A new plane!

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

imhereforyou
Scholar

A new plane!

Post #1

Post by imhereforyou »

Louisiana televangelist Jesse Duplantis says he wants a new jet to serve Jesus Christ. The price tag? About $54 million, and he's asking supporters to donate. Link below.

He's not the only one - many do just type of thing - many citing biblical passages to support their 'need'.

What did God say about this?
What did Jesus say about this?
Can you be a Christian and ask for money from other Christians to buy your jets, Bentleys, Rolls'?
Or does the bible indicate you will be rewarded with riches on earth as well?

Or are all of these preachers/ministers/church leaders charlatans?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act ... 55b560846f

marco
Savant

Re: A new plane!

Post #11

Post by marco »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Jesus is a good example, he wasn't rich and didn't own his own house (or even have his own means of transport) but God heaped blessing upon blessing on him (Jesus).
Betrayed, maligned, spat upon, tortured, crucified.... such a heap of blessings! It would be interesting to try to illustrate in what way these are blessings in any sensible meaning of the word.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #12

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 11 by marco]

My mistake I should have said what we Jehovah's Witnesses consider SPIRITUAL blessings which is completely different from what most people would consider "blessings". Sometimes I forget our worldview is so different from the mainstream and I fail to be precise,

My bad,

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #13

Post by brianbbs67 »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote: God tells us if we follow him and His ways, He will heap blessing upon blessing on us. Until we have no place to store all the blessings.
And do you believe "blessings" equals "money"? Though a certain minimum of money is necessary to live the Jehovah's Witness view is that blessings are primarily spiritual and that a person can be materially poor but immensly blessed. Jesus is a good example, he wasn't rich and didn't own his own house (or even have his own means of transport) but God heaped blessing upon blessing on him (Jesus).

We don't read the word blessing to be synonymous with money.

JEHOVAHS WITNESS
NO, a blessing is anything that benefits you.(because all blessing is from God) That can be material or spiritual. We should strive for the spiritual, but sometimes they intersect. And that's when you pay it forward as they say these days. In other words, "freely give, as you have been freely given."