Is there ANY scientific evidence could show there is no God?

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Danmark
Site Supporter

Is there ANY scientific evidence could show there is no God?

Post #1

Post by Danmark »

Is there any scientific evidence that, if discovered, would prove to a Christian that the God of the Bible is man made and does not correspond to reality? In other words, is there anything you can imagine that would demonstrate there is no God?

Many Christian apologists appeal to science to support their belief in the Christian God; however, I suggest those apologists do not actually accept any scientific evidence that might suggest this 'God Story' is a hoax. I would like to test this hypothesis by asking if there is anything science could report that would convince believers in the God of the Bible that the Biblical claims about God are false?

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Re: Is there ANY scientific evidence could show there is no

Post #161

Post by For_The_Kingdom »

DeMotts wrote: So if you dispassionately analyzed all the cultural factors involved in the creation and maintenance of your religion, and saw how similar it was to other religions that you yourself are declaring man-made, you would begin to see our point.

The bottom line is you believe in something that is incredibly similar to other things that you declare utter nonsense. We are simply taking the category that you have created (nonsense religions made up by humans) and including 1 more.
We can squash all of this irrelevancy (with all due respect) by asking this one, simple, fundamental question..

Can Christianity be true, while other religions are false? Yes/No.

If the answer is yes (which it is), then that is all that matters. It doesn't matter who else created what other religions.
DeMotts wrote: It is absolutely preposterous that the Incan god Viracocha created the heavens and earth, and mankind by breathing into stones, and then destroyed the world with a flood as it displeased him. That is ridiculous.

I agree.

DeMotts wrote:
Clearly the Hebrew war god Yahweh created the heavens and earth, and made mankind out of dirt and then destroyed the world with a flood. Obviously this is correct and the other explanation is completely made up rubbish.

Oh and they both walked on water BUT ONLY ONE REALLY DID IT AND IT WAS JESUS

Ask yourself a simple question: why is one of these true and not the other?
LOL. Ok, so imagine a magician came to you and began to dazzle you with dark magic. He is performing tricks and feats, ones of which defies the laws of nature. He actually has supernatural powers, and he begins to demonstrate these powers before you. Heck, he is even creating live, human beings before you. His power is that great.

Got it? Now, compare that to the idea that inanimate dirt on the ground, slowly, on its own accord, began to take the shape/form of human beings...and other matter (such as brain matter, cartilage, muscles, etc)...also was taking these forms within the newly shaped dirt of human beings. Eyes began to naturally develop into the slowly shaped skull that was also being mysteriously configured.

To make a "long" story short, all of this configuration is occurring on its own...no intelligent design (no intellectual causal agent). It is all happening naturally.

And not only is that, but this newly configured "configuration" after an X amount of time, begins to become self-aware of its..self. It begins to think..and not only does it begin to think, but it begins to speak to other newly configured "human beings".

That is pretty much naturalism in a nut shell. I will take my chances on the magician...as it just strikes me, a common sensical human being, as the more logical of the only two options of the entire matter.

It is my personal belief/opinion that every rational human being on this earth should be a theist. I don't care WHAT kind of theist you are, but you should be a theist in some capacity...based on the irrationality of the previously mentioned alternative.

But hey.

William
Savant

Post #162

Post by William »

[Replying to post 161 by For_The_Kingdom]
NO.

William
Savant

Post #163

Post by William »

That is pretty much naturalism in a nut shell. I will take my chances on the magician...as it just strikes me, a common sensical human being, as the more logical of the only two options of the entire matter.

It is my personal belief/opinion that every rational human being on this earth should be a theist. I don't care WHAT kind of theist you are, but you should be a theist in some capacity...based on the irrationality of the previously mentioned alternative.
The same question I asked you in another thread you fled...still applies.

viewtopic.php?p=928852#928852

Clownboat
Savant

Post #164

Post by Clownboat »

If the answer is yes (which it is), then that is all that matters. It doesn't matter who else created what other religions.
We have established via agreement (not factually) that religions are man made.
You might as well be asking if Star Wars can be true while Star Trek is false.

Movies, like religions are man made, and when we leave your god concepts off of the table, you agree with me. I must assume your attachment to your religion and threats of separation make this difficult to follow to its logical conclusion when applied to not just all religions, but all religions, including yours.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

DeMotts
Scholar

Post #165

Post by DeMotts »

LOL. Ok, so imagine a magician came to you and began to dazzle you with dark magic. He is performing tricks and feats, ones of which defies the laws of nature. He actually has supernatural powers, and he begins to demonstrate these powers before you. Heck, he is even creating live, human beings before you. His power is that great.
If I saw a magician create live human beings in front of me using dark magic then I would probably believe in all sorts of things. I'd believe in magicians, I'd believe in dark magic, I'd believe it's possible to create live human beings. I assume that to hold your beliefs you have actually witnessed a dark wizard create humans in front of you? What was it like to see this? Where did you see it? Did it take him a long time to make them? Did he make them one at a time or did he do a bunch in one shot, like baking muffins? Did you have to hold his books or robe or anything while he did it? I've never witnessed anything like this so you'll have to forgive me. But since this is the standard of proof you've presented, you must have seen it right?
Got it? Now, compare that to the idea that inanimate dirt on the ground, slowly, on its own accord, began to take the shape/form of human beings...and other matter (such as brain matter, cartilage, muscles, etc)...also was taking these forms within the newly shaped dirt of human beings. Eyes began to naturally develop into the slowly shaped skull that was also being mysteriously configured.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/hominids.html

What do you think when you look at this? What do you think when you see fossilized evidence of homo sapiens evolving from more primitive hominids?
I will take my chances on the magician...as it just strikes me, a common sensical human being, as the more logical of the only two options of the entire matter.
What other things do you attribute to magic? Do you think that believing in magic is preferable to figuring out how things work? Is a nuclear reaction magic? Are vaccines magic?

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Post #166

Post by For_The_Kingdom »

William wrote: [Replying to post 161 by For_The_Kingdom]
NO.
Moderator removed one-line, non-contributing post. Kindly refrain from making posts that contribute nothing to debate and/or simply express agreement / disagreement or make other frivolous remarks.

For complimenting or agreeing use the "Like" function or the MGP button. For anything else use PM.

DeMotts
Scholar

Post #167

Post by DeMotts »

[Replying to For_The_Kingdom]

Every time I post that picture of hominid skulls to a creationist in this forum they always stop replying. Do you have a response to my post or are you conceding the point?

Guy Threepwood
Sage

Post #168

Post by Guy Threepwood »

[Replying to post 167 by DeMotts]

So if we dig up the past and we do see similarities, shared traits, gaps, jumps, stasis, some vestigial features, dead ends and even some regressions.. but a general trend towards increased sophistication. What does this evidence suggest to you?

Still small
Apprentice

Post #169

Post by Still small »

DeMotts wrote: Every time I post that picture of hominid skulls to a creationist in this forum they always stop replying. Do you have a response to my post or are you conceding the point?
Would it be any different to me posting this image and asking you to list them in order of evolutionary descent?

Have a good day?
Still small

TSGracchus
Scholar

Post #170

Post by TSGracchus »

[Replying to post 169 by Still small]

Well, dogs have been subject to directed selection pver a geologically short time and are not all found in a line of descent. There are several still existent lines in that image and possibly no uncrossed genetic lines since the wolf. Still, they are all the same species, Canis lupus familiaris. If you don't know that, you are ignorant, and if you do know then you are ... disingenuous.

[-X