Why doesn't the Devil show himself?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Willum
Savant

Post #1

Post by Willum »

So we have all heard the arguments on why God won't show himself and instantly convert the entire world to beneficence.

But what is preventing the Devil, Satan, Lucifer etc., from revealing himself with opposite intent?
He is not proscribed from doing so by any reason is he? and if he existed, he certainly, through the power of positive proof, lies, and any misconstrue, he would certainly be able to get people to believe anything in lines with his own goals...
why doesn't he?

Let's assume for purposes of the OP, that this creature, Satan, and his legion of fallen angels, exist.

Willum
Savant

Re: Why doesn't the Devil show himself?

Post #51

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 50 by shnarkle]

Your examples aren't back up by anything other than what you say - there is no logic I can agree with, there are no facts I can evaluate.
That is when you are making on-topic comments.

And no he does not, as there are no people with wings or other manifestations walking around.
There are not, period.

Oh wait, unless you can show me someone with wings, or other persistent manifestations.

polonius
Prodigy

Post #52

Post by polonius »

Overcomer posted regarding Satan
I think he doesn't reveal himself blatantly to some because he really doesn't want people to know he exists.
RESPONSE: Or he can't because he really doesn't exist. ;)

shnarkle
Guru

Post #53

Post by shnarkle »

Willum wrote: [Replying to post 50 by shnarkle]

Your examples aren't back up by anything other than what you say - there is no logic I can agree with, there are no facts I can evaluate.

That seems to be the case with most of your replies. You have pointd out that Satan uses deception, yet you also feel that Satan needs to be revealed according to your own fanciful imagination. I've used the texts themselves to point out that Satan is essentially no different than the ego or super ego which is revealed to quite a few people, yet no one would necessarily associate the two. A grand deception, yet I just revealed it. You claim that we need to see him flying around so I point out that there are people who have done exactly that. They even refer to the suits they wear as "winged'. They literally get dressed up like some super hero, and jump off mountains without a parachute and fly for miles all the way down to the ground. This is nothing less than godlike, and had they done something like this during the time these texts were written, people would have immediately assumed they were a god. This is what the texts indicate, e.g. they show that they are god. QED

I know this isn't going to match up to your high standards because you require some guy to appear wearing a red Spandex suit with horns on his head, and a birfurcated tail grasping a pitchfork. Yet any half rate magician could pull that off.

Willum
Savant

Post #54

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 53 by shnarkle]

Wow, it is so amazing that, what you assert about what I said, is not anything like I said.
Who acts like this? Oh, get behind me Satan!
That seems to be the case with most of your replies. You have pointed out that Satan uses deception, yet you also feel that Satan needs to be revealed according to your own fanciful imagination.
No, the point of the topic is that, if Satan revealed himself as a creature with wings, or that could do miracles, or demonstrated anything supernatural in a consistent way, that any and all rational people would believe what he said, because:
God doesn't show any contrary position, or indeed, won't.

Victory can be Satan's for the asking, because God wouldn't raise a contrary vote.