Contradictions & Inconsistencies

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Inigo Montoya
Guru

Contradictions & Inconsistencies

Post #1

Post by Inigo Montoya »

Grant, for the sake of this topic, there are no contradictions or inconsistencies in the Bible.

Given the above, are the claims made in the Bible any more or any less likely to be true?

FWI
Sage

Post #21

Post by FWI »

In a recent post by divine insight, he continued his comments related to: contradictions and inconsistencies in the bible.
divine insight wrote:For one thing, you can't pretend that Christianity represents "The Bible". It does not. In fact, it only represents a very belated twist and turn in the Biblical Saga. So you need to recognize that the people you think are "God's Family" would necessarily need to include the Jews, and all facets of Judaism. The Muslims, and all facets of Islam. As well as the Christians and all facets of Christianity.

The first error put forth seems to be making the assumption that I am a Christian (as he understands one), I am not. The second is related to the first: Just because I support the majority of the N.T. does not mean that I support all of Christianity's doctrines or supporting the O.T. means that I agree fully with Judaism. The third is claiming that the God Family must include: all facets of Judaism, Islam and Christianity. This is completely false and non-biblical. Hence, I am pretending nothing, it is those who misconstrue the intent of the bible that are.

My usage of the term: "the God Family" was related to the gaining of knowledge concerning the contradictions and inconsistencies in the bible or discerning between the truth and lies of the writings (see post 18). This knowledge can only come from: God and His only Begotten Son (the Christ). The truth is: there are only "two members" in the God Family, as of present day.

The simple definition of family is: individuals of the same nature. So, there are two types of family: spiritual (God and the Christ) and physical (humans). The human family was meant as a lesser model or type of the greater spiritual reality, which is God's Family. Thus, humankind "surely" has the opportunity to become members of this spiritual family, but this is not guaranteed nor realized now, as divine insight and others suggests.
divine insight wrote:And besides, if God is the creator of all humans then aren't all humans "Children of God"? Religion would have nothing to do with it.

The truth, which is shown in the bible, tells us that God or Elohim created Adam/Eve and the remainder of the human race (excluding the Christ) came to be by a male and female (human being) joining themselves together. However, this was not the case for the Christ. The Supreme Being gave a part of Himself (begotten), through non-physical contact to the mother of the Christ. This part is referred to as the divine nature. No other human being has this divine nature, thus no other human being is in the family of God…
divine insight wrote:If you need to claim that most people are "Children of Satan" then you have a polytheistic religion because Satan would need to be an "Evil God" in a religion that claims that some evil entity is in competition with the "Good God".

In the real world (spiritual and physical) there are many gods. Yet, only One Supreme Being or God. It is those who are confused on what a god is that can't grasp this reality. So, in simple terms a "god" is a powerful being and even certain humans can be classified as a "god." Thus, this concept is not polytheistic, but monolatrism: where the term "gods" do not relate to those who would be worshipped. But, are powerful beings who must answer to a higher authority (see 1 Cor. 8:4-6).
divine insight wrote:Face it, it's an ancient superstitious collection of tales that has no serious merit and cannot be made to work no matter how many apologetic arguments we try to throw at it.

No, the bible is not a collection of superstitious tales! It is a history book, which has been maligned by certain individuals to deceive the masses.

Willum
Savant

Post #22

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 21 by FWI]

Though Divine Insight is likely one of best minds the internet has to offer, that brilliance does not include mind-reading. If you support the fiction known as the New Testament, but are not Christian, you should make your position clear. However in reading your work, I don’t see any significant difference between your position and a typical Christian with their typically atypical beliefs.
For example the difference between one supreme unverifiable entity, God, and other lesser gods, and God and angels is not even one of semantics. Any episode of Supernatural has the same theory.

I think you should consider that, if so many people have so many perspectives of ultimate truth, it is very like people having many perspectives of the Sun: The majority of dissidents are just wrong.