Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

The Tree of Life and the Seed of Abraham

Post #1

Post by Tart »

"The Tree of Life" is referenced many times in the Bible. There are references to trees throughout the Bible, and indeed this is what we see from nature all along. A seed sprouting into a tree, that IS life.

The entire Bible has reflection on this kind of natural order in life. The tree representing life itself. See for life was built on our families, it was built upon our ancestors. Where our roots are our fathers. Those same people who bore children. And in fact, we even see this with the patriarchates, the seeds that biult humanity...

Becuase that is literally what it is. Abraham, Issac, and Jacob, have a living line that gave population to the world. This is our father... our world is built upon seeds of men. And thats no surprise, because without seeds like Abraham, there would be no life.

And so the Bible reflects that. They say the seed of Abraham is like the root of the tree, and even use figurative speech like...

Warning to the seed of Abraham.
"9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire."(Matthew 3)

There is also references to Jesus in this manner "He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground." (Isaiah 53:2)

The references are many. And it paints this picture, of our fathers and there seed brought into life. That we are shoots led by Jesus. The "tender shoot"... And our life is built upon this...

Like in a literal sense too... See the Jews documented all there seeds. The have some of the most detailed documents of all time when they documented there genealogy... They also had some of the most detailed documents on the law, their societies, their wars, etc... And it was Israel that led our world from the Old Covenant. They did it right up to the prophecies Messiah, who goes before all of us, straight up.

Its just soo interesting studying the process, like in the first century. Its astonishing that the documents (the most detailed documents in the world) . The documents of our living ancestors who brought life to the world, were destroyed at exactly the same time the New Covenant, and this entire new line of documents started.... A new life line, on the tender shoot... This paints a picture of a tree of life. And now? Our most detailed documents of our life. Where our laws come from, our ethics, the temple and its cornerstone, these new documents can be traced all the way back from right now, to when the Temple of the Old Documents was destroyed, 70Ad..

It is really quite astonishing... This is destiny, and a fulfillment of life. The Tree of Life...

Sorry, there is no debate that i can see, just the way it is. (feel free to move this to random ramblings)

Unless anyone would like to discuss this parable of the tree

Tart
Banned
Banned

Re: The Tree of Life and the Seed of Abraham

Post #31

Post by Tart »

marco wrote:
Tart wrote:

I'm pretty sure the Koran was written by Muhammad... all alone, in a cave...
I don't really see why one should reject Muhammad, who testified to being the messenger of God; and accept Jesus, who proposed the same thing.

Do you understand why we should convict a murderer of murder, and let a falsely accused of murder free?

marco
Savant

Post #32

Post by marco »

Tart wrote:

a puxxled Marco wrote:
I don't really see why one should reject Muhammad, who testified to being the messenger of God; and accept Jesus, who proposed the same thing.
Tart wrote: Do you understand why we should convict a murderer of murder, and let a falsely accused of murder free?
Yes, I can understand the justice in this. Now, back to my question: why do we choose to believe Jesus and reject Muhammad, when they both claimed to be messengers from God? Is it guesswork?

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #33

Post by Tart »

marco wrote:
Tart wrote:

a puxxled Marco wrote:
Tart wrote: Do you understand why we should convict a murderer of murder, and let a falsely accused of murder free?
Yes, I can understand the justice in this. Now, back to my question: why do we choose to believe Jesus and reject Muhammad, when they both claimed to be messengers from God? Is it guesswork?
Of course not... It would be the same methodology that a jury could convict one person who might be accused of murder and testifies he is innocent, and let another person who is also accused of murder and testifies he is innocent go. They are both claiming the same thing (kind of like Jesus and Muhammad), yet one may be innocent and the other guilty...

Are you looking for the details for each specific case?

I believe in Christianity because I find the case for Christ compelling beyond doubt, and not so for Muhammad.

marco
Savant

Post #34

Post by marco »

Tart wrote:
I believe in Christianity because I find the case for Christ compelling beyond doubt, and not so for Muhammad.

Well it isn't compelling beyond doubt else we would not be having this discussion. Muhammad has more historical details to his claim whereas information about Christ is mainly eulogies. Did he raise dead people or walk on water? I wonder how anyone can be compelled to accept this, or that he rose from the dead and ascended into the sky where it was popularly supposed heaven was.