Looking for things to listen to

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Looking for things to listen to

Post #1

Post by rikuoamero »

So the plan is to have some things to listen to tomorrow while I'm hill climbing. I'll be about eight hours or so. I already have Matt dillahunty v Jordan Peterson lined up. any other suggestions? Preferably something I can download, whether YouTube or elsewhere.

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

benchwarmer
Guru

Re: Looking for things to listen to

Post #2

Post by benchwarmer »

rikuoamero wrote: So the plan is to have some things to listen to tomorrow while I'm hill climbing. I'll be about eight hours or so. I already have Matt dillahunty v Jordan Peterson lined up. any other suggestions? Preferably something I can download, whether YouTube or elsewhere.
I'm not sure this is the kind of thing you are looking for, but I think this might be appropriate. I enjoy indoor rock climbing and this is a great thing to have running through my head when it gets tough. Listen to the lyrics... Great inspiration for climbing :)

Sia - The Greatest

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #3

Post by rikuoamero »

benchwarmer wrote:
rikuoamero wrote: So the plan is to have some things to listen to tomorrow while I'm hill climbing. I'll be about eight hours or so. I already have Matt dillahunty v Jordan Peterson lined up. any other suggestions? Preferably something I can download, whether YouTube or elsewhere.
I'm not sure this is the kind of thing you are looking for, but I think this might be appropriate. I enjoy indoor rock climbing and this is a great thing to have running through my head when it gets tough. Listen to the lyrics... Great inspiration for climbing :)

Sia - The Greatest
Thanks but I'm looking for talks, speeches, debates, conversations, podcasts. I've got some things lined up, have thought of a few but am interested in what the community has to say.

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

jgh7

Post #4

Post by jgh7 »

I dont really listen to these things. But a common name that I hear brought up a lot is Joe Rogan. Many find him interesting.

benchwarmer
Guru

Post #5

Post by benchwarmer »

rikuoamero wrote:
benchwarmer wrote:

Sia - The Greatest
Thanks but I'm looking for talks, speeches, debates, conversations, podcasts. I've got some things lined up, have thought of a few but am interested in what the community has to say.
I thought as much, but just in case you need a little diversion :)

I assume you have scanned through Ted Talks? https://www.ted.com/talks

Lots of interesting stuff on there in all kinds of topics.

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #6

Post by rikuoamero »

benchwarmer wrote:
rikuoamero wrote:
benchwarmer wrote:

Sia - The Greatest
I thought as much, but just in case you need a little diversion :)

I assume you have scanned through Ted Talks? https://www.ted.com/talks

Lots of interesting stuff on there in all kinds of topics.
Hmm...I do enjoy TED, and watch them all the time. Thing is, that's the problem. Watch. I'm looking for things to listen to, and if there's a heavy visual component to the recommendation, I won't go for it. That's why I'm gonna be listening to Dillahunty v Peterson - although it is of course a video, a debate doesn't really lose anything if one just listens to it.

Neatras
Guru

Post #7

Post by Neatras »

Wanna listen to Kent Hovind duck and dodge out of every topic raised to him by a college grad? Then boy do I have the video for you.

Then there's part 2, Electric Boogaloo.

Flat Earth debate if you're in a jolly mood.

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #8

Post by rikuoamero »

Neatras wrote: Wanna listen to Kent Hovind duck and dodge out of every topic raised to him by a college grad? Then boy do I have the video for you.

Then there's part 2, Electric Boogaloo.

Flat Earth debate if you're in a jolly mood.
Nice. I'm always interested in listening to Kent Hovind - it's what made me a fan of Logicked.