PetriFB
Banned
Banned

Marriage advice by the Bible!

Post #1

Post by PetriFB »

Jari Iivanainen has wrote very interesting article about marriage advice:

http://koti.phnet.fi/elohim/help_to_marriage

When a man or a woman find a spouse for themselves, they may marry thinking, that they will live "happily ever after". They may think, that nothing can disturb their happiness, and that their life together will be like sunshine every day without any clouds. They might also doubt that their relationship would have any serious problems, because everything has gone so well so far.

However, the fact is that we live in an imperfect and fallen world in which nothing is as it was when Adam and Eve lived together in paradise. In practise this imperfection means, that when people get together, they also bring to the marriage their own difficult personalities and especially their selfishness, which is a result of the Fall of man and certainly the biggest reason of homes breaking up these days. If we don't want to be freed from this selfishness, it can greatly harm the relationship.

In any case, through the following pages we are going to deal with this area especially in the light of the Bible. We are going to concentrate on those common mistakes and ways of doing things which we might be guilty of because we haven't seen them in ourselves, nobody has ever told us about them or because we have not understood them in the light of the Bible. If you notice any of the issues we are going to bring up in your own life, you can be freed from them; especially if you ask for God’s help.

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Moved to RR.

Please see Tips on starting a debate topic on how to start a debate thread.

PetriFB
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by PetriFB »

otseng wrote:Moved to RR.

Please see Tips on starting a debate topic on how to start a debate thread.
My apologise.........

mbl020980
Student

Post #4

Post by mbl020980 »

Good idea, dude! Let's see what kind of advice the bible give us on marriage and family values!
Judges 8:30 wrote: And Gideon had threescore and ten sons of his body begotten: for he had many wives.
Cool! We can be polygamists! (Wait! Is that a good thing?)
Matthew 10:35 wrote: For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law
. OK, not the "family values" kinda guy I thought he was but...
1st Corinthians wrote:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
Now, I'm pretty sure my wife is not going to go for this!
Mark 7:10 wrote:For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death
Whoa! Tough crowd! Waste your kid for loosing his temper?
Genesis 19:8 wrote:Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.
Ok, that does it! I'm not putting my daughters out to turn tricks. Man, that's one scary book!!
If you don't mind, I think I'll just pick up a copy of "Marriage for Dummies."

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by Cathar1950 »

Ok, that does it! I'm not putting my daughters out to turn tricks. Man, that's one scary book!!
Maybe that will keep all those guy from becoming Gay?
Of couse women have money too.