A G Sessions justifies child torture in the name of God

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Danmark
Site Supporter

A G Sessions justifies child torture in the name of God

Post #1

Post by Danmark »

Sara Sanders claims separating young children is just 'following the law. It is correct that illegal entry to the U.S. is a misdemeanor and criminal prosecution is legal; however, this has always been selectively enforced. Handling these cases administratively has always been the norm and is still being done selectively. Sara Sanders and this administration issued a misleading statement.

Attorney General Sessions admitted they are prosecuting and separating children from families to teach Mexicans not to 'smuggle their children into the U.S.' This is purposeful torture of innocent young children. But claims to be a 'Christian' and even smugly quoted Paul in Romans to claim God is on their side since 'God' has put Trump in power.
"Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God."
__ Romans 13:1

'God' has long been used by 'Christians' to justify cruelty. http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com/gab_racism.htm

The cruelty of this administration goes far beyond partisan politics. Christians should be more outraged than others by the vile practices of the Trump administration, particularly since they Give God the Credit.

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Re: A G Sessions justifies child torture in the name of God

Post #2

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 1 by Danmark]

Danmark, I feel you are promoting fake news by saying that "A G Sessions justifies child torture in the name of God".

1. It doesn't follow that you can justify torture against children.
2. This is about the children separated from illegal immigrants, no?
3. However, that USA isn't responsible to know that these children have their well-being intact, is questionable if not morally dubious, surely!

Any more links, more honest, please?
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #3

Post by Divine Insight »

Danmark wrote: Sara Sanders claims separating young children is just 'following the law.
Just because laws can be used in mean, hateful, and cruel ways doesn't mean that a person needs to use them in that way.

So there is no defense for Trump's hateful and mean use of the laws.

Sara Sanders apparently isn't any better than Trump when she is so willing to defend his inhumane treatment of people.

Therefore I hold Sara Sanders just responsible for the inhumane treatment of humans as I hold Trump and Sessions. She's condoning it and defending this immoral use of the law.

I've been watching preachers who have been responding to this and they point out that Jesus had proclaimed that there is no place in heaven for those who would treat the oppressed badly or even condone it. I wonder if Sara Sanders realizes that she's in grave disagreement with Jesus when she supports the likes of Trump?

I thought she was supposed to be a Christian?
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Danmark »

Aetixintro wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Danmark]

Danmark, I feel you are promoting fake news by saying that "A G Sessions justifies child torture in the name of God".

1. It doesn't follow that you can justify torture against children.
2. This is about the children separated from illegal immigrants, no?
3. However, that USA isn't responsible to know that these children have their well-being intact, is questionable if not morally dubious, surely!

Any more links, more honest, please?
Obviously Sessions is only ATTEMPTING to justify his and the administrations actions.
He certainly does not succeed. That is the POINT of the post.

Isn't the unnecessary separation of small children from parents torture? Sessions certainly quoted Paul re: Trump and the policy. What is the dishonesty? You are free to do your own research and point out any thing you claim is 'fake.' You haven't done so. You've just made a false allegation about 'fake news' without supporting your claim.
"The president implied that children were being separated from their parents at the border because of a law enacted by Democrats.
Actually, the policy in question was enacted by his own administration."

Re: Sessions quoting the Bible to support these separations:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act ... 491fce9f1e

And here's the video of Sessions himself unfairly justifying his actions by quoting Romans:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/opinions ... index.html
It is fair to point out that not all Christians agree with him and his use of the passage in Romans.

bjs
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by bjs »

[Replying to post 2 by Aetixintro]

Moderator Comment[

Make your argument without accusing others of dishonesty.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by ttruscott »

Danmark wrote: A G Sessions justifies child torture in the name of God
Here is why I reject that the word torture has any real meaning anymore in this culture...if all and any suffering is torture then nothing is torture. This logical absurdity, abused in politics, weeps into this forum all to much.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 6 by ttruscott]

I feel it is unreasonable to say that all suffering is torture. One thing is for sure by that: you can never have been tortured.

By https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/torture:
Definition of torture
1 : the infliction of intense pain (as from burning, crushing, or wounding) to punish, coerce, or afford sadistic pleasure
2 a : something that causes agony or pain
b : anguish of body or mind : agony
3 : distortion or overrefinement of a meaning or an argument : straining
Language is meant to be precise and though I can understand when people exaggerate own situation, I don't think this removes the word "torture" given the treatment of for example political prisoners or unjust military treatment of POWs, like John McCain. They have indeed suffered torture which they probably will never forget.

So when one writes: "A G Sessions justifies child torture in the name of God", it must mean something in the legal sense and I think it's part of the task of the OP to clarify this use of a strong word such as "torture". The link, for example, in OP may not have the greatest standing in the World.
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by Danmark »

ttruscott wrote:
Danmark wrote: A G Sessions justifies child torture in the name of God
Here is why I reject that the word torture has any real meaning anymore in this culture...if all and any suffering is torture then nothing is torture. This logical absurdity, abused in politics, weeps into this forum all to much.
I'm not insistent on the word 'torture.' Can we agree it is cruel to unnecessarily systematically separate young children from parents against their will? Sessions admitted he is doing this on purpose to 'teach them a lesson.' When did it become acceptable or 'Christian' in the US to purposely punish children for the transgressions of their parents? Some things are natural consequences and cannot be avoided, but Sessions is championing the UNNECESSARY separation of families and he uses the Bible for his justification.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by Danmark »

"The effect is catastrophic," said Charles Nelson, pediatrics professor at Harvard Medical School. "There's so much research on this that if people paid attention at all to the science, they would never do this."

That research on child-parent separation is driving pediatricians, psychologists and other health experts to vehemently oppose the Trump administration's new border crossing policy, which has separated nearly 2,000 immigrant children from their parents in recent weeks.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html

... and Trump blames the Democrats despite the fact the law did not change, just the enforcement of it; AND despite the fact Republicans control both the House and the Senate. Whether or not it rises to 'torture' is irrelevant; this decision by Donald j. Trump is child abuse.

Christians should soundly condemn this practice and even the ultra conservative Franklin Graham has joined other religious leaders to do just that.

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 9 by Danmark]

"Oh, how cute!" But here's the deal, why aren't they saying anything about the hazards of having children illegally in USA, entirely outside the ordered society and, probably more than most, being a part of the black economy in USA as well, with parents, possibly both, being involved in drug trafficking and probably drug abuse, one way or another, if not several other ailments...

No! Taking a child with you and illegally crossing the border to USA seems to invalidate people of having children at all...

Thus, separating the children, to some degree at least, may be a good move... :study: