Diversified Oneness

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

101G
Apprentice

Diversified Oneness

Post #1

Post by 101G »

I have been looking at many of the topics here on the site and finding a confusion about the Lord Jesus. Is he God or Not. I have notice many different doctrine that have been put forth.

But may I add just one more to the pot please, “Diversified Oneness�.

What is it? It is the doctrine that was taught by the Lord Jesus himself to his apostles, and written in the scriptures. I know the very first question you’re thinking right now is “where is this diversity in the scriptures". really all over the bible, from Genesis to Revelation.

First let me define it by the scriptures and then show it in the scripture. Definition, Scripture, Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star�.

Notice that word “offspring�. it is the Greek word, according to Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments, G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) n.
kin.
{abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective}
[from G1096]
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock

See how the KJV can translate offspring, “diversity�. Meaning, that he, Jesus is God “diversified� or “shared� in flesh as a man, a OFFSPRING of man kind.

I have read, as said, some of the responses to this subject matter. Everyone has an angel to the Godhead, but what if we’re not asking the right question to get the right answers?

I would like to put forth a series of question that will eliminate any doubt about the deity of our Lord and the Godhead in totality.

My first question is this, “Who raised the Lord Jesus body up after he died on the cross?�. who did it.

I’ll be looking for your responses.

My motto is this. “where there is knowledge, stay not ignorant�.

101G
Apprentice

Re: where are the scripture that say he must rise from the d

Post #11

Post by 101G »

[Replying to post 9 by dio9]

Psalms 16:8 "I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

Psalms 16:9 "Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

Psalms 16:10 "For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

FWI
Sage

Re: Diversified Oneness

Post #12

Post by FWI »

[Replying to 101G]

The idea you propose of: diversified oneness, as support for the Trinity is vague and not biblical. However, I will admit that there are instances in the N.T that seems to imply the Trinity, but it is not implied in the O.T. So, it is clear that the O.T. and N.T. do not agree on the doctrine of: "Who is God." The reason for this is that the Universal Church (Catholic) had control of the available materials for well over 1000 years and adjusted the material to support their beliefs, which were contrary to the original teachings given by the Christ. This belief also extended to non-Catholic groups through clever deception and they have also adjusted the intent of the original writings. Hence, this path has become the standard for most Christian groups. The statement in 2 Tim. 3:13 seems to show that this has occurred.

Thus, it is obvious that I do not support "sola scriptura" nor do I support the Trinity doctrine. There is only One God or Supreme Being with a single personality. Thus, all others are of lessor authority…
101G wrote:“Who raised the Lord Jesus body up after he died on the cross?� Who did it?
There are about 20 bible verses that either state or imply that God (the Supreme Being) raised the Christ from the dead, through His great power or God's Spirit. He (God) also gave the Christ the ability to apply this power himself. In turn, the Christ also gave (some of) his disciples the ability to draw from this power of God to have authority over (certain) unclean spirits and to heal all kinds of sickness and disease.

P.S. Welcome to the debate

Overcomer
Guru

Post #13

Post by Overcomer »

Actually, all three persons of the Trinity were involved in the resurrection:

God the Father raised Jesus (Acts 2:24, 32; 3:15, 26; 4:10; 5:30; 10:40; 13:30, 33, 34, 37).

God raised Him up again (Rom. 4:24; 6:4 [through the glory of the Father]); 10:9; 1 Cor. 6:14; Gal. 1:1; Col. 2:12).

And the Holy Spirit was involved:

Romans 8:11 “But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.

Romans 1:4 “who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord,…�

And, as you rightly pointed out, 101G, Jesus raised himself.

John 10:17, 18: The Son Himself lays down His life and takes it up again.

This explains it further:

https://www.gotquestions.org/who-resurrected-Jesus.html

101G
Apprentice

Post #14

Post by 101G »

[Replying to post 12 by FWI]

First thanks for the reply, but the doctrine I believe in do not support a trinity.

second, I must disagree with your assessment about the OT and the NT concering our Lord Jesus, they both clearly tell us who he is.

example in a previous post, I asked who made everything, the OT and the NT states that it was JESUS. but if you have anything else that say different please post it.

PCY

101G
Apprentice

Post #15

Post by 101G »

[Replying to post 13 by Overcomer]

Thanks for the reply, and yes it is JESUS the Holy Spirit. this is the point of this topic. see, it's the Holy Spirit that is God who without flesh and bone better known as the title holder "Father" who raised up that body. but note it is the Holy Spirit "diversified" in flesh as the title holder Son who raised up that body. when the Lord Jesus said "I" will raise it up , this is the Holy Spirit speaking in that Flesh who is God, the OFFSPRING. for in him is LIFE, see got question got it wrong. what was given to the Son was blood, the life of the flesh, supportive scripture, Leviticus 17:11 "For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul". and now without blood he can give us what he has, eternal life. the blood of the flesh is only temporal.

this is the premise of "Diversified oneness", that it is the Holy Spirit in and out of flesh shared as a man is the God or the ONLY PERSON in the Godhead, or as the Greek say the G243 allos "ANOTHER" of oneself in flesh.

understand, the basic of Diversified oneness is that the Holy Spirit is the Father with out flesh and bone, and the Holy Spirit is the "Son" with flesh and bones.

only ONE person, only diversified. and the Greek word that brings this understanding is G243 allos. according to Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort. examine that definition closely, and one will get the working idea of "Diversified Oneness".

PCY.

Overcomer
Guru

Post #16

Post by Overcomer »

101G wrote:
only ONE person, only diversified. and the Greek word that brings this understanding is G243 allos. according to Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort. examine that definition closely, and one will get the working idea of "Diversified Oneness".
You are absolutely right about the word "allos" referring to someone who is the same sort. Given that Jesus said he would send "another" (allos) comforter/helper (paraclete), it's clear that he wasn't referring to himself, but to another being just like him, that is, the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Triune Godhead.

Do you happen to be a Oneness Pentecostal by any chance?

101G
Apprentice

Post #17

Post by 101G »

[Replying to post 16 by Overcomer]

In the name of the Lord Jesus thaks for the reply. not I'm not a Oneness Pentecostal, I'm a "diversified Oneness". I'm totally different from their doctoral beliefs.

the doctrine I support is this. there is only one person in the Godhead and that's the Holy Spirit. and this ONE Spirit "shared" or diversified himself in flesh, hence the G243 allos.

and as for the comforter, the Lord Jesus plainly said that he is the comforter to return, scripture,

John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you".

verse 18 here is crystal clear, "I will come to you". that's plain as day.

and the Lord Jesus told them how he's returning, John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
and to be sure, in the very next verse, Judas, not Iscariot, asked the Lord point blank how is he going to "manifest" himself to them and not the world.

John 14:22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

and the lord answer him, John 14:23 "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Abode here is to reside, or dwell in us. and that's what happen on the day of Pentecost. he, the Lord Jesus "MANIFESTED" himself to them and not the world by the Spiritual gifts.

on Pentecost they was filled with the Spirit and spoke in other tongues. this is the Manifestation Judas asked about. scripture,

1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal".

there is that manifestation,

1 Corinthians 12:8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 12:9 "To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 12:10 "To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

there are the speaking in other tongues, which the apostles did on Pentecost, and Judas ask about in John 14.

1 Corinthians 12:11 "But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

see, ANOTHER Comforter is the Lord Jesus Glorified in Spirit. and to be sure that the Lord Jesus is the Comforter, just read 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous".

that word "advocate" in the Greek is G3875 πα�άκλητος parakletos (pa-ra'-klee-tos)
1. (properly) one called near (to give help).
2. an intercessor (one who entreats of behalf of another).
3. a comforter.
[(not given)]
KJV: advocate, comforter

see definition #3. "Comforter". that's the Lord Jesus, he is the Holy Spirit the ANOTHER COMFORTER, that came on Pentecost.

but when he return in the body, every EYE will see him, Revelation 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen".

shnarkle
Guru

Post #18

Post by shnarkle »

101G wrote: [Replying to post 4 by DPMartin]

yes, I agree, but consider this. using a scripture you quoted from the book of John.

John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made".

so it was JESUS who made all things .... correct. now this, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself".

ok, who made everything?
Everything was made by the word. Yet the word isn't really Jesus because the word "became" Jesus. Jesus couldn't become Jesus. The assumption is that because the word exists eternally and created everything that this must therefore be God. This is a false assumption as is evidenced in 1 Cor. 8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
Paul clearly distinguishes between the one God and Father who is the origin of all things, e.g. "OF WHOM are all things", and Christ "BY WHOM" are all things. So from this we can safely conclude that the eternal creator of all things isn't God. John says the same thing when he distinguishes between the word and God, e.g "And the word was WITH God"

shnarkle
Guru

Post #19

Post by shnarkle »

101G wrote: [Replying to post 8 by dio9]

No, I'm not talking about who was at the resurrection, but "WHO" raised up the Lord Jesus body. now the good and correct answer came from Elijah John, he quoted Acts 2:32. but that was countered by John 2:18-22 and proved out that Peter knew that Jesus raised up his own Body.

Unless you have something different?......
Yep, here it is;
Joh_14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, HE DOETH THE WORKS.
i'm not yelling, I just don't know how to embolden the words.

shnarkle
Guru

Post #20

Post by shnarkle »

101G wrote: [Replying to post 12 by FWI]

First thanks for the reply, but the doctrine I believe in do not support a trinity.

second, I must disagree with your assessment about the OT and the NT concering our Lord Jesus, they both clearly tell us who he is.

example in a previous post, I asked who made everything, the OT and the NT states that it was JESUS. but if you have anything else that say different please post it.

PCY
I'd really like to see where it says "Jesus" created everything. Jesus was a human being who lived around 2000 years ago, and only for about 30 years, which doesn't really fit with any of the creation stories in the bible. An itinerant preacher named Jesus didn't create the world.