Time-line, science and Judaic religious claims

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Willum
Savant

Time-line, science and Judaic religious claims

Post #1

Post by Willum »

Presented as if it were true, the Bible was memorized* by uneducated goat-hearders and handed down by generations miraculously and exactly until it was recorded 800 years ago for the Torah/OT, and 2000 years ago for the NT.

Science has been dynamically learning since observations have been recorded, and learns and changes even now, arriving at better descriptions and truth.

Question for debate:
How can a reasonable person accept thousands of years of reaffirmed evidence over the alleged hear-say of 8000 year old goat-herders?

* = We must acknowledge that the miraculous memorization is also incorrect, if the rest of it is.

Tcg
Savant

Re: Time-line, science and Judaic religious claims

Post #31

Post by Tcg »

1213 wrote:
Willum wrote: What you are saying, and I say this respectfully, is that your judgment is that the verbally transitioned stories of unadvanced cultures is better than the observations of our modern ones.
With all respect, you didn’t understand, all real observations are ok to me. Real observations that we can make are not in contradiction with the Bible, they support the Bible. That I don’t support all conclusions/theories of the observations, is not same as rejecting the observations.
By using the term, "Real observations", you are simply revealing the fact that you reject any and all observations that contradict the Bible.

All observations aren't ok to you, in spite of your claim. Only the observations that support the conclusions you have reached before examining the observations are acceptable. So yes, you have rejected the observations you pretend aren't "Real observations".

Savant

Re: Time-line, science and Judaic religious claims

Post #32

Post by 1213 »

Tcg wrote: By using the term, "Real observations", you are simply revealing the fact that you reject any and all observations that contradict the Bible.

All observations aren't ok to you, in spite of your claim. Only the observations that support the conclusions you have reached before examining the observations are acceptable. So yes, you have rejected the observations you pretend aren't "Real observations".
You are terribly wrong and my advice to you is, don’t make up things that are clearly wrong or/and lies. It ruins your credibility.

With “real observations� I mean things that can be seen and studied and seen also by other than atheists. Real observation can be for example a bone. But real observation is not the artistic image made on basis of the bone.