The tree of truth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Waterfall
Scholar

The tree of truth

Post #1

Post by Waterfall »

I have been reading the story about Adam and Eve and now I cannot understand what people are talking about...eating of the tree of life? According to this story God do not want people to eat of the tree of life? Is that not why God did this:
After he drove the man out, he placed on the east sidee of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.
It seems like God do not want humans to live forever, so there can be no talk about an resurrection of humans. God just want humans to die and perish. Because they did not obey. End of story.

But the story keeps on going? Why is that?

Waterfall
Scholar

Re: The tree of truth

Post #51

Post by Waterfall »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 48 by Waterfall]

Well I think that' great.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

JW
I have ask you about this:
When I look at the hare krishna movement...then I think...what a wonderfull life...that I would like to experience...why was I not born there? We cant all have the same body, so...but that still do not answer the question...why you in this body and not me? Who desides that?
Maybe you have answered it?

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #52

Post by Waterfall »

dio9 wrote: [Replying to post 47 by Waterfall]

in the mythology of Lilith there is also a tree. The Hebrews called Lilith a pagan goddess but by others (as late as 5th century) She is called the first wife of Adam. Created at the same time as Adam in the image of God.
She left Adam and Eden because she wouldn't subordinate herself to Adam because She said we are equal.

There are two creation stories in Genesis in one they are created together in the image of God. In the other Eve is subordinate created from Adam's rib subordinate to Adam .

Point is the The Goddess myth even though demonized by the Hebrew writers proceeds the Old Testament tale . This Myth first seen on clay tablets dated 600 BC on Sumerian Assyrian and Babylonian cuneiform .
The Hebrews suppressed her but you can't keep a good myth down the Goddess appears again Christianized in the Virgin mother Mary. Perhaps cleaned up a bit from her earlier pagan mythological self, but still Christianity is all about redemption isn't it.
Does the mother need to be liberated?
I do not know mush about mythology, so I will have to read about it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mythology

With regard to liberating the mother, then I am inspired by this account:

http://uk.vandrermodlyset.dk/m-a02.htm

http://uk.vandrermodlyset.dk/m-ko02.htm

It may only be a story at the end of the day, so I will keep an open mind, and listen to what others has to say about things. Some like the hare krishna movement say we are eternal souls who always has existed together with Krishna in the spiritual world, but then (at some point in time) we turned away from Krishna, and because of that we were sent (or was falling) into the material world. I think we could learn mush by investigating this idea. Can we say that it is not true?

dio9
Under Probation

Post #53

Post by dio9 »

[Replying to post 52 by Waterfall]

This is interesting the myth is inter because Christianity also say there was a fall of Man, fallen from a state of grace , a paradise , into this world which man has made into the dystopian fallen world.
It's interesting how these myths under gird human religious thought.

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #54

Post by Waterfall »

dio9 wrote: [Replying to post 52 by Waterfall]

This is interesting the myth is inter because Christianity also say there was a fall of Man, fallen from a state of grace , a paradise , into this world which man has made into the dystopian fallen world.
It's interesting how these myths under gird human religious thought.
Yes, and they to have a savior, or many of them, but Krishna is the ultimate savior.

I have found this about the movement:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internati ... sciousness

And this is just great:

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #55

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Waterfall wrote:

JW
When I look at the hare krishna movement...then I think...what a wonderfull life...that I would like to experience...why was I not born there? We cant all have the same body, so...but that still do not answer the question...why you in this body and not me? Who desides that?

I'm sorry I cannot answer why you were not born a hara Khrishna.

Anything else?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

dio9
Under Probation

Post #56

Post by dio9 »

[Replying to post 54 by Waterfall]

Yes of course God' character is Father progenitor Mother nurturer and Son Avatar savior.

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #57

Post by Waterfall »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Waterfall wrote:

JW

I'm sorry I cannot answer why you were not born a hara Khrishna.

Anything else?
That is alright.

I have ask this question also:
Some like the hare krishna movement say we are eternal souls who always has existed together with Krishna in the spiritual world, but then (at some point in time) we turned away from Krishna, and because of that we were sent (or was falling) into the material world. I think we could learn mush by investigating this idea. Can we say that it is not true?
It was a question to everybody and not just dio9.

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #58

Post by Waterfall »

dio9 wrote: [Replying to post 54 by Waterfall]

Yes of course God' character is Father progenitor Mother nurturer and Son Avatar savior.
I do not understand your response? But I quess it has something to do with Avatar:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/avatar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #59

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Waterfall wrote:
Some like the hare krishna movement say we are eternal souls who always has existed together with Krishna in the spiritual world, but then (at some point in time) we turned away from Krishna, and because of that we were sent (or was falling) into the material world. I think we could learn mush by investigating this idea. Can we say that it is not true?

We most certainly can. Humans do not have an immortal soul that is a Satanic lie, don't believe it.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #60

Post by Waterfall »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Waterfall wrote:

We most certainly can. Humans do not have an immortal soul that is a Satanic lie, don't believe it.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
You do not seem to get the question...what do you think the hare krishna movement would or could say to you? It is a Satanic lie that we do not have a soul? So who is right? You? Them? Because? If this is true then this cannot be true...that is right. But is it true? Let us think about the idea. They may be wrong about some things but that does not mean they are wrong about everything. So lets keep an open mind and investigate the idea. Can we say that it is not true?