KNEW DOWN DEEP HE WAS NOT AND THAT WAS HIS PROBLEM!!!!!!!! WANTING TO MAKE ALL THINK HE WAS AND KNOWING HE WAS NOT YET CAN YOU BELIEVE IT I LOVED THAT MAN> :):):) NEVER KNEW ABOUT HIM. HE COULD BLOW UP AND RAISE YOU KNOW WHAT OVER NOTHING. BUT "HEY WE MADE IT" I NEVER TALKED DIVORCE BUT HE DID TO MANY TIMES. YET HE NEVER LEFT. so must have not have really meant it huh???
Even so, I realize that you advocate believing, without having "DOUBT". I don't see how you could get there and stay there, unless you ignore things. I don't know about you, I really don't; but as for me, I just won't find value in believing what I truly cannot, deep into the center of my being.
And I'm not the only person like that.
I know.. as for DOUBT. do not get confused here.. I SAID I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT GOD IS!!!!!! I HAVE NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER ABOUT THE FIRST BLOOD SHED ONCE FOR ALL.. I BELIEVE IN THE GOSPEL THE CROSS, THE BLOOD, AND THAT GOD WAS IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE GOD LORD JEHOVAH> HE IS LORD AND SAVIOR > AND THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD LORD> CREATOR OF MAN , WOMAN, AND ALL THAT IS OR HAS EVER BEEN> AND IS.. I believe in the ONE LORD, ONE FAITH, AND ONE BAPTISM.,
YOU and a lot of other people really need to understand why so many ex-Christians (who are now atheists) would tell you the same exact thing, in "words" far stronger than I would ever unleash upon you.
yes I know that also. You probably do not get angry much or cuss hardly ever huh? you know why? MAYBE I AM WRONG maybe you do get angry and cuss up a storm. BUT MY GUESS IS YOU do not. PEOPLE THAT are homosexual are more docile one might say.. THEY CAN BE VERY NICE people YOU ARE basically a very nice person. I CANNOT SAY THAT I HAVE EVER met a HOMOSEXUAL I DID NOT LIKE AS A PERSON. BECAUSE THEY CAN be QUITE, RESERVED , and POLITE, KIND, be all THAT WE AS CHRISTIANS would like to see in MANKIND AS A WHOLE ACCEPT FOR THE SEXUAL ORIENTATION.. PERSUASION, DESIRE, YET IT IS STILL NOT THE WAY GOD MADE MAN AND WOMAN TO BE MAN WAS MADE AND WOMAN WAS MADE FOR THE MAN .. NUTS AND BOLTS GO TOGETHER.. A NAIL WILL NOT WORK IF A NUT AND A BOLT ARE WHAT IS NEEDED. A screw can be used anywhere for anything. so can a nail.

THERE ARE EVEN MALE AND FEMALE BIRDS AND FISH. I DON"T KNOW THAT MUCH ABOUT ELECTRICAL STUFF but I HAVE HEARD THE MALE AND FEMALE used there also. OR IS IT something else in CONSTRUCTION. I don't know.. YOU BEING A MAN should know. what I am meaning even if I don't.

THAT is why I HAVE SAID I DO NOT ARGUE about GOD THE WORD OR THE GOSPEL I JUST TELL WHAT I HAVE AND DO BELIEVE BECAUSE OF WHAT I HAVE HAD HAPPEN THRU MY LIFE.. I WOULD BE DEAD IF GOD WAS NOT working in my life. I KNOW THIS ..

As you imply above, God can and does teach others, where none of us can truly reach.

TEACH??? well I SUPPOSE YOU COULD SAY THAT.. YET HOW DOES GOD WHOM IS A SPIRIT TEACH ANY OF US ANYTHING??????? IF IT IS NOT THROUGH HIS WORD ????????? HE HAS ALREADY HAD WRITTEN FOR US IN THIS BOOK THAT WE CALL THE HOLY BIBLE. THAT FIRST THE TORA HAD TO HAVE BEEN FOUND AND WRITTEN ?????? AND WHERE DID ISRAEL =JACOB, THE JEWISH PEOPLE HEBREW OF WHOM ABRAHAM was THE FATHER OF MANY peoples.. BEGINNING WITH ISHAMEL and ISAAC, FATHER OF JACOB and ESAU, PEOPLE OF THOSE THAT MOSES BROUGHT OUT OF EGYPT IN THE FIRST PLACE... COME FROM?????????????????????

There ARE real questions in this LIFE, and to ME...
well we all COULD HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS LIFE. I JUST choose not to ask any about THIS LIFE. BECAUSE THIS LIFE IS going to end for me someday. and UNTIL THEN!!! I LIVE IT TO the best I UNDERSTAND HOW TO LIVE IT. and I HAVE NOT DONE ANY BETTER then any body else ..... I JUST HAVE NOT ACTUALLY MURDERED ANYONE . I HAVE NEVER DONE DRUGS, NEVER HAD AN ABORTION AND COULD NEVER DO SO > COURSE I DON'T HAVE TO worry about having any more babies UNLESS GOD CHOOSES TO MAKE ME A SARAH :):):):):):) I do not expect that ..

LOVE IS THE ONLY THING THAT CONSISTENTLY MAKES SENSE.
TO HAVE LOVE make any sense ONE FIRST HAS TO KNOW the ONE THAT LOVED THEM FIRST.. WOULDN'T YOU SAY SO??? AND WHAT GREATER LOVE is there then TO HAVE A FATHER THAT GAVE ALL HE HAD TO GIVE TO GIVE US A LIFE TO LIVE NOW ON THIS EARTH??? KNOWING THAT ALL OUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN, AND ALSO HAVING A PROMISE THAT AFTER THIS THERE IS MORE TO LOOK FORWARD TO... MEN AND WOMAN. TO HAVE THAT KIND OF LOVE SURELY IS THE GREATEST LOVE TO KNOW AND BE ABLE TO GIVE TO ANOTHER> RIGHT???

WHY would THAT CREATOR EVER MAKE A MAN AND A WOMAN IF IT were not FOR THEM TO KNOW HIM AND HIS LOVE TO GIVE THAT LOVE TO EACH OTHER. AND JUST AS IT HAS BEEN WRITTEN BECOMING ONE AS BEING TWO WITH CHRIST BEING THE HEAD OF BOTH. TO also Multiply the earth and that is what men and woman do. I THINK ANYWAY> I AND MY HUSBAND HAD TWO CHILDREN. BEEN DIVORCED ONCE and I AM GLAD I HAD NO CHILD from that MARRIAGE. AGAIN I WAS BLESSED IN THAT..

Sorry if you think/believe there should be something else, but that's just not the way it is.

I should think there should be something else????? LIKE WHAT??? THAT HAVING the KNOWLEDGE OF GODS LOVE is NOT ENOUGH. ???
IF I did not understand GOD'S LOVE I would have never stayed with MY SECOND HUSBAND.. GOD'S LOVE is LOVING ANOTHER MORE THEN YOURSELF IN REALITY. I believe that is what is wrong with most marriages is because MEN DO NOT LOVE THEIR WIVES MORE THEN THEMSELVES and VISA VESA . I DON'T KNOW HOW THAT WOULD WORK OUT. NEVER BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT BEFORE PROBABLY TO LATE NOW . :):):)

ISN'T THAT A well I won't say it.. NOT nice to say anyway.

I do not and cannot BELIEVE THAT GOD CREATED A MAN JUST TO HAVE HIM GO FROM THE WAY OF THE WOMAN HE MADE FOR THAT MAN IN THE BEGINNING. and THEN JUST BECAUSE some men and some woman GO AND DEPART from HIS way of HAVING SEX just does not jive . HE is not about to change HIS MIND NOW AFTER ALL THIS TIME I don't believe. SODOM AND GOMORRAAH was AND IS A LESSON for us all to learn . BUT WE ALL I BELIEVE HAVE been very SLOW TO LEARN .. THE LESSONS GOD HAS GIVEN . THE WAR THAT ISRAEL AND AMERICA ARE FIGHTING THIS DAY IS EVIDENCE OF THAT TRUTH ME BELIEVES>

Pray for me, and weep for me, please. But don't think that you can shape MY "faith", I've seen a different life than you have, and that should be as obvious as the images in the link I gave you above. Don't try to tell me what FAITH really is, when I had to struggle in ways you cannot imagine or fully understand. Only God knows, and that is the truth.
Your right ONLY GOD KNOWS YOUR HEART OR MINE FOR THAT MATTER..
YET THE SAME GOD THAT IS MY GOD IS ALSO YOUR GOD. LIKE IT OR NOT. WE ALL HAVE A HEAVENLY FATHER THAT LOVED US SO MUCH HE GAVE ALL HE HAD TO GIVE, HOW MUCH LOVE COULD THAT HAVE BEEN????????

If you were in the war at anytime and suffered by seeing death and being injured because of it . THEN YES I CAN UNDERSTAND VERY WELL .. IF THIS IS THE CASE then MAYBE YOU SHOULD GIVE THANKS TO YOUR LORD GOD THAT SPARED YOUR LIFE FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS.. HE must have had a REASON DON'T YA THINK ????? FOR EVEN GIVING YOU THIS LIFE TO BEGIN WITH????? WE ALL HAVE PURPOSE. NO MATTER who WE ARE. GOD KNOWS what YOUR PURPOSE IS > JUST AS HE KNOWS what MINE IS. even though I sometimes wonder what the HECK HE IS doing.:):):):):) but all the same I KNOW HE is GOD and HE is WITHIN MY HEART . GUIDING AND LEADING ME MORE EACH AND EVERY DAY. AM I PERFECT NO BUT I sure am a WORK IN PROGRESS I CAN TELL YA THAT. and I KNOW THAT when MY TIME COMES TO LEAVE THIS BODY I will be ready for HIS HEAVEN .. wherever and whatever HIS HEAVEN IS. I REST IN THE TRUTH THAT MY RELATIVES ARE ALL WATING FOR ME. and many friends also AND MY HUSBAND THAT HAS ALREADY GONE ON . MAKES YA WONDER WHY THE WIDOW HAD SEVEN HUSBANDS HUH SHE MUST HAVE BEEN PRETTY YOUNG TO HAVE SEVEN .. I only have had two . BUT WHO KNOWS .. BUT GOD, He knows all before we do, when I am outa here. ... I won't have to CRY, WORRY ABOUT ANYONE OR ANYTHING ANYMORE HUH. YET TO BE DEAD and not here anymore I am not so sure that would be the greatest either. I HAVE THREE grandkyds I want to see grow up.

PRAY for you OF COURSE I WILL.. WEEP YES I PROBABLY WILL .. why????? because OF YOUR PAIN .. ANYONE THAT HAS to be careful what HE REVEALS to someone because of FEAR OF what the person will say or do is NOT FREE BUT A PRISONOR OF SIN. and A PRISONOR OF THE SOCIETY AROUND HIM. WHICH SAYS PLENTY ABOUT OUR SINS WHEN WE ARE FACED with the TRUTH OF THEM HUH????????

PERSONALLY.. I HAVE MY own PAIN ALSO TO DEAL with BUT I KNOW what MY SINS ARE. I have been forgiven of them.....MY PAIN IS DEALING WITH THE SINS OF OTHERS. I DEAL with this by DOING WHAT MANY DO . SEPERATE FROM THOSE I CANNOT DEAL with. BECAUSE OF THE SINS THEY CONTINUE IN.. CAN ONLY do so much ... I WOULD HAVE NEVER MADE A GOOD preacher over a pulpit.... I am to bold, honest and I AM QUITE BULL-HEADED about many things.. AND ESPECIALLY when I REALLY KNOW I AM RIGHT ABOUT somehing. DOES NOT make for making many friends :):):):):):) WHEN one is HONEST and BOLD TO BOOT.

So I before I leave.. I am really glad MEL we had this DISCUSSION.. I am not coming back in here I really need to get out of this forum... BEFORE I LEAVE.. I am weeping for you.. I have in the past wept for many in here .. on the internet. I believe it is just getting to much.. I AM to emotional for this anymore..

I THINK you might have had a good thought and idea. when you said . I MIGHT IGNORE THINGS.. I probably would do well to start ignoring more . AND JUST LIVE AS someone told me to do AND THE SONG SAYS . "ONE DAY AT A TIME."

I have LIVED MOST OF MY LIFE"'ONE DAY AT A TIME" where did I loose that ??? I KNOW where it CHANGED. But that is another story I am not going into. :):):):)

MAY OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN GIVE YOU A PEACE YOU HAVE NEVER HAD BEFORE. MAY HIS LOVE ENVELOPE YOU AS YOU HAVE NEVER KNOWN . I ASK HEAVENLY FATHER IN JESUS NAME. amen

Take care MEL...

melikio
Guru

Why be discrete? (Good Reasons)

Post #184

Post by melikio »

ANYONE THAT HAS to be careful what HE REVEALS to someone because of FEAR OF what the person will say or do is NOT FREE BUT A PRISONOR OF SIN.
No, it DOES NOT necessarily indicate that a person is a prisoner of "sin"; that is just some BS that you wish to conveniently place upon another, to rationalize what you believe is "right".

There are SO MANY good or perfectly valid reasons for people to NOT reveal things about themselves (whether sexual or otherwise).

Where it pertains to human seuxality, it is a simple fact that homosexual people are VERY OFTEN mistreated (whether they are sexually active or not). Actually, it would be interesting to see a society what DIDN'T persecute people, merely because of a homosexual-orientation.

Back to the topic:

I don't see where the Bible promotes or condones what even some Christians DO to make the lives of homosexual people as miserable as they often intend to.

I'm not ashamed of being gay; and I don't see myself as a freak of some type. I DO know how to protect myself both passively and actively, against anyone who wishes to dehumanize me. If I decide to NOT reveal or expose my homosexuality, it is because there are enough hateful JERKS out here, that it is worth keeping a secret; only a fool paints a bullseye on their back.

-Mel-
"It is better to BE more like Jesus and assume to speak less for God." -MA-

micatala
Site Supporter

Post #185

Post by micatala »

Suzanne wrote:ANYONE THAT HAS to be careful what HE REVEALS to someone because of FEAR OF what the person will say or do is NOT FREE BUT A PRISONOR OF SIN.
THis just doesn't make any sense.

Does this, for example, apply to David being afraid to reveal his whereabouts to Saul when Saul was seeking to kill him?

Does it apply to Jesus when he is cautious about revealing to people that He is the Son of God?

Suzanne
Scholar

Re: Why be discrete? (Good Reasons)

Post #186

Post by Suzanne »

melikio wrote:
ANYONE THAT HAS to be careful what HE REVEALS to someone because of FEAR OF what the person will say or do is NOT FREE BUT A PRISONOR OF SIN.
No, it DOES NOT necessarily indicate that a person is a prisoner of "sin"; that is just some BS that you wish to conveniently place upon another, to rationalize what you believe is "right".
THERE YOU GO AGAIN;;; putting words in my mouth..

have I put you down for admitting to me as being a homosexual?? NO! have I told you a truth that the WRITTEN WORD OF GOD does not CONDONE THIS ACT OF SEXUALITY? YES! IN truth In the OLD testament and In the NEW TESTAMENT it is SAID TO be an ABOMINATION TO THE LORD THY GOD!. NOW if you choose to call me a liar and not believe what has already been written and ordained as being an ABOMINATION TO GOD ALMIGHTY MY LORD AND YOURS> whether you like the truth or not it is no less then the truth that is written has been written and is the WORD OF OUR LORD GOD CREATOR whether you agree or not. I cannot help it if OUR CREATOR GOD HEAVENLY FATHER DOES NOT APPROVE OF MAN TO MAN OR WOMAN TO WOMAN SEXUAL ACTS. that is not my problem but the problem of all those that DISREGARD the truth of this SITUATION ACT OF SODOMY and DISOBEDIENCE TO what GOD HAS ALREADY IS AGAINST. and has said is AN ABOMINATION IT IS ABOMNIBLE TO HIM not to mention to we who know what OUR LORD GOD HAS ALREADY said about this act...

NOW I DO NOT HATE YOU for being a homosexual YET I NEITHER WILL CONDONE IT AS AN ACT TO BE PRACTICED. ok? WHY?? because it can and does cause many problems for not only the ONE DOING the act and the person that is CONDONING IT BY BEING AA PARTAKER ALSO IN THE ACT. but it causes DESEASES. HURT AND PAIN FOR the PARENTS of the one that COMES OUT AND ADMITS TO SUCH . AND in OLDER TIMES IT WAS AN EMBARRESMENT AND A BLIGHT ON THE PARENTS and CAUSED the parents much embarresment and heartbreak because the parents were just as with a OUT OF WEDLOCK PREGNACY WAS LOOKED ON AS something of SHAME FOR THE PARENTS.. I must say and do say that this is not GIVING HONOR TO GOD NOR THE EARTHLY MOTHER AND FATHER THAT GOD HAS had the Son or daughter being birthed into this world by/// OR have you forgotten the THOU SHALT honor thy mother and father. Of the ten commandments. I guess no love lost on this commandment huh?? let along disregarding the SIN of IMMORAL AND UNNATURAL sexual practices IGNORING THIS ... and FORGOING what Godhad already ordained as right and good and righteous as to sexual activity between a husband and a wife meaning man and woman..
You can sit here and tell me how THIS is an ok act and that you cannot help yourself because you are just a homosexual all you want to but it is still not what GOD had planned nor had ordained for any man or woman period. I believe that YOU and others can abstain from sexual activity with the same sex if they choose to do so. and this is CMMENDABLE AT BEST. but to be DEPRIVED OF A NATURAL ORDAINED OF GOD RELATIONSHP with a woman and NOT TRUST IN THE LORD GOD TO change your heart and mind and GIVING YOU A NEW DIRECTION and a new inner change is also very unwise. yet if you have no faith that GOD can do this for you then of course it cannot and will not be so or accomplished. FOR IF one has no faith in what GOD CAN DO for us then WE CANNOT PLEASE GOD.
Now of course this is just what I believe ok.. but then I believe it because of MY FAITH IN GOD . I CANNOT DENY my father whom is in heaven any more then any other CHRISTIN CAN if they KNOW the truth He has ALREADY HAD written OF HIMSELF US AND THE HISTORY OF ALL THAT HAS EVER BEEN MADE AND IS MADE.. I believe that the PROVERB IS A TRUTH.

ONLY A FOOL will SAY IN HIS HEART THERE IS NO GOD!

WELL I ain't no fool I may be many things . BUT to believe this is beyond what I can say. BECAUSE I WILL NOT AND CANNOT deny GOD... YOU ask then what about JESUS ??? IS he RISEN?? IS HE THE CHRIST??? WAS HE AND IS HE A REAL PRESENCE??? yes HE IS. IN my heart HE IS . just as HE IS IN MANY THAT have BELIEVED IN GOD the FATHER, THE WORD, and THE HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM.
There are SO MANY good or perfectly valid reasons for people to NOT reveal things about themselves (whether sexual or otherwise).
I can imagine there are many reasons people would just NOT REVEAL who they really are. ONE IS A CRIMINAL RECORD. THAT they are fearful of having being found out about. AGAIN there it is again HAVING NO FAITH AND BEING FEARFUL of what another or people may think or say or do.
When if the truth was just dealt with then it could all be out in the open and done and over with. ESPECIALLY IF TIME HAS ALREADY BEEN SERVED.
OF course another incident could cause another jail or prison term IF the one that was already guilty once was NOT CHANGED INWARDLY to help him to stay clean so to speak. ALREADY HAD that expierence also WITH an ex son-in-law. after having the best opportunity he could have ever had a family a son and a wife that wouldlove him and be with him forever. WELL WARNINGS AND GIVING LOVE TO HIM WAS NOT ENOUGH. after a LIFE OF IN AND OUT OF JAILS AND PRISONS HE AGAIN BROKE THE LAW. AFTER TWO YEARS BACK with a warning again and you are outa here. WELL AFTER TWO YEARS PROBATION DONE AND GONE AND TWO YEARS OF PRISON UNDER HIS BELT AGAIN he stole from me OF ALL PEOPLE who ACTUALLY LOVED HIM THE MOST!!! and HE knew it.WELL I AM NOT ONE TO GO BACK ON MY WORD when I had warned him. of the consequences. I DID HAVE my daughter and NOW MY GRANDSON to consider. IT make me cry today because of what HE LET go of yet some things and some people you cannot help them . DO I PRAY FOR HIM YES. DO I WANT HIM BACK IN MY GRANDSONS LIFE NO. HE is a bad influence on him this has been already proven to be so because he has not changed and may never change his attitude or his way of talking and being CRUDE and HAVE IT MY WAY and have what I want no matter what the cost. EVEN if it means taking it from someone or a store of choice. THERE is always the hope that HE CAN and will be changed and someday He and my GRANDSON CAN AT LEAST make amends with each other. BUT THIS TOO IS IN THE HANDS OF GOD just where I HAVE PLACED THIS EX SON IN LAW. I CRY OVER HIM YET. BUT tears come and tears go but my hope and faith that GOD CAN DO what none of us can.. does prevail within my heart and soul.
Where it pertains to human seuxality, it is a simple fact that homosexual people are VERY OFTEN mistreated (whether they are sexually active or not). Actually, it would be interesting to see a society what DIDN'T persecute people, merely because of a homosexual-orientation.
HAVE YOU EVER given it any thought that GOD CHASTIZES US ALL FOR OUR DISOBEDIENCE TO what HE HIMSELF HAS ALREADY ORDAINED TO BE A MORAL AND NATURAL ACT OF SEXUAL ACTIVITY that is meant for A HUSBAND AND WIFE MALE AND FEMALE NOT TWO OF THE SAME SEX. CONSIDERING THAT He uses people for this CHASTIZING AND CRRECTION then would it not be safe and right to say that PEOPLE THAT CORRECT A HOMOSEXUAL BY TELLING THEM IT IS AN ABOMINATION THEIR GOD IS WHAT HE WILL USE AND DO??????? WE AS CHRISTIAANS ARE TO ADMONISH ONE ANOTHER CORRECTING AND GIVING GUIDENCE TO EACH OTHER> ABOUT OUR EVIL AND SINFUL WAYS.. JUST AS I DID with the SITUATION ABOVE with the S-I-L BUT TO NO AVAIL. why? DID HE NOT LISTEN > to what he was being told . NOT wanting to believe that I and My daughter meant what we said. He had lived his life by getting away with this in and out and people taking him back and never really showing him his losses.. the biggest porblem with him was HE NEVER HAD MANY IF ANY WINS!!!!! most were all losses I KNEW THIS from the first few times I talked to him . and later found I was right. all along. HE HAD not a good home life by any sense of the word. therefore he was already in a spin of a downhill road and was taking my grandson on that same road. if something did not change TRIED it did not work why?? because HE DID NOT BELIEVE IN the words that were being given to him to believe in. why? because HE was never able to believe anyone as to LOVING HIM AND REALLY CAREING FOR HIM .. NO FAITH!!! IN GOD. and NO FAITH IN THE WORDS being VOWED and spoken to him. so where is he today? WE ARE NOT CERTAIN. anyway I am not .

Back to the topic:
I don't see where the Bible promotes or condones what even some Christians DO to make the lives of homosexual people as miserable as they often intend to.
I do not believe that anyone should beat up and injure with LIFE THREATENING INJURIES or murder a homosexual or a lesbian. BUT neither do I believe that anyone has to condon their SEXUAAL ACTIVITIES THEY ARE PARTAKING IN AND ACTUALLY PRACTICING AS IN MARRIAGE!!! OR LIVING WITH ONE ANOTHER !!! OR HAVING THEIR URGES MET BY HAVING SEX WITH THE SAME SEX. IF THEY CAN ABSTAIN FROM SEX I GUESS THAT IS MORE POWER TO THEM THEN BUT I personally would prefer they find a companion and someone they could have as a mate to have this SEXUAAL URGE satisfied gods way.. BUT who am i but just a CHRISTIAN THAT would also like all to be blessed with LOVE THT was IN GODS will and way. and believe me that is far from the way it is for most. it is shown in the marriages that fail.
I'm not ashamed of being gay; and I don't see myself as a freak of some type. I DO know how to protect myself both passively and actively, against anyone who wishes to dehumanize me. If I decide to NOT reveal or expose my homosexuality, it is because there are enough hateful JERKS out here, that it is worth keeping a secret; only a fool paints a bullseye on their back. {/quote]

WELL this tells me that you can be vey controlled in how you deal with people concerning this hmm orientation. ??? depending on the way they deal with it. DEHUMANIZE YOU??? how can one make you UNHUMAN??? OR UNPERSON??? OR UNMAN ?????? I just find it very sad REALLY THAT YOU DO NOT understand what IT is THAT is MAKING YOUR LIFE IN MANY WAYS not what it could or should be. NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU anything but a man. and a person, that makes you a CREATION OF GOD ALMIGHTY> BEING BIRTHED THROUGH THE WOMB OF A WOMAN JUST AS ANY OF US HAVE BEEN. YET I DO NOT believe for one minute that YOUR DESIRE OR LACK OF DESIRE FOR A MAN OR WOMAN HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE GENES OR HERITAGE OF YOUR LINAGE. I BELIEVE IT COMES FROM some WAY OF being treated by A PARENT, a RELATIVE, in other words an abuse of some sort. whether it be from a mother a father or another person . and the abuse could be NEGLECT not a SEXUAL ABUSE. but in alot of cases it is because of SEXUAL ABUSE AT A VERY YOUNG AGE.
and all OF THIS GIVES ME THE FAITH AND HOPE THAT ANY HOMOSEXUAL OR LESBIAN CAN BE CHANGED FOR THE BETTER IN HEART AND MIND AND DESIRES FOR THE NORM RATHER THEN THE UNNATURAL THAT GOD HAS ALREADY ORDAINED MEN AND WOMAN TO BE. IN THE FIRST PLACE.

DOES THIS MAKE ME A BAD AND HATFUL PERSON BECAUSE I AM HONEST ABOUT MY GOD'S TRUTH. NO!!!!!!!! but then again it depends on whether one believes it is a truth of GOD and HIS WORD HUH????? in that case only you and you alone can decide that. I am talking to you now huh?? I have been called a liar about GODS TRUTH MANY TIMES so one more time will not make any difference I guess.

Like I said I am a follish person about alot of things but THERE is a BIG DIFFERENCE IN being a fool and a foolish person. GOD IS !! and none can ever make me believe HE IS NOT. I KNOW who MY father is and I also BELIEVE HE is in heaven and I will see him again. because I have believed in the promises of the BAPTISM of water. and the baptism of the Spirit.
and I KNOW I WILL DIE someday.. after that I will then KNOW THAT I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG . I HAAVE YET TO HAVE ANYONE AACTUALLY COME TO ME FROM THE DEAD TO SAY YES THERE IS AA HEAVEN AFTER THEY HAVE DIED.. well that is not exactly the truth because a FRIEND OF MINE told me of her expierence and when she died she SAID to her daughter "OH
MY! I see the Flowers ---------." she had told me years before about how she had died and gone to heaven and she was on top of this tall hill looking out over the valley and it was litterally covered with all kinds and colors of flowers. and how she was just estatic of the beauty of it all. when all of a sudden she was in a room and it was a hospital t room where she had been placed in the bed. SHE did not forget the scene and she knew in her heart that there was a place with nothing but beauty of the flowers she dearly loved flowers and her daughter always gave her flowers for everything even for nothing at all but to say I love ya mom.. To this day I am friends with this lady that still pines for y her mother she loved so much. yet we talk often of how her MOM is where she wasfor a short glimps of her heaven. and is supposed to be among those FLOWERS SHE LOVED AND you had GIVEN HER THROUGH THE YEARS.
SO I GUESS I cannot say I have never. can I ??????????? see how easy it is to do what we do not really want to do. BUT FAITH AND BELIEVE I CAN DO AND HAVE NO PROBLEM BECAUSE GOD HAS ALWAYS been for me not against me ........ even before I was ever IMAGINED TO BE IN THE womb of my mother . FOR GOD HAD AND DOES ALWAYS HAVE THAT SEED THAT HE GIVES EACH AND EVERYONE . it is CALLED A MEASURE OF FAITH within our hearts THAT IF NUTURED FED AND WATERED CAN GROW AND MATURE and ONCE IT HAS> WELL ONLY ANOTHER CHRISTIAN GOD LOVING GOD FEARING BORN AGAIN OF HIS SPIRIT CAN KNOW.. IS there a heaven to look forward to YES> MARGE TOLD ME OF HERS. IS THERE A HELL TO STAY OUT OF?? YES. ANOTHER FRIEND SAID THERE MUST BE A HEL SOMEWHERE BECAUSE OF WHAT SHE WITNESSED IN ANOTHERS PASSING. FOR ME!!! I KNOW HEAVEN IS REAL AND SO IS HEL A PLACE I DO NOT CHOOSE TO GO TO. BECAUSE I KNOW MY SISTER AND HOW SHE WAS BLESSED YET STILL DIED BUT IN PERFECT AND WONDERFUL PEACE KNOWING HER REALITY AND TRUTH .. and she and I were raised by the same mother and dad.. so was my brother but I have not talked to him in over three years not because of a fight but just because of his ways and mine he does not know me BUT I KNOW HIM.. and HE IS MY BLOOD BROTHER AND I LOVE HIM i wonder if he knows how much.

SO you see MEL we all have our problems our hurts and our truths. so are we really that much different when you consider our beginning??????? and our ending??????? and THAT BEGAN WITH whom????????????for me I call him LORD , GOD, CHRIST JESUS, HEAVENLY FATHER, JEHOVAH, AND WORTHY TO BE PRAISED and may all glory be HIS.

I had a message for you in another posting and I also would not have been here at all if I had not have had something given to me between sleep and awake this morning
I am sure it had something to do with MY CONVERSATION with you yesterday.. It is posted here in the one about endtimes.. "BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. "You may want to read it all.
-Mel-

melikio
Guru

Faith, Hope, Grace and LOVE

Post #187

Post by melikio »

No, it [keeping one's sexual preference or orientation] DOES NOT necessarily indicate that a person is a prisoner of "sin"; that is just some BS that you wish to conveniently place upon another, to rationalize what you believe is "right".
Suzanne, THAT is a comment about what you said; you have a right to disagree with MY OPINION, but no... I did not intend to imply that you actually agree with or said what I did.

I KNOW we disagree, and that is what I believe my original statement indicated.
have I put you down for admitting to me as being a homosexual??
Suzanne, I didn't claim that you intended to put me down. Still, that doesn't mean that the meaning of your biblical interpretations are NOT effective as a putdown. The effect is the same, despite the intent.
NO! have I told you a truth that the WRITTEN WORD OF GOD does not CONDONE THIS ACT OF SEXUALITY?

Of course you have SAID that; but it does not mean that I will interpret the Bible as YOU do.
YES! IN truth In the OLD testament and In the NEW TESTAMENT it is SAID TO be an ABOMINATION TO THE LORD THY GOD!

Again, I will not try to tell Christians how to interpret the Bible; those arguments never end. But I will ALWAYS advocate for the right of homosexual people to be treated fairly by God's grace. Don't expect us to stop seeking that.
NOW if you choose to call me a liar and not believe what has already been written and ordained as being an ABOMINATION TO GOD ALMIGHTY MY LORD AND YOURS> whether you like the truth or not it is no less then the truth that is written has been written and is the WORD OF OUR LORD GOD CREATOR whether you agree or not.

Look; IF the interpretation you have it THE ONE TRUE interpretation and text, then SO BE IT. Even so, if I cannot or will not believe it as you lay it out there; there is a limit that YOU must accept; I know I have a limit to what I can or will believe of what you say (for many reasons I have already discussed with you here).
I cannot help it if OUR CREATOR GOD HEAVENLY FATHER DOES NOT APPROVE OF MAN TO MAN OR WOMAN TO WOMAN SEXUAL ACTS.

That is again YOUR view and opinion of what the Bible and other interpretation of the same have told YOU. I cannot help it if you cannot accept the view I possess as a human being.
that is not my problem but the problem of all those that DISREGARD the truth of this SITUATION ACT OF SODOMY and DISOBEDIENCE TO what GOD HAS ALREADY IS AGAINST.

You have THIS much to say about it, and it not YOUR problem? YOu seem to MAKE it your problem (as many Christians do).
and has said is AN ABOMINATION IT IS ABOMNIBLE TO HIM not to mention to we who know what OUR LORD GOD HAS ALREADY said about this act...
The Bible says some things about homosexuality, and not nearly as much as it does about many other things. There are many abominations we can toss around in discussion, and they willl vary dependent upon one's interpretation of Scripture.

People DO NOT and never have believed in the Bible in the exact... same... way/s.
NOW I DO NOT HATE YOU for being a homosexual YET I NEITHER WILL CONDONE IT AS AN ACT TO BE PRACTICED. ok?
I sensed that YOU don't intend to be hateful, but I can say that the effect of much you have said is far from inviting.
WHY?? because it can and does cause many problems for not only the ONE DOING the act and the person that is CONDONING IT BY BEING AA PARTAKER ALSO IN THE ACT. but it causes DESEASES.

Unbridled hedonism and irresponsibile human beings can make a mess of ANY GIFT they possess. Heterosexuals are not exempt from the very problems you attribute to homosexuals.
HURT AND PAIN FOR the PARENTS of the one that COMES OUT AND ADMITS TO SUCH . AND in OLDER TIMES IT WAS AN EMBARRESMENT AND A BLIGHT ON THE PARENTS and CAUSED the parents much embarresment and heartbreak because the parents were just as with a OUT OF WEDLOCK PREGNACY WAS LOOKED ON AS something of SHAME FOR THE PARENTS.
I would not BLAME my parents, and only a very STUPID person would see my parents as being "responsible" for my sexual-orientation. I know some people need to place BLAME to make sense of things, but sometimes only GOD HIMSELF knows the 100% true answer to any given situation; just a fact of life.
I must say and do say that this is not GIVING HONOR TO GOD NOR THE EARTHLY MOTHER AND FATHER THAT GOD HAS had the Son or daughter being birthed into this world by/// OR have you forgotten the THOU SHALT honor thy mother and father. Of the ten commandments.
Look, I take care of my parents, and there is much HONOR from all of my siblings as well. My homosexuality has not been placed upon them as shame. They had no control over what happened to me, their son, as it pertains to my sexual orientation. It is relaly stupid to suggest that they did. I remember that they set the best of examples in love, respect for one another, and my father did all he could to affect me so that I could become a man. And let me tell you, there may be heterosexual men who THINK they are more of a man than me, but that is their own folly.
I guess no love lost on this commandment huh??

That commandment has nothing to do with what is being discussed here; I know you think it does, but I don't believe it does.
let along disregarding the SIN of IMMORAL AND UNNATURAL sexual practices IGNORING THIS ... and FORGOING what Godhad already ordained as right and good and righteous as to sexual activity between a husband and a wife meaning man and woman.
You have NO CLUE, what I've gone to God about and discussed in many prayers; and I could prove any of that to you here (even if I tried). So, this is where some things are left to interaction between God and the individual. I DON'T tell you how you should be viewing the DIVORCE you had (now do I)? That's between you, that person you were married to, and God Himself. But be certain, that I SURELY COULD find some sets of biblical verses, and stand poised to RIP you a new one (if that were my goal or perceived calling). Still, I don't think it's my place to make judgements about that period. There are way too many people, who think it is their primary CALLING to set "homosexuals" straight; HYPOCRITES!!!
You can sit here and tell me how THIS is an ok act and that you cannot help yourself because you are just a homosexual all you want to but it is still not what GOD had planned nor had ordained for any man or woman period.

I didn't even say that is was "ok". I basically advocated that it is NOT OK for you and others to bear down upon homosexuals as you often do. There are many offenses that are ignored (by comparison), and it really does end up making many Christians into massive hypocrites (overall).
I believe that YOU and others can abstain from sexual activity with the same sex if they choose to do so. and this is CMMENDABLE AT BEST.

But what happens, is that an amazing amount of pressure is laid upon homosexuals by others, to regard what you claim above. And all too often, so much "perfection" is expected in that area, that there is likely no way anyone can deliver upon the very DEMANDS (or expectations) many Christians often make.
but to be DEPRIVED OF A NATURAL ORDAINED OF GOD RELATIONSHP with a woman and NOT TRUST IN THE LORD GOD TO change your heart and mind and GIVING YOU A NEW DIRECTION and a new inner change is also very unwise.

What is a HOMOSEXUAL MAN, going to do in a relationship with a WOMAN? (You tell me?) I have been in such relationships... I hardly even wanted to KISS women. Can you EXPLAIN THAT?! (Really?)
yet if you have no faith that GOD can do this for you then of course it cannot and will not be so or accomplished. FOR IF one has no faith in what GOD CAN DO for us then WE CANNOT PLEASE GOD.

You either have not read what I've pointed out in the many previous posts, or you just think that others should comply with what you "believe" to be true. I did not exagerrate the REALITY that I spent literal DECADES trying to be interested in women. (IT DID NOT WORK.) Is it that you don't think homosexual-orientations actually exist? (They certainly do; and I had to learn it the LONG/HARD way.)
Now of course this is just what I believe ok.
And that is why you should likely NEVER ride the back of a homosexual person, using YOUR biblical interpretation of what they are or are about. You end up painting a terribly inaccurate picture of reality. I cannot deny what you have faith to believe, I can only tell you that I do not have the same faith which you possess.
but then I believe it because of MY FAITH IN GOD .

You have lived a completely different life from mine. I'm cannot question what your FAITH is about. My guesses and actual understanding of that would be TERRIBLE; and I KNOW that. And so it goes with what you THINK you know about my struggles as a Christian (who happens to be a homosexual person).
I CANNOT DENY my father whom is in heaven any more then any other CHRISTIN CAN if they KNOW the truth He has ALREADY HAD written OF HIMSELF US AND THE HISTORY OF ALL THAT HAS EVER BEEN MADE AND IS MADE.. I believe that the PROVERB IS A TRUTH.
Again, many of us believe and interpret the Bible (and life itself) in many different ways; there is NO GETTING AROUND THAT. That is why at some point/s, you just leave people to what either God or fate has to offer them. You cannot be worried about everything, nor can you control what's inside of them (even if you want to see them fixed, delivered, repaired, converted...whatever). There are real limits to the actual "autonomy" of any human being (including "Christians"); some things must be left to God to do period.
And may God forgive my UNBELIEF. Not ALL of us have been so blessed or fortunate, to have "faith" remain as intact as others. And across the entire spectra of human hearts which likely exists, the varied degrees of belief and unbelief are something that is God's and God's alone to actually fathom.

Maybe there are a LOT of FOOLS; even so I believe God can reach any fool He wants to reach; He has the power and love to find a way.
WELL I ain't no fool I may be many things . BUT to believe this is beyond what I can say.
I never saw you as a fool; even if I might imagine you can be stubborn. Still, I really don't know you; I'm sure God sees a perfect picture of who/what you are. I'm content with that.
BECAUSE I WILL NOT AND CANNOT deny GOD...

Sounds strong, encouraging and good. I've said things like that myself.
YOU ask then what about JESUS ??? IS he RISEN?? IS HE THE CHRIST???
Why wouldn't He turn me into a "HETEROSEXUAL", if I wanted it so much?
I know you can't answer that really; but that is a REAL and HEARTFELT inquiry from a person who has searched and struggled as I have. Again I tell you, you cannot begin to fathom what the struggling homosexual actually goes through (only God knows, and many more "Christians" need to accept that in the peace only God can grant them). You see, NOT riding the backs of "homosexuals", takes a LOT of faith for some people. IF God counts falling SPARROWS, then He knows the intricasies and nuances of the hearts and minds of homosexual people (many Christians have proved that they do not have a clue).
WAS HE AND IS HE A REAL PRESENCE???

I have always related to Jesus; His examples of love are the only real interest I've had in religion and Christianity.
IN my heart HE IS . just as HE IS IN MANY THAT have BELIEVED IN GOD the FATHER, THE WORD, and THE HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM.
Again, I cannot doubt nor verify what you claim here.
I can imagine there are many reasons people would just NOT REVEAL who they really are. ONE IS A CRIMINAL RECORD. THAT they are fearful of having being found out about.
Do you actually understand why most homosexuals in American societywould keep their sexual-oeirentation secret? (Don't imagine that you understand; learn the REAL REASONS.)
AGAIN there it is again HAVING NO FAITH AND BEING FEARFUL of what another or people may think or say or do.

I would question your wisdom, if you told me that you don't know the REAL RISKS or hazards of revealing one's sexual-orientation (if one is not a standard heterosexual).
When if the truth was just dealt with then it could all be out in the open and done and over with. ESPECIALLY IF TIME HAS ALREADY BEEN SERVED.

When was the last time you saw 1 or 100 Sunday testimonials, where people felt comfortable enough to admit they were "homosexual"? I spent the majority of my life in church, and did not EVER see that (not that I didn't want to see it, or give it). I knew how people tought about and treated homosexuals, so there was little logic in subjecting myself and any homophobic group of Chrsitians to that. Still, I believe that aspect needs to change.
OF course another incident could cause another jail or prison term IF the one that was already guilty once was NOT CHANGED INWARDLY to help him to stay clean so to speak. ALREADY HAD that expierence also WITH an ex son-in-law. after having the best opportunity he could have ever had a family a son and a wife that wouldlove him and be with him forever.

Homosexuals aren't CRIMINALS (unless they've commited an actual crime).
WELL WARNINGS AND GIVING LOVE TO HIM WAS NOT ENOUGH. after a LIFE OF IN AND OUT OF JAILS AND PRISONS HE AGAIN BROKE THE LAW. AFTER TWO YEARS BACK with a warning again and you are outa here. WELL AFTER TWO YEARS PROBATION DONE AND GONE AND TWO YEARS OF PRISON UNDER HIS BELT AGAIN he stole from me OF ALL PEOPLE who ACTUALLY LOVED HIM THE MOST!!! and HE knew it.WELL I AM NOT ONE TO GO BACK ON MY WORD when I had warned him. of the consequences.
You aren't God. And I understand the limitations of what you had to do for your own family. Your son-in-law is not me (or every other homosexual); I understand your concern and frustration about the people who happen to be.
I DID HAVE my daughter and NOW MY GRANDSON to consider.

Of course. From this distance, I can't second guess a thing yo had to do. I'm actually closer to God, than I am to you nevertheless.
IT make me cry today because of what HE LET go of yet some things and some people you cannot help them . DO I PRAY FOR HIM YES. DO I WANT HIM BACK IN MY GRANDSONS LIFE NO.
I've cried more than I can remember too. Nothing has been easy period.
HE is a bad influence on him this has been already proven to be so because he has not changed and may never change his attitude or his way of talking and being CRUDE and HAVE IT MY WAY and have what I want no matter what the cost. EVEN if it means taking it from someone or a store of choice.

I don't know what your son-in-law has as a problem. I'm sure there is something inside of him that I'd not understand, even if I knew him personally. Only God can FIX people like that (or any of us).
THERE is always the hope that HE CAN and will be changed and someday He and my GRANDSON CAN AT LEAST make amends with each other. BUT THIS TOO IS IN THE HANDS OF GOD just where I HAVE PLACED THIS EX SON IN LAW. I CRY OVER HIM YET. BUT tears come and tears go but my hope and faith that GOD CAN DO what none of us can.. does prevail within my heart and soul.
Again, I've seen sadness that I certainly DID NOT ask for myself. Even if I can't prove that to YOU, I have to tell you that is what I understand as being true.
HAVE YOU EVER given it any thought that GOD CHASTIZES US ALL FOR OUR DISOBEDIENCE TO what HE HIMSELF HAS ALREADY ORDAINED TO BE A MORAL AND NATURAL ACT OF SEXUAL ACTIVITY that is meant for A HUSBAND AND WIFE MALE AND FEMALE NOT TWO OF THE SAME SEX.

I considered this seriously for most of my life. I don't think I know exactly how God handles every given situation in every life. I don't know where His grace takes some (in this life) and not others. I know that most people do not CHOOSE their sexual-orientation (even if being homosexual, is somehow a sin). As far as sexual acts, I think that if God didn't punish anyone for it at all, there would be plenty of "Christians" to step in and dish out more than enough punishment; that's how things seem to me anyway. Much of the CRUELTY I've seen directed AT homosexual people, is easy to see DOES NOT come from a loving God.
CONSIDERING THAT He uses people for this CHASTIZING AND CRRECTION then would it not be safe and right to say that PEOPLE THAT CORRECT A HOMOSEXUAL BY TELLING THEM IT IS AN ABOMINATION THEIR GOD IS WHAT HE WILL USE AND DO??????? WE AS CHRISTIAANS ARE TO ADMONISH ONE ANOTHER CORRECTING AND GIVING GUIDENCE TO EACH OTHER> ABOUT OUR EVIL AND SINFUL WAYS.. JUST AS I DID with the SITUATION ABOVE with the S-I-L BUT TO NO AVAIL.
Suzanne, some people are just JERKS, wearing Bible-like veneer; not God's holy messengers. It is really going to take more than some words coming out of people's mouths, to make sense to a homosexual person who has suffered at the hands/mouths of those same people.

If the light doesn't shine directly into/through the person in NEED, then there will be little of meaning actually COMMUNICATED.
why? DID HE NOT LISTEN > to what he was being told .
You may never know the full, exact reasons.
NOT wanting to believe that I and My daughter meant what we said.

Only God really knows.
He had lived his life by getting away with this in and out and people taking him back and never really showing him his losses.. the biggest porblem with him was HE NEVER HAD MANY IF ANY WINS!!!!! most were all losses I KNEW THIS from the first few times I talked to him . and later found I was right. all along. HE HAD not a good home life by any sense of the word. therefore he was already in a spin of a downhill road and was taking my grandson on that same road. if something did not change TRIED it did not work why?? because HE DID NOT BELIEVE IN the words that were being given to him to believe in. why? because HE was never able to believe anyone as to LOVING HIM AND REALLY CAREING FOR HIM .. NO FAITH!!! IN GOD. and NO FAITH IN THE WORDS being VOWED and spoken to him. so where is he today? WE ARE NOT CERTAIN. anyway I am not .
That is the way it is with HUMAN beings. Love always makes sense to me, trying to read God's mind or will, never really made any sense to me. That people can reject even good advice, is a massively complex concept to consider. Why do people act the way they do? Who really knows? Why do people do what they do? (I don't know.)

I DO believe in the essence of Jesus' message, and see amazing amounts of hope in the LOVE He showed this world (in what He said, and what he sacrificed for all).

Why do I believe (at all)? Not because someone said (repeated) some biblical words from a BOOK to me, but because I could actually relate to what Jesus did (love). Love makes sense to me, and so Jesus subsequently did as well (go figure).
I do not believe that anyone should beat up and injure with LIFE THREATENING INJURIES or murder a homosexual or a lesbian.

Me neither.
BUT neither do I believe that anyone has to condon their SEXUAAL ACTIVITIES THEY ARE PARTAKING IN AND ACTUALLY PRACTICING AS IN MARRIAGE!!! OR LIVING WITH ONE ANOTHER !!! OR HAVING THEIR URGES MET BY HAVING SEX WITH THE SAME SEX.

Ok. But you DO NOT and should not have the power to influence and control that part of who they are as human beings. You don't nave to condone anything at all; but you can't get in the way of their sexual expression, if it's not victimizing anyone in any real way. Your "faith" may not allow you to see it as right/good, but there are limits to what you can affect directly in the lives of other human beings.
IF THEY CAN ABSTAIN FROM SEX I GUESS THAT IS MORE POWER TO THEM THEN

They may or may not (abstain); just like heterosexual folks. Still, I see a lot "lighter" weight placed upon heterosexual-sinners than those who are homosexual.
BUT I personally would prefer they find a companion and someone they could have as a mate to have this SEXUAAL URGE satisfied gods way..

I'm sure before you even THOUGHT to consider what you "prefer", there have been billions (like myself), who have pleaded with God to simply CHANGE or TAKE AWAY their homosexual-orientation. Then there are the likely billions of people (like myself) who struggled to see the CHANGE that never came.

What could you really demand of a person who has endured in that way? In my view, I think only God can pass the proper judgement upon someone who is homosexual; others can only GUESS abut what's really going on inside.
BUT who am i but just a CHRISTIAN THAT would also like all to be blessed with LOVE THT was IN GODS will and way. and believe me that is far from the way it is for most. it is shown in the marriages that fail.

I know what you mean. Sometimes it's just to be taken one moment and thought at a time. I almost lost ALL my faith, because there were too many UN-answers for my mind to accept. Now, I go day-by-day and even moment-to-moment. I hope I can please God somehow, but I don't assume I can always get it "right". I once thought that I really could, but I was absolutely mistaken.

If I don't have God's: Faith, Hope, Grace and LOVE, then there is really nothing to try for (in the biblical sense); I'd fail with every single breath I take.

-Mel-
"It is better to BE more like Jesus and assume to speak less for God." -MA-

Suzanne
Scholar

Re: Faith, Hope, Grace and LOVE

Post #188

Post by Suzanne »

Hi; I am not going to answer point by point because there is no need to do so. Yet the below Is what I am answering to.
I know what you mean. Sometimes it's just to be taken one moment and thought at a time. I almost lost ALL my faith, because there were too many UN-answers for my mind to accept. Now, I go day-by-day and even moment-to-moment. I hope I can please God somehow, but I don't assume I can always get it "right". I once thought that I really could, but I was absolutely mistaken.

If I don't have God's: Faith, Hope, Grace and LOVE, then there is really nothing to try for (in the biblical sense); I'd fail with every single breath I take.
This above Is I would have to say is EXACTLY the point for us all when it comes down to LIVING THIS LIFE we LIVE HERE AND NOW!!! I HVE FOR MOST OF MY LIFE lived In just this manner. TAKING ONE DAY AT AA TIME. and IN the LAST THIRTY YEARS pretty much been that way for me. YET I HAVE HAD some really hard times also BUT I CAN look back on those and I see others BAD THINGS THAT are so much more DEVISTATING and WORSE then anything I have had to survive and get through FORGIVE and LET GO OF. I HONESTLY CAN SAY I AM BLESSED have been BLESSED and will continue to be BLESSED BY MY LORD GOD. THAT is what I GUESS WE eventually come to at the age of 66 years old. and I have so much more to yet learn . ABOUT GOD MYSELF and this LIFE I HAVE YET TO LIVE> AS we all do OK???????? IT IS never an EASY WAY NO MATTER what ALL The RELIGIOUS MINITERS TRY TO TELL US OK???? THAT is why I NEVER WENT TO CHURCH. because I saw as I grew up that TO MANY PEOPLE HAD TO MANY DIFFERENT IDEAS about what GOD HIMSELF HAS had to say had written for us all to LIVE BY> so I MADE IT A POINT TO READ for myself what HE HAD written and what HAS been said and done for us all NOT JUST for me alone but for all of us as MANKIND> meaning men and woman. male and female.. NOW SO what have I learned???? would be a better question to answer and ask right? IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER LIFETIME TO LISTEN I would tell you exactly what I have learned. BUT THAT would NOT even be PLAUSIBLE> :):):):) and that is a truth.. EVEN if I told you exactly what I believe I would either be not believed and that is no different then now. or I would be BELIEVED and that would mean that we both would agree at least in that. and that would also mean that we have no disagreement about GOD, JESUS CHRIST, THE WORD, OR THE HOLY SPIRIT. SO I cannot REALLY AS YOU HAVE STATED MAKE YOU OR ANYONE BELIEVE AS I DO AND FOR the REASONS I DO believe the way I do. SO How do I tell you IN a short and honest truthful way?? without telling you from start to finish How I have come to where I am today and why I am who I am and what I am and why I do and say and act and believe the way I do?? TO MUCH TO TELL Just like there is to much IN YOUR LIFETIME TO TELL THAT HAS MADE YOU THE WAY AND who YOU ARE right?
WE could sit and talk for hours and hours and days and weeks and never get to the end of the story RIGHT? because OUR OWN personal INDIVIDUAL STORIES HAAVE NO END> UNTIL WE ARE NO LONGER HERE TO LIVE THE STORY AND CONTINUE HAVING IT CONTINUE ON> ... so IN THIS MATERIALISTIC WORRLD WE ARE OF AND LIVEING IN??????? THE LIVING AND STORY CONTINUES. and when I am dead buried and in my grave. then who will talk about ME or mention my name to anyone ? MY KYDS, MY GRANDKYDS, and SO ON down the line until there is NONE TO MENTION MY NAME AGAIN BY ANYONE. right? same with you UNLESS of Course you are some NOTED PERSON THAT whatever your life has been BY NOTERIATY, (BOOKS, TV,MOVIES,) ANY KNOWN NAME THAT is SURE TO BE REMEMBERED AND TALKED ABOUT AND MENTIONED DOWN THROUGH HISTORY YET TO BE MADE AND DONE FOR who KNOWS how many more GENERATIONS. YET none and NO NAME HAS ever been TALKED ABOUT. DISCUSSED, DISAGREED , with and about, AND PEOPLE RUN FROM, HATE TO TALK ABOUT, and WANT TO JUST GET RID OF IT . any more then THE NAME OF GOD >>> AND WHO CALLS GOD JEHOVAH ???? FEW. AND WHO WANTS TO INVOKE THE NAME OF JESUS OR HAVE THIS NAME MENTIONED IN PUBLIC????? HEAVEN FORBID ANYONE END A PRAYER IN PUBLIC WITH THE NAME OF JESUS > CUT IT TRASH IT DELETE IT PUNISH THOSE THAT WOULD EVEN BE BOLD ENUGH TO STAND UP FOR GOD AND THAT NAME THAT IS ABOVE EVERY NAME UNDER HEAVEN AND ON THE EARTH> AND EVEN IN IT > NO WE CANNOT HAVE JEHOVAH , GOD< OR THE NAME OF JESUS BE MEBTIONED OR TALKED ABOUT IN PUBLIC AFTER ALL EVERYBODY HAS THEIR OWN OPINION ON WHAT AND WHO GOD IS RIGHT???? IT is enough to make anyone sick!!!!!!!!!!!!! LITERALLY!!!!!!!!! so .. after all this being said BY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just another little PION OF A HUMAN KIND HERE THAT HAS NO BRAINS BECAUSE I AM A WOMAN. and OF COURSE ALL MEN KNOW THAT WOMAN ARE NOTHING AT ALL IN THE SCRIPTURES AND SOCIETY AS A WHOLE because we are mere woman that have no SAY IN ANY THING REALLY RIGHT??? IS MY ANGER OMING OUT TO YOU HERE?? ABOUT what society and men and woman also believe in some places. all because they HAVE absolutely no idea at all what HAS ALREADY BEEN SAID and done and written FOR US ALL!!!!!!!! I ENPHESIZE ALL!!!!!!! TO LIVE BY AND ACCORDING TO WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN WRITTEN SAID AND DONE CREATED BY A GOD THAT NONE OF US CAN EVER EXPLAIN OR EXPLAIN AWAY EITHER!!!!!!!!!. I do however KNOW THAT there is NOT ANYTHING THAT ANY ONE would want an answer to they can find JUST ABOUT ANY ANSWER ON HOW A PERSON SHOULD DO AND ACT AND TREAT OTHERS IN THIS BOOK WE CALL THE HOLY BIBLE!!!! we also can learn about HOW and the best way to BE HEALTHY AND STAY THAT WAY. and LIVE A LONG AND HEALTHY LIFE> HOW TO HAVE KYDS and RAISE THEM and TREAT THEM AND TEACH THEM ALSO> THE HOLY BIBLE IS A WORD TO LIVE BY FAITH AND JUST DO IT> well FEW DO IT INCLUDEING ME!!!!!!!!!!! why??? ??? WHY????? because we are sinners INSIDE> and WE CANNOT CHANGE ANYTHING ALL BY OURSELF> WE NEED HELP TO CHANGE that which we do not like about ourself.. WELL NOW HOW do we as STUPID IGNORANT INDIVIDUALS THAT KNOW NOTHING AT ALL EXCEPT what we have BEEN TOLD TAUGHT AND LIVED SUPPOSED TO CHANGE ANYTHING WE DO NOT LIKE ABOUT OURSELF?????????????????? OR for that matter what is happening in our lives?????????

I KNOW WHAT I HAVE done. I DO HAVE FAITH!!!!!!! I HAVE FAITH THAT NO MATTER what GOD IS HERE DAY AND NIGHT EVERY MINUTE OF THE DAY AND NIGHT. I HAVE ALWAYS believed IN THIS > SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!! BECAUSE GOD IS A SPIRIT!!! and I CAN ONLY KNOW THIS because THE BOOK THAT HAS been written FOR US ALL HAS ALSO TOLD me that IT IS GOD THAT MADE The FIRST MAN> and IT IS GOD THAT BREATHED INTO THAT MAN> LIFE> MAKING THAT MAN A LIVING BREATHING SOUL!!

MY dictionary tells me that a SOUL is also SPIRIT!!!! YET HERE I AM NOT A MAN BUT A WOMAN!! so now where DID I COME FROM THEN??? AHHHH RIGHT!!! FROM THAT MAN RIGHT!!!! THAT is what the BOOK TELLS ME> THANK GOD I CAME FROM THAT MAN> THAT GOD !!!!! whom is a SPIRIT GAVE LIFE TO THAT MAN THAT I AS A WOMAN COULD HAVE EVEN HAD THIS LIFE TO LIVE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! and then YOU sit and TELL ME THAT YOU CAN ONLY LOVE AM NOTHER MAN when GOD CREATED AND MADE A WOMAN FROM THAT FIRST MAN!!! I DID NOT GET CREATED OR BORN OYT FROM UNDER some MUD PUDDLE somewhere. UNLESS YOU WANT TO SAY YOU ARE NOT A CREATION OF A ONE CREATOR GOD ALMIGHTY?? I do not give to whoops to ______ all I know is that I HAAVE SPOKEN AND I GOT WELL> AND NOT without the aid of DRS> NURSES< MEDICINES< THAT HAVE COME FROM PLANTS THAT GREW ON THIS PLANET EARTH THAT HAD TO HAVE BECOME SOME WAY AND I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE IN THE WORD OF GOD ALMIGHTY WHOEVER WE THINK OR HOW WE PERCIEVE HIM>OK!!!!!!

NOW I AM NOT LIKE all other people I do not believe this world or this earth is ever going to come to an end. DO I believe that a war will come that it will and could be what none have ever seen in this age yes I most certainly do. and when it does THEN AND ONLY THEN will people SAY GOD HELP US!!!!!!!!! as a world. will that ever happen I REALLY HAVE MY DOUBTS ABOUT THAT> because NO MATTER what PEOPLE will always have something to FIGHT and war about . IF IT IS NO MORE Then IS GOD REAL ?? AND WHO CAN RULE OVER US> MAN >> YA RIGHT?? MANKIND BOTH WOMAN AND MEN ALIKE DO REAL WELL ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST MESSERUPPERS THERE ARE?? SO!!!!!!!!!!! WHO DO WE BLAME????? A GOD NONE WANT TO BELIEVE IN IN THE FIRST PLACE OR OURSELVES FOR NOT BELIEVING AND NOT DOING JUST AS IT HAS BEEN WRITTEN LOVE GOD AND FOLLOW HIS COMMANDMENTS!!! I BELIEVE THERE ARE TEN ACTUAL LAWS THAT ALL SHOULD FOLLOW AND THE ONE IF FOLLOWED THEN WE WOULD HAVE HEAVEN ON EARTH BUT WHO IS GOING TO LOVE EVERYBODY AS GOD HAS LOVED US??????????? ONLY THOSE THAT UNDERSTAND AND KNOW WHAT THAT KIND OF LOVE IS> TO BAD we HAVE TO GET so OLD we cannot understand it until it is too late to really LIVE IT HUH??????????????? YET MUCH BLOOD GETS SHD EVERY DAY JUST BECAUSE OF LOVE FOR THEIR NEIGHBORS AND THEIR COUNTRY THAT GOD HAS ULTIMATLY GIVEN US ALL WE JUST CANNOT SHARE THE LAND HE HAS GIVEN US ALL A PORTION OF!!!! AND WE ALL HAVE A PORTION TO HAVE> THE BOUNDERIES HAVE BEEN SET> YET WE AS MANKIND CAN DO NOTHING BUT FIGHT OVER LAND RIGHTS!!!!!!! HOW STUPID IS THIS!!!!

MY MOTHER used to say all the time. I AM NOT WRONG IT IS THE WORLD THAT HAS NO SENSE. I KNOW who and what and how my mother was .. and I also have understood alot of why she was the way she was. WE AS MEN AND woman PUT EACH OTHER DOW N ALL THE time. AND NO WE ARE NOT supposed to be putting each other down at all BUT AS husbands and wives we are to work together edify one another and ABOVE ALL LOVE ONE ANOTHER. FEW LEARN THAT LESSON. I HAVE come to understand that one VERY WELL> BUT TO GIVE UP ONES LIFE SO ANOTHER ONE CAN HAVE LIFE????????? well I AM SORRY BUT I AM NOT so SURE I COULD DO THAT >> REASON AS A woman I never JOINED OR WOULD NEVER GET INTO A BAATTLE OF A WAR WITH WEAPONS UNLESS IT IS TO PROTECT MY OWN HUSBAND KYDS >>> AND THAT IS WHAT AMERICAN MEN HAVE DONE SINCE WHEN> AND AMERICANS ARE MADE UP OF ALL PEOPLES AND TONGUES!!!!!!!!!!! so here comes POLITICS!!!!! WE ARE THE melting pot of the world. BECAUSE OF OUR LAND THAT YES FOREIGNERS AND IS THE AMERICAN IDIAN A FOREIGNERIN THIS LAND WE CALL AMERICA?? NO!!!!!! WOULD SAY SOME!!! I SAY YES> AND NO> BECAUSE AGAIN ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES ALL MANKIND INTIALLY CAME FROM THE MIDDLE EAST BEFORE THE LAND WAS ACTUALLY DIVIDED >> FOR ALL MANKIND HAD TO HAVE COME FROM SOMEWHERE> AND YOU CANNOT GET SOMETHING FROM NOTHING> AND WHAT THAT SOMETHING IS I CALL GOD!!!! and GOD IN the BOOK calls us gods.. so now what MEL!!!!!!!! WE ALL ARE spirit beings. we have a BOOK THAT IT HAS BEEN WRITTEN SAID AND DONE THE LORD < had a BOOK OF REMEMBERANCE WRITEN FOR ALL THAT FEAR the LORD and MEDITATE ON HIS NAME> this BOOK was written before me you , my parents or yours my grandparents or yours. all the way back to whom it is said to have written the first Fibve books. MOSES???? and after the first FIVE we have a BOOK called BY A MANS NAME. Joshua (Hoshea) =Jehovah is Salvation.
THIS is why I do not argue about the WORD OF GOD!!!! I just speak what I KNOW OF THAT word as I UNDERSTAND THE word to BE > and EVERYTHING I CAN KNOW ABOUT THE WORD!!!!!!!!!! tells me that the BOOK is A BOOK TO IVE BY FAITH> and that FAITH IS within . and THE ONLY EXPLAINATION FOR MY FAITH I HAVE> goes all the way back ... and I mean way back. because REMEMBERANCE IS EXACTLY what MY SEEKING THE KINGDOM OF GOD HAS DONE!!!!!!!!! and THIS is what was is and has already been written. IN THAT BOOK so many DENY DO NOT READ AND DO NOT AGREE with nor care to UNDERSTAND> SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!as I said there is way to much I could say and tell you why I believe IN A CREATOR GOD ALMIGHTY> BUT when it comes right down to it I CANNOT MAKE YOU OR ANYONE believe what I ALREADY KNOW>

which is this. I CANNOT BE A LORD over YOU NOR should you or can YOU BE LORD OVER me. BUT IF ONLY AALL men and woman could come to LOVE ECH other TO JUST SHARE AND EDIFY and DO what GOD HAS said DO NOT MURDER> people do every day. in many ways. DO NOT STEAL well this to many do in many ways. DO NOT BARE FALSE witness lie willingly abot anything BUT YET IF WE DID NOT HAVE AND KNOW what SIN WAS WE you would think we would not do it HUH? YET WE ALL HAVE> BECAUSE we have ALL LIED> AT ONE time or another BUT WE ALLM HAVE been DISOBEDIENT CHILDREN OF who>> OUR PARENTS!!! AND who WERE OUR PARENTS?? who were THEIRS, AND THEIRS AND THEIRS AND THEIRS AND THEIRS AND THEIRS HOW FAR BACK do you want to go to get to the fIRST PARENTS of ALL MEN AND WOMAN. do you now see MY POINT ABOUT AGRUEING ABOUT SCRIPTURE AND h just telling what and has been written for US ALL NOT Just for me or you but for ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
GEESH!!!!!!! I GIVE UP AND I CANNOT do this anymore. and I BET YOU ARE so GLAD> TO HEAR THAT HUH???

well to be truthful so am I>>> why???????? because I CAN AT LEAST JUST be ME AND TO _______ with it all BECAUSE IF there is no HEAVEN AND NO RESURRECTION AND NO GOD ALMIGHTY THEN WE ALL ARE SUNK ANYWAY AND I WILL be NOTHING AT ALL AND I HAVE NO SPIRIT NO SOUL AND I AM ALEADY DEAD and will be so forever and ever and so what is all this life al about then ALL JUST TO be born to suffer all this crap for nothing sorry!!!!!!!!!!! NO.. MY FAITH IS FAITH> AND I KNOW WHERE MY FAITH CAME FROM> IT CAME FROM ALL THAT I AM EVER WAS AND ALL I EVER WILL BE WHATEVER I WILL BE when NONE see me anymore. and when I die and when you die then we both will know where and what was is and will be TRUTH HUH>

NO BODY SEEMS TO WANT ANY REAL truth of anything all they want is what THEY CAN HAVE now. NO HOPE for tomorrow. JUST do your own thing and to hell with everyone and everybody.. ya right well I was not raised to not care and treat people decently and think i was better then anyone else. BUT I WAAS TAUGHT TO DO what was RIGHT AND GOOD TO DO> AND I HAVE NOT ALWAYS done that either. BUT I ALSO KNOW forgiveness is GIVEN. if not from anyone else I have it from THAT THAT KNOWS ME AND MY HEART. I believe that that is what YOU HAD said also. IN ESSENCE. SO MEL!!!! you tell me what does any of our lives come down to???? and what is life for us here worth . anything at all??? I am having a really bad dAY TODAY SO IF i SOUND ANGRY i AM. IS i AM UPSET i AM. i AM ALL THAT AND hurt TOO SO just TAKE IT AS A GRAIN OF SALT AND DROP IT ON WHATEVER . i REALLY DO NOT CARE. but hey!!!! THIS TOO SHALL PASS. IT ALWAYS HAS. BEFORE. we ALL BEEN THERE SO YOU SEE mel ARE WE ALL SO DIFFERENT NO NOT REALLY. yet we were made DIFFERENT FOR A REASON . or WE WOULD ALL BE MEN OR ALL WOMAN if IT MADE NO MATTER AT ALL AND IT HAD NO MEANING OR REASON AT ALL .. SO AS ignorant as we are AND having no real truth about anything . how did we as MANKIND EVER create anything at all if it WAS just us???????? impossible for none of us are that wise or have the capacity to have created this planet or all that has been and is .. do YOU SEE my point????? MAYBE NOT AND MAYBE YOU DO.. AND DOES IT REALLY MATTER . in the end i SUPPOSE NOT. because WHEN i AM GONE YOU MAY STILL BE HERE IF YOU ARE GONE i MAY STILL BE HERE. WHAT IF the really bigg one gets sent up into the air to land somewhere on this planet?? then we all might be doomed anyway> just be billions at once and slow agonizing deaths g for the rest> NOT MY CUP OF TEA THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I WOULD RATHER BELIEVE THAT THERE IS A GOD THAT IS BIGGER THEN US ALL AND IS IN CONTROL OF ALL he hs made . EVEN THOUGH WE STILL HAVE TO choose will we have faith and believe he can heal us FROM THE INSIDE OUT AND chnge us in our hearts AND minds or he cannot. i BELIEVE he can and does > BECAUSE he HAS DONE THIS WITH ME innso many ways AND and SOMETIMES i did not SEE THE MEANING OF THINGS UNTIL LATER when the manifestation of WHAT i dreamt or said or WAS SAID TO ME came to pass. what we say > can BE AND MEAN AND ACCOMPLISH MANY THINGS. IT DEPENDS ON THE FAITH WE HAVE TO BELIEVE IN WHAT WE HAVE SAID YET I HAVE SAID THINGS THAT i DID NOT REALIZE WHAT IT WOULD DO ACCOMPLISH OR MEANING IN IT ALL . SO WHEN IT COMES TO god>> i only know WHAT i know ABOUT WHAT HAS BEEN SAID , DONE , AND WHAT i have proof of. and it all takes me right back to THE book of books AND revelation of jesus christ> AND WHO i am in him> AND who you are in him AND WHO we all are in him. so now you tell me who is the him !!!!!!!!!!! that we all are of?????? if it is not a surprem all knowing all everywhere at once all and in all spirit!!!!!! OF WHAT ???????????

what DO you call that him> i can onlY call him HEAVENLY FATHER GOD> creator of all things> made>>i CAN CALL HIM JESUS< LORD< ABBA FATHER, JEHOVAH WONDERFUL COUNSELOR< PROTECTOR< AWSOME< MAGNIFICENT< DO I BELIEVE IN A SURPREME BEING THAT CREATED MAN>>> YES!!!!!!!!! AND THAT is all I NEED TO KNOW AND BELIEVE. why?? well I could tell you that too . BUT I really think I have said more then enough .. EXCEPT for one more thing ..

I AM NOT PERFECT AND NEITHER ARE YOU.. and we both already know that or should ..

melikio wrote:
No, it [keeping one's sexual preference or orientation] DOES NOT necessarily indicate that a person is a prisoner of "sin"; that is just some BS that you wish to conveniently place upon another, to rationalize what you believe is "right".
Suzanne, THAT is a comment about what you said; you have a right to disagree with MY OPINION, but no... I did not intend to imply that you actually agree with or said what I did.

I KNOW we disagree, and that is what I believe my original statement indicated.
have I put you down for admitting to me as being a homosexual??
Suzanne, I didn't claim that you intended to put me down. Still, that doesn't mean that the meaning of your biblical interpretations are NOT effective as a putdown. The effect is the same, despite the intent.
NO! have I told you a truth that the WRITTEN WORD OF GOD does not CONDONE THIS ACT OF SEXUALITY?

Of course you have SAID that; but it does not mean that I will interpret the Bible as YOU do.
YES! IN truth In the OLD testament and In the NEW TESTAMENT it is SAID TO be an ABOMINATION TO THE LORD THY GOD!

Again, I will not try to tell Christians how to interpret the Bible; those arguments never end. But I will ALWAYS advocate for the right of homosexual people to be treated fairly by God's grace. Don't expect us to stop seeking that.
NOW if you choose to call me a liar and not believe what has already been written and ordained as being an ABOMINATION TO GOD ALMIGHTY MY LORD AND YOURS> whether you like the truth or not it is no less then the truth that is written has been written and is the WORD OF OUR LORD GOD CREATOR whether you agree or not.

Look; IF the interpretation you have it THE ONE TRUE interpretation and text, then SO BE IT. Even so, if I cannot or will not believe it as you lay it out there; there is a limit that YOU must accept; I know I have a limit to what I can or will believe of what you say (for many reasons I have already discussed with you here).
I cannot help it if OUR CREATOR GOD HEAVENLY FATHER DOES NOT APPROVE OF MAN TO MAN OR WOMAN TO WOMAN SEXUAL ACTS.

That is again YOUR view and opinion of what the Bible and other interpretation of the same have told YOU. I cannot help it if you cannot accept the view I possess as a human being.
that is not my problem but the problem of all those that DISREGARD the truth of this SITUATION ACT OF SODOMY and DISOBEDIENCE TO what GOD HAS ALREADY IS AGAINST.

You have THIS much to say about it, and it not YOUR problem? YOu seem to MAKE it your problem (as many Christians do).
and has said is AN ABOMINATION IT IS ABOMNIBLE TO HIM not to mention to we who know what OUR LORD GOD HAS ALREADY said about this act...
The Bible says some things about homosexuality, and not nearly as much as it does about many other things. There are many abominations we can toss around in discussion, and they willl vary dependent upon one's interpretation of Scripture.

People DO NOT and never have believed in the Bible in the exact... same... way/s.
NOW I DO NOT HATE YOU for being a homosexual YET I NEITHER WILL CONDONE IT AS AN ACT TO BE PRACTICED. ok?
I sensed that YOU don't intend to be hateful, but I can say that the effect of much you have said is far from inviting.
WHY?? because it can and does cause many problems for not only the ONE DOING the act and the person that is CONDONING IT BY BEING AA PARTAKER ALSO IN THE ACT. but it causes DESEASES.

Unbridled hedonism and irresponsibile human beings can make a mess of ANY GIFT they possess. Heterosexuals are not exempt from the very problems you attribute to homosexuals.
HURT AND PAIN FOR the PARENTS of the one that COMES OUT AND ADMITS TO SUCH . AND in OLDER TIMES IT WAS AN EMBARRESMENT AND A BLIGHT ON THE PARENTS and CAUSED the parents much embarresment and heartbreak because the parents were just as with a OUT OF WEDLOCK PREGNACY WAS LOOKED ON AS something of SHAME FOR THE PARENTS.
I would not BLAME my parents, and only a very STUPID person would see my parents as being "responsible" for my sexual-orientation. I know some people need to place BLAME to make sense of things, but sometimes only GOD HIMSELF knows the 100% true answer to any given situation; just a fact of life.
I must say and do say that this is not GIVING HONOR TO GOD NOR THE EARTHLY MOTHER AND FATHER THAT GOD HAS had the Son or daughter being birthed into this world by/// OR have you forgotten the THOU SHALT honor thy mother and father. Of the ten commandments.
Look, I take care of my parents, and there is much HONOR from all of my siblings as well. My homosexuality has not been placed upon them as shame. They had no control over what happened to me, their son, as it pertains to my sexual orientation. It is relaly stupid to suggest that they did. I remember that they set the best of examples in love, respect for one another, and my father did all he could to affect me so that I could become a man. And let me tell you, there may be heterosexual men who THINK they are more of a man than me, but that is their own folly.
I guess no love lost on this commandment huh??

That commandment has nothing to do with what is being discussed here; I know you think it does, but I don't believe it does.
let along disregarding the SIN of IMMORAL AND UNNATURAL sexual practices IGNORING THIS ... and FORGOING what Godhad already ordained as right and good and righteous as to sexual activity between a husband and a wife meaning man and woman.
You have NO CLUE, what I've gone to God about and discussed in many prayers; and I could prove any of that to you here (even if I tried). So, this is where some things are left to interaction between God and the individual. I DON'T tell you how you should be viewing the DIVORCE you had (now do I)? That's between you, that person you were married to, and God Himself. But be certain, that I SURELY COULD find some sets of biblical verses, and stand poised to RIP you a new one (if that were my goal or perceived calling). Still, I don't think it's my place to make judgements about that period. There are way too many people, who think it is their primary CALLING to set "homosexuals" straight; HYPOCRITES!!!
You can sit here and tell me how THIS is an ok act and that you cannot help yourself because you are just a homosexual all you want to but it is still not what GOD had planned nor had ordained for any man or woman period.

I didn't even say that is was "ok". I basically advocated that it is NOT OK for you and others to bear down upon homosexuals as you often do. There are many offenses that are ignored (by comparison), and it really does end up making many Christians into massive hypocrites (overall).
I believe that YOU and others can abstain from sexual activity with the same sex if they choose to do so. and this is CMMENDABLE AT BEST.

But what happens, is that an amazing amount of pressure is laid upon homosexuals by others, to regard what you claim above. And all too often, so much "perfection" is expected in that area, that there is likely no way anyone can deliver upon the very DEMANDS (or expectations) many Christians often make.
but to be DEPRIVED OF A NATURAL ORDAINED OF GOD RELATIONSHP with a woman and NOT TRUST IN THE LORD GOD TO change your heart and mind and GIVING YOU A NEW DIRECTION and a new inner change is also very unwise.

What is a HOMOSEXUAL MAN, going to do in a relationship with a WOMAN? (You tell me?) I have been in such relationships... I hardly even wanted to KISS women. Can you EXPLAIN THAT?! (Really?)
yet if you have no faith that GOD can do this for you then of course it cannot and will not be so or accomplished. FOR IF one has no faith in what GOD CAN DO for us then WE CANNOT PLEASE GOD.

You either have not read what I've pointed out in the many previous posts, or you just think that others should comply with what you "believe" to be true. I did not exagerrate the REALITY that I spent literal DECADES trying to be interested in women. (IT DID NOT WORK.) Is it that you don't think homosexual-orientations actually exist? (They certainly do; and I had to learn it the LONG/HARD way.)
Now of course this is just what I believe ok.
And that is why you should likely NEVER ride the back of a homosexual person, using YOUR biblical interpretation of what they are or are about. You end up painting a terribly inaccurate picture of reality. I cannot deny what you have faith to believe, I can only tell you that I do not have the same faith which you possess.
but then I believe it because of MY FAITH IN GOD .

You have lived a completely different life from mine. I'm cannot question what your FAITH is about. My guesses and actual understanding of that would be TERRIBLE; and I KNOW that. And so it goes with what you THINK you know about my struggles as a Christian (who happens to be a homosexual person).
I CANNOT DENY my father whom is in heaven any more then any other CHRISTIN CAN if they KNOW the truth He has ALREADY HAD written OF HIMSELF US AND THE HISTORY OF ALL THAT HAS EVER BEEN MADE AND IS MADE.. I believe that the PROVERB IS A TRUTH.
Again, many of us believe and interpret the Bible (and life itself) in many different ways; there is NO GETTING AROUND THAT. That is why at some point/s, you just leave people to what either God or fate has to offer them. You cannot be worried about everything, nor can you control what's inside of them (even if you want to see them fixed, delivered, repaired, converted...whatever). There are real limits to the actual "autonomy" of any human being (including "Christians"); some things must be left to God to do period.
And may God forgive my UNBELIEF. Not ALL of us have been so blessed or fortunate, to have "faith" remain as intact as others. And across the entire spectra of human hearts which likely exists, the varied degrees of belief and unbelief are something that is God's and God's alone to actually fathom.

Maybe there are a LOT of FOOLS; even so I believe God can reach any fool He wants to reach; He has the power and love to find a way.
WELL I ain't no fool I may be many things . BUT to believe this is beyond what I can say.
I never saw you as a fool; even if I might imagine you can be stubborn. Still, I really don't know you; I'm sure God sees a perfect picture of who/what you are. I'm content with that.
BECAUSE I WILL NOT AND CANNOT deny GOD...

Sounds strong, encouraging and good. I've said things like that myself.
YOU ask then what about JESUS ??? IS he RISEN?? IS HE THE CHRIST???
Why wouldn't He turn me into a "HETEROSEXUAL", if I wanted it so much?
I know you can't answer that really; but that is a REAL and HEARTFELT inquiry from a person who has searched and struggled as I have. Again I tell you, you cannot begin to fathom what the struggling homosexual actually goes through (only God knows, and many more "Christians" need to accept that in the peace only God can grant them). You see, NOT riding the backs of "homosexuals", takes a LOT of faith for some people. IF God counts falling SPARROWS, then He knows the intricasies and nuances of the hearts and minds of homosexual people (many Christians have proved that they do not have a clue).
WAS HE AND IS HE A REAL PRESENCE???

I have always related to Jesus; His examples of love are the only real interest I've had in religion and Christianity.
IN my heart HE IS . just as HE IS IN MANY THAT have BELIEVED IN GOD the FATHER, THE WORD, and THE HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM.
Again, I cannot doubt nor verify what you claim here.
I can imagine there are many reasons people would just NOT REVEAL who they really are. ONE IS A CRIMINAL RECORD. THAT they are fearful of having being found out about.
Do you actually understand why most homosexuals in American societywould keep their sexual-oeirentation secret? (Don't imagine that you understand; learn the REAL REASONS.)
AGAIN there it is again HAVING NO FAITH AND BEING FEARFUL of what another or people may think or say or do.

I would question your wisdom, if you told me that you don't know the REAL RISKS or hazards of revealing one's sexual-orientation (if one is not a standard heterosexual).

When was the last time you saw 1 or 100 Sunday testimonials, where people felt comfortable enough to admit they were "homosexual"? I spent the majority of my life in church, and did not EVER see that (not that I didn't want to see it, or give it). I knew how people tought about and treated homosexuals, so there was little logic in subjecting myself and any homophobic group of Chrsitians to that. Still, I believe that aspect needs to change.
OF course another incident could cause another jail or prison term IF the one that was already guilty once was NOT CHANGED INWARDLY to help him to stay clean so to speak. ALREADY HAD that expierence also WITH an ex son-in-law. after having the best opportunity he could have ever had a family a son and a wife that wouldlove him and be with him forever.

Homosexuals aren't CRIMINALS (unless they've commited an actual crime).
WELL WARNINGS AND GIVING LOVE TO HIM WAS NOT ENOUGH. after a LIFE OF IN AND OUT OF JAILS AND PRISONS HE AGAIN BROKE THE LAW. AFTER TWO YEARS BACK with a warning again and you are outa here. WELL AFTER TWO YEARS PROBATION DONE AND GONE AND TWO YEARS OF PRISON UNDER HIS BELT AGAIN he stole from me OF ALL PEOPLE who ACTUALLY LOVED HIM THE MOST!!! and HE knew it.WELL I AM NOT ONE TO GO BACK ON MY WORD when I had warned him. of the consequences.
You aren't God. And I understand the limitations of what you had to do for your own family. Your son-in-law is not me (or every other homosexual); I understand your concern and frustration about the people who happen to be.
I DID HAVE my daughter and NOW MY GRANDSON to consider.

Of course. From this distance, I can't second guess a thing yo had to do. I'm actually closer to God, than I am to you nevertheless.
IT make me cry today because of what HE LET go of yet some things and some people you cannot help them . DO I PRAY FOR HIM YES. DO I WANT HIM BACK IN MY GRANDSONS LIFE NO.
I've cried more than I can remember too. Nothing has been easy period.
HE is a bad influence on him this has been already proven to be so because he has not changed and may never change his attitude or his way of talking and being CRUDE and HAVE IT MY WAY and have what I want no matter what the cost. EVEN if it means taking it from someone or a store of choice.

I don't know what your son-in-law has as a problem. I'm sure there is something inside of him that I'd not understand, even if I knew him personally. Only God can FIX people like that (or any of us).
THERE is always the hope that HE CAN and will be changed and someday He and my GRANDSON CAN AT LEAST make amends with each other. BUT THIS TOO IS IN THE HANDS OF GOD just where I HAVE PLACED THIS EX SON IN LAW. I CRY OVER HIM YET. BUT tears come and tears go but my hope and faith that GOD CAN DO what none of us can.. does prevail within my heart and soul.
Again, I've seen sadness that I certainly DID NOT ask for myself. Even if I can't prove that to YOU, I have to tell you that is what I understand as being true.
HAVE YOU EVER given it any thought that GOD CHASTIZES US ALL FOR OUR DISOBEDIENCE TO what HE HIMSELF HAS ALREADY ORDAINED TO BE A MORAL AND NATURAL ACT OF SEXUAL ACTIVITY that is meant for A HUSBAND AND WIFE MALE AND FEMALE NOT TWO OF THE SAME SEX.

I considered this seriously for most of my life. I don't think I know exactly how God handles every given situation in every life. I don't know where His grace takes some (in this life) and not others. I know that most people do not CHOOSE their sexual-orientation (even if being homosexual, is somehow a sin). As far as sexual acts, I think that if God didn't punish anyone for it at all, there would be plenty of "Christians" to step in and dish out more than enough punishment; that's how things seem to me anyway. Much of the CRUELTY I've seen directed AT homosexual people, is easy to see DOES NOT come from a loving God.
CONSIDERING THAT He uses people for this CHASTIZING AND CRRECTION then would it not be safe and right to say that PEOPLE THAT CORRECT A HOMOSEXUAL BY TELLING THEM IT IS AN ABOMINATION THEIR GOD IS WHAT HE WILL USE AND DO??????? WE AS CHRISTIAANS ARE TO ADMONISH ONE ANOTHER CORRECTING AND GIVING GUIDENCE TO EACH OTHER> ABOUT OUR EVIL AND SINFUL WAYS.. JUST AS I DID with the SITUATION ABOVE with the S-I-L BUT TO NO AVAIL.
Suzanne, some people are just JERKS, wearing Bible-like veneer; not God's holy messengers. It is really going to take more than some words coming out of people's mouths, to make sense to a homosexual person who has suffered at the hands/mouths of those same people.

If the light doesn't shine directly into/through the person in NEED, then there will be little of meaning actually COMMUNICATED.
why? DID HE NOT LISTEN > to what he was being told .
You may never know the full, exact reasons.
NOT wanting to believe that I and My daughter meant what we said.

Only God really knows.
He had lived his life by getting away with this in and out and people taking him back and never really showing him his losses.. the biggest porblem with him was HE NEVER HAD MANY IF ANY WINS!!!!! most were all losses I KNEW THIS from the first few times I talked to him . and later found I was right. all along. HE HAD not a good home life by any sense of the word. therefore he was already in a spin of a downhill road and was taking my grandson on that same road. if something did not change TRIED it did not work why?? because HE DID NOT BELIEVE IN the words that were being given to him to believe in. why? because HE was never able to believe anyone as to LOVING HIM AND REALLY CAREING FOR HIM .. NO FAITH!!! IN GOD. and NO FAITH IN THE WORDS being VOWED and spoken to him. so where is he today? WE ARE NOT CERTAIN. anyway I am not .
That is the way it is with HUMAN beings. Love always makes sense to me, trying to read God's mind or will, never really made any sense to me. That people can reject even good advice, is a massively complex concept to consider. Why do people act the way they do? Who really knows? Why do people do what they do? (I don't know.)

I DO believe in the essence of Jesus' message, and see amazing amounts of hope in the LOVE He showed this world (in what He said, and what he sacrificed for all).

Why do I believe (at all)? Not because someone said (repeated) some biblical words from a BOOK to me, but because I could actually relate to what Jesus did (love). Love makes sense to me, and so Jesus subsequently did as well (go figure).
I do not believe that anyone should beat up and injure with LIFE THREATENING INJURIES or murder a homosexual or a lesbian.

Me neither.
BUT neither do I believe that anyone has to condon their SEXUAAL ACTIVITIES THEY ARE PARTAKING IN AND ACTUALLY PRACTICING AS IN MARRIAGE!!! OR LIVING WITH ONE ANOTHER !!! OR HAVING THEIR URGES MET BY HAVING SEX WITH THE SAME SEX.

Ok. But you DO NOT and should not have the power to influence and control that part of who they are as human beings. You don't nave to condone anything at all; but you can't get in the way of their sexual expression, if it's not victimizing anyone in any real way. Your "faith" may not allow you to see it as right/good, but there are limits to what you can affect directly in the lives of other human beings.
IF THEY CAN ABSTAIN FROM SEX I GUESS THAT IS MORE POWER TO THEM THEN

They may or may not (abstain); just like heterosexual folks. Still, I see a lot "lighter" weight placed upon heterosexual-sinners than those who are homosexual.
BUT I personally would prefer they find a companion and someone they could have as a mate to have this SEXUAAL URGE satisfied gods way..

I'm sure before you even THOUGHT to consider what you "prefer", there have been billions (like myself), who have pleaded with God to simply CHANGE or TAKE AWAY their homosexual-orientation. Then there are the likely billions of people (like myself) who struggled to see the CHANGE that never came.

What could you really demand of a person who has endured in that way? In my view, I think only God can pass the proper judgement upon someone who is homosexual; others can only GUESS abut what's really going on inside.
BUT who am i but just a CHRISTIAN THAT would also like all to be blessed with LOVE THT was IN GODS will and way. and believe me that is far from the way it is for most. it is shown in the marriages that fail.

-Mel-

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Re:

Post #189

Post by boatsnguitars »

McCulloch wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:27 am Much as I think that I agree with your conclusions and share your frustration with the debate on these types of topics, I have to state that I believe that your question is somewhat biased.

In the Bible, there is an apparent disapproval of homosexuality. Christians can and do argue about the scope, intent and meaning of this disapproval. But it is there in a few passages. Given that prima facie evidence, it is quite fair to call for biblical evidence to support the approval of such practices.

So, I think that your question would be better phrased as, "Are there other examples of behaviors that are apparently disapproved of in the Bible and that the writers of the Bible do not promote, condone, or celebrate that Christians typically do not condemn?"

Three examples come to mind:
  1. Sex during menstruation.
    Leviticus 20 wrote:If there is a man who lies with a menstruous woman and uncovers her nakedness, he has laid bare her flow, and she has exposed the flow of her blood; thus both of them shall be cut off from among their people.
  2. Mixing cattle breeds, mixed seed sewing and mixed fibers.
    Levitucus 19 wrote:You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together.
  3. Wrong length of hair
    Paul, called as an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, to the church of God which is at Corinth wrote:Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him, but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? For her hair is given to her for a covering.
To me, the bold is the problem: The Bible isn't clear. This is objectively true, and Christians debate over the intentions of the ancient writers - but meanwhile, lives are destroyed in the wake of the Christians who decide, for example, that the order to kill gay people or witches, is literal and for them in this time. The Bible - unfortunately - doesn't give clear guidance to those people who would interpret it.

This is the best evidence that the Bible isn't a divine document in any way. One can't claim God does and doesn't want gay people killed, and then when someone kills a gay person, say, "oh, well, that's clearly wrong..."

The mass of people who have been tortured and killed by Religious texts is truly horrifying, meanwhile, Christians continue to debate, God continues to stay silent, and we watch the world carry o - stumbling like a bunch of Apes in a Space Station - trying to figure everything out.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

onewithhim
Savant

Re: When the Bible does not promote or condone, then what?

Post #190

Post by onewithhim »

micatala wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:56 am This thread is prompted by the often-made statement.
I have asked you to provide any evidence "from the Bible" (since you have offered that you are a priest), where sodomy/perderasty-homosexuality-Gay, is celebrated, supported, condoned, promoted, or preached as acceptable, anywhere in the New Testament
The implication is that, since the Bible nowhere promotes, condones, or 'celebrates' homosexuality, this is further indication it should be condemned.

Question for debate:

Is this a valid conclusion?

Are there other examples of behaviors, views, etc. that are not promoted, condoned, or celebrated in the Bible, but that Christians typically do not condemn?
Homosexuality today is getting more and more acceptable to self-described Christians. Even though the Bible plainly speaks against it.

"When a man lies down with a male the same as one lies down with a woman, both of them have done a detestable thing." (Leviticus 20:13)

"God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene." (Romans 1:26,27)

"What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God's kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, ...nor men who lie with men...will inherit God's kingdom." (I Corinthians 6:9,10)

(Persons lawless and unruly)..".Fornicators, men who lie with males, kidnappers, liars, ...and whatever other thing is in opposition to the healthful teaching." (I Timothy 1:9,10)